LuminAid Solar Lights for camping/emergency

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

LuminAid Solar Lights for camping/emergency

Post by Silver »

Hi y'all,
Do you know this product? I've used an older version of this light multiple times on campouts. Very handy.
LuminAid Pack-Lite.jpg
LuminAid Pack-Lite.jpg (55.25 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
https://luminaid.com/

I was wondering if there is an interest to do a Group-Buy for a discount. A few years ago I purchased over 200 of the lights for some friends. I think the discount was almost 50% off retail.

They're great for your end-of-the-world preps, for sleep-overs, for lightning just hit the electrical transformer and now there's no power, for the glovebox of your car that only breaks down at night.

Let's see if enough people want some and I'll order and ship to all at cost.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: LuminAid Solar Lights for camping/emergency

Post by kittycat51 »

Those are way cool. I remember seeing them on some talk show several years ago. (can't remember which one) What better source of power than to recharge with the sun! I would be interested.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

kittycat51 wrote: July 13th, 2017, 2:35 pm Those are way cool. I remember seeing them on some talk show several years ago. (can't remember which one) What better source of power than to recharge with the sun! I would be interested.
OK, do some spelunking on the LuminAid website and try to determine which item(s) and how many you want. Christmas will be here before you know it!

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Silver wrote: July 13th, 2017, 3:02 pm
kittycat51 wrote: July 13th, 2017, 2:35 pm Those are way cool. I remember seeing them on some talk show several years ago. (can't remember which one) What better source of power than to recharge with the sun! I would be interested.
OK, do some spelunking on the LuminAid website and try to determine which item(s) and how many you want. Christmas will be here before you know it!
If the PackLite Max 2-in-1 Phone Charger comes in at half price of what it is listed 39.95 on the REI link which the LuminAid site links to Then I would be interested in 2 of them.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brlenox wrote: July 13th, 2017, 3:15 pm
If the PackLite Max 2-in-1 Phone Charger comes in at half price of what it is listed 39.95 on the REI link which the LuminAid site links to Then I would be interested in 2 of them.
Well, don't hatchet your counts before they chicken, but let's see what we can do. The order may not be large enough to get a 50% discount if the regulars here only order a few each.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Silver wrote: July 13th, 2017, 3:24 pm
brlenox wrote: July 13th, 2017, 3:15 pm
Well, don't hatchet your counts before they chicken, but let's see what we can do. The order may not be large enough to get a 50% discount if the regulars here only order a few each.
Well, I also do a large monthly offering as part of my emergency preparedness calling. Not sure about logistics on this so not sure I can broaden the pool of folks to offer it to. A few more details when you have them and I might be able to work it in.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Got an answer from LuminAid as see below:

Hi Methuselah,
Thanks for reaching out! Happy to provide some updated information on our group buy program. Below you will find our current Groupbuy price levels. The only criteria we have to qualify for group buy pricing is minimum order value of $150.

PackLite Nova USB Group Buy Pricing Availability
Retail - 19.99 Quantity 1+ 25+ 50+ In stock
Price $17.00 $15.00 $13.00

PackLite Spectra USB Group Buy Pricing Availability
Retail - 24.99 Quantity 1+ 25+ 50+ In stock
Price $20.00 $17.50 $15.00

PackLite Max USB Group Buy Pricing Availability
Retail - 29.99 Quantity 1+ 25+ 50+ In stock
Price $24.00 $21.00 $18.00

If this looks good to you I can invite you to our new online portal where you can start building your order and submit for approval when you are ready.

Best,
Michael

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Final bump...

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

If you all are looking for a great solar light, check out d-Light solar lights. These things are awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... ight+solar

I have the first two listed, the lantern and the task light, and they are both great - really bright, and easy to charge. We always grab these when we need a light in the dark rather than a flashlight.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I could use a solar phone charger. How fast does this light charge phones?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Meili wrote: July 15th, 2017, 5:46 pm I could use a solar phone charger. How fast does this light charge phones?
I'm not sure. I own a previous model that didn't have the cell phone charger feature.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I lived without electricity for over a month and found the best thing to do was charge 12 volt batteries during the day.

This was good, but it's no longer available
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G6 ... UTF8&psc=1

This looks similar
https://www.amazon.com/Instapark-Mercur ... lding+12+5

I would place 12 volt UPS batteries inside the car and charge them in parallel with the car battery. I also had an accessory plug that I connected with alligator clips to the charged UPS batteries and used a car USB adapter to power things at night. Best place to keep a 72 hour kit is in your car, unless you never stray more than a few miles from home.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

If you order please count me in for 3 thanks

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Older/wiser? wrote: July 15th, 2017, 7:00 pm If you order please count me in for 3 thanks
OK, let's see if we can get the order up to 40-50 pieces to get the best discount.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: July 15th, 2017, 6:37 pm
Meili wrote: July 15th, 2017, 5:46 pm I could use a solar phone charger. How fast does this light charge phones?
I'm not sure. I own a previous model that didn't have the cell phone charger feature.
It looks like the phone charger model isn't included in the deal prices. Plus, the only review that mentions efficiency says it's more just for backup charging because it doesn't charge much, so I think I'll pass on the deal. Good luck, though.