Is the "Seal of Melchezidek" the most important/sacred symbol? Ex-satanist shares some interesting info

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
utez
captain of 50

Is the "Seal of Melchezidek" the most important/sacred symbol? Ex-satanist shares some interesting info

Post by utez »

I've been really interested in symbols as of late and recently watched a lecture by Mark Passio called "De-mystifying the Occult". Mark is supposedly an ex-priest in the Church of Satan and has a huge knowledge of symbolism and occult practices. He explains how the mainstream view of Satanism is completely false and that the true definition of Satanism is somebody who uses occult (hidden) knowledge to further their own self interest and get gain. He talks about how there is a good occult and a dark occult, and how most of the dark occult symbolism is stolen from the good occult.

In his lecture, he describes the history and meaning of various occult symbols and mentions a specific symbol, the "Hypercube", as one of the most important symbols to the dark occult. The Hypercube is basically a 4-d projection of a square within a square. It is drawn in the 2-d dimension as 2 squares drawn on top of each other rotated 90 degrees (an octagram). This symbol represents total control, domination, entrapment, imprisonment, or slavery. Mark says that the dark occult uses it as a mockery of authority, as in police.

After watching the lecture, I started researching symbolism on temples and the first article I found was about how this symbol that Mark explains as the Hypercube is found 10,000 times on the San Diego temple! Not only that, but President Hinckley liked it so much that he had it added to the Salt Lake Temple. Supposedly the architect just randomly came up with the design and Hugh Nibley recognized it as the "Seal of Melchezidek" although I've read that story is not true

I didn't know what to make of it, but after doing some more researching and thinking I couldn't help but wonder if this symbol is one of the most important symbols in the eyes of the Lord. Either that or Mark Passio is full of it and I'm reading way too much into this stuff (totally possible). Has anybody else seen any of Mark's lectures and have an opinion on him? Or done any research on the "Seal of Melchezidek"? I thought it was interesting that Mark says the Hypercube is used by the dark occult to mock authority and at the same time the church supposedly uses it as a symbol for the priesthood authority of God.

Here is the part in his lecture where he talks about the Hypercube (the first 2 parts of the 6-hour lecture are really good imo).

Here is an hour long podcast where he talks about the Hypercube in more detail. Listen to his description of the purpose of life...very interesting.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: Is the "Seal of Melchezidek" the most important/sacred symbol? Ex-satanist shares some interesting info

Post by Alaris »

I have often said that if you want to see what's important to the Lord then look no further than where the adversary is fighting the hardest and screaming the loudest. I believe this same principle applies to symbols. The devil is the opposition, so many of his beliefs and the beliefs of his followers are in direct opposition to God's plan and doctrines. A great example of this is the protocols of ZION, which is an illuminati manifesto that basically reads like an anti-ZION. ZION gathers the righteous into one place, to prepare for the bridgegroom to reign in preparation of the destruction of the wicked. Naturally, the adversary would oppose this, so the protocols of ZION is destroying the righteous and gathering wicked to reign in one world government.

So, it makes a lot of sense to me that the Occult would take the Seal of Melchizedek - which I believe is a deep, rich symbol that represents the Order After the Son of God - namely His level which represents ultimate Lordship over a creation in preparation to ascend to the level of Heavely Fatherhood - then what you posted about how the occult views this symbol snaps in perfectly.
utez wrote: December 7th, 2017, 12:33 pm This symbol represents total control, domination, entrapment, imprisonment, or slavery. Mark says that the dark occult uses it as a mockery of authority, as in police.
So if the symbol represents the Savior, and more importaly, Saviorship or Saviorhood, then it would actually represent freedom, salvation, liberty, etc per 2 Nephi 2:27
2 Nephi 2:27 Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself.
I wrote an article on the Seal of Melchizedek recently, though it's additive, so I highly recommend reading the "Seven Levels of Mankind" articles first if you're interested.

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... al-of.html

Finally, to address your question, I have met the architect of the San Diego temple. He was absolutely inspired to use the Seal but I believe he did not fully comprehend its significance. The Seal of Melchizedek's resurfacing is one of synchronicity - meaning that there are a lot of separate, unrelated events that have happened simultaneously that - to me- proves its divine source, rather than a single, direct revelation to the brethren or some unequivocal archaeological discovery. Though, the mosaics from the 4th-5th century are super compelling given all of the symbols involved with those mosaics. Anyway, I hope you read my article above and benefit therefrom.

utez
captain of 50

Re: Is the "Seal of Melchezidek" the most important/sacred symbol? Ex-satanist shares some interesting info

Post by utez »

alaris wrote: December 7th, 2017, 1:24 pm I wrote an article on the Seal of Melchizedek recently, though it's additive, so I highly recommend reading the "Seven Levels of Mankind" articles first if you're interested.
Thanks for the response...I just flipped through your article and am looking forward to digging into it after finals!

