Romney should run for Senate.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Irrelevant
captain of 100

Re: Romney should run for Senate.

Post by Irrelevant »

Silver wrote: December 6th, 2017, 8:00 am This thread, so far, is a good example of a unlikely chiasmus. It starts off with a recognition of how bad Hatch is and offering support for Romney. It ends with a sterling endorsement of Romney, by Hatch, a known betrayer of his oath of office. Gee, if a liar and traitor endorses a guy, let's all vote for him.

Such delicious irony on full display. The children of the covenant are so confused.
+1

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

It is legal to have an abortion in the United States. A woman can make the choice.

I wouldn't make that choice, that is my agency.
Why not? Why would you either not have an abortion or support someone carrying your child aborting it? I am curious as to why you would want it legal but at the same time you would not do it.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Well, it's become perfectly obvious to each participant (minus one) on this thread that reason and logic are great gifts which were not handed out in equal measure to all the denizens of planet Earth.

Here's a little image that will brighten your day. Monopoly anyone?
end the fed.jpg
end the fed.jpg (129.59 KiB) Viewed 707 times

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

As I said in the OP, Romney is not popular at LDSFF.

I have also learned that less than 1% of people who promote the "Constitution" have no support for their belief set. This doesn't mean their belief set is right or wrong, there just isn't any support.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

There is never any support for those with righteous principles. How many people in the world are LDS? How many LDS are truly living the Gospel? Isaiah speaks of a tithe of a tithe -- which happens to be 1%. We have reached the days where the majority of people choose evil, in one way or another. Whether it's support for abortion, or abandoning the Constitution, or plain old Phariseeism, and seeking the praise of the world. There are very few who truly desire to follow Christ. Even in the Church, many say they will go only so far, and no farther.

WikiUp
captain of 100

Post by WikiUp »

Arenera wrote: December 6th, 2017, 9:21 am
lundbaek wrote: December 6th, 2017, 9:04 am In writing Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution, (under the guidance of whom?) the the Founders made it clear that it was the responsibility of Congress "to coin money" and "to declare war", among other things. Congress was not given the right to abrogate those responsibilities. Congress has, in fact, abrogated those responsibilities, claiming that in voting for the Fed they could allow it to "print" money, and that in "honouring" a UN mandate they could allow the US President to send US forces into battle. Both of those acts are wrong - unconstitutional.

A priesthood holder who would say that God has not spoken to man since Moses and the bush, who would say that he supports "a woman's right to choose", and who does not honour the principles of the US Constitution (especially after all that the Lord, prophets and apostles have said about it) will not get my vote regardless of how many other voters vote for him.
So, you don't believe in agency? The one thing each of us has, the right to make a choice. A right given to us from God. It seems a woman's right to choose is part of agency.

You prefer to take Lucifer's approach and force a woman so she can't choose. Haven't you twisted things up?

Some reality is needed in this topic.

I believe a women's "right to choose" is to "choose" to become pregnant or not. Her agency is to "choose" engage in sin or not. Once her agency "choice" has resulted in a de facto "choice" to become pregnant has been made, the woman has the responsibility to live up to the consequence of her "choice". A living being is not a choice; it is a child and a responsibility.

Very crudely stated: The "choice" is to keep her legs closed or not.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

WikiUp wrote: December 7th, 2017, 9:38 am
lundbaek wrote: December 6th, 2017, 9:04 am In writing Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution, (under the guidance of whom?) the the Founders made it clear that it was the responsibility of Congress "to coin money" and "to declare war", among other things. Congress was not given the right to abrogate those responsibilities. Congress has, in fact, abrogated those responsibilities, claiming that in voting for the Fed they could allow it to "print" money, and that in "honouring" a UN mandate they could allow the US President to send US forces into battle. Both of those acts are wrong - unconstitutional.

A priesthood holder who would say that God has not spoken to man since Moses and the bush, who would say that he supports "a woman's right to choose", and who does not honour the principles of the US Constitution (especially after all that the Lord, prophets and apostles have said about it) will not get my vote regardless of how many other voters vote for him.
So, you don't believe in agency? The one thing each of us has, the right to make a choice. A right given to us from God. It seems a woman's right to choose is part of agency.

