USA Politics.

Discuss political news items / current events.
Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

USA Politics.

Post by Elizabeth »

http://visiontoamerica.com/25222/rev-fr ... can-party/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12 ... dependent/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Evangelist Franklin Graham announced today that he is resigning from the Republican Party and will become an Independent.

Graham made the announcement after the Paul Ryan-Mitch McConnell led Congress passed a “wasteful” trillion dollar spending bill that funds the baby organ harvesters at Planned Parenthood.

Reverend Graham posted on Facebook: "
Shame on the Republicans and the Democrats for passing such a wasteful spending bill last week. And to top it off, funding Planned Parenthood! A Huffington Post article called it “a big win for Planned Parenthood.” I call it a big loss for America. After all of the appalling facts revealed this year about Planned Parenthood, our representatives in Washington had a chance to put a stop to this, but they didn’t. There’s no question—taxpayers should not be paying for abortions! Abortion is murder in God’s eyes. Seeing and hearing Planned Parenthood talk nonchalantly about selling baby parts from aborted fetuses with utter disregard for human life is reminiscent of Joseph Mengele and the Nazi concentration camps! That should’ve been all that was needed to turn off the faucet for their funding. Nothing was done to trim this 2,000 page, $1.1 trillion budget. This is an example of why I have resigned from the Republican Party and declared myself Independent. I have no hope in the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, or Tea Party to do what is best for America. Unless more godly men and women get in this process and change this wicked system, our country is in for trouble. I want to challenge Christians, even pastors, across the country to pray about running for office where they can have an impact. We need mayors, country commissioners, city council members, school board members who will uphold biblical values.
In just a couple of weeks, I will begin going state by state to every capital in our nation to hold prayer rallies for our country and share this same challenge on the Decision America Tour. Des Moines, Iowa, is first on January 5. I hope you’ll join me in your capital—check decisionamericatour.com for more dates and details."

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: USA Politics.

Post by lundbaek »

