Julie Rowe to write a third book

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Julie Rowe to write a third book

Post by AI2.0 »

Yes, she's back in the news, though she's said she was leaving the public eye, a couple of times: First in the Summer, she said she was ending her speaking engagements end of July, and ended her energy sessions, but she was on the Kate Dalley show a couple of months later discussing her 'visions'. Then end of Sept. she posted on her website that she was 'taking my life back' and stated:
"Contracts null and void on energy sessions," Rowe wrote, referring to group healing sessions she helped lead by telephone. "If you have concerns about this please refer to the contracts you have signed and take care of yourself. Need to focus on my own family, my own health, and my own duties, obligations, and responsibilities."........"That is my additional official statement. Not finished with the work but am finished with this portion of the word," ... "Today. Right now. Immediately. No need to wait to start living your greater tomorrow."

http://kutv.com/news/local/controversia ... e-end-time

Then a couple of weeks later she announced the creation of her greater tomorrow charity, looking for volunteers to get involved.

Big surprise today; she's announced a third book. From her website:
http://julieroweprepare.com/updates/
November 24, 2015 · authorjulie
Excited to Announce a Third Book!

Excited to let you know that I will have a third book released this coming February 2016!

This book will include information from both book one and book two, but will also have some additional information included.

I will once again be publishing with Chad Daybell of Springcreek Books.

The plan is to write this book to a more general audience and to include more updates and some of the information I am now able to share. Time is close.

Originally I thought I was finished after book two. Several weeks ago I began feeling a bit different about that idea. After several days and nights of contemplation and being shown that there was more for me to write – I came to the conclusion that I am in fact supposed to write another book.

So much for putting a rumor to rest!

A week ago today I agreed to work with Chad on another book and within a matter of hours was given the title of book three. Organization is under way!

“From Tragedy to Destiny” will include more about me, my health journey, some of why I was in the hospital to begin with, and more information about what I was shown during my first NDE in 2004. It will also include some of what I have been shown since 2004, either in “reminder” dreams and visions, and/or additional dreams and visions that have come in the last ten plus years.

There are major storms on the horizon and I am ready to shout it from the rooftops!

Get ready for some more excitement on the home front. Major markers in the road.

This book will be available in both audio and in Spanish.

Spread the word!

— Julie
The problem with this is that she firmly stated on this website that she would not write any more books--some of you may remember that conversation with her over a year ago. She said there would be no more books:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34261&start=60
Additionally - I am only writing this second book because the Lord has told me to do it. There is more information I am to share and this second book serves several purposes ====one of which is as an additional voice of warning. There will not be a third book. This is it. After this book is out, I have completed my assignment in writing what I am supposed to share. Yes, some of the second book will take into account some of the questions people have asked, but that is only a very small fraction of the message. The majority of the book contains much more than that.
To me, the fact that she's now writing a third book once again calls into question her claims. I think this is evidence that she craves attention and has found it through being someone who has 'seen the future' and can tell people about it and of course--there is money in these books.
Last edited by AI2.0 on November 24th, 2015, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Julie Rowe to write a third book

Post by rewcox »

Good for her. I'm not buying!
AI2.0 wrote:Yes, she's back in the news, though she's said she was leaving the public eye, a couple of times: First in the Summer, she said she was ending her speaking engagements end of July, and ended her energy sessions, but she was on the Kate Dalley show a couple of months later discussing her 'visions'. Then end of Sept. she posted on her website that she was 'taking my life back' and stated:
"Contracts null and void on energy sessions," Rowe wrote, referring to group healing sessions she helped lead by telephone. "If you have concerns about this please refer to the contracts you have signed and take care of yourself. Need to focus on my own family, my own health, and my own duties, obligations, and responsibilities."........"That is my additional official statement. Not finished with the work but am finished with this portion of the word," ... "Today. Right now. Immediately. No need to wait to start living your greater tomorrow."

Then a couple of weeks later she announced the creation of her greater tomorrow charity, looking for volunteers to get involved.

Big surprise today; she's announced a third book. From her website:
http://julieroweprepare.com/updates/
November 24, 2015 · authorjulie
Excited to Announce a Third Book!

Excited to let you know that I will have a third book released this coming February 2016!

This book will include information from both book one and book two, but will also have some additional information included.

I will once again be publishing with Chad Daybell of Springcreek Books.

The plan is to write this book to a more general audience and to include more updates and some of the information I am now able to share. Time is close.

Originally I thought I was finished after book two. Several weeks ago I began feeling a bit different about that idea. After several days and nights of contemplation and being shown that there was more for me to write – I came to the conclusion that I am in fact supposed to write another book.

