Avraham Gileadi Excommunication - The Truth About

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
creator
(of the Forum)

Avraham Gileadi Excommunication - The Truth About

Post by creator »

A Statement from Avraham Gileadi about excommunication and more:

Having attempted over the years to correct erroneous statements about me that others have made under my name on Wikipedia — only to have them intentionally or non-intentionally replaced by the same ones as before — I feel constrained to clarify several things in regard to myself for the benefit of those who might otherwise be prejudiced toward my life's work on the Book of Isaiah.

First, although I am a Hebrew scholar and literary analyst, I was never a "Mormon historian" or "researcher of Mormonism," considering the literary analysis of the writings of Isaiah and their scriptural connections of themselves worthy of a life's commitment.

Second, as I taught college at Brigham Young University by way of supporting my family only during my academic years (1973–1981), I was never "terminated" as either a teacher or professor. I thus can't be considered to have a "post-termination career."

Third, although I was excommunicated in 1993 from the LDS church in a disciplinary council that began a wave of several thousand excommunications on the Wasatch Front in the 1990s, in my case — as not a single charge was true or supported by evidence — all record of it was expunged from the church's records nearly a decade ago in a tacit admission that the church had made a mistake. In other words, as my excommunication from the church was a non-event so far as the church is concerned, it doesn't define me as a person. Yet there are those who take it on themselves to define me as such throughout the current Wikipedia article, attaching it even to my listed name.

Fourth, while several prominent writers who were excommunicated in 1993 pleaded their cause in the media at that time and thus embarrassed the church, I never did so, even though my family, reputation, work, etc. were adversely affected by the church's action. Yet those same prominent writers were evidently glad to see me among their number and to ascribe to me the very same questioning of the church's authority and "speaking against church doctrine or leadership" in which they engaged, as the current Wikipedia write-up asserts. As I have never been asked to change my conclusions that derive from applying several methodologies of literary analysis to researching scriptural texts, my supposedly "challenging the exclusive right of leaders to define doctrine" is a non sequitur.

In short, the above writers have no evidence of any such spurious claims and I ask them to desist from their calumnies. As in this instance, the abject practice of citing anti-Mormon sources to supply the "truth" or of defaming the messenger whose findings happen not to coincide with your opinion is further unbecoming of Wikipedia, whose goal is to convey information to the world, not misinformation.

Fifth, I appeal to anyone who studies the contributions I have made over many years of researching the Book of Isaiah to check out for himself the scriptural evidence I present instead of depending on hearsay, preconceived ideas, or popular opinion.

A major part of the opposition I have received (though I confess I have caused some by my own follies) has been the nature of Isaiah's message itself. Because to certain defenders of religious orthodoxy Isaiah's message has seemed controversial, therefore by them I have been deemed controversial. Admittedly, Isaiah's paradigm of end-time realities, while terribly indicting of those who profess to be God's covenant people in that day, also holds out hope for those who dare to search their souls and let go of all things materialistic and ungodly. And as a new paradigm that is grounded in the truth of God inevitably wins out in the end, so the prospect exists that Isaiah's message to the world will ultimately bear good fruit.

- - - - -

Avraham Gileadi Biography

Avraham Gileadi was born in the Netherlands in 1940. During World War II, his father's underground organization helped a New Zealand pilot escape to England. This led to the family migrating to New Zealand in 1950. After becoming a popular jazz and rock musician, Avraham Gileadi gave up the music to return to his spiritual roots. In 1968, he traveled to Israel, received his Hebrew name from a rabbinical court on converting to Judaism, became an Israeli citizen, attended rabbinical school in Jerusalem and learned Jewish analytical methods. He was baptized LDS in 1972 in the Pool of Siloam after having read the Book of Mormon, which he found in a kibbutz library. In 1973, he moved to the United States, enrolled at Brigham Young University and raised a family of nine children. He graduated in 1981 with a Ph.D. in Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies under the tutelage of Professor Roland. K. Harrison of Wycliffe College in Toronto, with Professor Hugh Nibley serving as chairman. For his Ph.D. thesis, he analyzed a complex literary structure in the Book of Isaiah that radically impacts the book's interpretation.

During six of his years at BYU, he taught Hebrew, Old and New Testaments, and an honors class in the literary analysis of Isaiah. Under the direction of Ellis T. Rasmussen, dean of Religion, he reviewed, then later revised Israeli scholar Jonathan Shunary's Hebrew translation of the Book of Mormon for the LDS Translation Division, discovering many Hebrew prophetic substructures and literary patterns in the Book of Mormon. He also translated the Book of Isaiah into modern English with annotations from the Dead Sea Isaiah Scroll and Septuagint Version, publishing it with analyses of Isaiah's literary patterns discovered during a decade of post-doctoral research.