The resignation of an Evangelist from the Republican Party will hardly be noticed in the political arena. Now if a member of Congress, the "House" or the Senate, were to announce his/her resignation from the Republican Party that could hardly go unnoticed. But let's not hold our breath. I am aware of a good number of activists in the Republican Party who are disgusted with many of the Republican representatives and senators but who will not unite with and support an alternative party for fear of such action giving more strength to the Democrat Party and candidates like Hillary Clinton and other greater evils. Comments by Ezra Taft Benson and others to the effect that the Constitution will not be restored in Washington are certainly proving to be true.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://personalliberty.com/kim-davis-ge ... s-present/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"LEXINGTON, Ky. (TNS) — Republican Gov. Matt Bevin filed five executive orders late Tuesday, including one that removes county clerks’ names from marriage licenses, granting the request of Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who opposes same-sex marriage. Others reversed earlier executive orders by former Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear to restore voting rights to felons and for a higher minimum wage for state workers and employees of state vendors.
On marriage licenses, Bevin cited the Kentucky Religious Freedom Restoration Act as he removed the names of counties and county clerks, and allowed clerks to designate a third party to sign them. Davis asked Beshear to do this last summer while she refused to issue marriage licenses in Rowan County. Davis said her Christian beliefs made it impossible for her to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples after the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage in June, leading to several lawsuits against her and five days in jail for contempt of court.
The existing marriage license “creates a substantial burden on the freedom of religion of some county clerks and employees of their offices because the current form bears the name of the issuing county clerk, and some county clerks and their employees sincerely believe that the presence of their name on the form implies their personal endorsement of, and participation in, same-sex marriage, which conflicts with their sincerely held religious beliefs,” Bevin wrote in his executive order.
The new license, which Bevin ordered the state Department for Libraries and Archives to create, lists at the top of the form only the Commonwealth of Kentucky, not the county or the county clerk. There is a line at the bottom where an “issuing official” may sign, but one of Davis’ lawyers Tuesday said that could be — as Davis has arranged it in Rowan County — a willing deputy clerk who signs only as a notary public.
“It’s a great Christmas present for Kim Davis and for others like her,” said attorney Mat Staver.
The lawsuits involving Davis, the state and several same-sex couples from Rowan County, pending in federal district and appeals courts, now might be moot, Staver said. Bevin’s order essentially ratifies the licensing system Davis has improvised since her release from jail last summer, he said.
“I believe this may bring the cases to an end in a way that brings victory to Kim Davis and other like-minded clerks,” Staver said.
However, critics Tuesday said state law establishes the contents of Kentucky marriage licenses, including an authorization statement and a signature by the county clerk, and a governor cannot change state law through an executive order. If the General Assembly wants to rewrite the law when it meets this winter, it can, but the language on marriage licenses otherwise cannot be altered, they said.
“I don’t see how the governor on his own can eliminate the clerks’ names from these forms. I would imagine a lawsuit will be filed,” said Fayette County Clerk Don Blevins.
In his other executive orders, Bevin:
Suspended Beshear’s Nov. 24 executive order that automatically restored the right to vote to most nonviolent felons who have served out their sentences — a pool that potentially included many tens of thousands of Kentuckians. Bevin’s order will not retroactively affect felons who, since Nov. 24, have received a certificate from the state Department of Corrections confirming their restoration of rights.
Reversed Beshear’s June 8 executive order that raised the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour for hundreds of the lowest-paid workers in state government’s executive branch and the employees of vendors who signed contracts with the executive branch. An estimated 800 state workers who already have received pay raises as a result of Beshear’s order may keep them, but all new state hires will start at the previously established pay scale, Bevin said. The current minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. “The minimum wage stifles job creation and disproportionately impacts lower skilled workers seeking entry-level jobs,” Bevin wrote in his executive order. “Wage rates ideally would be established by the demands of the labor market instead of being set by the government.” The Kentucky Center for Economic Policy called Bevin’s order “a step backward for many hard-working Kentuckians who have seen their wages remain flat despite a growing economy.”
Placed a freeze on hiring for all vacant positions in state government, due to “severe financial challenges” facing Kentucky, including many billions of dollars owed to the state pension systems.
Abolished the Governor’s Employee Advisory Council, which then-Gov. Paul Patton established in 2001 and Beshear reinstituted in 2008 by executive order. “The purpose of the council is to ask state employees to advise and make recommendations to the governor relating to employee/employer relations; to give front-line state employees a stronger voice in Frankfort; and to create a two-way communication mechanism between front-line state merit employees and the governor’s office,” according to the state Personnel Cabinet website, which links to several public employee unions."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://conservativevideos.com/ted-cruz- ... g-muslims/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Sen. Ted Cruz said that he would not be violating his Christian faith if he followed through on his vow to “carpet bomb” Islamic State group militants — a statement that’s sure to upset liberals across the country. The Texas Republican and presidential candidate told Newsmax Wednesday: ”Let’s be clear, the Bible says, ‘Thou shalt not murder,’ which is different from ‘Thou shalt not kill.’” “Defending yourself is an obligation of any president. It is not murder,” Cruz added in the interview with Ed Berliner on “The Hard Line.” Cruz pointed out that while America killed Nazis in World War II, it wasn’t murder. “When you have the face of evil that has declared war … then it is the essence of duty to defend your nation, to defend the innocent,” he said. “When it comes to jihadists, they have declared war on us, and that’s what President Obama and Hillary Clinton refuse to acknowledge.” The leader of the United States should fight radical Islam the same way President Ronald Reagan fought the Soviets when bringing an end to the Cold War, Cruz said. Reagan aimed his foreign policy around the notion of defeating communism — a strategy of “we win, they lose.”

https://www.tedcruz.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Ted Cruz reveals his ignorance and/or disdain of not only the US Constitution, but also ignorance of who declared war on whom between the USA and Germany on 11 December 1941. Germany hoped and tried to avoid war with the USA. There had been encounters at sea when German submarines attacked cargo ships carrying war material to Great Britain and one sub either sank or damaged the USS Maddox, but it was the 7 December 1941 Japanese attack on Hawaii and the Philippines that provided the opportunity for the USA to declare war on not only Japan, but Germany and Italy 3 days later. As for bombing ISIS (a US/UK creation to begin with) the US Constitution requires a declaration of war by both houses of the US Congress before attacking another country, except to defend against attack until Congress has time to declare war.

