Romney should run for Senate.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Romney should run for Senate.

Post by Silver »

Arenera wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:58 am
Silver wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:55 am
OK, I give up. Nothing I can tell you is able to overcome such glaring ignorance.
Is this following forum rules?
What you don't understand is that by your defending the Federal Reserve, you lost the argument, and that quite bigly. I've won, but I'm willing to allow you continue in your self-imposed ignorance. That's why I won't debate finances or guns with you again. You should be happier that way.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Arenera wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:01 am
Irrelevant wrote: December 5th, 2017, 9:48 am What would make him a great senator?
He has served as a Governor, Business man, Stake President, Bishop. He doesn't own an AR-15. He does care about the poor. He doesn't want to redistribute wealth from the poor to the rich. He doesn't want to be Trump's good buddy. etc., etc., etc.

He would be a great senator!
I agree that he would be a great Senator, I was disturbed with the way he spoke of Trump, it wasn't very dignified, sour grapes if you ask me..

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Silver wrote: December 5th, 2017, 11:06 am
OK, I give up. Nothing I can tell you is able to overcome such glaring ignorance.
What you don't understand is that by your defending the Federal Reserve, you lost the argument, and that quite bigly. I've won, but I'm willing to allow you continue in your self-imposed ignorance. That's why I won't debate finances or guns with you again. You should be happier that way.
You sound like a small fringe element. Who is against the Federal Reserve? With what would you replace it with?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Arenera wrote: December 5th, 2017, 11:30 am
Silver wrote: December 5th, 2017, 11:06 am
You sound like a small fringe element. Who is against the Federal Reserve? With what would you replace it with?
As I said, I'm not going to debate you further. Neither will I do your research for you. You will value the answers more if you seek them out on your own rather than labeling me and then tossing out loaded questions.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I am very much "against the Federal Reserve". It was created to usurp the responsibility of the US Congress mandated by Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution to create money and has done so such that inflation has been robbing holders of US currency of the value/purchasing power of their money since its inception.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Anyone ever see "Mitt Romney Style" on Youtube?

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Irrelevant wrote: December 5th, 2017, 9:48 am What would make him a great senator?
He has served as a Governor, Business man, Stake President, Bishop. He doesn't own an AR-15. He does care about the poor. He doesn't want to redistribute wealth from the poor to the rich. He doesn't want to be Trump's good buddy. etc., etc., etc.

Plenty of people fit the bill, then. Literally none of the things you mentioned would make a person a great senator. What has he done? What stance on a particular subject draws you to him or what plan does he have for x, y, or z that lets you know that he'd be great? What does great mean in this context?

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Arenera wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:46 am
Silver wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:08 am

Romney shows no inclination to abolish the immoral and unconstitutional Federal Reserve system. That is, by definition, approval of redistributing wealth from the non-rich to the rich.
The Federal Reserve provides a safer, more flexible, and more stable monetary and financial system.

Utahans like Romney, even democrats:
Voters from all across the board supported Romney, the survey reported, with nearly 95 percent of Republicans and 22 percent of Democrats selecting him over Wilson. More than half of the independent voters polled also preferred Romney over Wilson, according to the poll.
Because both major parties are basically the same. It should be no surprise.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Who is against the federal reserve? Our country's founders, for starters, they having written the Constitution. Here's a slightly old but brief article on the subject:

http://www.freedomworks.org/content/top ... al-reserve

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Irrelevant wrote: December 5th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Plenty of people fit the bill, then. Literally none of the things you mentioned would make a person a great senator. What has he done? What stance on a particular subject draws you to him or what plan does he have for x, y, or z that lets you know that he'd be great? What does great mean in this context?
I knew Romney would not be popular at LDSFF. However, none of "people fit the bill" have a chance of being noticed. Support Romney, be a winner!

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Arenera wrote: December 5th, 2017, 2:29 pm
Irrelevant wrote: December 5th, 2017, 1:16 pm

I knew Romney would not be popular at LDSFF. However, none of "people fit the bill" have a chance of being noticed. Support Romney, be a winner!
Again, what would make him a good senator? What about his politics do you like? Silver and Lunbaek mentioned several of his policies that don't speak for him being a palatable conservative candidate. You have mentioned things he cares about and things he wants/doesn't want, but this is Democrat code for "only judge me by my desires, not my actions." I mean, really, who doesn't care about the poor? We all do. Action is what we can judge our candidates on. Romney's past actions don't win me over. The fact that he appeals to both the republicans and the democrats just emphasizes his lack of commitment to either party's platform. His appeal is mainly in his name, his charisma and his LDS background. Sadly, this is all most voters are looking for.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Ezra wrote: December 4th, 2017, 6:18 pm Romney should run off a pier.

