Mormon Church purchases 2% of the state of Florida

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Mormon Church purchases 2% of the state of Florida

Post by friendsofthe »

Considering that the dollar my soon be worthless, this purchase of land my be wise indeed!
http://rt.com/usa/mormon-church-florida ... B.facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

commonwealth
captain of 100

Re: Mormon Church purchases 2% of the state of Florida

Post by commonwealth »

would make for a large place of refuge...

AGStacker
captain of 1,000

Post by AGStacker »

friendsofthe wrote:Considering that the dollar my soon be worthless, this purchase of land my be wise indeed!
http://rt.com/usa/mormon-church-florida ... B.facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The dollar isn't going to be worthless anytime soon. In fact it is about to break through to new highs in the coming months and years.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Can't distribute it out to the "Saints" for inheritances of over $14,000.00 value without a change in the tax code to allow such without penalty.

Good as a near term goal, for men like unto Melchizedek who worked on works of justice and peace, to labor to amend the tax code, to allow freely to distribute as in the days of Peter also, without any tax penalties but possible encouragement to the wealthy, and churches, and synagogues, and charities, to so do, in this nation under God, that seeks to establish liberty and justice for all, just need to include in that motto "One nation under God, with liberty and justice and inheritances for all". Even as it is written in Joshua 1:6 and D&C 42:30.

That the promises of the Very Eternal Father, even God, be fullfilled, to the fathers of old, of "inhertiances" in the "lands of promise" for their "children". ♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

It will take private citizens to labor to change the tax code along with their elected represenatives, as the church, as a 501(c)(3) established charity, is forbidden to engage in such practices as tax matters.

Spread the word among the men like unto Melchizedek and Enoch, to help assist in this "Ordinance of Justice" that would allow imparting of "covenants and deeds that cannot be broken" to the poor of this nation without any penalty. ♡

Hugh Jass
The Bishop

Post by Hugh Jass »

As prophets and seers, I'm sure the church leaders have seen the future and know about the next Florida housing boom and will be prepared to make bank when it reaches its peak. We all know that Jesus is looking for double digit returns on his investments to offset the losses in 2008 that are still nagging him.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Florida will have a natural bridge to the City of Enoch when it returns to the gulf.

Good move!

marktheshark
captain of 100

Post by marktheshark »

The Church bought this land almost 2 years ago...

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

The scriptures say not only double the return, but if stewardships were given, that he is looking for an hundred fold, as a return on investment. ♡

" And you are to be equal, or in other words, you are to have equal claims on the properties, for the benefit of managing the concerns of your stewardships, every man according to his wants and needs, inasmuch as his wants are just---

And all this for the benefit of the church of the living God, that every man may improve upon his talent, that every man may gain other talents, yea, even to an hundred fold, to be cast into the Lord's storehouse, to becone the common property of the whole church ---"
(See D&C 82:17-18)

This is the wisdom and intelligence of God.

Good to hearken unto him, and keep his commandments to impart of these properties, with a covenant and a deed that cannot be broken, as stewardships, that he might receive, even an hundred fold return. ♡

That "all his children" he might "bless", a happier people ever created by his hand, upon this earth. ♡ :)

marktheshark
captain of 100

Post by marktheshark »

Hugh Jass wrote:As prophets and seers, I'm sure the church leaders have seen the future and know about the next Florida housing boom and will be prepared to make bank when it reaches its peak. We all know that Jesus is looking for double digit returns on his investments to offset the losses in 2008 that are still nagging him.

Unfortunately, building Zion in the midst of babylon at current, requires money.

The Church pursuing wise investments to either increase their bank account or to gather natural resources is extremely wise.

Anybody would be dumb to think that the Lord, prior to His coming, doesn't actually need money to get things done through His earthly servants.

Food costs money, land costs money, building places of worship costs money. The Church having tons of money, land, buildings, farms, resources has a strong amount of wisdom behind it.

