Americans are taught lies about Mandela being a hero, he is not.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Americans are taught lies about Mandela being a hero, he is not.

Post by kirtland r.m. »

A world class thug and hard core communist, he is looked up to by the American left. Watch these two short videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC8qQE4Y2Jsandhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9I4M-7jF7k

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Americans are taught lies about Mandela being a hero, he is not.

Post by David13 »

"We pledge to kill the whites". Yes, despicable, racist, prejudiced bigotry, intolerant of others. Violent criminal.
These are the qualities, or lack thereof that the left looks up to. Of course they could consider him a hero.
dc

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

South Africans have a different view of him.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

I remember the news reports of his wife running his mob in his absence.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I had occasion to live in south Africa during last year‘s of Nelson Mandela‘s life. What I observed was a country that truly loves this man. The young radical that entered Robin Island Pision more than 20 years before was not the elder statesman that emerged from there to lead his nation.

South Africans of every race and class today admit that it was Mandela’s efforts that prevented the country from falling in to revolution and turmoil. He is greatly beloved by the South Africans and seen as the father of their country in many ways.

He is widely viewed on by those of all political sripe together with Bishop Tutu and F. W. DeKerk as the central figure to lead South Africa out of apartheid’s grip.

South Africa and its former colony Namibia are rare exceptions of stable African democracies in no small part to Mandela’s efforts. South Africa faces many challenges in the years ahead but I would suggest, having been there, that they are far better off to meet them because Mandela was able to put aside his and his county’s past and see a way forward.