So much for putting a rumor to rest!

A week ago today I agreed to work with Chad on another book and within a matter of hours was given the title of book three. Organization is under way!

“From Tragedy to Destiny” will include more about me, my health journey, some of why I was in the hospital to begin with, and more information about what I was shown during my first NDE in 2004. It will also include some of what I have been shown since 2004, either in “reminder” dreams and visions, and/or additional dreams and visions that have come in the last ten plus years.

There are major storms on the horizon and I am ready to shout it from the rooftops!

Get ready for some more excitement on the home front. Major markers in the road.

This book will be available in both audio and in Spanish.

Spread the word!

— Julie
The problem with this is that she firmly stated on this website that she would not write any more books--some of you may remember that conversation with her over a year ago. She said there would be no more books:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34261&start=60
Additionally - I am only writing this second book because the Lord has told me to do it. There is more information I am to share and this second book serves several purposes ====one of which is as an additional voice of warning. There will not be a third book. This is it. After this book is out, I have completed my assignment in writing what I am supposed to share. Yes, some of the second book will take into account some of the questions people have asked, but that is only a very small fraction of the message. The majority of the book contains much more than that.
To me, the fact that she's now writing a third book once again calls into question her claims. I think this is evidence that she craves attention and has found it through being someone who has 'seen the future' and can tell people about it and of course--there is money in these books.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I rest my case.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

I really wish she would take her 15 minutes of fame with her and vanish into obscurity, where she belongs.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

This is what happens when you practice energy healing. You listen to "familiar spirits" and not to the Holy Ghost. She is delusional if she thinks this is a good idea. She is on a slippery slope just like all the energy believers on this forum! So sad...

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Maybe she changed her mind. Am I the only one who decides to do (or not do) something, then changes their mind? I wouldn't like to be raked over the coals and treated like backyard gossip (or is that trash?) simply because I had changed my mind about something.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Julie Rowe = false Prophetess and opportunist. :ymsick:

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

"I haven't read AVOW in some time, but in light of Julie Rowe announcing that she is in fact writing a third book, I was curious to see what people were saying. Ran across something about Jake Hilton first thing. Apparently his sister has written a message and sent it
To some people who were Facebook friends with him.

"I saw that you know my brother Jake Hilton...I think a little more needs to be shared about what's going on with him and his final documentary. My spirit hasn't been weighed down this heavy in a long time and my family is desperate for help. My brother has gone apostate, and this will be apparent in his final documentary. My family in many ways has been lain down "upon our sickbeds" over this. I feel as though my brother has died, and the devil has replaced him. His final documentary explains--with "scriptural evidence"-- why the church has gone astray--and it's being worked on being uploaded to YouTube as we speak. He has been visited by a "personage" whom he believes is Jesus Christ. He can't see past his own pride, and doesn't realize that this was the devil in the guise of an angel of light, or it might have been an actual Anti-Christ--who possesses a body. This is why he's so lost right now. Please--with all the energy of my soul--please pray that the glitches which have been happening with his documentary upload will continue, and that it won't see the light of day. Here's my Halloween message: the devil is quite real--I know this personally. He uses the "very elect" and those who are persuasive speakers and have "much learning" to lead the weak and questioning members of the church astray. After the movie is uploaded, my brother will move his family to a cult near Canada and we will probably never see him, or my beloved 1 year old niece Rhea, again. Please pray that he will be "shocked" somehow into confessing what Kirihor eventually did: "the devil hath deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and said unto me: go and reclaim this people, for many have all gone astray after an unknown God". Please pray for him to have an Alma the Younger experience, that he may no longer "murder" many of God's children as outlined in Alma 36:14. Like the church in Mosiah's time, there is power in collective prayer. Thanks"

I guess the sifting is going on everywhere.

bornfree
captain of 100

Post by bornfree »

She has a very active imagination, that's all I can say. As far as stating she would not write another book, then changing her mind, money talks and there are a lot of gullible people.

idahommie
captain of 100

Post by idahommie »

Aren't we supposed to be living in tent cities and experiencing all kinds of abhorations by February of next year? Isn't her publisher in the earthquake zone of great magnitude?
The fact that people still believe this woman is astonishing, actually not really, after all, people believe Ron Paul is an honorable man, that 9-11 was an inside job, the CIA staged the Recent French attacks and that we didn't land men on the moon, so people will believe anything I guess.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

idahommie wrote:Aren't we supposed to be living in tent cities and experiencing all kinds of abhorations by February of next year? Isn't her publisher in the earthquake zone of great magnitude?
The fact that people still believe this woman is astonishing, actually not really, after all, people believe Ron Paul is an honorable man, that 9-11 was an inside job, the CIA staged the Recent French attacks and that we didn't land men on the moon, so people will believe anything I guess.

