The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
the_sign
captain of 100

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Post by the_sign »

The Second Coming of Jesus Christ formally began at the resurrection of the Prophet of the Most High.

The act of consummation which included such resurrection occurred ca. September 25, 1955 A.D.

The resurrection of the Prophet of the Most High occurred on June 25, 1956 A.D.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:I just figured the Kingdom of David given to another of the same name in the last days was fulfilled when David Ben Gurion became the first prime minister and started rebuilding Israel. Makes sense to me.
Cowell wrote:The Prophet Joseph Smith, said: “… the throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and will be given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of his lineage.” (Doctrinal History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 253.) Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Hosea and Zechariah also prophesy of this event.
Yeah, it makes the most logical sense that this prophecy was fulfilled by David Ben Gurion and the creation of Israel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Simon.Driscoll
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Simon.Driscoll »

It was my understanding that the King David this post refers to would rule Israel as its actual political King at least between Jesus descending on Mt. Olivet and Christ's rising as the morning sun. Its unclear to me whether he will rule before that time, but the day after Christ rises as the morning sun, he will go into the temple in Jerusalem and King David will go to meet him.

the_sign
captain of 100

Post by the_sign »

There remains only 30 days until the Day of the Lord (Malachi 4:5).

Still regular updates at :

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

In my view none of the current 15 will be around when Christ returns.
I think we are still some distance from the second coming. Maybe 200+ years.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

sbsion wrote:Let's see, was Enoch's oldest son named David, he certainly would "trump" any GA today with seniority, or, maybe Shem's oldest son was named David, likewise he would have seniority, maybe one of the three Nephites had a son named David, well, then, there's always a son of John, who could be waiting to fill a "dream Revelation"..I doubt very much he will come from the Church, but, certainly he was fore-ordained...........hey, maybe, does Elred G. Smith have a son/gson named David.......hmmm just some thots :roll: :wink: :idea:
No Elred's son is Gary.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

Robin Hood wrote:In my view none of the current 15 will be around when Christ returns.
Ah someone with some perspective . Good for you . Guys before the Second Coming Zion must be established ,the 10 tribes return and the Temple in Jerusalem rebuilt. We have been trying unsuccessfully for 185 years just to establish Zion . It appears to me that we are further away today than we were in 1830. Incidentally Joseph fully expected his son David would be the fulfillment of the prophesy. David as you may know suffered a nervous breakdown and died in a mental institution. God's ways are not our ways. My suggestion is we prepare ourselves individually to meet the Lord and not worry about the Second Coming. Every generation for the last 2000 years that spent time on this issue has been disappointed. Even Joseph was told don't worry about it.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Actually, you are on to something here.

However, please consider this isn't a future event but one which has already taken place.

David O. McKay was the president of the Church from 1951 to 1970.

If you have been following my other posts closely you will know that I take the Adam and Eve narrative as the Priesthood and Church bodies established through the Restoration in 1830. So, if Adam was born when the Melchizedek Priesthood covenant body was established in the 1830's and Seth, the Son of Man, was born when Adam was 130 years old, this would put the advent of the Son of Man during the 1960's which is during the time that David O. McKay was the President of the Church.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

jwharton wrote:Actually, you are on to something here.

However, please consider this isn't a future event but one which has already taken place.

If you have been following my other posts closely you will know that I take the Adam and Eve narrative as the Priesthood and Church bodies established through the Restoration in 1830. So, if Adam was born when the Melchizedek Priesthood covenant body was established in the 1830's and Seth, the Son of Man, was born when Adam was 130 years old, this would put the advent of the Son of Man during the 1960's which is during the time that David O. McKay was the President of the Church.
So, you're saying the second coming has already taken place?
If so, I have to say it hasn't lived up to it's billing.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Robin Hood wrote:

Actually, what makes you think so?
Isn't the Son of Man to be rejected and a man of sorrows?
Isn't the Redeemer of Israel rejected for a season?
Isn't there a period of time that the adversary usurps and it takes quite a war in heaven before Lucifer has finally been thrown down?
Do we think that happens immediately upon the arrival of the Son of Man?

