Utah is too conservative

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Arenera
captain of 1,000

Re: Utah is too conservative

Post by Arenera »

David13 wrote: April 25th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Arenera wrote: April 25th, 2018, 7:20 am
gigarath24 wrote: April 24th, 2018, 7:59 pm
Arenera wrote: April 24th, 2018, 5:29 pm Give me liberty or give me death.

Everyone is living so you must not be too upset.
I have the proper perspective that these are the last days and that Satan runs the world's governments at this time, i.e. babylon. I truly am upset, but we have been told that the end times are going to be like this. The only time that government will be perfect is when Christ returns, but it has not gotten as bad as it will eventually be. At the time that Patrick Henry gave his famous speech there wasn't the restored gospel on the Earth. Now that there is, I know that from here going forward every nation, people, and local community will as a standard rule of process gradually become less free and more oppressive. The reason why you don't see me fighting with guns and bombs is because it is ultimately no longer a fight that can be won with arms and physical force. It is the end of days and so the only way that the forces that persecute and oppress is to combat it with the spirit. We are at war, and a revolution must be waged but it is one of spiritual arms and not of physical force. It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
Another way to look at it: These are tough times, but we do our best. We still need good candidates to fight when things are tough. Just like the stripling warriors. Utah's republican central committee's approach is to try to control who becomes a candidate. The 5% of them think they know the better than the other 95%. As was seen at the convention, they just fight and bicker and I think that really turns off most Utahns.

While Romney may not represent your opinion of the ideal candidate, who does? Romney has vast experience in this turbulent world we live in and has demonstrated he can successfully improve things. I think he will win the primary handily, but maybe Utahns will choose differently.

Can you explain to me what you believe Romney "improved"?
dc
2002 Winter Olympics. That is why so many Utahns like him.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

What kind of an example has Mitt Romney set for Utah voters, especially for LDS voters, who should understand, espouse and uphold the principles of the US Constitution ?

gigarath24
captain of 100

Post by gigarath24 »

Arenera wrote: April 24th, 2018, 5:29 pm Another way to look at it: These are tough times, but we do our best. We still need good candidates to fight when things are tough. Just like the stripling warriors. Utah's republican central committee's approach is to try to control who becomes a candidate. The 5% of them think they know the better than the other 95%. As was seen at the convention, they just fight and bicker and I think that really turns off most Utahns.

While Romney may not represent your opinion of the ideal candidate, who does? Romney has vast experience in this turbulent world we live in and has demonstrated he can successfully improve things. I think he will win the primary handily, but maybe Utahns will choose differently.
1) I'm a Texan, so I couldn't really say what turns off most Utahans.

2) I'm a Libertarian, so I don't really know what kinds of things are said or done in a Republican convention and if it is as bad as you say it is.

3) All government is based on the minority thinking they know better then the majority.

4) While I would assume that Mitt Romney is a good and faithful Latter-day Saint (He was a Stake President and no one has anything to say against his personal character because as far as I know there isn't anything negative to be said). So religiously me and him agree. Having said this Romney's politics show me that he is a statist and a tool, and usually in the same moment. If given the option between Romney and a liberty minded individual I will vote for the liberty minded individual every time. In case you're wondering, I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

gigarath24 wrote: April 26th, 2018, 12:47 am
Arenera wrote: April 24th, 2018, 5:29 pm Another way to look at it: These are tough times, but we do our best. We still need good candidates to fight when things are tough. Just like the stripling warriors. Utah's republican central committee's approach is to try to control who becomes a candidate. The 5% of them think they know the better than the other 95%. As was seen at the convention, they just fight and bicker and I think that really turns off most Utahns.

2) I'm a Libertarian, so I don't really know what kinds of things are said or done in a Republican convention and if it is as bad as you say it is.

3) All government is based on the minority thinking they know better then the majority.

4) While I would assume that Mitt Romney is a good and faithful Latter-day Saint (He was a Stake President and no one has anything to say against his personal character because as far as I know there isn't anything negative to be said). So religiously me and him agree. Having said this Romney's politics show me that he is a statist and a tool, and usually in the same moment. If given the option between Romney and a liberty minded individual I will vote for the liberty minded individual every time. In case you're wondering, I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012.
That's a good vote, but your candidate didn't even come close to winning. So, they cannot impact anything. Saying someone is liberty minded while another is not, is just an opinion.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

We are in a land of liberty. No kings here.

And this land shall be a land of liberty unto the Gentiles, and there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles.

gigarath24
captain of 100

Post by gigarath24 »

Arenera wrote: April 26th, 2018, 8:15 am
gigarath24 wrote: April 26th, 2018, 12:47 am

That's a good vote, but your candidate didn't even come close to winning. So, they cannot impact anything. Saying someone is liberty minded while another is not, is just an opinion.
Good vote or not, I voted with my conscious and haven't any regrets.

gigarath24
captain of 100

Post by gigarath24 »

Arenera wrote: April 26th, 2018, 7:17 pm We are in a land of liberty. No kings here.

And this land shall be a land of liberty unto the Gentiles, and there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles.
Satan is king and the Federal Reserve is his emissary.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

I lived most of my life in UT, We left. I even worked for a time in a state position- not an elected office, just another part of the bureaucracy. Things in UT are just as bad as everywhere else. The scriptures do say the cleansing will begin in the Lords house. Where there are the most righteous, there are the most wicked.