I am certainly not a fan of the woman, as she capitalizes on the confusion that runs rampant in the world. Said confusion makes it difficult to separate fact from fiction at times, hence the great number of conspiracy theories out there. But what is another name for conspiracy? Secret combination. We know those are also prevalent in the world, so take care to neither dismiss or believe what you hear or read.
I'm pretty sure this is one of the reasons it is imperative that we listen for the still, small voice.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

I'm amazed at the number of mormons who fawn over these dreams and stuff, even after the dates are missed.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

rewcox wrote:I'm amazed at the number of mormons who fawn over these dreams and stuff, even after the dates are missed.
Me too.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

capctr wrote:"I haven't read AVOW in some time, but in light of Julie Rowe announcing that she is in fact writing a third book, I was curious to see what people were saying. Ran across something about Jake Hilton first thing. Apparently his sister has written a message and sent it

"I saw that you know my brother Jake Hilton...I think a little more needs to be shared about what's going on with him and his final documentary. My spirit hasn't been weighed down this heavy in a long time and my family is desperate for help. My brother has gone apostate, and this will be apparent in his final documentary. My family in many ways has been lain down "upon our sickbeds" over this. I feel as though my brother has died, and the devil has replaced him. His final documentary explains--with "scriptural evidence"-- why the church has gone astray--and it's being worked on being uploaded to YouTube as we speak. He has been visited by a "personage" whom he believes is Jesus Christ. He can't see past his own pride, and doesn't realize that this was the devil in the guise of an angel of light, or it might have been an actual Anti-Christ--who possesses a body. This is why he's so lost right now. Please--with all the energy of my soul--please pray that the glitches which have been happening with his documentary upload will continue, and that it won't see the light of day. Here's my Halloween message: the devil is quite real--I know this personally. He uses the "very elect" and those who are persuasive speakers and have "much learning" to lead the weak and questioning members of the church astray. After the movie is uploaded, my brother will move his family to a cult near Canada and we will probably never see him, or my beloved 1 year old niece Rhea, again. Please pray that he will be "shocked" somehow into confessing what Kirihor eventually did: "the devil hath deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and said unto me: go and reclaim this people, for many have all gone astray after an unknown God". Please pray for him to have an Alma the Younger experience, that he may no longer "murder" many of God's children as outlined in Alma 36:14. Like the church in Mosiah's time, there is power in collective prayer. Thanks"

Who is Jake Hilton, and how is he related to Julie Rowe or AVOW? Just curious.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

A Random Phrase wrote:Maybe she changed her mind. Am I the only one who decides to do (or not do) something, then changes their mind? I wouldn't like to be raked over the coals and treated like backyard gossip (or is that trash?) simply because I had changed my mind about something.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

mirkwood wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:Maybe she changed her mind. Am I the only one who decides to do (or not do) something, then changes their mind? I wouldn't like to be raked over the coals and treated like backyard gossip (or is that trash?) simply because I had changed my mind about something.

She changed her mind all right. She wanted more limelight and fortune.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

In most cases, this is a perfectly acceptable explanation, but not here, I'm afraid. As Mirkwood emphasized, Julie Rowe said about the second book "I am only writing this second book because the Lord has told me to do it." then she goes one to say; "There will not be a third book. This is it. After this book is out,I have completed my assignment in writing what I am supposed to share." She did not have to say this, no one prompted it and she led us to believe that the Lord did not require any more books. Now she says she's writing a third book; red flag is that if she's true to what she said in this post, will be nothing new in this 3rd book because she said her first two books comprise all that she is 'supposed to share'. And if she's now writing books that she's not commanded to, what's to stop her from continuing? She certainly has the audience for them.

And here is a concern which many of us have shared. If you've read her books and listened to her radio programs and read her posts on AVOW, she is adding to what she initially told and she does so by claiming an authority from continuing dreams and visions. Because of this, you either must believe she is a Prophetess with an open and ongoing conduit with God or she's pretending to it. While some claim she's helping them see the urgency of having food storage, what else is she teaching them? What other impressions is she creating in some of her readers? That's the danger if what she's teaching is not correct.