You prefer to take Lucifer's approach and force a woman so she can't choose. Haven't you twisted things up?

I believe a women's "right to choose" is to "choose" to become pregnant or not. Her agency is to "choose" engage in sin or not. Once her agency "choice" has resulted in a de facto "choice" to become pregnant has been made, the woman has the responsibility to live up to the consequence of her "choice". A living being is not a choice; it is a child and a responsibility.

The Supreme Court disagrees with you, so abortion is legal in the United States. Legs have nothing to do with it. And why do you put all the blame on the woman. You have a gender bias!

WikiUp
captain of 100

Post by WikiUp »

Arenera wrote: December 6th, 2017, 10:38 am
Lizzy60 wrote: December 6th, 2017, 10:16 am The fact that abortion is legal in the US only shows how despicable and corrupt this nation has become. The fact that Romney supports abortion shows that he is even more despicable and corrupt, because he should know better. His "priesthood" is a farce.

He is the worst kind of example of a Mormon.
Not really. He is a good priesthood holder. He is a good example: husband on one wife, father of five sons, grandfather. His example in life shows the right way to happiness. He doesn't agree with the examples of Trump and Moore.

You will be happy to see his priesthood in action...
By their fruits ye shall know them ...

D&C 121:39 - "We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion."

D&C 121;34 - Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen?

D&C 121:35 - Because their hearts are set so much upon the honors of the world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson -

D&C 121:36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness."

WikiUp
captain of 100

Post by WikiUp »

Arenera wrote: December 7th, 2017, 9:49 am

The Supreme Court disagrees with you, so abortion is legal in the United States. Legs have nothing to do with it. And why do you put all the blame on the woman. You have a gender bias!

No gender bias - you're the one presenting it is a women's choice. I am addressing the women's choice. Men have their own "choices" to make and consequences to face.

Just because something is "LEGAL" does not equate that a matter as being "MORAL". Can we honestly say that the Roe v. Wade decision is a moral decision? The U.s. Supreme Court long ago - and before Roe v. Wade - yielded up the credential of being a moral institution.

By their fruits ye shall know them.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

WikiUp wrote: December 7th, 2017, 10:11 am

No gender bias - you're the one presenting it is a women's choice. I am addressing the women's choice. Men have their own "choices" to make and consequences to face.

Just because something is "LEGAL" does not equate that a matter as being "MORAL". Can we honestly say that the Roe v. Wade decision is a moral decision? The U.s. Supreme Court long ago - and before Roe v. Wade - yielded up the credential of being a moral institution.

So you want to break the law?

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think there are some folks who would do well to review the last and perhaps the most powerful statements made by a latter-day prophet about the U.S. Constitution in a Church General Conference: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... n?lang=eng

President Benson ended his speech with these words:

"Only in this foreordained land, under its God-inspired Constitution and the resulting environment of freedom, was it possible to have established the restored church. It is our responsibility to see that this freedom is perpetuated so that the Church may more easily flourish in the future.

"The Lord said, “Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land” (D&C 98:6).

"How then can we best befriend the Constitution in this critical hour and secure the blessings of liberty and ensure the protection and guidance of our Father in Heaven?

"First and foremost, we must be righteous.

"John Adams said, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” (The Works of John Adams, ed. C. F. Adams, Boston: Little, Brown Co., 1851, 4:31). If the Constitution is to have continuance, this American nation, and especially the Latter-day Saints, must be virtuous.

"The Book of Mormon warns us relative to our living in this free land: “Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever” (2 Ne. 1:7).

“And now,” warned Moroni, “we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land, that it is a land of promise; and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off when the fulness of his wrath shall come upon them. And the fulness of his wrath cometh upon them when they are ripened in iniquity” (Ether 2:9).

"Two great American Christian civilizations—the Jaredites and the Nephites—were swept off this land because they did not “serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ” (Ether 2:12). What will become of our civilization?

"Second, we must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers.