If it is Seth, how long does it take a flesh and bone body, such as He would be, to grow up and even become mature enough to fight?
Seth would only be 50 something years old now and for a being that lives another 900+ years that isn't really all that old.

We should also take into consideration that just because we are blind and ignorant of something doesn't mean it isn't happening, nor does it mean it isn't also having the effect that God has ordained it to have. The victor, which will be the Father (who is yet to have His advent in redemption and glory) will give everyone in future generations His point of view.

We are, for the most part, in no better of a position to judge these things than the everyday citizen of Judea was concerning John the Baptist and his ministry. Some people knew of him and believed he was a Prophet but most people just rejected him and had him cast out such that he lived out in the wilderness as a fringe element the masses could have cared less about.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

Jaw another alternative is your paradigm is defective and needs adjustment. Or more likely is so seriously defective that you should follow Kuhn's approach and reject it entirely and find another that more accurately reflects the observed facts .
Last edited by boo on April 12th, 2016, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

boo wrote:Jaw another alternative is your paradigm is defective and needs adjustment.
Or more likely is so seriously defective that you should follow Kunes approach and reject it entirely and find another that more accurately reflects the observed facts .
That is an easy alternative to consider when you have put very little effort into understanding it and you don't like the potential ramifications of it being valid.

However, I'm not in that position anymore.

I have spent several years exploring this paradigm and it continually yields a precise means to make sense of things that used to baffle me.

I have yet to see any credible evidence that it is defective.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

I suspect that you might only be partially correct. None of the current 15 will probably be alive at the second coming...
But I highly doubt that we have 200+ years till the Lord comes.

I have a hunch that Zion will be established rather soon. But before then, I suspect that the entire Church will get hit by quite a few things coming from left field (IE stuff that most members wouldn't even suspect would happen).

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

jwharton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:

Actually, what makes you think so?
Isn't the Son of Man to be rejected and a man of sorrows?
Isn't the Redeemer of Israel rejected for a season?
Isn't there a period of time that the adversary usurps and it takes quite a war in heaven before Lucifer has finally been thrown down?
Do we think that happens immediately upon the arrival of the Son of Man?

If it is Seth, how long does it take a flesh and bone body, such as He would be, to grow up and even become mature enough to fight?
Seth would only be 50 something years old now and for a being that lives another 900+ years that isn't really all that old.

We should also take into consideration that just because we are blind and ignorant of something doesn't mean it isn't happening, nor does it mean it isn't also having the effect that God has ordained it to have. The victor, which will be the Father (who is yet to have His advent in redemption and glory) will give everyone in future generations His point of view.

We are, for the most part, in no better of a position to judge these things than the everyday citizen of Judea was concerning John the Baptist and his ministry. Some people knew of him and believed he was a Prophet but most people just rejected him and had him cast out such that he lived out in the wilderness as a fringe element the masses could have cared less about.
I believe this post merits a response from you Robin Hood.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Robin Hood wrote:I don't.
Ok, suit yourself.

the_sign
captain of 100

Post by the_sign »

The Second Coming of Jesus Christ has begun :

The 1,335th day of Daniel 12:12 is Ascension Sunday, May 8, 2016 A.D.

The 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14 is November 26, 2016 A.D.

The Second Year of Judgment began November 27, 2016 A.D.

It is simply a matter of how 'prior' . . .

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I believe Elder Holland and Elder Bednar are of the generation that will see the Second Coming of our Lord.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

Matchmaker wrote:I believe Elder Holland and Elder Bednar are of the generation that will see the Second Coming of our Lord.
If I am to take literally the words of a patriarch, yes, they are. Moreover, there is that little statement that, in 1980, the two witnesses were living and had already received the Aaronic Priesthood.