Sponsored by the Hebraeus Foundation (est. 1990), Avraham Gileadi has lectured widely, given seminars and firesides, and published ten books on the Book of Isaiah and related subjects that teach Jewish analytical methods and help one understand Isaiah's prophecy. His publications include The Apocalyptic Book of Isaiah (Hebraeus Press,1982); The Book of Isaiah: A New Translation with Interpretive Keys from the Book of Mormon (Deseret Book, 1988; Hebron Books, 2012); Israel's Apostasy and Restoration: Essays in Honor of Roland K. Harrison (Baker Book House, 1988); The Last Days: Types and Shadows from the Bible and the Book of Mormon (Deseret Book, 1990; Argon Press, 1998); The Literary Message of Isaiah (Hebraeus Press, 1994; 2012); The End from the Beginning: The Apocalyptic Vision of Isaiah with Isaiah Translation (Hebraeus Press, 1997; 2012); the DVD series Book of Mormon Keys to Isaiah and Isaiah: Key to the Book of Mormon (Hebron Books, 2002); and Studies in the Book of Mormon (Hebron Books, 2005); Isaiah Decoded: Ascending the Ladder to Heaven (Hebraeus Press, 2002; 2012); the 30-hour audio series Analytical Commentary of Isaiah (Hebraeus Press, MP3, 2004, 2014); The Book of Isaiah: Analytical Translation with Comprehensive Concordance (Hebraeus Press, 2012); and Apocalyptic Commentary of the Book of Isaiah (Hebraeus Press, 2013).

Selected Testimonials

"Dr. Gileadi has achieved a major breakthrough in the investigation of a book of such complexity and importance as the Book of Isaiah" - Professor David Noel Freedman, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.

"Dr. Gileadi is the only LDS scholar I know of who is thoroughly competent to teach the words of Isaiah" - Professor Hugh Nibley, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah (1. 6. 2003).

"Dr. Gileadi's work will render obsolete almost all the speculations of Isaiah scholars over the last one hundred years, enabling scholarship to proceed along an entirely new line. . . Dr. Gileadi has produced a translation of the Book of Isaiah which is modern in its linguistic approach, but which also preserves all the values of more traditional renderings. His translation is excellent: it is sensitive, and manages to capture in English the vigor of the Hebrew idiom. This new and distinctive translation constitutes an advance upon other modern translations" - Professor Roland K. Harrison, Editor-in-chief, New King James Bible, Wycliffe College, Toronto School of Theology, Canada.

"Dr. Gileadi has clearly demonstrated his mastery of the Book of Isaiah and of the scholarly literature dealing with it" - Professor Ronald Youngblood, Bethel Theological Seminary, San Diego, California.

"Only one who is truly at home not only with the Hebrew but with the ancient manner of biblical thought could have produced such an insightful and ground-breaking book" - Professor S. Douglas Waterhouse, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan.

"Dr. Gileadi's translation [of the Book of Isaiah] is clear and smooth, allowing the reader to appreciate the power and beauty of Isaiah as conveyed in the Hebrew original" - Professor Herbert M. Wolf, Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois.

"It is my testimony that this man has been brought forward and trained at this time to help those inside the Church into Isaiah, and those outside the Church, Jew and Gentile, through Isaiah into the Church" - Professor Arthur Henry King, Shakespeare Scholar, BYU, and London Temple President.

"Avraham Gileadi's work on Isaiah represents a powerful, innovative use of rhetorical methods for analyzing text. His work is at the forefront of the new biblical scholarship which is making use of literary analysis. This student's comment is typical: 'I've had several of the best teachers on campus—teachers of the year. I learned more from Dr. Gileadi than from any of the others. He really teaches you how to think and has tremendous knowledge of his subject matter'" - Dennis J. Packard, Department Chairman, Department of Philosophy, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.

"Dr. Gileadi's understanding of the textual structure of Isaiah thoroughly explodes biblical minimalists' claims that the book was written by different authors over a long period of time" - Damon Casale, biblical researcher, Tampa, Florida.

"Without a doubt one of the most influential writers of all time, Gileadi has awakened critical truths vital for navigating through these times. His research is a rare combination of scholarship and divine inspiration" - Jennifer Orten, editor, Chino Hills, California.

