Any Catholics on LDSFF?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Any Catholics on LDSFF?

Post by Silver »

Just wondering if practicing Catholics are comfortable with Pope Francis supporting a central bank for the world.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-0 ... etary-guru" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Neo-Marxist Pope Francis

As the new year dawns, it seems the current occupant of St. Peter’s Chair will take on a new function which is outside the purview of the office that the Divine Founder of his institution had clearly mandated. Besides being a self proclaimed expert on global warming and a vociferous advocate of societal-wrecking mass immigration, it looks as if “Pope” Francis has entered the realm of global economics specifically, international monetary policy.

In an 18-page document issued through the Vatican’s Office of Justice and Peace, Bergoglio has called for, among other repressive and wealth-destructive measures, the establishment of a “supranational [monetary] authority” to oversee international monetary affairs:

In fact, one can see an emerging requirement for a body that will carry out the functions of a kind of ‘central world bank’ that regulates the flow and system of monetary exchanges similar to the national central banks.
The paper, “Towards Reforming the International Financial and Monetary Systems in the Context of a Global Public Authority,” contends that a world central bank is needed because institutions such as the IMF have failed to “stabilize world finance” and have not effectively regulated “the amount of credit risk taken on by the system.”"

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Re: Any Catholics on LDSFF?

Post by passionflower »

I am not a catholic, but if you want to know what some more conservative catholics ( there are still a few out there ) think about Pope Francis, check out the site called " The Thinking Housewife ".

I really like this website.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

passionflower wrote:I am not a catholic, but if you want to know what some more conservative catholics ( there are still a few out there ) think about Pope Francis, check out the site called " The Thinking Housewife ".

I really like this website.
I like it. Thanks.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Glad you liked it. From my reading this over the years it is plain to see that these conservative catholics sort of just hate the Pope and wish they could, at least figuratively, burn him at the stake as a heretic. The founder of the site, Laura Wood, although a devout catholic, calls him an anti-pope (that's bad!)

One reason I like this site is how it brings back family values as the deep traditional commitment it so needs to be to weather the trials of life. They say it like it is about feminism, communism, LGBT rights, etc, and the way the world as well as the Pontiff are going. Though I am glad the USA is not a catholic country, there is much of what is praiseworthy and of good report on this site, and it brings back a lot of nostalgic feelings about what ideals of the western world once were and how much we have veered off that path in exchange for secularism, materialism, liberal values, and a loss of national consciousness.

I wish Laura Wood was a member of LDSFF!

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I was a Catholic for the first 15 or 20 years of my life.
First, it wasn't much. Basically an hour on Sunday for Mass where there is just sitting there and watching, and that's it.
Second, at about 20 years of age I began to see a clear trend in the Catholic church toward the entire left agenda and that also turned me off to it.
As to the current Pope, he is way over the line. I would leave the church, if I was not in the true church just from hearing that Pope.
But as I'm saying here, it didn't start with him.
I remember a conversation with another attorney 35 or more years ago about how far left the church was in the Latin American arena.
dc

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Yeah, I know. Pope Francis has been this way for a long time. And speaking of Latin America, isn't he from Argentina?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Ann Barnhardt is quite outspoken on the corruption within the Catholic church, too:

http://www.barnhardt.biz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I joined the LDS Church 57 years ago at age 22. I can still remember the bitterness expressed by some LDSs toward President J. Reuben Clark and Ezra Taft Benson because of their statements on the proper role of government.

Until 57 years ago I was Catholic by virtue of the fact that my mother was Catholic. Both my mother and I, and I suspect other family members shared certain Catholic apostate beliefs of our own:
God the Father and Jesus the Christ were two separate persons,
Heaven was not for Catholics only,
At least some Catholic priests, bishops, and archbishops could be "bought", especially when it came to marriage annulments

The best thing I liked about our local priest is his willingness to umpire our "sandlot" ball games.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

passionflower wrote:Yeah, I know. Pope Francis has been this way for a long time. And speaking of Latin America, isn't he from Argentina?
Yes, he is.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

lundbaek wrote:I joined the LDS Church 57 years ago at age 22. I can still remember the bitterness expressed by some LDSs toward President J. Reuben Clark and Ezra Taft Benson because of their statements on the proper role of government.

Until 57 years ago I was Catholic by virtue of the fact that my mother was Catholic. Both my mother and I, and I suspect other family members shared certain Catholic apostate beliefs of our own:
God the Father and Jesus the Christ were two separate persons,
Heaven was not for Catholics only,
At least some Catholic priests, bishops, and archbishops could be "bought", especially when it came to marriage annulments

The best thing I liked about our local priest is his willingness to umpire our "sandlot" ball games.
lundbaek, I had no idea you were pushing 80. Thanks for your long, dedicated service to the promotion of liberty. My own dad is 85. We joined the church almost 47 years ago when I was 11. My dad still talks about how most LDS members are asleep.

I suppose when your priest called you out sliding into home, you were really out. No arguments. LOL