We need constitutional people. All else will only continue to harm our freedoms.
Agreed.. Romney is bought and paid for and will run THEIR agenda..

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

And I agree that the Federal Reserve stinks. How many more votes do we need to not be considered a fringe element? :)

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Don't be fooled by wolves in sheeps clothing.. just because he was a Bishop or Stake President will not make him a great Senator..

Guarantee he would have taken a payout from many lobbyists to vote their way.. I mean look at who funded his presidential campaign.. pretty sure one was Goldman Sachs.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Crackers wrote: December 5th, 2017, 3:00 pm And I agree that the Federal Reserve stinks. How many more votes do we need to not be considered a fringe element? :)
END THE FED!!!

The Federal Reserve is one of many central banks in the world.. its a LARGE BEAST..
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international financial institution owned by central banks which "fosters international monetary and financial cooperation and serves as a bank for central banks". The BIS carries out its work through its meetings, programmes and through the Basel Process – hosting international groups pursuing global financial stability and facilitating their interaction. It also provides banking services, but only to central banks and other international organizations. It is based in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong and Mexico City.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_for_ ... ettlements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_central_banks

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

This topic reminds me of the late Bob Henstra, who insisted that Romney being a priesthood holder was all that mattered.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Who is good enough for you? Your choices have no chance. Well, less than 1% chance.

Donald J. Trump Republican 515,231 45.1%
Hillary Clinton Democrat 310,676 27.2 —
Evan McMullin Independent. 243,690 21.3 —
Gary Johnson Libertarian. 39,608 3.5 —
Jill Stein Independent. 9,438 0.8 —
Darrell Castle Constitution. 8,032 0.7 —
Rocky Giordani Independent. 2,752 0.2 —
Rocky De La Fuente Independent 883 0.1 —
Monica Moorehead Independent. 544 0.0 —
Alyson Kennedy Independent. 521 0.0

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

In the Sanhedrin,
Pharisees 45.1%
Sadducees 27.2%
Essenes 21.3%
Zealots 6.3%
Followers of Jesus 0.1%
Total 100%

So, uhm, you could go with the "winning" party, or you could choose the right.

George Romney attacked Barry Goldwater. Mitt Romney belittled Ron Paul. By their fruits ye shall know them. The Romneys are rich boys intent on maintaining a status quo of income inequality. They are true snakes in the grass.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Yes flip flopping pro gay pro abortion ( well at least that is the platform he ran on as a gubernatorial candidate of the state of Massachusetts) Romney would make a wonderful senater as he would fit right in with the rest of the rest of our wonderful legislators...

Abortion Edit
In a 1994 debate with Senator Ted Kennedy, Romney said: "One of the great things about our nation ... is that we're each entitled to have strong personal beliefs, and we encourage other people to do the same. But as a nation, we recognize the right of all people to believe as they want and not to impose our beliefs on other people. I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time that my mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a U.S. Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years, that we should sustain and support it, and I sustain and support that law, and the right of a woman to make that choice, and my personal beliefs, like the personal beliefs of other people, should not be brought into a political campaign....

The above quote alone is far more than enough for me to lose complete respect for that man and his mother and any person for that matter that would condone the murder of innocent blood... I think Mitt Romney is a political disgrace and a disgrace to "Mormonism" for taking that stance...

LGBT rights...
Prior to Romney's 2008 presidential campaign, he had a varied history regarding LGBT rights in the United States. During his 1994 senate campaign and 2002 Massachusetts gubernatorial campaign, Romney said he would have a better policy providing for domestic partnerships than his Democratic opponents.[300] In 1994, Romney sent a letter to the Log Cabin Republicans saying that he would be a stronger advocate for gay rights in the Senate than his opponent at the time, Senator Edward M. Kennedy. His letter included the phrase "We must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern."[301] In 2002, Romney spoke regarding domestic partnership benefits, saying, "All citizens deserve equal rights, regardless of their sexual orientation." Romney said that domestic partnership status should be recognized in a way that includes the potential for health benefits and rights of survivorship...

He would fit right in the Senate today...

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

You know what is truly sad? The truth, plainly stated, rarely changes any minds in the world in general, but in particular here on LDSFF. The people that like Romney for whatever reason are still going to support him in spite of all the evidence that his political ideals and motivations should be loathed. Mitt ain't worthy of being elected as village dogcatcher, but that doesn't matter to the willfully ignorant and obstinate one-party believers here.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

A good place to,start on research about the Federal Reserve is the book "The Creature From Jekyll Island". Very well-written and informative without being dry. We have copies at work that are constantly on loan to clients and friends. I've not yet met a person who regretted reading it.

Being ignorant about something only means you haven't yet become educated on the subject. It's not an insult.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Out of the entire state of Utah are you going to get stuck with looser Mitt Romney?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Remember when looser Mitt Romney attacked Trump during the election?