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

The meaning we give to things reveals what we are. Satan can say that this means this or that means that but this only reveals his mind. What God has to say about the meaning of HIS own creations is more important. Satan created nothing, his mind and reasoning are worthless.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Not trying to be rude here but be very very careful when you read, watch, research this sort of stuff. Most people think this is stuff we NEED to know in order to be knowledgeable/awake. If anyone likes to get into this sort of stuff - perhaps it is a good idea to evaluate yourself. Are you researching more in the dark other than the light? To make it simple words.... If we read scriptures, God will manifest the truth to you. He will bless you with the mysteries of God and so on. But if we research darkness, then you are inviting that spirit. It really boggles me how some people actually think God will help them in their journey to get answer to satan's evil designs through occult books, videos, etc. All you need is the Book of Mormon/Bible (and other standard works) to teach you those things. Believe me, I know. When I use to get into this stuff - Satan was slipping his way in my life that it was nearly impossible to get that spirit out of my life. It will lie and deceive you and even get you addicted to knowing more about it. So be very careful.

utez
captain of 50

Post by utez »

LdsMarco wrote: December 7th, 2017, 2:17 pm Not trying to be rude here but be very very careful when you read, watch, research this sort of stuff. Most people think this is stuff we NEED to know in order to be knowledgeable/awake. If anyone likes to get into this sort of stuff - perhaps it is a good idea to evaluate yourself. Are you researching more in the dark other than the light? To make it simple words.... If we read scriptures, God will manifest the truth to you. He will bless you with the mysteries of God and so on. But if we research darkness, then you are inviting that spirit.
Thanks for the warning. I probably do spend too much time researching this stuff but I try to balance it with scripture/conference study.
All you need is the Book of Mormon/Bible (and other standard works) to teach you those things.
I was actually thinking about this the other day. I was initially thinking the same thing but than I began to question why we go to school to learn additional things about how the universe works? Could we learn chemistry/physics from the Book of Mormon/Bible? I'm not trying to argue it's just a thought I had the other day.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

utez wrote: December 7th, 2017, 3:08 pm I was actually thinking about this the other day. I was initially thinking the same thing but than I began to question why we go to school to learn additional things about how the universe works? Could we learn chemistry/physics from the Book of Mormon/Bible? I'm not trying to argue it's just a thought I had the other day.
I was speaking more of the spiritual things :)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

LdsMarco wrote: December 7th, 2017, 2:17 pm Not trying to be rude here but be very very careful when you read, watch, research this sort of stuff. Most people think this is stuff we NEED to know in order to be knowledgeable/awake. If anyone likes to get into this sort of stuff - perhaps it is a good idea to evaluate yourself. Are you researching more in the dark other than the light? To make it simple words.... If we read scriptures, God will manifest the truth to you. He will bless you with the mysteries of God and so on. But if we research darkness, then you are inviting that spirit. It really boggles me how some people actually think God will help them in their journey to get answer to satan's evil designs through occult books, videos, etc. All you need is the Book of Mormon/Bible (and other standard works) to teach you those things. Believe me, I know. When I use to get into this stuff - Satan was slipping his way in my life that it was nearly impossible to get that spirit out of my life. It will lie and deceive you and even get you addicted to knowing more about it. So be very careful.
If your eye is single to God's glory, there is no need to fear.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/gs/eye-eyes?lang=eng
D&C 88:67 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.
I agree with you that the method of learning is through God and not through the adversary. However, what the adversary does certainly reinforces what is important to God as I mentioned in my OP in this thread.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

utez wrote: December 7th, 2017, 3:08 pm
LdsMarco wrote: December 7th, 2017, 2:17 pm Not trying to be rude here but be very very careful when you read, watch, research this sort of stuff. Most people think this is stuff we NEED to know in order to be knowledgeable/awake. If anyone likes to get into this sort of stuff - perhaps it is a good idea to evaluate yourself. Are you researching more in the dark other than the light? To make it simple words.... If we read scriptures, God will manifest the truth to you. He will bless you with the mysteries of God and so on. But if we research darkness, then you are inviting that spirit.
Thanks for the warning. I probably do spend too much time researching this stuff but I try to balance it with scripture/conference study.
All you need is the Book of Mormon/Bible (and other standard works) to teach you those things.
I was actually thinking about this the other day. I was initially thinking the same thing but than I began to question why we go to school to learn additional things about how the universe works? Could we learn chemistry/physics from the Book of Mormon/Bible? I'm not trying to argue it's just a thought I had the other day.
All truth comes from God, so a true understanding science, chemistry, and physics come from God.
D&C 50:24 That which is of God is alight; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.
2 Nephi 28:30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.
That said, the Lord has commanded us to seek out of the best books learning and knowledge. Keeping that eye single will reveal truths line upon line, layers upon layers.
D&C 88(again):118 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

planets“The ancient name Melchizedek is a compound name, derived from ‘Milki’ (Moloc, Meleck) and ‘Zedek’ (Zadok, Sadat). Etymologists readily acknowledge that Zedek is the ancient Hebrew name for Jupiter. Milki is likely a name for Saturn. So the compound name Melchizedek most likely literally means ‘Saturn / Jupiter,’ often translated ‘Jupiter is my God’ or ‘Righteousness is my God’ by scholars. The seal of Melchizedek is probably a symbol once associated with the two gas giant planets in history.” – Anthony Larson
Prophets Recorded What They Saw

icarus
captain of 10

Post by icarus »

I recall that when the San Diego temple opened I was very interested in the symbol. I did a lot of research at the time and found the ancient picture then.

After my research my wife and I went to the temple there in San Diego and just outside the main door a member of the presidency was handing out a two page, um,... letter if you will. In the letter the Temple President said the symbol was not the symbol of "Melchizedek" or the higher priesthood. Wish I had kept it. I might add that the only thing of interest I found at the time was only the picture and I really tried hard to make it a thing cuz I really wanted it to be so.

That is not to say that the architect wasn't inspired though.

I suppose it's a mute issue once a prophet latched on to it. It has really taken off since then.

I did spend 3 years in the Middle East and that symbol is all over the place.