3 Nephi 8? NASA Confirms 15 Days Of Darkness In November 2017

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

3 Nephi 8? NASA Confirms 15 Days Of Darkness In November 2017

Post by JohnnyL »

NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Darkness In November 2017

http://womansenergy.com/nasa-confirms-e ... mber-2017/

"According to the report, during this specific period Jupiter and Venus will come in close proximity of each other and will be separated by just 1 degree. Venus will move to the south-west of Jupiter and as a result it will shine 10 times brighter than Jupiter. Venus’ bright light will heat up the gases in Jupiter causing a reaction which will release a an absurdly high amount of hydrogen into the space. This reaction will come in contact with our Sun at 2:50 am on November 15th.

Once the hydrogen reaches the Sun, a massive explosion is bound to occur on the surface of the Sun, increasing the temperature to more than 9000 degrees. The whole process will generate so much heat that the Sun will change its color into a bluish shade. Once this happens, the Sun will need a minimum of 14 days to restore its normal color and temperature.

As a result of this strange phenomenon, the Sun’s light will be seen much dimmer from the Earth and hence the 15-day blackout NASA is talking about."

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Re: 3 Nephi 8? NASA Confirms 15 Days Of Darkness In November 2017

Post by Rensai »

That's just a hoax.

http://www.hoax-slayer.net/nasa-15-days ... x-returns/
Brief Analysis:
The claims in the reports are utter nonsense. NASA has certainly not confirmed any such event for June, November, or any other month. In fact, the report is just the latest version of a silly hoax that has been published over and over again in various guises since at least 2012. From time to time, another spammy, clickbait website will publish a new version of the hoax in a rather lame effort to attract more visitors.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

JohnnyL wrote: July 7th, 2017, 4:05 pm NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Darkness In November 2017

"According to the report, during this specific period Jupiter and Venus will come in close proximity of each other and will be separated by just 1 degree. Venus will move to the south-west of Jupiter and as a result it will shine 10 times brighter than Jupiter. Venus’ bright light will heat up the gases in Jupiter causing a reaction which will release a an absurdly high amount of hydrogen into the space. This reaction will come in contact with our Sun at 2:50 am on November 15th.

Once the hydrogen reaches the Sun, a massive explosion is bound to occur on the surface of the Sun, increasing the temperature to more than 9000 degrees. The whole process will generate so much heat that the Sun will change its color into a bluish shade. Once this happens, the Sun will need a minimum of 14 days to restore its normal color and temperature.

As a result of this strange phenomenon, the Sun’s light will be seen much dimmer from the Earth and hence the 15-day blackout NASA is talking about."
It is interesting that the same people that tend to believe these kinds of articles also believe in energy healing. :-?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Rensai wrote: July 7th, 2017, 4:36 pm That's just a hoax.

http://www.hoax-slayer.net/nasa-15-days ... x-returns/
Brief Analysis:
The claims in the reports are utter nonsense. NASA has certainly not confirmed any such event for June, November, or any other month. In fact, the report is just the latest version of a silly hoax that has been published over and over again in various guises since at least 2012. From time to time, another spammy, clickbait website will publish a new version of the hoax in a rather lame effort to attract more visitors.
I haven't really looked into this much but I'm pretty sure

A. Nasa does say stuff that it later pretends it never said
B. Hoax debunking sites are about as trustworthy as hoaxers themselves.

Snopes has an article on this too but they are a leftist site whose credibility is about nill to me.

The said it is an oddly specific prediction that seems would be nearly impossible to predict. Moreover wouldn't a bunch of hydrogen hitting the sun mean much more than just darkness?

Edit: after another five minutes of googling, I found two articles that reference each other as sources that appear to say the same thing. This could just be click bait.

http://www.globalrevolutionnetwork.com/ ... ember-2017

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

it sure reminds me of the lame "false memories" made for the people in the movie MIB. http://www.quotes.net/mquote/61219
Kay:
All right, Beatrice, there was no alien. The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Jay:
Wait a minute. You just flash that thing, it erases her memory, and you just make up a new one?

Kay:
A standard issue neuralyzer.

