Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: Gods secrets of the universe (please respond)

Post by oneClimbs »

We fear eternal life perhaps the same as a child feels adulthood and all the responsibilities and challenges that go with it. We grow, learn, and mature. Pretty soon we are at the place we once feared and would never desire to go back.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

inho wrote:
brianj wrote:However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.
This part doesn't make sense. What if every billionth world was inhabited? That would mean that there would still be infinite amount of inhabited worlds. The density was low, but the amount infinite.
Moses 1:33
33 And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten.

Moses 7:30
30 And were it possible that man could number the particles of the earth, yea, millions of earths like this, it would not be a beginning to the number of thy creations; and thy curtains are stretched out still; and yet thou art there, and thy bosom is there; and also thou art just; thou art merciful and kind forever;

D&C 76:24
24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.

And here is what God told Moses:

Moses 1:35
35 But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.

D&C 88:41
41 He comprehendeth all things, and all things are before him, and all things are round about him; and he is above all things, and in all things, and is through all things, and is round about all things; and all things are by him, and of him, even God, forever and ever.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Mormon14 wrote:These questions have been on my mind for many many years, and recently have popped into my mind again and again for some odd reason. If you could please leave a response.

- If matter is undestroyable and uncreatable how did god have matter to organise. And furthermore if we can become gods and our creations can also, would that not mean that matter is infinite?

Our thoughts are matter, and they are able to create. Add a physical body, and now you can create physical matter. Every word we speak is a creation. That is how God creates. That is why we need a physical body, but we need the spirit and body to be better aligned in order to receive the keys of creation. That is why God gave us marriage, as a metaphor to help us understand how creation works. When we are ready, the veil will be lifted and we will be able to create matter as well, because we have the combination of a spirit and a body, together they are the key. When free energy goes mainstream, you will see how free energy is much more the principle than not, and yes, there is infinite matter. Creation involves combining the force of light with the force of darkness, or in other words, organic and inorganic materials working as one. That is why our flesh is carnal. When we overcome it, we will have resurrected flesh, and we will have the necessary vantage point--a knowledge of evil-- to protect us from creating evil. The reason there is infinite matter, is because in order to create, you first divide the matter into 2 parts, and then let the 2 parts give and receive in an eternal state. It is like the tree giving oxygen to the deer, and the deer giving carbon dioxide to the tree. Each part of the creation may wonder how in the world it is getting an infinite amount of air, but in reality, it is because each is part of a system that sustains each other.

- There are laws and morals of the universe that god follows, who made these laws and why are they correct, did the first god just decide to make laws for everyone to follow?

If God is God because He creates life, than anything that He did contrary to the creation of life would be against His will, so His desire to create life is what makes laws that must be followed. Therefore, all choices that lead to death would be against His will, and therefore, against His law. The law is meant to protect His purpose, which is to create life. We, God's children, get to create what laws we will and will not follow, but we are also accountable for unfortunately causing death in many of the laws we make. Hence our need for a more Creative God than us to come and right our wrongs, which is what Jesus Christ did for us! His love for us is His creative power, and thus His love fulfills all other laws.

- Heres a fun one! Does the thought of living FOREVER with NO END give you a scary feeling it sure does for me!

Going from a state of learning and progressing to a state of understanding everything is a better way of describing eternity. There is no time because no time is needed. Time is a tool to help us learn how to create. All of us are in the process of taking dead flesh and subjecting it to our spirit's will, so we are actually parenting our flesh right now. When we are resurrected, we will have learned how to create, from our experiences here. Hint, learn to nurture the flesh instead of beat it up, and it will subject to your spiritual desires much more easily.

This last isnt a question I just think that it's cool and scary that even a meanspirited thought that may pass through your mind will have consequences on you for AN INFINITE AND ETERNAL AMOUNT OF TIME what we se is small will be magnified and we will HATE ourselves for making small mistakes like those for over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond if we do not repent. Makes me kinda scared.
Well, you don't have to hate yourself for making a mistake. Why not practice forgiving yourself, because it isn't like Jesus is going to say, "go away I don't like you!" He is going to say, "come to ME your Savior and buy milk and honey without price." The key is can we forgive ourselves and others? Because Jesus already did. If we live with that attitude, we will progress much faster. As long as we remain in an awful state of uncleanliness, we will have a veil to provide time to repent. Eternal damnation is really another way of saying God's damnation, it does have an end, and that is explained in D&C 19. So do not fear going to hell, that is the accuser's (Satan's) job. Our job is to trust that Jesus will forgive us. For heaven sakes, we all make mistakes because we are just learning! It is part of the plan!

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

inho wrote:
brianj wrote:However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.
This part doesn't make sense. What if every billionth world was inhabited? That would mean that there would still be infinite amount of inhabited worlds. The density was low, but the amount infinite.
It's from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was supposed to be funny.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

brianj wrote:
inho wrote:
It's from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was supposed to be funny.
Oh, okay. That kind of makes sense, since I never really got the humor in that book.