"Gileadi has attained a fine balance of inspiration and intellect in translating and interpreting Isaiah" - Ellis T. Rasmussen, Dean Emeritus Religious Instruction, Brigham Young University.

"Avraham Gileadi has done for the Book of Isaiah what Stephen Hawking did for quantum physics. He has rolled back the ancient scroll to reveal a timeless message for all in modern times, Jew and Gentile" - Robert Kay, Utah Torah Education Society, Salt Lake City.

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Avraham Gileadi Excommunication - The Truth About

Post by creator »

One of the reasons I posted this information is because of the disinformation campaign.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

BrianM wrote:One of the reasons I posted this information is because of the disinformation campaign.
What is the disinformation campaign?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

rewcox wrote:
BrianM wrote:One of the reasons I posted this information is because of the disinformation campaign.
What is the disinformation campaign?
If you read the above you'll have read about Wikipedia.

Another example is the Malcolm Jeppsen journal entry that has been circulating on the Internet that gives his false version of Avraham Gileadi's excommunication in 1993.

Mormon Stories did an interview with Malcolm Jeppsen's daughter and she discussed some details of the excommunication in part 3. She felt like it wasn't right.

dayzieflower
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dayzieflower »

I read that story and it's false?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

dayzieflower wrote:I read that story and it's false?
If you are referring to Malcolm Jeppsen's account of what happened there is some misinformation.

Judah Manasseh
captain of 10

Post by Judah Manasseh »

The Creator wrote: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
dayzieflower wrote:I read that story and it's false?
If you are referring to Malcolm Jeppsen's account of what happened there is some misinformation.
Can you please elaborate on what misinformation is present with in the Jeppsen account?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Surprised that the church doesn’t excommunicate Gileadi now. The things he writes about oppose their views. For example, they think the are the ones who will build Zion when the scriptures clearly indicate otherwise.
And he has no qualms about indicating who the false prophets are in our day without naming names. A big no no in their book. Lol

Hosh
captain of 100

Post by Hosh »

Mamabear wrote: June 5th, 2022, 10:44 am Surprised that the church doesn’t excommunicate Gileadi now. The things he writes about oppose their views. For example, they think the are the ones who will build Zion when the scriptures clearly indicate otherwise.
And he has no qualms about indicating who the false prophets are in our day without naming names. A big no no in their book. Lol
The leaders are all about being popular in the eyes of the members. It would be like if they had excommunicated Hugh Nibley. They couldn't because of his massive following in the church. Same with Gileadi.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Mamabear wrote: June 5th, 2022, 10:44 am Surprised that the church doesn’t excommunicate Gileadi now. The things he writes about oppose their views. For example, they think the are the ones who will build Zion when the scriptures clearly indicate otherwise.
Gileadi continually retracts on the harshness of Isaiah upon modern Israel; look to his emails and he lessens the blow on the Brethren.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

The more acquainted would know of Gileadi’s pursuit for marital enlargement/adulteration.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Alexander wrote: June 5th, 2022, 1:06 pm The more acquainted would know of Gileadi’s pursuit for marital enlargement/adulteration.
What does this mean?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Alexander wrote: June 5th, 2022, 12:47 pm
Gileadi continually retracts on the harshness of Isaiah upon modern Israel; look to his emails and he lessens the blow on the Brethren.
Can you link a source?

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

Mamabear wrote: June 5th, 2022, 1:10 pm
Can you link a source?
viewtopic.php?p=1228981#p1228981

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Alexander wrote: June 5th, 2022, 1:18 pm
Mamabear wrote: June 5th, 2022, 1:10 pm
Can you link a source?
viewtopic.php?p=1228981#p1228981
Interesting….. Thanks. That surprises me. Even if it wasn’t written by him, he still allowed it on his website, so he must believe it.
Well, I guess we’re part of an apostate group that think Brigham was off the rails then. He was the one who changed the covenant, edited church history and d&c and also instituted polygamy.