Jay:
And that weak-@#$ story's the best you can come up with?
HA! the MIB are messing with my memory or posts too! I could have sworn Jay says something different there. ;) :YMALIEN: :D

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

What does Trump say?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Arenera wrote: July 7th, 2017, 7:39 pm What does Trump say?
Hakhee Hakhee Hakhee ho

Hakhee Hakhee Hakhee ho

yukyukyukyukyuk a nukyuk

yukyukyukyukyuk a nukyuk

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

alaris wrote: July 7th, 2017, 7:48 pm
Arenera wrote: July 7th, 2017, 7:39 pm What does Trump say?
Hakhee Hakhee Hakhee ho

Hakhee Hakhee Hakhee ho

yukyukyukyukyuk a nukyuk

yukyukyukyukyuk a nukyuk
He's no fox :))

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

JohnnyL wrote: July 7th, 2017, 4:05 pm NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Darkness In November 2017

Venus and Jupiter never come in close proximity of each other and if they did there'd be more trouble than hot gasses. The only hot gas is in that article.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

From the article:
“We do not expect any major effects from the Blackout event. The only effect this event will have on Earth is an increase of 6 – 8 degrees in temperature. the polar cap will be mostly affected by this. No one should worry much. This event would be similar to what Alaskans experience in the winter”, Bolden said." (close quote)

There is so much wrong with the article, but the part quoted above made me smile. The only effect will be an increase in temperature, but that will be like what Alaskans experience in the winter. Yes, I'm sure every Alaskan can tell you about those wintertime temperature increases. Happens every year.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Not this nonsense again. Johnny, I want you to think about a couple of things.
Venus orbits the sun closer than the Earth. It never gets anywhere near as far from the sun as the Earth is. Jupiter orbits the sun much farther than the Earth and never comes anywhere near the distance between the sun and Earth. The farthest that Venus ever gets from the sun is about 108,939,000 km. The closest that Jupiter ever gets to the sun is about 740,550,000 km. That means they can come no closer to one another than 631,611,000 km or about 392,464,880 miles. If Earth orbits the sun at a mean distance of 93 million miles and the minimum distance between Venus and Jupiter is almost 393 million miles, how can any of the nonsense you quoted above happen?

Think about it another way. Stand on the side of a busy street and watch the cars. Cars will come from your left and come from your right, coming right at each other. Why don't they hit? At some point there will be two cars directly in front of you so shouldn't they crash? If you know that there's no way they can crash because one is farther from you than the other, then how can an alignment between two planets, as seen from Earth, imply they are really right next to each other?

I could provide a detailed discussion showing that merely heating the upper atmosphere of Jupiter would not cause gravity to no longer apply to hydrogen, or that the solar wind would prevent any gases that were to leave Jupiter from approaching the sun, or that blue stars are hotter and brighter than yellow stars so if the above nonsense were to happen then it would be hotter and brighter on Earth, but I don't want to overwhelm you with science.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Yeah, this thread is nonsense, not only because the physics is nonsensical as Brian and others pointed out, but also because you cited an obscure website with questionable legitimacy at best. If NASA didn't publish it on their own website, then why on earth would they publish it on the website you quoted?

Would you like some potatoes and sour cream to go with your tin foil hat?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

JohnnyL,
When you posted this, were you just trolling or did you really believe that nonsense?

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Definitely a hoax.

Venus: 5.5 light minutes from the Sun.

Jupiter: 45 light minutes from the Sun.

If the Sun's surface temperature were to increase to 9000 degrees Celsius, the Sun would appear white but not blue, which would require a temperature double that. And you could kiss all life goodbye on the Earth as we would be about where Venus is as far as temperature goes. The habitable zone would be around the Asteroid belt.

Warrior Of Jah
captain of 10

Post by Warrior Of Jah »

\:D/ this time its going

Warrior Of Jah
captain of 10

Post by Warrior Of Jah »

samizdat wrote: July 8th, 2017, 8:50 am Definitely a hoax.
discovered the wheel
:ymapplause:

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

This is so ridiculously non-scientific I don't know where to start.

Even if Venus does shine brighter than normal it would have zero effect on Jupiter - certainly nothing that would affect gases being released.
If they are within 1 degree of each other, that would still mean that the dark side of Venus would be towards Jupiter, so even IF the brightness of Venus could have that kind of effect (it can't) it most certainly would not be sending more light Jupiter's direction.

I could go on and on - what rubbish.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

inho wrote: July 8th, 2017, 7:52 am JohnnyL,
When you posted this, were you just trolling or did you really believe that nonsense?
Ahhh... This was such an interesting thread.