I note a lot of people of my acquaintance are supportive of Ted Cruz. Of all the Republican candidates I find Rand Paul most respective of the US Constitution, although not as much as his father is.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"Leading consultants and strategists for the GOP are openly advocating for the assassination of Donald Trump. The fact that the authors of the two threats are still walking in public as free men tells me that these threats being made against a viable Presidential candidate are going unopposed by this current administration and makes me wonder if the following threats are not only being tolerated by this nation's leadership, but also encouraged by their inaction. Please note that I have performed my due diligence and I have filed a complaint with the Secret Service about the following events.
The safety of Donald Trump is no longer a theoretical concern; Trump's safety has just become a very serious concern.
Provable Threats against a Legitimate Presidential Candidate
Three days ago, Info Wars reporter Joe Biggs broke the story of an assassination threat made against Donald Trump by Pat Brady, a GOP campaign manager.
I agree wholeheartedly with Joe Biggs when ha asks the rhetorical question of what would happen to one of us if we advocated the same fate for any candidate other than Trump? Well, the Secret Service would break our door down, throw us to the ground, and, as they applied the latest in asphyxiation choke holds, slap on the handcuffs too tight. Then why doesn't this happen to Trump's advocates for assassination? The answer is simple: when a nation has Obama for a President and Lynch as the Attorney General, the rule of law is substituted for the autocratic rule of whim and fancy. These two despots will prosecute whomever they damn well please while they protect the Eric Holders and the Hillary Clintons.
From Rick Wilson's twitter account: "Rick Wilson is a national Republican political strategist and media consultant based in Florida who has produced television for governors, U.S. Senate candidates, super PACS, and corporations. He's on Twitter at @therickwilson."
Breitbart.com recently reported that Republican consultant Rick Wilson said the GOP establishment donor class must find a way to "put a bullet" in GOP frontrunner Donald Trump.
In an interview on the Communist rag, MSNBC, Wilson reluctantly admitted that "Trump is still a very powerful force right now" because he appeals to part of the conservative base that Wilson said was activated by his "nativist" message. Wilson insisted that the elite leadership of the GOP "can't just sit back on the sidelines and say, 'oh well, don't worry, this will all work itself out.'" Wilson went on to say what should have landed this foul-mouthed piece of garbage in prison with the following statement:
"They're still going to have to go out and put a bullet in Donald Trump, and that's a fact!"
My foul-mouthed accusation is based on Wilson's highly inappropriate remark sent to Ann Coulter's twitter account, accusing her of charging Trump for illicit and highly disgusting sex acts, for daring to support Trump. The Common Sense Show encourages and supports any defamation and harassment legal action that Coulter would see fit to take against Wilson. The Communists are running the Democratic Party, and the perverts and neocons are in charge on the GOP side.
Send a message to Wilson's twitter account and let him know what a fine job he is doing by setting such an outstanding example for our children on how to aspire to be a good, decent, and moral human being, while pursuing one's own agenda. Thank you, Rick Wilson, for allowing my son to see why his dad must continue to expose your kind of filthy politics to the nation.
After you let Wilson know how you feel about his character as a high-ranking consultant in the GOP, send a good faith message to the Secret Service and report Rick Wilson and ask if they are going to do their job, which is to protect Presidential candidates.
From the Secret Service: Time-sensitive or critical information should NOT be sent via email. Please contact your nearest field office by telephone if you need immediate assistance. (Note-on the home page of the Secret Service, you will be able to find your local field office)
U.S. Secret Service
Office of Government and Public Affairs
245 Murray Ln,
Washington, DC 20223
202-406-5708
Then send Attorney General Loretta Lynch a request to prosecute both Rick Wilson and MSNBC for violating Federal laws, which prevent both the intent to assassinate and threats to do so—laws which were passed after Bobby Kennedy met his fate for challenging the administration on Vietnam and other related issues. If MSNBC did not report this statement by Wilson, they should be in a lot of trouble. Make sure to ask Lynch's office if they are going to do their job or continue to only persecute members of the Independent Media for doing daring to tell the truth.
There can be no doubt that the failure of the Obama administration to prosecute these two thugs for their advocating of deadly violence against a legitimate Presidential candidate makes this administration an accomplice to any action that is taken against Donald Trump. In fact, one could legally argue that, if and when Donald Trump is assassinated, this administration, in the form of Lynch and Obama, is an accomplice before the fact because of their apparent depraved indifference to the safety of Donald Trump. Let's give this administration the opportunity to do the right thing.
Department of Justice Main Switchboard – 202-514-2000
I have no illusions about the people being able to control the outcome of any presidential race. Each side will have to come up with a billion dollars just to get through the primaries. The people's trivial $5, 10, 15, 100 dollar donations mean nothing compared to the millions put out by the oil companies, the pharmaceuticals, and the military industrial complex. We have little say in who the candidates for both parties will be. Third party candidates are outspent, and their message is only heard by a scant few. TV media time picks the candidates for us, with strong guidance from the puppeteers behind the scenes.
However, in this instance, Donald Trump has filled the Ron Paul void. He has the money to be a serious contender, irrespective of what the corporatocracy machine would dictate. At one time, I doubted the staying power and the sincerity of Trump's campaign. I have not resolved all my doubts, yet, I largely believe in the old saying that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." When two prominent GOP figures break the law and are calling for the assassination of one of their own party members, we can see how strongly our political machines are controlled.
Subsequently, The Common Sense Show officially endorses the candidacy of Donald Trump. No, we do not agree with all of his views. But, for the most part, he is saying what has needed to be said for a long time. Perhaps his candidacy can bring a much needed end to political correctness. Political correctness is the main method by which the globalists attempt to control the debate. If you are against Hillary Clinton, you are obviously against women's rights. If you are against Obama's communist policies, you must be a racist or a traitor to your own kind. If you are against the nonsense of climate change and CO2 management needs, you are a climate denier and an eco-terrorist. A Donald Trump campaign could help the people gain some measure of control over the dialogue.
Soon, the Main Stream Media will have a choice. Will they continue down the path of public irrelevancy and plummeting ratings, or will they begin to tell the public the truth in order to save their ratings and their collective jobs? Remember, TPTB wants Clinton vs. Cruz. This is clearly not in the best interest of the country.
Meanwhile, I am calling on all Americans to do their civic duty. When you hear or see a threat against Trump, report it to the proper authorities. Will any of this make any difference? No question, the odds are long. However, we have a choice on how we win or lose. We can acquiesce and go down without a whimper, or we can rise up and invoke the power of Christ and take on these demons who hold so many of the centers of power. Choose now, because time is short."