I also feel it is unfair to accuse me of passing along 'backyard gossip' or 'trash'. Julie is a public figure, she puts herself out for public scrutiny with her books, lectures and radio interviews and I quoted HER OWN WORDS, from her website and from one of her own posts on this forum. That is not gossip; I'm not spreading questionable information behind her back. And, even her followers ought to be interested to know that she once told us on this board that there would not be a third book. I think they believe her claims that she's only written these books because God told her to and so it's valuable for assessing those claims, IMO.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

capctr wrote:He has been visited by a "personage" whom he believes is Jesus Christ. He can't see past his own pride, and doesn't realize that this was the devil in the guise of an angel of light
I'm curious as to how they have an actual knowledge this was not Christ. (I don't have an opinion one way or the other about this unknown person; I'm just wondering how they can be so sure. The traditions they've had handed down or the things they believe sans actual experiences for themselves with heaven and hell would not give them this knowledge. Perhaps the man has begun robbing or killing people?)

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

That does sound most definite. Thanks, Mirk.
mirkwood wrote:

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

mirkwood wrote:She changed her mind all right. She wanted more limelight and fortune.
:))

You could be right . . . or wrong. I don't know this woman personally and I couldn't listen to her interview for very long. She's "not my cup of tea."

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

AI2.0 wrote:I also feel it is unfair to accuse me of passing along 'backyard gossip' or 'trash'.
I apologize if it sounded as if I was accusing you of anything. I was referring to the thread in general when I said that, but not intending to accuse anyone who posted.

I don't have a horse in this race. I tried listening to one of her interviews and could not. To me, she is boring.

I can understand being worried about those who view her as some kind of prophetess, who go out and get in debt because of her, etc. At the same time, I think people will do what they will do. A fair warning is good, but one can come off as an alarmist (and, no, I'm not accusing/calling you an alarmist; you are not the only one who is worried about her) which makes people look more deeply to see what all of the hulabaloo is about.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

I think they believe her claims that she's only written these books because God told her to and so it's valuable for assessing those claims, IMO.
Good points. Yet those familiar with the Lord's voice (through scripture study, prayer, or whatever) will probably not be deceived - so, best for us to see if we are aware of the Lord's voice, and we can warn in a way that will touch others who are familiar with His voice. Those not familiar, those prone to follow every false voice that comes up may or may not listen to the warnings. Still, you have convinced me that it is a good thing that you have chosen to raise a warning voice against someone you view as harmful.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

capctr wrote:"I haven't read AVOW in some time, but in light of Julie Rowe announcing that she is in fact writing a third book, I was curious to see what people were saying. Ran across something about Jake Hilton first thing. Apparently his sister has written a message and sent it

Part of the scourge of the last days is the rise of false prophets and false teachers. This to me is one very good reason for not believing every person who makes these kinds of claims.

I'm curious about the area he's moving his family to. I wonder what 'cult' she's talking about that is near Canada?

There is a thread Jake Hilton (I assume it's the same person) in the Last Days section:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40552

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

A Random Phrase wrote:
I think they believe her claims that she's only written these books because God told her to and so it's valuable for assessing those claims, IMO.
Good points. Yet those familiar with the Lord's voice (through scripture study, prayer, or whatever) will probably not be deceived - so, best for us to see if we are aware of the Lord's voice, and we can warn in a way that will touch others who are familiar with His voice. Those not familiar, those prone to follow every false voice that comes up may or may not listen to the warnings. Still, you have convinced me that it is a good thing that you have chosen to raise a warning voice against someone you view as harmful.
I guess you could say I have a 'vested interest' in this topic because of the many years I've put into NDE's. I've got a number of NDE books and have been reading these claims since I was a teen. I've also attended the IANDS (International assoc. of Near Death Studies) meetings and listened to people share their stories for several years, so this topic always draws me in.

I also feel keenly the concern that there will arise 'false prophets' 'false teachers' and 'false christs' in the last days. Some of these people are sincere, but they aren't all. You are right, we must be careful to not be deceived and being familiar with the scriptures is a big part of that--also living the commandments and being worthy for the guidance of the Holy Ghost is a big part of not being deceived, IMO.

I view Julie Rowe as an opportunist--not always as 'harmful'--that would depend on the influence she has on individual people. If a person goes into debt, causes upheaval and fear in their family or is spending tons of money on energy healing because of Julie Rowe's influence, then that, to me, would be harmful. If they are reading her books and saying, 'I should get food storage', that's not harmful, though it's a sad state of affairs if people need Doomsayer books to do what Prophets have counseled for decades.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

I think the reason that people are drawn to people like Julie Rowe and others like her is that they say "this will happen , and then this will happen, and this specific city will have this, and this specific disaster will occur , for these reasons you need food storage or this or that"

So it's very specific.
The prophets have been saying to prepare, but they have been vague as to what will happen. That's probably why people heed the words more willingly of others.
Idk