“And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and become as a little child, and be baptized in my name, or ye can in nowise receive these things.
38 And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.
39 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and whoso buildeth upon this buildeth upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them.
40 And whoso shall declare more or less than this, and establish it for my doctrine, the same cometh of evil, and is not built upon my rock; but he buildeth upon a sandy foundation, and the gates of hell stand open to receive such when the floods come and the winds beat upon them.
3 Nephi 37-40

He and others clearly complicated and added to the gospel which the Lord warned against.
I’m happy to be free from the lies and deception.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

What is the difference between disinformation and propaganda?
is that propaganda is a concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behavior of large numbers of people while disinformation is the dissemination of intentionally false information to deliberately confuse or mislead. A concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behavior of large numbers of people.
Propaganda vs Disinformation - What's the difference ...

www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-misinfor
Search for: What is the difference between disinformation and propaganda?
What does disinformation mean?
Disinformation means “deliberately misleading or biased information; manipulated narrative or facts; propaganda.” So, the difference between misinformation and disinformation comes down to intent.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

the manuals of the COJCLFDS including semi nary and institute have never taught that "we" will build Zion.

I was raised by an inactive father and mother, therefore my mother learned who King Noah was when I taught family evening at the age of 20. I'm getting to my point. . .At the age of 18, I dated a Jewish young man that was stationed at HAFB. He challenged me on the subject claiming that mormons will not build the Temple . . they will. I told him that I already knew that. And since he had been raised by a mormon nanny and had learned all about mormon doctrine, so to speak, he was clear about both temples.

so I ask myself and you how did I know that at such a young age being raised inactive, yet from along line of mormon missionaries, polygamists and leaders. Even some ancestors that knew JS and we have artifacts from them in the Nauvoo Temple.

Thank you sunday school and relief and priesthood quorum and over the pulpit teachers. You messed up a lot of people. Actually when I became active and repented I thought that Iwas going to the wrong church or was missing something. I relied heavily on the institute manuals since I felt that I was so far behind in the knowledge of the doctrines. Holy cow, studied like crazy to find out that most of these COJCLDS teachers could care less whether they teach correct doctrine or not.

now my story is all told.

If you can find me a decent reference that the church or any manual has stated this, then I would love to consider it. I am not really disagreeing with you but rather think that this particular rumor was spread by word of mouth.

just saying

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

who does he believe are the false prophets? I know that he claims dumb watchdogs . . but where does the false prophet stuff come from?

I am not challenging you but am seeking to correct false doctrine whether mentioned by you or an member of the church right up to the top. Nothing about the messenger just about the message that I want to be clear on.

somehow I missed the false prophet in his teachings

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

hey, I really like this thread cuz I have had a burning question (not really a question but a challenge to a teaching) as I have studied Gileadi's teachings.

Now, I don't want to accuse any one on this forum of constantly teaching false doctrine by Gileadi but . . . .and this is a point of contention with spirit, too.

I do not believe and will never believe until it is doctrinally proved to me that . . . our prophets or priesthood of the COJCLDS will have to apostatize in order for the House of Israel to get back their covenant or priesthood or however Gileadi teaches it. I think the general apostasy is of anyone who chooses to apostatize in the church BUT there is no proof that prophets will apostatize and lose it.

there is proof that prophets and apostles will not be watching. but no proof for apostasy.

So let me wander here a bit. The teachings seem to be in disagreement of who will be in charge, sort of. Well, Christ will be in charge.

1. even the orthodox Jews recognize that a "prophet" will tell them to build the temple. They claim that there are no prophets so when challenged then they say that it will be a prophet and they will know this prophet.

2. There will be a new covenant received by both the Gentiles and the House of Israel. So, while the covenant lays squarely within the COJCLDS then it is possible that both peoples and in perhaps all peoples, including the ten tribes and Enoch will part of this new covenant with NO ONE dominating but Christ. the scriptures or the justice of our Savior seems to support this idea in my mind.

3. I realize that in the past, the pattern that Gileadi teaches, has been to lose that covenant while another group claims it and he states clearly that the COJCLDS will have to apostatize and be real wicked to lose the covenant. He claims that this is how the Jews lost the covenant so it is a type of how it will happen in the last days.

Well, some things are types and they have been mentioned by Isaih or John or Daniel or whoever . .

BUT I don't agree that everything has a type and I strongly believe some things will be new . . . will be new. I strongly believe that we will all share the covenant thus the scripture that states that ten tribes will ask who are all these people? or who are all these dressed in white? they are out of the tribulations and we will all have a great group hug and cry.

All of us that have made it. Do you see what I am saying. All of us. When Gileadi teaches his doctrine of COJCLDS losing then I feel that he is showing his preference in thinking the Jews rule. Not so. And many posters on this forum feel that they are going to be seen as a better people in god's eyes than those of the COJCLDS. Not so. Or better than the people of this the promised land . . the North American continent of USA.