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/12/2-gop ... 2R5EM1F.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"Donald Trump has filled the Ron Paul void." ? Not hardly. He may well get more popular support than Ron Paul got, but he is definitely no Ron Paul.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"As Western civilization debates what to do with thousands of Muslim refugees, a cautionary tale about gratitude and assimilation emerges from Minnesota, where the fact that society helps those in crisis ward off hunger is not enough for some. An Islamic women’s advocacy group has demanded that one county government require a low-price, halal food shelf for Muslims on taxpayer-funded food stamps. The Isuroon Project claims that a “desperate need” exists. The project would cost taxpayers $150,000. The government rejected the request. However, the group has gone public with its demand. “Isuroon has reached out for Hennepin County’s support for the Ethnic Food Shelf, and has cooperated fully with the Hennepin County commissioner’s office and provided the county with their required qualifications,” the group said in a statement. “The commissioner’s office has ignored Isuroon’s requests for review and the community needs to respond to let the public know what has transpired.”
http://patriotupdate.com/muslims-on-foo ... shock-you/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

I read an article recently, that although I didn't like what I read is most likely correct.

Prediction was that if the world continues on as is with nothing major before the election, Hillary wins.
If there is a major financial crisis Bernie Sanders wins (not really sure if I buy that.)
And if there is a major terrorist attack on U.S. soil, Trump wins...

I believe Trump to be a Clinton sock puppet anyway, and a lot can happen in the next 10 months.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

There is no way in hell Trump wins. If he could prove definitively that the resurrected Christ appeared and blessed his campaign, most people who aren't exceeding zealots or really, really easily swayed by energetic but mindless piffle, most of the country and the majority of people with common sense still would not vote for him. His Howard Dean type "Scream extremist views until you have a following" lunacy won't get you very far, though it's certainly newsworthy and energizes people about how sick they are of politicians.

Common sense, however, catches up with most any who have a modicum of it before voting time actually arrives and they realize they've been hoodwinked by a narcissistic demagogue.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://freedomforce.com/8581/atlanta-to ... ork-tests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

We should know it would happen.
dc

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://patriotupdate.com/glorious-video ... rand-paul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Senator Rand Paul.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

VIETNAM VET FROZE TO DEATH, ARE DETROIT POLICIES TO BLAME?

"The Detroit Free Press reported John Skelley, 69, was found dead in his home after his service was disconnected by Consumers Energy.
According to Michigan Public Service Commission spokeswoman Judy Palnau, utility companies are prohibited from from shutting off heat to homes of residents aged 65 and older during the winter.
“That doesn’t mean they don’t have to pay; that just means they can’t be shut off,” she said. “But other folks could find themselves in shutoff situations, but before they have a problem, they should contact their utility company. There are several programs that they can get on that can protect against shutoffs.”
Consumers Energy said their records indicated a man named Joseph Mixen lived at the Hazel Park home and had an outstanding balance of $760.28 – they were unaware Skelley was living in the home.
Consumers spokeswoman Deborah Dodd said shutoff notices were sent on Dec. 18, Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, but the mail was not returned and Mixen didn’t have a phone number on record.
“It’s very unfortunate,” Dodd said. “We had no idea that anyone else was living with him. … We need our customers to let us know if they’re having problems, the sooner the better. We can’t help you if we don’t know you need help.”
Skelley’s daughter, Tanya Mitchell, told reporters that her father was suffering from throat cancer but had been out of touch with his family, who did not know where he was living.
Skelley will receive a full military funeral, thanks to Hangin’ with the Heroes, a Detroit-based organization that helps veterans.
I’ve only heard of this problem happening in Detroit. Does it have anything to do with the Democrats policies running that once city of the future, into the ground? They’ve been in charge of it for 30 years.”
http://patriotupdate.com/vietnam-vet-fr ... -to-blame/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Elizabeth wrote:VIETNAM VET FROZE TO DEATH, ARE DETROIT POLICIES TO BLAME?

