The year with no rainbow...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The year with no rainbow...

Post by markharr »

ImageSaw a double rainbow this morning.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

alaris wrote: August 4th, 2017, 8:47 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:30 pm
gkearney wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:26 pm So here is a question. Does the no rainbows rule apply to rainbows produce by artificial means such as with prisms?
That's not a rainbow; there's no rain. Image
I forgot to mention... I also did a news.google.com search of double rainbow and there has been a lot of double rainbows in the news lately.

https://www.google.com/search?q=double+ ... 580&dpr=3
Of note is this Newsweek article about a double rainbow over the white house. The title asks if it's a sign from God and the author shows his allegiance by blaspheming God one sentence deep. It is Newsweek :/

http://www.newsweek.com/double-rainbow- ... use-646460
We just had a double rainbow in Orem earlier tonight and I thought of this thread.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

brianj wrote: August 8th, 2017, 9:44 pm
markharr wrote: August 8th, 2017, 5:04 pm Christ comes at the end of seven years of tribulation. That hasn't started yet so it would be at least six more years of rainbows.

With events in North Korea today I'm wondering if it's about to start.
I don't accept that Christ will come at the end of the tribulations. There is a lot that has to happen after the tribulations before the Second Coming including preaching the gospel to the world, the completion of the city of Zion, etc.
And people think that the Second Coming is in 2033. Ha! =))

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Here is the Rainbow I saw on 8/1 - the ninth of Av of the Jewish calendar wherein the Temple was destroyed twice.
rainbow-gilbert-temple.jpg
rainbow-gilbert-temple.jpg (107.06 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
The picture doesn't do it justice.

Here is the other side of the double rainbow - you can see the temple on the far right:
rainbow-gilbert-temple2.jpg
rainbow-gilbert-temple2.jpg (93.28 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Edit: you can also see clearly the white light below the rainbow which is a symbol of the Lord upon whom all seven levels of mankind ascend.
Last edited by Alaris on August 12th, 2017, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcusick
captain of 100

Post by mcusick »

John saw the rainbow in heaven at the throne of God (Revelation 4:3). Have you considered that the rainbow in heaven may not be seen when the second coming is near?
Or that Jesus will come at January 1, 12AM as a joke?

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

People that read the scriptures and feel the spirit, absolutely know that they are real. When you accept that you will follow it, if the Lord helps you to know it's real and if you have sincerity, he also responds with his own sincerity with answers. The Lord helps people to know what's real and what isn't. And he promises that those reading their scriptures will NOT be led astray. That is also a scripture.

I don't think it's a joke.

But I do accept that there's a possibility that maybe you had an honest question about that?

I guess it comes down to, do you believe in answers to prayers? If you do then you will know that signs of his coming aren't a joke. :)

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

alaris wrote: August 5th, 2017, 1:23 am The temple in Jerusalem is not for just the Jews. In fact without Levi they can't do much. This is a gathering of all 12 tribes of which we are one.
I noticed on the map in the back of my Scriptures that there is a nice part of central Israel designated for and given to the children of the Tribe of Ephraim by the Lord God.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

friendsofthe wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:23 am In the blog this quote is used:
“When wars come, we shall have to flee to Zion. The cry is to make haste. The last Revelation says, “Ye shall not have time to have gone over the earth, until these things come.” It will come as did the cholera, war, fires, and earthquakes; one pestilence after another, etc., until the Ancient of Days come, then judgment will be given to the Saints. (Joseph Smith,1839-July-DHC 3:385-391)
Do you ever ponder on how best to prepare to “flee to Zion”? I mean the practical stuff, food, clothing, gear…. Got your handcart…. #-o
I think I like this one.... :D

http://www.farmhandcarts.com/wp-content ... G_2680.jpg
http://www.farmhandcarts.com/?page_id=5
I like the all terrain carts at Home Depot with the big wheels. The good ones cost about $200 and can pull 1500 lbs.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

alaris wrote: August 4th, 2017, 12:53 pm
shadow wrote: August 4th, 2017, 12:15 pm Why would a sign to the Jews appear in Gilbert?? It wouldn't.
Read the whole post. It wasn't just Gilbert.

Edit: Also don't discount the fact that Arizona is exploding in growth and temples and may have a past or a future of which you are unaware. Moreover the sign could easily be to the House of Ephraim of which there is a significant population here. The sign was also seen in Utah on August 1st... Another Ephraim center of activity.

The rainbow is a sign to all flesh, not just Judah. If the temple is about to be rebuilt, and if we or members of our community are destined to help then why not a sign on the Jewish holiday when the Temple was destroyed twice?

On a personal note, I like you and your posts Shadow but you do seem to rain on parades quite a bit more than usual. How can we turn that rain into rainbows in your sky? ;)
You know I couldn't help but comment on this after remembering there was these posts about double rainbows and much of it happening in Arizona. Then yesterday this happens -->

https://www.lds.org/church/news/preside ... e?lang=eng

So the double rainbow sign you saw was real. :) And what better way for it to be true than yesterday the Tucson Temple was dedicated. How cool is that?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

gardener4life wrote: August 15th, 2017, 6:57 am
alaris wrote: August 4th, 2017, 12:53 pm
shadow wrote: August 4th, 2017, 12:15 pm Why would a sign to the Jews appear in Gilbert?? It wouldn't.
Read the whole post. It wasn't just Gilbert.

Edit: Also don't discount the fact that Arizona is exploding in growth and temples and may have a past or a future of which you are unaware. Moreover the sign could easily be to the House of Ephraim of which there is a significant population here. The sign was also seen in Utah on August 1st... Another Ephraim center of activity.

The rainbow is a sign to all flesh, not just Judah. If the temple is about to be rebuilt, and if we or members of our community are destined to help then why not a sign on the Jewish holiday when the Temple was destroyed twice?

On a personal note, I like you and your posts Shadow but you do seem to rain on parades quite a bit more than usual. How can we turn that rain into rainbows in your sky? ;)
You know I couldn't help but comment on this after remembering there was these posts about double rainbows and much of it happening in Arizona. Then yesterday this happens -->

https://www.lds.org/church/news/preside ... e?lang=eng

So the double rainbow sign you saw was real. :) And what better way for it to be true than yesterday the Tucson Temple was dedicated. How cool is that?
President Uchtdorf said,
“So I know that in this place, in this part of the country, there’s a new light which is just being established right here by the Lord for a purpose, and we can be so grateful that we are a part of that and that he has granted us to live in a time to see these miracles happen. Our gratitude can be expressed by our dedication to this great work and to sharing it with those around us without any excuses, with courage but with love, with kindness, with openness.”