When the Lord comes, I have a feeling that the concept of money as it is right now will be largely extinguished, if not outright eliminated. Service, consecration and charity will abound and drive a thriving people to humble prosperity under the Lord's reign.

Until then, money is absolutely required and the Lord's church needs lots of it to make things happen.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

400,000 acres for $565,000,000.00 is a mere $1,412.50 per acre. We should all be so fortunate to make such a deal. For the price of a desert, they got a semi tropical forest.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

A change in the tax code to allow distribution of stewardships to the people, without penalty, needs to be in place beforehand. Need righteous men to seek the change of the tax code, to an "Ordinance of Justice" of gifts of homes and lands unto the poor without penalty is in place soon. ♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Current maximum gift allowed without penalty is $14,000.00 per individual.

In todays economy, the value of land and a home, on average, across America, far exceeds $14,000.00. This needs to be changed to allow for the basic needs and wants of the people, to be imparted unto them, without any penalty whatsoever. ♡

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

marktheshark wrote:Until then, money is absolutely required and the Lord's church needs lots of it to make things happen.
I've always been taught that the Lord can do anything, especially without money, to bring to pass his objectives. So what you are basically saying is that the Lord cannot do anything on this earth without his servants amassing billions of dollars and investing tithing money for real estate and for-profit business ventures? Show me a time in the past where the Lord instructed his servants to accumulate wealth through societal monetary gain practices and to pursue real estate and for-profit business ventures so that his kingdom could grow.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Should have laid the foundation and built the tower and ensign and had a light in the top of the tower to be seen by all the nations of the earth, what the fullness of the gospel is in practice. ♡

See D&C 101:52-53 where the Lord asks them "Why ! what is the cause of this great evil?"

"Ought ye not to have done even as I commanded you, and built the tower"

Good to build the foundation of Zion, built the tower, and set up the standard and light of the fullness of the gospel, of Jesus Christ, for all the nations of the earth to see, and to be invited to do the same. ♡

marktheshark
captain of 100

Post by marktheshark »

Col. Flagg wrote:
marktheshark wrote:Until then, money is absolutely required and the Lord's church needs lots of it to make things happen.
I've always been taught that the Lord can do anything, especially without money, to bring to pass his objectives. So what you are basically saying is that the Lord cannot do anything on this earth without his servants amassing billions of dollars and investing tithing money for real estate and for-profit business ventures? Show me a time in the past where the Lord instructed his servants to accumulate wealth through societal monetary gain practices and to pursue real estate and for-profit business ventures so that his kingdom could grow.

The Lord CAN do anything. What he can do vs what he is currently doing is not the same thing.

Have you read the D&C before? The Lord mentions debts, money and even monetary gain for the benefit of the church more than once. It's not something he is completely uninvolved with.

If the Lord requires a temple to be built where someone else owns the land, he will instruct to pay the property amount and proceed with acquiring of materials, which also by default costs more money in this world. D&C has examples of this where the Lord is telling them what to do with money.

He doesn't just go, here's some magically free land. It doesn't work that way. We are operating in a telestial sphere right now. The world operates by commodities. You obtain that through trade or money. That's how it has always worked and the Lord works through us with what we have to work with.

Money isn't bad. Having lots of money isn't bad. Where your heart is set upon what you do with money is where a problem can exist.

How does the Lord tell us to help the needy? Lots of the time, by donating money (or our substance, which also costs money). Why? Because that's how it works. Our world revolves around money.

marktheshark
captain of 100

Post by marktheshark »

Robert Sinclair wrote:Should have laid the foundation and built the tower and ensign and had a light in the top of the tower to be seen by all the nations of the earth, what the fullness of the gospel is in practice. ♡

See D&C 101:52-53 where the Lord asks them "Why ! what is the cause of this great evil?"

"Ought ye not to have done even as I commanded you, and built the tower"

Good to build the foundation of Zion, built the tower, and set up the standard and light of the fullness of the gospel, of Jesus Christ, for all the nations of the earth to see, and to be invited to do the same. ♡
The towers are built, and the watchmen stand guard right now.