It often feels like a sorts game with the playoffs being between COJCLDS, children of Jacob, ten tribes, etc. . . what ever . . who will win?????? Those who are faithful to Christ and his gospel.

We will all be equal, I believe, the ten tribes, city of Enoch, lineage of Jacob, and gentiles and anyone else who has paid the price to know Christ. We will all have the covenant or rather, it will not be "given up or taken" but will be a new covenant offered to all.

Otherwise, if I am just a condemned or less than Gentile in Christ's eyes then why should I bother.

I get really tired of this better than position in and among members of the COJCLDS and Jews and those outside the church and members of other churches that hate the COJCLDS and so on and so on and so on. However, I don't mind the condemnations of any groups of people that choose wrong or the attention paid to apostate doctrine or ideas or basically pointing out PITAs, like our prophets are in this day.

I just totally feel that no one group will be in charge and COJCLDS does NOT have to apostatize just cuz Gileadi says so. People, can't we all just get along? heheheheheheheh

So somebody prove me wrong because there is not doctrine that I can find . . .although I could be blind to my own arrogance that claims that the church will lose the priesthood or that our prophets apostatize (I know a couple could, but) and it will be "taken". Please, provide me any scripture as I seek only truth.

Kindly . . time to build Zion

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

oh yeah, sorry to be so long. I think it was BRMN that taught that the mormon church will be in charge of eveything but his book has not been printed for some time and years ago most of us knew his was incorrect about a lot of things. he was correct about some things. anyway, the manuals have been revised over the years reflecting more correct teachings.

but the fact that the church has recognized the incorrect teachings and stories told by its few apostles, even untrue war stories, then I give them credit for the revisions. I see that Gileadi is often quoted in the manuals but no credit is given. It is always prefaced with a Hebrew scholar or a bible scholar, etc.

proof that we need be careful about all scholars and study and challenge

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Mamabear wrote: June 5th, 2022, 1:42 pm
Interesting….. Thanks. That surprises me. Even if it wasn’t written by him, he still allowed it on his website, so he must believe it.
I have noticed that little of what is posted on his emails and website comes from him anymore. I have 2 friend who volunteer for his foundation who recently stopped giving time to the organization. My understanding was that they didn't like the way things were going.

You can see who posts the opinions that are emailed each week by going to his website. I haven't seen anything from him for months until this weekend. I don't think he is much involved with what gets on the weekly emails. They are mostly scripture quotes now. His people pick a subject and quote scriptures that talk about that subject.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Correction. The June 4th email was penned by Cameron Mayer.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

However you wish to take it, it is pretty darned clear that Avraham feels the "best option of church" is LDS And LDS church as PH authority or keys. So, I find it hilarious that people use his translation to dis-church leaders. Seems like that is so contradictory it is beyond funny.

So, it seems there is (I've said this many times) a wide range of "apostate". I say the church in Jesus' day showed some level of doctrinal apostacy within 10 years given the contests and differences in teachings between Paul, Peter, James the Just and so on. that doesn't make the early church fully apostate, it just means some truths (not the key truths) are a bit twisted up. To me that is what I see today, and what I feel the Lord has taught me. The LDS church has the keys and authority and the leaders try their best, but each generation gets a bit more misled than the previous. The fact that JS just began teaching many doctrines right before his death related to exaltation (due to Saints slow adaptation from basic Christian doctrines) doesn't help as it would mean BY had to interpret many things the best he could vs. having it all laid out like JS had to do with other new doctrines.

Also, things Avraham cleaned up, like the vomit on the table, being simplified teachings regurgitated instead of just rotten, distasteful food, is an example. It shows that in the last days the teachers are teaching weak sauce and that those being fed are incapable of anything but the weak sauce, even milk is too hard for them to digest.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

The early 90s were wild...they had to be because we all knew Jesus was going to be here in just 7-8 years.

I was not in the church deep enough to understand all that was going on. But I "knew" enough that my blood ran cold when a friend told me he liked things that Abraham Gileadi taught.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I just listened to part of Gileadi's podcast again. He uses the words that the Gentiles are "allowed" to come into the covenant of abraham so all the nations can be blessed in the last days.

The Lord will make bare his arm in bringing to pass all of the covenants to the tribes of Israel, Jacob, etc. So they will be brought out of darkness and then into their lands of inheritance. They are converted much like the sons of Mosiah did and the gentiles or those members of the church are the ones who take the gospel to them.

