Aw and he cries at the end.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Aw and he cries at the end.

Post by Fiannan »

Fake tears? Who knows. But seriously, what do you think?

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Aw and he cries at the end.

Post by MMbelieve »

Sure the tears could be real, why not? If so, I would say this issue hits close to home for him.

It was long so I skipped a lot of it. It's basically a drawn out apology to gays. Not sure what to think of it...but his line at the end stating that it will never happen again kind of stood out to me.

It's certainly a different speech than I am used to hearing from government.

Has he done any similar speeches regarding any other sensitive or "special" topic?

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

If Christ walked the earth today this society would call him a bigot and demand apologies for his "discrimination and hate" of homosexuals.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I can in no way listen to any such abominable speech.
Sin is sin and there is no appropriate acceptance of it.
dc

Ratbag
captain of 100

Post by Ratbag »

Justin is a loser as big as his father, maybe bigger. Then again, his loser Liberal Party was voted in, so I guess you reap what you sow.

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

Oh the Humanity, Oh the Humanity!!!!!!!!!

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

Gage wrote: November 30th, 2017, 7:45 am If Christ walked the earth today this society would call him a bigot and demand apologies for his "discrimination and hate" of homosexuals.
Not likely. Probably just the opposite.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

RocknRoll wrote: November 30th, 2017, 2:41 pm
Gage wrote: November 30th, 2017, 7:45 am If Christ walked the earth today this society would call him a bigot and demand apologies for his "discrimination and hate" of homosexuals.

I have a slight suspicion, well, let's say a sneaking suspicion that if Jesus Christ were to return and walk the earth today he would NOT, N O T be in favor of homosexuality, prostitution, nor adultery.
Let's say it's just a little hint that I got from a little reading.
Nor a few other things that too many people think is ok today.

Don't let those hippie like paintings etc where Jesus Christ is depicted as a long haired bearded "dude". He was not a "cool cat, whatever turns you on, man," sort of fellow.
dc

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

You can go right ahead and live in your little fantasy world where you think you “know” what Jesus would be in favor of and what he would not. For what it’s worth, there is no scriptural account of Jesus saying ANYTHING about homosexuality.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

RocknRoll wrote: December 1st, 2017, 1:19 pm You can go right ahead and live in your little fantasy world where you think you “know” what Jesus would be in favor of and what he would not. For what it’s worth, there is no scriptural account of Jesus saying ANYTHING about homosexuality.
Show me where Jesus said to forget everything in the Old Testament.

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

Show me where Jesus said to forget everything in the Old Testament.
Show me where He said everything in the O.T. is still to be adhered to.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Not everything, just the commandments. They are not outdated.

Luke 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Seems like a validation of the OT law. Do you think it was done away with?
Last edited by Rand on December 2nd, 2017, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I would indeed say someone here is having some fantasies, and it ain't me.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

RocknRoll wrote: December 1st, 2017, 1:19 pm You can go right ahead and live in your little fantasy world where you think you “know” what Jesus would be in favor of and what he would not. For what it’s worth, there is no scriptural account of Jesus saying ANYTHING about homosexuality.
But yet that's exactly what you do. You say you know, but what you say you know is contrary to the word of God. And an abomination, a perversion.
dc

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

ultimate &#%!

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

...sigh...

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Sirocco wrote: December 1st, 2017, 10:29 pmultimate &#%!
Sadly there are a lot of them nowadays running Canada and several governments in western Europe.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

In today's world, a premier politician has to be as good at acting as the best in the movie and theater business. When an actor cries, they're not fake tears because a great actor is someone who can manipulate their emotions enough to make their physical body truly believe the situation they are trying to pretend they're in, so they're real tears, but only because they knew they'd need them to give a convincing performance. Obamao did that when he cried at one of his horse crap speeches about some ignorant thing or another, and I remember gagging listening to news commentators almost chocking up as they reveled in how strongly emotional POTUS got about the issue.

I wanted to puke chicken gizzards.

I'm sure Justin Bieber Timberlake Turdeau's tears were real. As real as OJ's promise to find the real killers.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

RocknRoll wrote: November 30th, 2017, 2:41 pm
The fact that Jesus was killed between 2 thieves simply for stating truths that offended some, I believe he'd offend again today. If Jesus were in Hollywood today, where homosexuality is being promoted more than anywhere else, he would again prioritize truth based on love - over lies to be popular. He was KILLED for being politically incorrect. So no doubt in my mind, he would today again be considered politically incorrect. His love was not sissy love which just says, "peace brother" as they watch another head off a metaphorical cliff. Jesus said, "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Matt 10:34 His love was a "tough" kind of love - not the kind that kisses-but to be liked. His kind of love sought the best in the big picture, based on truth - even if it ruffled some feathers in doing so. Homosexuality is based on lies. No way would Jesus support homosexuality knowing the suffering it causes because it goes against not just spiritual laws but scientific laws- by trying to force anatomical perversions.

Jesus did speak in favor of heterosexual marriage: "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate." -Matthew 19:4-6 So, he explained what marriage was - between a "male and female"/"man and wife" - and he also explained that anything else was adultery or fornication.

Even if Jesus did not specifically explain the essential nature of genders and how man and woman need to be together and no other sexual unions, as he did, Jesus explained that there were many things he didn't teach him - but the Spirit would teach them. Jesus didn't command against pedophilia, or bestiality - so does that make it ok? Of course not.