The foundation of zion has been laid. It circles the globe.

The time surely is approaching that zion is redeemed. All things go according to the Lord's word, and not according to Robert Sinclair's opinion on when it should happen. Patience and faith in the Lord's timing brother. It will come when He says it is ready.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

This is crazy. Truth is this half billion dollar purchase is a slap to the face to the hungry, the naked, the sick and the afflicted, the widow, the fatherless, the poor... we don’t even notice them. Sadly, we (lds church) have never been further away from Zion than we are now and we just keep getting further and further away. I weep for Zion.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote:This is crazy. Truth is this half billion dollar purchase is a slap to the face to the hungry, the naked, the sick and the afflicted, the widow, the fatherless, the poor... we don’t even notice them. Sadly, we (lds church) have never been further away from Zion than we are now and we just keep getting further and further away. I weep for Zion.
And if the economy collapses having resources such as land will help those poor and needy.

cynikal
captain of 10

Post by cynikal »

you people think you have a right to this? your the crazy ones ... the church operates for a future state of being not your useless gimmie gimmie begging attitude. if you have a problem with it stop paying your tithe. I see knuckleheads all the time come begging for $$$ and turn their noses up to actual food in a can. you people and your behaviors of telling the organization what to do or not do is embarrassing.

Hugh Jass
The Bishop

Post by Hugh Jass »

marktheshark wrote:

Unfortunately, building Zion in the midst of babylon at current, requires money.

The Church pursuing wise investments to either increase their bank account or to gather natural resources is extremely wise.

Anybody would be dumb to think that the Lord, prior to His coming, doesn't actually need money to get things done through His earthly servants.

Food costs money, land costs money, building places of worship costs money. The Church having tons of money, land, buildings, farms, resources has a strong amount of wisdom behind it.

When the Lord comes, I have a feeling that the concept of money as it is right now will be largely extinguished, if not outright eliminated. Service, consecration and charity will abound and drive a thriving people to humble prosperity under the Lord's reign.

Until then, money is absolutely required and the Lord's church needs lots of it to make things happen.
I like how our church leaders follow the example of Enoch and build Zion using the tools and methods of Babylon. Works every time!

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Fiannan wrote:
SempiternalHarbinger wrote:This is crazy. Truth is this half billion dollar purchase is a slap to the face to the hungry, the naked, the sick and the afflicted, the widow, the fatherless, the poor... we don’t even notice them. Sadly, we (lds church) have never been further away from Zion than we are now and we just keep getting further and further away. I weep for Zion.
And if the economy collapses having resources such as land will help those poor and needy.
Sorry, I don't buy it Fiannan. We grind the face of the poor and needy today so what gives you the impression that will ever change?? We haven't progressed in any way since Joseph Smith. Brigham Young made this observation towards the end of his life...“My experience for the best part of 40 years teaches me that we never progress - we are as they were, and they no doubt will be.” Prophetic.

Let them repent of all their sins, and of all their covetous desires, before me, saith the Lord; for what is property unto me? Saith the Lord” -D&C 117:4

"What is property unto me"?

"Nevertheless, in your temporal things you shall be equal, and this not grudgingly, otherwise the abundance of the manifestations of the Spirit shall be withheld." -D&C 70:14

That explains the lack thereof of a abundance of manifestations of the Spirit, for we are not equal in anything, and we are not doing anything to become equal. Truth is we have never been more divided or more segregated. We forget God created all things and everything is His. Brigham Young also added that the reason that angels had quit ministering to the saints was because of false notions and traditions and until they unlearned these falsehood, the heavens would remain silent. Prophetic.

Almost the first words spoken by the Lord to the boy Joseph in his first vision were...