Then he quotes 3 Nephi chapters 16, 19 and 20 which speak of the pride among the church and the treading down of the gentiles. Only at this point the Savior increases his prophecy through to chapter 20 where he says he will use the sons of Jacob to tread down the witchcrafts and whoredoms and get rid of cars and get rid of all the wickedness. Then he will remember the covenant to gather them and return them to their lands of promise. ok, this still doesn't say he will take the covenant away from the righteous gentiles or "the church"..

In fact it repeats through all three chapters that the repentant and righteous gentiles will be saved and Jacob will NOT tread on them. And yes, the Savior does not say just the gentile church . . it says gentiles and then they can enter the covenant with the house of Israel. So here is your destroyers already called. warning! keep clear of these warriors

I don't believe that the destroyers of Jacob are just the So Americans or No american Indian. Some of Jacobs children are over in the mid east.

But then in chapter 20 the Lord says that the gentiles will assist . . . the word assist . . what does it really mean . . .and that's a pretty big task since they just treaded the people who are going to assist them. note that the gentiles will also assist in the gathering. assist Right now we assist the prophets or the church in our callings and missionary work.

but in the podcast this is what Gileadi says: the gospel turns away from the gentiles and back to the House of Israel. then wild branches back to natural . . gentiles reject the gospel as a whole . . . then SOME of them take on the task of being saviors to the houseof Israel. now the contradiction becomes clear .. .

How can you be a savior if you belong now to an apostate church . . which many posters claim on this forum . .the church is apostate . . .boulderdash... so either someone is quoting Gileadi wrong or he is off the track

then he says that really the gentiles divide into two . . . still no mention of apostate prophets or loss of priesthood or revelation

in 3 N 16:10 talks abut the gentiles sinning against the gospel and ends with . . I will bring the fulnessof the gospel from among them. Now left alone this scripture could mean many things but the next verse says: An then will I remember my covenant which I have made unto my people OHouse of Israel and I will bring my gospel unto them.

next verse 12: the gentiles shall not have power over the House of Israel , but " I will remember my covenant, OHouse of Israel and ye shall come to a knowledge of the fulness of my gospel." BINGO . . .the covenant was to bring the gospel to them NOT to take it away from Gentiles . . where is that covenant? where does it say I the Lord will get rid of their prophets and get rid of their priesthood and your gonna get it all and not them. NEVER

this is Gileadi's take on it : in ancient times it did the reverse and went from the Jew to the Gentile now it is going to do the same thing and go back to the Jews. Where does it say that? all these scriptures say is that the gospel will be brought or in other words, taught to them as the Lord covenanted it will be. This has to be Gileadi's opinion of his reading of this scripture.

and if they reject it then it will be taken away . . if the gentiles reject it then it will be taken away . . so taken away means the same to jew or gentile . .. . no matter what dispensation or whether by a hebrew jew or gentile . .means the same. . . same translation . . not a new Hebrew translation but means just exactly what it says. . . .gentiles haven't rejected it yet and there will be enough believers on this earth that will NOT totally reject it

and, might I point out that the Jews are in no position yet to receive the gospel but these prophecies tell us they will soon be taught so they are getting close to ready . . however, just cuz they planted their sorry butts on a piece of land doesn't mean they have "returned" . . . they haven't been put under the covenant yet so still don't own it or rather, haven't yet received it for an inheritance since they have to prove themselves

in 3 N 21:1 the Lord says that verily I give unto you a sign, that ye may know the time when these things shall be about to take place. . . .

well . . are we ripe, yet . . I mean the people in the world in general . . Jesus' words given to us as a sign . . . to all of you naysayers we are within a few years only of the return. The gentiles are definitely starting to reject the gospel. In fact, they are rejecting Christ and worship the work of their hands.

btw, as Jesus speaks to the House of Israel he tells them that the repentant gentiles will be "numbered among my people. " Gileadi teaches that only the House of Israel are among his people thus casting out Paul for starters and every gentile after him . . . .not true . . .the Savior's people are everyone who will hear his voice which includes even the heathen . . .

so those of you who follow Gileadi cuz I see alot of his teachings here . . . especially some teaching that the prophets are somehow evil and wicked . . they may be bad watchman but the y are NOT evil and going to hell any more than you are. . . . and there is NO scripture to support that they are evil or the church is apostate

let me remind you that you are not in an elite group of your very own . . I'm not sure that was Gileadi's intentions but that is the danger of following any one person . .

however, .I love his teachings and have benefitted greatly in following his teachings of Isaiah and the BofM . . .hope to learn more from him