Of course not everything I write will apply to everyone.

16 replies about something interesting, yet foolish--which, somehow, reminds me of the majority of posts on this forum. As I read down through the threads, I am baffled--at least 3/4 are forum clickbait or "trolling" or "rubbish" or a thousand threads on Trump or the same topic, "Take 300"; things that make me wonder how many people never finished the Gospel Principles class in Sunday School. And reading much of the discussions on the threads makes me wonder how many people... Well, I'll just say that I don't bother replying to many things anymore. I almost didn't reply to this thread, but... :ymdevil:

On the other hand, there is such a limited consensus about what truth is, that so many other possibilities get tossed aside. 3 Nephi 8 HAD to be a volcano, right? Some people believe that Occam's Razor means what it doesn't--they miss the "here's a good starting point" part and only think they read "since this is simple, it's the answer". I chuckle when people quote Sherlock Holmes: "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Lol. Try this: "Once you eliminate the impossible (i.e. improbable), whatever remains, no matter how improbable (i.e., impossible), must be the truth." It's a logical fallacy, unless you are using a very limited logical chain and deviations.

Which most people don't mind saying here (probably because of the "hoax destroying websites", which as mentioned, are often hoaxy themselves--another fallacy--you know, "who's watching the watchers?"), but not as much on the other incredulous threads/ posts--you know, like where an "I am Jesus" post can cover 10 pages of serious discussion, or such, and such.

Interesting also that something so simple is turned into complex explanations (some people really need to reread Occam's Razor! ;) ).

I also noticed that there was no discussion of 3 Nephi 8, though I found that less interesting.

This was a reminder, however faint, that other possibilities not only can exist, but do exist.

I put this up for discussion. I didn't bear my testimony that I know this thing is true and going to happen like half the "My niece had a dream" threads, lol.

Also noted, this could have been a very interesting discussion on connections and possibilities. It reminds me of an interview I read of a top software coding company hirer who would ask potential employee coders how to do something (sometimes a real-life problem they were working on, or thinking about). If the coder replied, "You can't"--with 101 reasons why not--he wouldn't hire them. Even if it was impossible, he did hire the ones who looked at the question and wondered and saw other potentials or variations; "Impossible" became "I don't see how" and further consideration.
Instead of connections and potentials, this discussion turned into a "A or B" discussion, a "CAN'T" discussion (you're not fired, just not hired!). Better or worse than that--I don't know--it was also where only current MSS was allowed.

Fake news? Probably so. Anymore fake than most other news, or threads, or discussions, etc.? Probably not. Any truth to it? Let me see...

inho, in response to your question: would it matter?

Warrior of Jah: :)) Some good ones, yeah.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

JohnnyL wrote: July 16th, 2017, 5:02 pm

16 replies about something interesting, yet foolish--which, somehow, reminds me of the majority of posts on this forum. As I read down through the threads, I am baffled--at least 3/4 are forum clickbait or "trolling" or "rubbish" or a thousand threads on Trump or the same topic, "Take 300"; things that make me wonder how many people never finished the Gospel Principles class in Sunday School. And reading much of the discussions on the threads makes me wonder how many people... Well, I'll just say that I don't bother replying to many things anymore. I almost didn't reply to this thread, but... :ymdevil:

On the other hand, there is such a limited consensus about what truth is, that so many other possibilities get tossed aside. 3 Nephi 8 HAD to be a volcano, right? Some people believe that Occam's Razor means what it doesn't--they miss the "here's a good starting point" part and only think they read "since this is simple, it's the answer". I chuckle when people quote Sherlock Holmes: "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Lol. Try this: "Once you eliminate the impossible (i.e. improbable), whatever remains, no matter how improbable (i.e., impossible), must be the truth." It's a logical fallacy, unless you are using a very limited logical chain and deviations.

Which most people don't mind saying here (probably because of the "hoax destroying websites", which as mentioned, are often hoaxy themselves--another fallacy--you know, "who's watching the watchers?"), but not as much on the other incredulous threads/ posts--you know, like where an "I am Jesus" post can cover 10 pages of serious discussion, or such, and such.

Interesting also that something so simple is turned into complex explanations (some people really need to reread Occam's Razor! ;) ).

I also noticed that there was no discussion of 3 Nephi 8, though I found that less interesting.