"Behold the world lieth in sin at this time and none doeth good no not one they have turned aside from the Gospel and keep not my commandments they draw near to me with their lips while their hearts are far from me and mine anger is kindling against the inhabitants of the earth to visit them according to this ungodliness."

So at the time of the first vision the whole world lieth in sin. Why? In 1832, the Lord proclaimed the same thing, nothing had changed, that the whole world lieth in sin. Are we (lds church) still not under condemnation? D&C 84...

D&C 84:49-59
49 And the whole world lieth in sin, and groaneth under darkness and under the bondage of sin. 50 And by this you may know they are under the bondage of sin, because they come not unto me. "A scourge and judgment [is] to be poured out upon the children of Zion. For shall the children of the kingdom pollute my holy land?"

We have polluted His land. Why does the whole world lieth in sin?? "But it is not given that one man should possess that which is above another, wherefore the world lieth in sin." (-D&C 49:20)

God is going to soon cleanse HIS holy land of all the wickedness and pollution. He created all things, all living things depend on Him for life and breath, everything is his. It's satan who puts a price on it. After the cleansing, this land will be rightfully recognized as His. So what's the point in purchasing this land if it's about to be wiped clean? Babylon the great will fall and what will any of these purchases matter? In the meantime, we suffer the poor and needy. Any idea the estimated cost of the new Rome Temple? I get it, we can't put a price on His Holiness.

Mormon chapter 8

33 O ye wicked and perverse and stiffnecked people, why have ye built up churches unto yourselves to get gain? Why have ye transfigured the holy word of God, that ye might bring damnation upon your souls? Behold, look ye unto the revelations of God; for behold, the time cometh at that day when all these things must be fulfilled.

34 Behold, the Lord hath shown unto me great and marvelous things concerning that which must shortly come, at that day when these things shall come forth among you.

35 Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing.

36 And I know that ye do walk in the pride of your hearts; and there are none save a few only who do not lift themselves up in the pride of their hearts, unto the wearing of very fine apparel, unto envying, and strifes, and malice, and persecutions, and all manner of iniquities; and your churches, yea, even every one, have become polluted because of the pride of your hearts.

37 For behold, ye do love money, and your substance, and your fine apparel, and the adorning of your churches, more than ye love the poor and the needy, the sick and the afflicted.

38 O ye pollutions, ye hypocrites, ye teachers, who sell yourselves for that which will canker, why have ye polluted the holy church of God? Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies—because of the praise of the world?

39 Why do ye adorn yourselves with that which hath no life, and yet suffer the hungry, and the needy, and the naked, and the sick and the afflicted to pass by you, and notice them not?

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

Giving a billion starving people a dollar each would cost a billion dollars and accomplish absolutely nothing. Better to make a billion on a land deal and teach people how to vote instead of complaining. As long as people vote for democrats, socialists, progressives, communists, etc. that give out free food and checks, how can they expect to have a better life? They already have free food and housing. And for people in other nations, they should quit voting for socialists, also. Haiti used to be prosperous, now look at it. Giving them more free food won't help the actual problem.

Hugh Jass
The Bishop

Post by Hugh Jass »

light-one wrote:Giving a billion starving people a dollar each would cost a billion dollars and accomplish absolutely nothing. Better to make a billion on a land deal and teach people how to vote instead of complaining. As long as people vote for democrats, socialists, progressives, communists, etc. that give out free food and checks, how can they expect to have a better life? They already have free food and housing. And for people in other nations, they should quit voting for socialists, also. Haiti used to be prosperous, now look at it. Giving them more free food won't help the actual problem.

Brilliant strategy! They can vote their way to a full stomach like the rest of us. Just like in the discourse of King Benjamin, we should use our money to buy land investments, wait for a double digit return, and then have the poor come and apply for work. But since the land is owned by the church, we will make sure that they pay tithing on gross before agreeing to hire them.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Everything that has happened thus far, has been written would happen, the scriptures are true, just would like to see Hosea 14:8 fullfilled while I am yet alive, but be it as the Lord has planned. ♡