"The Detroit Free Press reported John Skelley, 69, was found dead in his home after his service was disconnected by Consumers Energy.
According to Michigan Public Service Commission spokeswoman Judy Palnau, utility companies are prohibited from from shutting off heat to homes of residents aged 65 and older during the winter.
“That doesn’t mean they don’t have to pay; that just means they can’t be shut off,” she said. “But other folks could find themselves in shutoff situations, but before they have a problem, they should contact their utility company. There are several programs that they can get on that can protect against shutoffs.”
Consumers Energy said their records indicated a man named Joseph Mixen lived at the Hazel Park home and had an outstanding balance of $760.28 – they were unaware Skelley was living in the home.
Consumers spokeswoman Deborah Dodd said shutoff notices were sent on Dec. 18, Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, but the mail was not returned and Mixen didn’t have a phone number on record.
“It’s very unfortunate,” Dodd said. “We had no idea that anyone else was living with him. … We need our customers to let us know if they’re having problems, the sooner the better. We can’t help you if we don’t know you need help.”
Skelley’s daughter, Tanya Mitchell, told reporters that her father was suffering from throat cancer but had been out of touch with his family, who did not know where he was living.
Skelley will receive a full military funeral, thanks to Hangin’ with the Heroes, a Detroit-based organization that helps veterans.
I’ve only heard of this problem happening in Detroit. Does it have anything to do with the Democrats policies running that once city of the future, into the ground? They’ve been in charge of it for 30 years.”
http://patriotupdate.com/vietnam-vet-fr ... -to-blame/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well the collapse of the auto industry can't really be blamed on Democrats or Republicans or anyone, companies couldn't make it there, so had to move.
My mom lives in a town like that, though it's government is corrupt and inept, so maybe you could be right I don't know. It's no one's fault they lost their industry but it is someone's fault that it looks like Mad Max.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

skmo wrote:There is no way in hell Trump wins. If he could prove definitively that the resurrected Christ appeared and blessed his campaign, most people who aren't exceeding zealots or really, really easily swayed by energetic but mindless piffle, most of the country and the majority of people with common sense still would not vote for him. His Howard Dean type "Scream extremist views until you have a following" lunacy won't get you very far, though it's certainly newsworthy and energizes people about how sick they are of politicians.

Common sense, however, catches up with most any who have a modicum of it before voting time actually arrives and they realize they've been hoodwinked by a narcissistic demagogue.

Some of the worst people in history were elected doing that.
Troubled times makes people turn to strange places.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Elizabeth wrote:
Graham made the announcement after the Paul Ryan-Mitch McConnell led Congress passed a “wasteful” trillion dollar spending bill that funds the baby organ harvesters at Planned Parenthood.
Weren't those video's proven to be hoaxes?

I mean it wouldn't surprise me that if they were people would still hold them up as some sort of proof because they want it to be.
Like real world facts are determined by feelings and belief.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Sirocco wrote:Some of the worst people in history were elected doing that.
True, but in the elections where I've seen someone doing that in the elections in this country (in the last half Century, anyway) it hasn't worked. The Howard Dean example I gave is one. He got really fired up, promoted some of the wild fringe elements enthusiastically, and he was the front runner for a little while, at least until people realized he was as crazy as a crack house rat. Before that there was Ross Perot. He was a quintessential outsider to politics who ran because he hated Bush '41 and he knew he could draw some of the conservative vote away from Bush if he pandered to the element dissatisfied with politics as usual. It was purely because of him that we got Slick Willy in office in '92. In 2000, Ralphie Nader ran as the "Green Party" nominee. (I think they're called that because they look at who they have running and they turn green with nausea.) He took enough support away on the fringe left to help W pull off a win against Kerry.

