Church Makes Change to General Conference Tickets for International Attendees

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

Church Makes Change to General Conference Tickets for International Attendees

Post by LdsMarco »

About a month ago, the Presiding Bishopric made a major change to how some international attendees will obtain tickets to general conference.
http://www.ldsliving.com/Church-Change- ... es/s/87107

I really hope there's going to be high security :twisted:

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Church Makes Change to General Conference Tickets for International Attendees

Post by brianj »

Why would high security be necessary? And what about the current security do you think is lacking?

What I never understand is the people I see near the conference center, holding signs claiming to be from other countries and begging for tickets. If they really are from overseas, they can acquire tickets easily.

And here's a pro tip for everybody: If you are in Salt Lake, want to attend conference, but don't have a ticket, go to the Tabernacle. Go early. Follow the signs for standby seating. You will sit in the Tabernacle, and if there's room in the conference center they will send you over. I have attended both of the last two Priesthood sessions using this approach and plan to do so in March 2018.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Church Makes Change to General Conference Tickets for International Attendees

Post by David13 »

brianj wrote: November 28th, 2017, 8:48 pm Why would high security be necessary? And what about the current security do you think is lacking?

What I never understand is the people I see near the conference center, holding signs claiming to be from other countries and begging for tickets. If they really are from overseas, they can acquire tickets easily.

And here's a pro tip for everybody: If you are in Salt Lake, want to attend conference, but don't have a ticket, go to the Tabernacle. Go early. Follow the signs for standby seating. You will sit in the Tabernacle, and if there's room in the conference center they will send you over. I have attended both of the last two Priesthood sessions using this approach and plan to do so in March 2018.

The security needs to be with regard to printing the tickets online. That could be hacked and fake tickets printed which could then be used by disrupters.

The church does not want you to give your tickets out on the street, if you have extras. There is a procedure that should be followed with tickets, and church members should follow it.

Turn them in to the church. Then use the procedure outline by brianj.

My great fear, and the fear of others I have talked to on the street is that I might give a ticket to some anti church disrupter who would cause a problem during the conference.

A lot of those people stand around on the street and look all nice an tame, but some of them may well be wild animals if they get in. I'll go with the church's procedure.

Why are they on the street? Why didn't their Bishop give them tickets?
Huh?
dc

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

I guess we're the only ones in our ward that had an experience which a woman caused a disruption right before sacrament prayer. Screaming outloud and saying our church is false and we are worshiping a man and not God.

I guess we're the only ward who had members get shot in our parking lot by outsiders.

I guess I'm overreacting

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

LdsMarco wrote: November 28th, 2017, 1:16 pm About a month ago, the Presiding Bishopric made a major change to how some international attendees will obtain tickets to general conference.
http://www.ldsliving.com/Church-Change- ... es/s/87107

I really hope there's going to be high security :twisted:
Isn't the security higher now? In the past, international visitors could go to the Conference Center Ticket Office to get tickets. Now they need to order them through stake or district president in their home country. A local leader, who supposedly knows the member acts as a gate keeper now.