"Have we read The Federalist papers? Are we reading the Constitution and pondering it? Are we aware of its principles? Are we abiding by these principles and teaching them to others? Could we defend the Constitution? Can we recognize when a law is constitutionally unsound? Do we know what the prophets have said about the Constitution and the threats to it?

"As Jefferson said, “If a nation expects to be ignorant and free … it expects what never was and never will be” (Letter to Colonel Charles Yancey, 6 Jan. 1816).

"Third, we must become involved in civic affairs to see that we are properly represented.

"The Lord said that “he holds men accountable for their acts in relation” to governments “both in making laws and administering them” (D&C 134:1). We must follow this counsel from the Lord: “Honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; otherwise whatsoever is less than these cometh of evil” (D&C 98:10).

"Note the qualities that the Lord demands of those who are to represent us. They must be good, wise, and honest.

"Fourth, we must make our influence felt by our vote, our letters, our teaching, and our advice.

"We must become accurately informed and then let others know how we feel. The Prophet Joseph Smith said: “It is our duty to concentrate all our influence to make popular that which is sound and good, and unpopular that which is unsound. ‘Tis right, politically, for a man who has influence to use it. … From henceforth I will maintain all the influence I can get” (History of the Church, 5:286).

"I have faith that the Constitution will be saved as prophesied by Joseph Smith. It will be saved by the righteous citizens of this nation who love and cherish freedom. It will be saved by enlightened members of this Church—among others—men and women who understand and abide the principles of the Constitution.

"I reverence the Constitution of the United States as a sacred document. To me its words are akin to the revelations of God, for God has placed His stamp of approval upon it.

"I testify that the God of heaven sent some of His choicest spirits to lay the foundation of this government, and He has now sent other choice spirits to help preserve it.

"We, the blessed beneficiaries of the Constitution, face difficult days in America, “a land which is choice above all other lands” (Ether 2:10).

"May God give us the faith and the courage exhibited by those patriots who pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

"May we be equally as valiant and as free, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Noah did.
Jesus did.
Daniel did.
Jesus did.
Joseph Smith did.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Notice how the Romney cheerleader feels about the issues.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

"Too many people today believe that the political system is a corrupt, inside game," he said. "Too many people believe that it's more about parties than country."

A week before state and local elections, Axelrod urged students to get involved in politics by at least learning local issues and voting. He quoted Robert F. Kennedy, who said, "The future’s not a gift, it’s an achievement."

"The way we achieve a future in a democracy is through politics," Axelrod said. "That’s how we make the decision of which direction we take. That’s how we grab the wheel of history and steer."

He said young people shouldn't be put off by disagreements, saying, "That's democracy. That's the way our whole system was set up."

But he said the Founders' spirit of debate and compromise is needed today.

"I think the worst thing that's happened to our country is this notion that we can't disagree without being disagreeable," Axelrod said, "that we can't disagree on issues without trying to dehumanize our opponent or disqualify them as patriots and Americans."

Axelrod was Obama's senior strategist in both of his presidential elections and a senior political adviser throughout his presidency. Now the author of "Believer: My Forty Years in Politics" is the director of the Institute of Politics at the University of Chicago, where he encourages students to engage with multiple sides of issues and seek to improve the political climate.

"I have hope for the future because I work with young people every day and I believe young people in this country want a better kind of politics and will demand a better kind of politics, so I’m here today to urge you to use your gifts, your enormous talents, the talents that are being cultivated here at the Y., to make this country better and stronger and help heal our democracy."

Axelrod regularly bashed Romney during 2011 and 2012. A year after the 2012 election, Romney invited Axelrod and his wife Susan to talk to his campaign donors about epilepsy, which afflicted their daughter.

"That was the beginning of a friendship," Axelrod said. "I consider him a friend. I got to know him not as a cardboard cutout, not as a caricature, but as a human being and as a man."

Axelrod and Romney recorded an emotional hour-long interview for "The Axe Files," Axelrod's podcast, in 2015.