I do not think they will live to be 250 to be on the walls of Jerusalem, Robin Hood. Nor any of those that were promised in 1916 by Talmage at General Conference to be alive to read the ten tribes' records will.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

francisco.colaco wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:I believe Elder Holland and Elder Bednar are of the generation that will see the Second Coming of our Lord.
If I am to take literally the words of a patriarch, yes, they are. Moreover, there is that little statement that, in 1980, the two witnesses were living and had already received the Aaronic Priesthood.

I do not think they will live to be 250 to be on the walls of Jerusalem, Robin Hood. Nor any of those that were promised in 1916 by Talmage at General Conference to be alive to read the ten tribes' records will.
Elder Holland just dedicated a new Stake in the Middle East.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Cool.

David Cassani
captain of 10

Post by David Cassani »

Sometimes I wonder if we have a very storybook idea of what a King or Queen is. All endowed members that attend temples are called in essence to be Community leaders is some way -- Kings and Queens are everyday people leading in their neighborhoods or businesses with simple Christ like service, applying gospel principles -- without any particular agenda. The spirit directs them and they simply do good and raise the level of consciousness in a community or setting outside the Church. God seems to work through ordinary men and women to accomplish His work in so many realms. I have felt called to help restore simple ways, and community life to the earth. In 2010, just before the First Presidency released the Joseph Smith papers to the Church history department I was given two names or organizations by the spirit that are to unfold into a world wide movement to feed countries in preparation for the second coming. I sincerely hope these thoughts and this web site link http://www.simplelivingcenters.com/start-up.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; may help all saints raise their vision of what we can do as everyday people when connected to a world wide vision and local neighborhood vision that is simple. Scriptures tell us many will miss the David as many missed Christ in his time. Could it be too simple. The Lord as unfolded his work to one obscure latter Day David. David Cassani is my name. My name means House of David in Italian, and I learned this work around 1980. I did not quite believe it then but have not doubts now. I have been taken to the other side and instructed on key parts of this work. Others have come from those left on the earth to minister to man in preparation for the second coming. This work has unfolded into a marvelous work and wonder part II. I am sharing this work now in 2017, after many many years of line upon line guidance, key pieces coming to me in the year 2000. I did not quite believe them then, but again, I now know what the Lord has in store for my work on this earth. Read about it as it unfolds if you feel inclined or drawn to this.

Warrior Of Jah
captain of 10

Post by Warrior Of Jah »

the keys of the priesthood, just the chuch's president could exercise all these keys, such prophet must be on this lineage, or perheps will be a local prophet like the twelve nephites disciples? i don't know but i think that will be a member of the church

Warrior Of Jah
captain of 10

Post by Warrior Of Jah »

boo wrote: April 11th, 2016, 11:18 am
Robin Hood wrote:In my view none of the current 15 will be around when Christ returns.
Ah someone with some perspective . Good for you . Guys before the Second Coming Zion must be established ,the 10 tribes return and the Temple in Jerusalem rebuilt. We have been trying unsuccessfully for 185 years just to establish Zion . It appears to me that we are further away today than we were in 1830. Incidentally Joseph fully expected his son David would be the fulfillment of the prophesy. David as you may know suffered a nervous breakdown and died in a mental institution. God's ways are not our ways. My suggestion is we prepare ourselves individually to meet the Lord and not worry about the Second Coming. Every generation for the last 2000 years that spent time on this issue has been disappointed. Even Joseph was told don't worry about it.
Bruce R McConkie told us that the second comming cannot be delayed or apressed by our strives, the labor of the lord will progress in his own time
i read this in the institute manual

the_sign
captain of 100

Post by the_sign »

David Cassani wrote: January 13th, 2017, 5:55 amDavid Cassani is my name. My name means House of David in Italian,
Out of curiosity, have you ever read or heard of, or visited the House of Loreto :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_della_Santa_Casa