Obamao has had a seriously anti-American feel during his presidency. From his admiration of and praise to Muslims, his relationship to a pastor who has been seen screaming "God Bless the United States of America? NO! God D _ _ _ the United States of America!" to a wife who explained that with her husband on the verge of winning the presidency, that was the first time she was proud to be an American - he's been seen as anti-USA. When you combine this with the growing discontent that Bush started with the "Patriot" Act and "Obamacare" being signed into law over the objections of a supermajority of the population, anti-government sentiments have never been higher among the conservatives. We weren't this sick of government at the end of Clinton's presidency regardless of the revelations of a blue dress and cigars.

Trump's beat-his-chest rhetoric resonates, but I certainly hope the conservative base hasn't been so blinded that they'll go for this chump. I do believe Trump is running as a false flag operation to help the hildabeast get elected, but I don't believe that really matters, either. The media long ago determined "she" would be elected the next prez, and I don't believe much else matters. God could step in and change things, but I believe He's going to allow us to make our own fatal mistakes.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

skmo wrote:
Sirocco wrote:Some of the worst people in history were elected doing that.
True, but in the elections where I've seen someone doing that in the elections in this country (in the last half Century, anyway) it hasn't worked. The Howard Dean example I gave is one. He got really fired up, promoted some of the wild fringe elements enthusiastically, and he was the front runner for a little while, at least until people realized he was as crazy as a crack house rat. Before that there was Ross Perot. He was a quintessential outsider to politics who ran because he hated Bush '41 and he knew he could draw some of the conservative vote away from Bush if he pandered to the element dissatisfied with politics as usual. It was purely because of him that we got Slick Willy in office in '92. In 2000, Ralphie Nader ran as the "Green Party" nominee. (I think they're called that because they look at who they have running and they turn green with nausea.) He took enough support away on the fringe left to help W pull off a win against Kerry.

Obamao has had a seriously anti-American feel during his presidency. From his admiration of and praise to Muslims, his relationship to a pastor who has been seen screaming "God Bless the United States of America? NO! God D _ _ _ the United States of America!" to a wife who explained that with her husband on the verge of winning the presidency, that was the first time she was proud to be an American - he's been seen as anti-USA. When you combine this with the growing discontent that Bush started with the "Patriot" Act and "Obamacare" being signed into law over the objections of a supermajority of the population, anti-government sentiments have never been higher among the conservatives. We weren't this sick of government at the end of Clinton's presidency regardless of the revelations of a blue dress and cigars.

Trump's beat-his-chest rhetoric resonates, but I certainly hope the conservative base hasn't been so blinded that they'll go for this chump. I do believe Trump is running as a false flag operation to help the hildabeast get elected, but I don't believe that really matters, either. The media long ago determined "she" would be elected the next prez, and I don't believe much else matters. God could step in and change things, but I believe He's going to allow us to make our own fatal mistakes.
Not sure why God would step in now... or if God will ever step in.
I can't imagine something so grand would care about human politics, that's like us caring about how ant colonies are run.
I know the US wants to think it's the best and even tries to convince everyone around them that the divine made them great, but it really just sounds silly to non Americans, and at times funny.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Sirocco wrote:Not sure why God would step in now... or if God will ever step in.
I'm not saying He would, but I believe that would likely be the only way the hildabeast could lose the presidency.

[quoteI know the US wants to think it's the best and even tries to convince everyone around them that the divine made them great, but it really just sounds silly to non Americans, and at times funny.[/quote]

This clip has some profane language. I don't know what the series is like as I've never seen an episode (nor do I care to since HBO did it) and I don't agree with all the character says, but some of it does, indeed, ring true.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el ... sh-n497231" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"South Carolina senator and onetime GOP presidential candidate Lindsey Graham endorsed Jeb Bush Friday, backing the former Florida governor despite flagging poll numbers nationwide and in key primary states. With his endorsement came explanations as to why he didn't support other candidates, including Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, whom he says is not ready.
At a news conference in South Carolina Friday, Graham, who focused his short-lived presidential bid on national security, said he liked what he heard from Bush at the debate the previous night.
"Last night I heard from Jeb Bush the right answer," Graham said with Bush at his side. "He demonstrated somebody in my view who is ready on day one to be commander-in-chief."
Rubio, Graham said, is not ready on day one. "I like Marco," Graham said on MSNBC, adding that Rubio will be president one day but not in 2016. "At 44 I wasn't ready to be president."
Graham said, adding that Bush has the right "temperament" to be president.
"His endorsement is very meaningful and along with it come a lot of friends and supporters of his," Bush said in an appearance on FOX News, which first broke the story of the nod.
Graham dropped out of the presidential contest on December 21 after failing to gain traction in the race
Bush's camp hopes that Graham's long tenure as a South Carolina lawmaker could prompt some voters to give him a second look.
On Friday morning, Bush praised Graham's foreign policy experience.
"Lindsey Graham is probably the most knowledgeable person on the Hill as it related to national security, military affairs and foreign policy," he said. "