"I read he may have one campaign in him," Axelrod said Tuesday, referring to reports that Romney might run for U.S. Senate if Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, does not seek re-election. "I want to say, for his own protection, we still disagree on a lot of issues, but I never for a second doubt how much he loves this country."
Less than 1%, will get you less than 1%.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Arenera wrote: December 6th, 2017, 8:14 am
Silver wrote: December 6th, 2017, 8:00 am This thread, so far, is a good example of a unlikely chiasmus. It starts off with a recognition of how bad Hatch is and offering support for Romney. It ends with a sterling endorsement of Romney, by Hatch, a known betrayer of his oath of office. Gee, if a liar and traitor endorses a guy, let's all vote for him.

Such delicious irony on full display. The children of the covenant are so confused.
As I showed with the data, you have less than 1% support for your position.

Romney: a proven priesthood holder, 1 wife, successful business man, successful politician, doesn't eat the skin on the chicken.. Support Romeny!
That alone is enough to lose my vote. ;)

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

WikiUp wrote: December 7th, 2017, 10:02 am
Arenera wrote: December 6th, 2017, 10:38 am
Lizzy60 wrote: December 6th, 2017, 10:16 am The fact that abortion is legal in the US only shows how despicable and corrupt this nation has become. The fact that Romney supports abortion shows that he is even more despicable and corrupt, because he should know better. His "priesthood" is a farce.

He is the worst kind of example of a Mormon.
Not really. He is a good priesthood holder. He is a good example: husband on one wife, father of five sons, grandfather. His example in life shows the right way to happiness. He doesn't agree with the examples of Trump and Moore.

You will be happy to see his priesthood in action...
By their fruits ye shall know them ...

D&C 121:39 - "We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion."

D&C 121;34 - Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen?

D&C 121:35 - Because their hearts are set so much upon the honors of the world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson -

D&C 121:36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness."

Just thought about the "Honors of the World" and the "Honors of men"... hmm what are those?

- College Degrees... Bachelors in a given field.. Masters... Doctorate.. even making Tenure at a University is a Big deal.
- Military Awards and Honors.. Medals, Ribbons, Ranks..
- Professional Career... Engineers, Lawyers, Doctors, Politicians... '
- Published works.. Patents.. Professional Journal
- Honors of societies they belong to.... Scouts, Kiwanis Club, Masons, Lions Club.. etc.. Booster Clubs for high school and college teams..

hope I didn't miss any..

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Arenera wrote: December 7th, 2017, 10:18 am

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
Which is a reason the Secret Combinations do everything in their power to get gain, power and political sway and to control the laws of the land..
Ether8:23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
3 Nephi 7:6 And the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination of the friends and kindreds of those who murdered the prophets.
Helaman 6:
38 And it came to pass on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them, beginning at the more wicked part of them, until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites, and had seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.

39 And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government, insomuch that they did trample under their feet and smite and rend and turn their backs upon the poor and the meek, and the humble followers of God.
If they get the sole management of the government and are able to PASS LAWS THAT ARE IMMORAL then the people are more likely to become wicked on a larger scale unless we change the wording or realize that its ok to be disobedient to Tyrants and evil governments..

SO BY THEIR FRUIT YE SHALL KNOW THEM... well I guess we know them... laws have been and will continue to be passed that are immoral and evil...

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It is my understanding that Mitt Romney no longer says he supports "a woman's right to choose", although I'm not sure what he really stands for on that issue, nor on any other issue, for that matter..

The word "while" I interpret to mean "as long as they are". And "by the laws of such governments" I wish was written "by the laws and actions of such governments".

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

lundbaek wrote: December 13th, 2017, 5:05 am It is my understanding that Mitt Romney no longer says he supports "a woman's right to choose", although I'm not sure what he really stands for on that issue, nor on any other issue, for that matter..

The word "while" I interpret to mean "as long as they are". And "by the laws of such governments" I wish was written "by the laws and actions of such governments".
After they have no posterity, only Mormons, Catholics, and Muslims left...

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

sandman45 wrote: December 11th, 2017, 3:17 pm
Arenera wrote: December 7th, 2017, 10:18 am

Which is a reason the Secret Combinations do everything in their power to get gain, power and political sway and to control the laws of the land..
Ether8:23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
3 Nephi 7:6 And the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination of the friends and kindreds of those who murdered the prophets.
Helaman 6:
38 And it came to pass on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them, beginning at the more wicked part of them, until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites, and had seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.

