marred servant - - >> resurrected joseph with facial fractures prints

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

marred servant - - >> resurrected joseph with facial fractures prints

Post by sushi_chef »

thats probably true, sushi_ guesstimates. (prophet is not honored in his home country)

"William Decatur Kartchner

Kartchner Records Joseph Smith's Views A speech of the Prophet Joseph Smith, which will surely come to pass: On the 22nd of June, 1844, on this day our General called us in order and to my astonishment counseled us to give up our arms that had been supplied for our defense by the authority of the State of Illinois, saying, "We will give to them that asketh of us and trust in God for our future welfare. I wish to tender you my thanks, as soldiers and citizens under my command. I proclaim as your General, you have done your duty faithfully in guarding this city and in preserving the lives of all the people as well as mine in a special manner, for I have seen you on duty without shoes and comfortable clothing and if I had the means to buy or I could obtain these necessary things for you I would gladly do it, but I cannot mortgage any of my property to get one dollar. But I will say this, you will be called the first Elders of the Church and your mission will be to the nations of the earth. You will gather many people into the fastness of the Rocky Mountains as a center for the gathering of the people and you will be faithful because you have been true, and many of those who come in under your ministry because of their much learning, they will seek for high positions and they will be set up and raise themselves to eminence above you, but you will walk in the low places unnoticed. And you will know of all that transpired in their midst and those that are your friends will be my friends. This I will promise you, that when I come again to lead you forth, for I go to prepare a place so that where I am you shall be with me." With these sayings he thanked us for past duties and said, "You are now dismissed to take care of your wives and children and homes." On the 23rd of June we heard a call upon the Legion to muster on Main Street near the Mansion House. I again saw our General in his uniform upon a small house frame. He again spoke too the Legion laying his hand upon the head of Levi S. Hancock who was sitting at his feet: "The Lord has this day....
"
http://www.geocities.ws/hassell63/william_k.html

http://comevisit.com/lds/CHAP3.HTM

http://silverepicent.com/photofound/pho ... tures.html
:-B

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: marred servant - - >> resurrected joseph with facial fractures prints

Post by Alaris »

William Decatur Kartchner is my great great grandfather (maybe 3 greats) on my mother's side. My mother's father's father's father (father.) :)

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

thinks/hopes above quote should be in every sunday school material and conference talks so on. perhaps the correlation committee might need to be humble enough to change before too late....

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

:-\
sushi_chef wrote: August 27th, 2017, 11:25 pm thinks/hopes above quote should be in every sunday school material and conference talks so on. perhaps the correlation committee might need to be humble enough to change before too late....
I do not think Joseph is coming back on that capacity at least.

dewajack
captain of 100

Post by dewajack »

Sidney Rigdon was another who was marred. Below is an excerpt from him patriarchal blessing from Joseph Smith Sr.
No enemy shall have power to harm thee; for though thy life has many times been in jeopardy, and once thy body marred, from
henceforth thou shalt be protected, that no man shall mar thee.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

possibly there are going to be some pararells....for jews and latter-day gentiles....

"51 And then shall the Jews look upon me and say: What are these wounds in thine hands and in thy feet?
52 Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God.
53 And then shall they weep because of their iniquities; then shall they lament because they persecuted their king.
54 And then shall the heathen nations be redeemed....
" dc 45

"When I could endure it no longer, I cried out aloud, saying: O Lord! in the name of Jesus Christ I pray Thee, show me what these things mean, and what I shall say to Thy people? On a sudden the Spirit of God came upon me, and filled my heart with joy and gladness indescribable; and while the spirit of revelation glowed in my bosom with as visible a warmth and gladness as if it were fire. The Spirit said unto me: "Lift up your head and rejoice; for behold! it is well with my servants Joseph and Hyrum. My servant Joseph still holds the keys of my kingdom in this dispensation, and he shall stand in due time on the earth, in the flesh, and fulfil that to which he is appointed.
Go and say unto my people in Nauvoo, that they shall continue to pursue their daily duties and take care of themselves, and make...."
pppratt

"Joseph, my son, I lay my hands upon thy head in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to confirm.... Thou shalt stand upon the earth when it shall reel to and fro as a drunken man, and be removed out of its place: thou shalt stand when the mighty judgments go forth to the destruction of the wicked: thou shalt stand on Mount Zion when the tribes of Jacob come shouting from the north, and with thy brethren, the sons of Ephraim, crown them in the name of Jesus Christ:..."
p blessing

for his contemporaries, speaking of prophet/servant it always was joseph....living prophet phenomenon is relatively new after early 20 century, isnt it?!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

sushi_chef wrote: August 29th, 2017, 12:08 am possibly there are going to be some pararells....for jews and latter-day gentiles....

"51 And then shall the Jews look upon me and say: What are these wounds in thine hands and in thy feet?
52 Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God.
53 And then shall they weep because of their iniquities; then shall they lament because they persecuted their king.
54 And then shall the heathen nations be redeemed....
" dc 45

"When I could endure it no longer, I cried out aloud, saying: O Lord! in the name of Jesus Christ I pray Thee, show me what these things mean, and what I shall say to Thy people? On a sudden the Spirit of God came upon me, and filled my heart with joy and gladness indescribable; and while the spirit of revelation glowed in my bosom with as visible a warmth and gladness as if it were fire. The Spirit said unto me: "Lift up your head and rejoice; for behold! it is well with my servants Joseph and Hyrum. My servant Joseph still holds the keys of my kingdom in this dispensation, and he shall stand in due time on the earth, in the flesh, and fulfil that to which he is appointed.
Go and say unto my people in Nauvoo, that they shall continue to pursue their daily duties and take care of themselves, and make...."
pppratt

"Joseph, my son, I lay my hands upon thy head in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to confirm.... Thou shalt stand upon the earth when it shall reel to and fro as a drunken man, and be removed out of its place: thou shalt stand when the mighty judgments go forth to the destruction of the wicked: thou shalt stand on Mount Zion when the tribes of Jacob come shouting from the north, and with thy brethren, the sons of Ephraim, crown them in the name of Jesus Christ:..."
p blessing

for his contemporaries, speaking of prophet/servant it always was joseph....living prophet phenomenon is relatively new after early 20 century, isnt it?!
Joseph Smith may give the keys to the Davidic Servant - he may have similar messages to him that Moroni gave to Joseph Smith. LDSAnarchist had a great post on Joseph Smith failing to bring ZION whereas the end times servant will not--this confirmed something I had learned recently that Joseph Smith was never supposed to bring forth ZION. Failure was a part of his ministry for a reason. Still, he will undoubtedly assist in this effort to some (likely greater) capacity. We tend to do what the Jews did and stick with what we know rather than venture out into the unknown which is uncomfortable. There will be new unknown end times servants - an uncomfortable thought for sure, but exciting nonetheless.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 29th, 2017, 2:58 pmJoseph possesses these keys, and he took them with him to his grave. They were never passed on to the apostles, for the apostles didn't have that jurisdiction. So, Joseph Smith must return and commit these keys to the Josephite.
Do you believe the church, or the Fifteen today, hold any keys? Do you believe Joseph passed any keys to them?