This was a reminder, however faint, that other possibilities not only can exist, but do exist.

I put this up for discussion. I didn't bear my testimony that I know this thing is true and going to happen like half the "My niece had a dream" threads, lol.

Also noted, this could have been a very interesting discussion on connections and possibilities. It reminds me of an interview I read of a top software coding company hirer who would ask potential employee coders how to do something (sometimes a real-life problem they were working on, or thinking about). If the coder replied, "You can't"--with 101 reasons why not--he wouldn't hire them. Even if it was impossible, he did hire the ones who looked at the question and wondered and saw other potentials or variations; "Impossible" became "I don't see how" and further consideration.
Instead of connections and potentials, this discussion turned into a "A or B" discussion, a "CAN'T" discussion (you're not fired, just not hired!). Better or worse than that--I don't know--it was also where only current MSS was allowed.

Fake news? Probably so. Anymore fake than most other news, or threads, or discussions, etc.? Probably not. Any truth to it? Let me see...

True or not I appreciated the thread. :)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

alaris wrote: July 16th, 2017, 5:16 pm
JohnnyL wrote: July 16th, 2017, 5:02 pm

True or not I appreciated the thread. :)
And I think that was my biggest hope. :)

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

JohnnyL wrote: July 16th, 2017, 5:02 pm 3 Nephi 8 HAD to be a volcano, right?

Fair enough. However, the scenario in the link you posted was so ridiculous that it isn't really a viable alternative. If you or anyone else has some more worthy ideas of 3Ne8, I would be happy to hear them. I don't think the volcano scenario is able to explain everything either.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

DesertWonderer wrote: July 7th, 2017, 6:08 pm It is interesting that the same people that tend to believe these kinds of articles also believe in energy healing. :-?
What do you call a priesthood blessing then?

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

inho wrote: July 17th, 2017, 1:31 am
JohnnyL wrote: July 16th, 2017, 5:02 pm 3 Nephi 8 HAD to be a volcano, right?

Fair enough. However, the scenario in the link you posted was so ridiculous that it isn't really a viable alternative. If you or anyone else has some more worthy ideas of 3Ne8, I would be happy to hear them. I don't think the volcano scenario is able to explain everything either.
Ever heard of the the "Forgotten Earthquakes of 1811-1812"? It happened near New Madrid Missouri. This is the largest earthquake series historically recorded in North American. Witnesses endured over 2,000 earthquakes, with three being 8.0 or stronger for a 5 month period of time. The earthquakes caused bizarre phenomena such as the Mississippi river to flow backwards, entire regions were buried under 15-20 feet of sand from the sand geysers. Chasms opened up in the earth, foul vapors were released and 10 new lakes formed in hours, inundating villages and towns.

The small town of New Madrid, Missouri was destroyed during the earthquakes. The town of Little Prairie was flooded and the town evacuated. Indian villages were destroyed as a 30 foot wall of water went rushing upriver following the upheaval of the land that blocked the river channel. Here is the interesting part, several eye-witness accounts could show similar occurrences with the 3 Nephi 8 scenario. Eliza Bryan, who later became a school teacher in New Madrid, recorded her experiences: "My maw tried to light the lamps, but the darkness was so dense they didn't help at all." She spoke of "awful darkness of the atmosphere" during some of the daylight shocks. Godfrey LeSieur said that following the earthquake events "a dense black cloud of vapor overshadowed the land". Another New Madrid resident exclaimed "The air would be clear at first, but in five minutes it would become very black, and this darkness returned at each successive shock". "A vapor seemed to impregnate the atmosphere, had a disagreeable smell, and produce difficulty of respiration" wrote another eyewitness account. A minister living near Cape Giarardeau reported that from December 16 until December 19, a period of 3-4 days time, "the sun, moon and stars were concealed by a mist of fog which dropped like a heavy dew." John James Audobon observed in across the Kentucky border on January 23, 1812 when one of the strongest earthquakes hit. He said "I saw a sudden and strange darkness rising from the western horizon and hears what I imagined to be the distant rumbling of a violent tornado."

So no not necessarily a volcano.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

2:50 am on the 15th has happened in every time zone of the world. In over half the world 2:50 am on the 16th has already passed.

It suddenly turned so dark at around 6 pm here! If it wasn't for lights I would have such a hard time seeing!

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Omg it’s dark here too.

What are we going to do.