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://patriotsandpolitics.com/navy-sea ... o-a-koran/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Former Navy SEAL Benjamin Smith was speaking at the South Carolina Tea Party Coalition Convention, January 19, 2014. He called Barack Obama a Communist and a Muslim traitor.”

http://patriotsandpolitics.com/navy-sea ... o-a-koran/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://lastresistance.com/15782/ted-cru ... s-comment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ted Cruz:
“I apologize to the millions of New Yorkers who have been let down by liberal politicians in that state.
I apologize to the hard working men and women of the state of New York who have been denied jobs because Governor Cuomo won’t allow fracking. Even though there had been many high paying jobs just south in Pennsylvania, New Yorkers are denied the ability to provide for their families.
I apologize to all the pro-life and pro-marriage and pro-second amendment New Yorkers who were told by Governor Cuomo that they have no place in New York because that’s not who New Yorkers are.
I apologize to all the small businesses who have been driven out of New York city by crushing taxes and regulations.
I apologize to the millions of unborn children, many African-American and Hispanic, whose lives have been taken by politicians who relentlessly promote abortion on demand with no limitations.
I apologize to all of the African-American children who Mayor de Blasio tried to throw out of their charter schools that were providing a lifeline to the American Dream.
I apologize to the people of New York who are offended when the New York Daily News lambastes anyone who prays for victims of violence.
I apologize to the people of faith who are ridiculed and insulted by the New York media.
And I apologize to all the cops and the firefighters and 9/11 heroes who had no choice but to stand and turn their backs on Mayor de Blasio, because Mayor de Blasio over and over again stands with the looters and criminals rather than the brave men and women of the law.
And to the millions of conservatives–working men and women in New York, with common sense values, trapped by the failures of your political leaders–I am glad to tell you, help us on the way. 2016, like 1980, will bring America back.”
Boom. That’s how you handle preening faux outrage "

http://lastresistance.com/15782/ted-cru ... 6m086uw.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"The Black Lives Matter movement (BLM) casts itself as a spontaneous uprising born of inner city frustration, but is, in fact, the latest and most dangerous face of a web of well-funded communist/socialist organizations that have been agitating against America for decades. Its agitation has provoked police killings and other violence, lawlessness and unrest in minority communities throughout the U.S. If allowed to continue, that agitation could devolve into anarchy and civil war. The BLM crowd appears to be spoiling for just such an outcome.
Nevertheless, BLM appears to be exercising considerable leverage over the Democratic Party, in part by pressuring and intimidating Democratic candidates such as Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders (VT) into embracing their cause. The movement could also assist President Obama’s exploitation of racial divisions in society beyond his final term in office.
This report examines in detail, for the first time, how communist groups have manipulated the cause of Black Lives Matter, and how money from liberal foundations has made it all possible.
Leftist origins:
Exploiting blacks to promote Marxist revolution is an old tactic. The late Larry Grathwohl, former FBI informant in the Weather Underground, understood from personal experience how white communists exploited blacks and other minority groups. He said that Weather Underground terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn regarded Barack Obama, whose political career they sponsored, as a tool – a puppet – to use against white America. Obama’s legacy at home will certainly include more racial division.
BLM launched in 2013 with a Twitter hashtag, #BlackLivesMatter, after neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman was acquitted in the Trayvon Martin killing. Radical Left activists Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and Opal Tometi claim credit for the slogan and hashtag. Following the Michael Brown shooting in August 2014, Dream Defenders, an organization led by Working Families Party (ACORN) activist and Occupy Wall Street anarchist Nelini Stamp, popularized the phrase “Hands Up–Don’t Shoot!” which has since become BLM’s widely recognized slogan.
Garza, Cullors and Tometi all work for front groups of the Freedom Road Socialist Organisation (FRSO), one of the four largest radical Left organizations in the country. The others are the Communist Party USA (CPUSA), Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), and the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism (CCDS). Nelini Stamp’s ACORN – now rebranded under a variety of different names – works with all four organizations, and Dream Defenders is backed by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), the ACLU, the Southern Poverty Law Center and others.
FRSO is a hereditary descendant of the New Communist Movement, which was inspired by Mao and the many communist revolutions throughout the world in the 1960s and 1970s. FRSO split into two separate groups in 1999, FRSO/Fight Back and FRSO/OSCL (Freedom Road Socialist Organization/Organizaciόn Socialista del Camino para la Libertad). Black Lives Matter and its founders are allied with the latter group. Future references to FRSO in this article refer to FRSO/OSCL.
FRSO is comprised of dozens of groups. The radical Left model is based on alliances of many organizations that are working on separate issues but dedicated ultimately to the same thing: overthrowing our society in order to replace it with a hardcore socialist (read communist) one.
The goal is to present the appearance of a formidable mass of organizations. Some are large, but many are little more than a website or Facebook page. When necessary, they can all come together to promote the cause du jour. The deaths of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown and others were mere pretexts for socialist agitation. The real enemy is “the system.” This is why the BLM crowd denies the facts of those cases. As Stamp has said, “we are actually trying to change the capitalist system we have today because it’s not working for any of us.”
BLM is one of many projects undertaken by the FRSO. Except for the website, blacklivesmatter.com, there is no actual organization. The website implicitly acknowledges this, describing #BlackLivesMatter as “an online forum intended to build connections between Black people and our allies to fight anti-Black racism, to spark dialogue among Black people, and to facilitate the types of connections necessary to encourage social action and engagement.”
FRSO membership is disproportionately represented by blacks, gays and women, and self-consciously emphasizes those issues. Garza, who penned a “Herstory” of BLM, is a ” queer,” black veteran activist involved in numerous FRSO organizations. Her resumé includes:

• Special projects director, National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA)
• Executive Director, People Organized to Win Employment Rights (POWER)
• Board member, School of Unity and Liberation (SOUL)
• 2011 Board Chair, Right to the City Alliance (RTTC)
Cullors describes herself as a “working class, queer, black woman.” She claims the country killed her father, a drug addict. At a 2015 Netroots Nation conference, Cullors led chants shouting, “If I die in police custody, burn everything down… rise the f— up! That is the only way mother—–s like you will listen!” Cullors founded and directs Dignity and Power Now (DPN), which claims to seek “dignity and power of incarcerated people, their families, and communities.”
Cullors was trained by Eric Mann, a former Weather Underground leader who exhorts followers to become “anti-racist, anti-imperialist” activists. Mann runs another FRSO front, the Labor/Community Strategy Center. Like most professional leftists, he makes good money – over $225,000 annually – living in “the system” he advocates destroying.
Tometi is the daughter of illegal aliens from Nigeria. While in college, she worked for the ACLU defending illegal aliens against “vigilantes” opposed to illegal immigration. She is currently the executive director of Black Alliance for Just Immigration (BAJI)."

http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/the-roots-of ... aJA6IbD.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Continued:
"The funding:
FRSO/BLM organizations are generously supported by a universe of wealthy foundations. Some, like those employing BLM founders Garza and Tometi, receive money directly. Others, like Cullors’ DPN, are financed by organizations designed specifically to underwrite the activities of others. Amounts reflect donations received over approximately the past decade.
NDWA (Garza) – 2013 revenues were $5.5 million. The NDWA board includes two members of CASA de Maryland, the Illegals’ version of ACORN. CASA also received a grant from NDWA in 2013, as did the radical Left Institute for Policy Studies. NDWA receives funding from the following foundations:
POWER (Garza) – 2013 revenues were $456,676, including $92,173 in government grants. POWER evolved from the now defunct communist group STORM (Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement). Obama’s former “Green Jobs Czar” the self-described communist, Van Jones, served on STORM’s board.
RTTC (Garza) – 2013 revenues were $248,190. RTTC is a nationwide network of activist organizations that resists the gentrification of inner cities because it displaces “low-income people, people of color, marginalized LGBTQ communities, and youths of color…”
SOUL (Garza) – Despite its small size (2013 revenues at $110,304), SOUL claims to have trained 679 organizers in 2013.
BAJI (Tometi) – 2013 revenues were $321,570. This modest organization only lists two full-time staff, yet receives support from many recognizable foundations.
Cullors’ DPN is underwritten by Community Partners, a Los Angeles based non-profit with a $24 million budget (including $4 million in government grants) that fiscally sponsors non-profits. It is not an FRSO organisation.
Advancement Project (AP) – an FRSO group that funds a variety of radical causes. AP sees America as a racist, oppressive nation and, according to Discover the Networks, “works to organize ‘communities of color’ into politically cohesive units while disseminating its leftist worldviews and values as broadly as possible by way of a sophisticated communications department.” Its 2013 revenues were $11.3 million.
Movement Strategy Center (MSC) – also facilitates funding, development and advancement of FRSO organizations. Its 2013 revenues were $7.5 million, including $156,032 in government grants."

http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/the-roots-of ... aJA6IbD.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;