39 And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government, insomuch that they did trample under their feet and smite and rend and turn their backs upon the poor and the meek, and the humble followers of God.
If they get the sole management of the government and are able to PASS LAWS THAT ARE IMMORAL then the people are more likely to become wicked on a larger scale unless we change the wording or realize that its ok to be disobedient to Tyrants and evil governments..

SO BY THEIR FRUIT YE SHALL KNOW THEM... well I guess we know them... laws have been and will continue to be passed that are immoral and evil...

Also d&c 98 4-7 states that we should uphold the constitutional laws of the land. All else will cometh evil.

So we should not uphold unconditional law or in other words Obey the laws of the land as long as they are constitutional.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I believe D&C 98:5 tells us that we should support only those laws which meet Constitution muster AND which protect our God-given, inalienable rights. I see that as an important caveat because of changes to the Constitution properly made (via Article V) and improperly made that infringe on those God-given, inalienable rights

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It appears that Mitt Romney has become a big part of the Republican establishment, and many Utah Republicans are just putty in his hands . I don't think he is a knowing conspirator in the larger globalist agenda, even though I do not see how he could not know about it. But he has, I hope unknowingly, gotten on the wrong side of the freedom battle out of a desire to please the establishment. Romney made such an issue of Trump’s unsuitability for being President that, as I understand, many Utah Republicans were considering voting for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 general election. It is believed by some Utahans that Romney was behind the recruitment of Evan McMullen as a presidential candidate so as to avoid the blame for pushing Utahans toward the Democrats. McMullen didn't stand a prayer's chance in a barroom, but he did give Utah Republicans an alternative that would have gotten Romney off the hook if Trump had been defeated. A shot in the dark campaign like this wouldn’t normally get any coverage from the press, but this one did because the latter-day gadiantons knew that McMullen would be a spoiler for Trump, in hopes that Trump would lose big time if they could have made lots more people aware of his candidacy. The establishment wanted to not only defeat Trump but to do it so soundly that they could blame the anti-establishment conservatives who bucked the system.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Mormons are not stupid people but they are uninformed and often quite naive. Perhaps this is why many of the LDS politicians are not all that charismatic, but able to manipulate the masses quite well.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

lundbaek wrote: December 13th, 2017, 11:35 am It appears that Mitt Romney has become a big part of the Republican establishment, and many Utah Republicans are just putty in his hands . I don't think he is a knowing conspirator in the larger globalist agenda, even though I do not see how he could not know about it. But he has, I hope unknowingly, gotten on the wrong side of the freedom battle out of a desire to please the establishment. Romney made such an issue of Trump’s unsuitability for being President that, as I understand, many Utah Republicans were considering voting for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 general election. It is believed by some Utahans that Romney was behind the recruitment of Evan McMullen as a presidential candidate so as to avoid the blame for pushing Utahans toward the Democrats. McMullen didn't stand a prayer's chance in a barroom, but he did give Utah Republicans an alternative that would have gotten Romney off the hook if Trump had been defeated. A shot in the dark campaign like this wouldn’t normally get any coverage from the press, but this one did because the latter-day gadiantons knew that McMullen would be a spoiler for Trump, in hopes that Trump would lose big time if they could have made lots more people aware of his candidacy. The establishment wanted to not only defeat Trump but to do it so soundly that they could blame the anti-establishment conservatives who bucked the system.
Well, you've fallen back into the 1% zone again. People aren't interested in your 1% conspiracy theories. Trump isn't a moral person, he has proven that himself.

Your big dog Bannon was right there in Alabama and they rejected him and Moore. McMullen is a nobody, except for 1% conspiriitists.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

And I have no intent or desire to crawl out of what Arenera calls the 1% zone. And fortunately, there are good people who do recognize certain conspiracy facts. I'm on Romney's case now in this thread. He demonstrated to me that he would have preferred Hillary Clinton over Trump as POTUS. Have I expressed my opinion of Trump on this forum ever?

I've said nothing about Bannon. And I know little about him.