My blog (New Entry)

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/22

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

coachmarc wrote:
SempiternalHarbinger wrote:Great blog Marc! Thanks for sharing it with us. I have always been a fan of yours and the way you approach things. I could learn a lot from you! Look forward to browsing your blog more! Long live Zion!
Thanks, bud. That means a lot. Got a new one this morning:

A hummingbird and a prayer
This is exactly what I am talking about. I just read you post on the hummingbird and afterwards felt uplifted and edified! Thanks for sharing! And the light you hold up is beaming brother.

Not sure why but for some reason it made me think of a story a companion always shared about a mother taking their baby to the doctor to get some immunization shots. (hopefully it was not a hep. shot) Anyway, the baby girl is happy and smiling while she sits on her mother's lap, but than the doctor pokes her with a needle. The baby starts crying profusely. While crying the baby wonders to herself about why her mother would allow the doctor to purposely hurt her. "Why mother? Why did you allow him to do that when you knew it would hurt me." But no matter what the mother could say she could never explain to her baby why it was necessary and it was for the baby's good. Like Heavenly Father I sometimes ask why? But I know Heavenly Father answers prayers and wants the best for all his children. We might not understand at times but in the end we will understand and feel our Saviors love.

Libertas
captain of 100

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/22

Post by Libertas »

coachmarc wrote: Got a new one this morning:

A hummingbird and a prayer
Thank you for sharing another great experience to remind me that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. Keep 'em coming.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/28

Post by marc »

Thank you all for your kind feedback. It means a lot to me. New update, inspired by ATL Awake:

Prince Ammon

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/30

Post by marc »

It's been a while. This one's kinda rough. Been kinda rough lately.

Pray and not faint

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 10/22

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 11/15

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 11/17

Post by marc »

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I've really enjoyed these.

Regarding all that glitters, I have been going thru much the same. I recently lost my job, and I have felt very comforted that all is well and whatever happens will be for the best. I have had a couple of heartbreaking interviews where I thought for sure I had the job, ant felt that I would love the job and that I would be a perfect fit, only to be told that it came down to me and one other person and they went with the other person.

I have never been as successful financially as you have been. I have never owned my own business, I have always just been an employee. And yet, even faced witht he challenges that we have, I just get the assurance to focus on the most important things and everything else will work out. It isn't easy to keep that perspective, but it feels wonderful when I faithfully believe it.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thanks, OI. There's nothing wrong with just being an employee. It's much less stressful. But being your own boss definitely requires a passion and a lot of drive. You're working much more than eight hours/day. I'm satisfied with being an employee. I'm getting old and I'm getting tired. My only regret is that I wasn't wiser with all that stewardship. I guess it was just bigger than me. It was a good lesson and I learned a lot from it. I just wasn't wise enough. But I aim to take much more with me into the eternities so with that in mind, it was all worth it. I think.

Some of the more meaningful (to me) articles that I am/will be working on:

1. Nephi--A Renaissance Man
2. Wars in the Book of Mormon
3. Allegory of the tame and wild olive trees
4. Moroni Timbimboo--first Lamanite bishop
5. Willie Ottogary--an LDS Shoshone columnist who who wrote for a Logan, Utah newspaper for 20 yrs (1909-1929)

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

coachmarc wrote:Updated

All that glitters

Thank you :)

Though I did think your were going to tie into Tolkien's poem about Aragorn:
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king
:-B :D

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

HeirofNumenor wrote: :-B :D
I must confess, I am a nerd, too, though my nerdiness/geekiness is more on the sci-fi/space fantasy than middle earth. I am, however, looking forward to the upcoming Hobbit movie next month. :)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

coachmarc wrote:
HeirofNumenor wrote: :-B :D
I must confess, I am a nerd, too, though my nerdiness/geekiness is more on the sci-fi/space fantasy than middle earth. I am, however, looking forward to the upcoming Hobbit movie next month. :)
And Ender's Game soon also! Harrison Ford as Graf!

I also thought it was funny that Graf's aide is played by an actor named Han Soto :))

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 11/26

Post by marc »

I am really looking forward to Ender's Game and I hope it does the book justice!! :)

New entry, similar to my recent post in the HG forum, with more added.

Ye Ask Not

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Hope I can rely on this thread as a source to find out when Ender's Game comes out. I haven't heard a word of it from anywhere else.

Libertas
captain of 100

Post by Libertas »

I always enjoy your blog, Marc. Keep up the good work.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Called to Serve wrote:Hope I can rely on this thread as a source to find out when Ender's Game comes out. I haven't heard a word of it from anywhere else.
November 1, 2013

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

coachmarc wrote:I am really looking forward to Ender's Game and I hope it does the book justice!! :)

New entry, similar to my recent post in the HG forum, with more added.

Ye Ask Not
Really excellent blog entry. Thanks so much!

It is encouraging to see so many stepping forward and knocking!

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Original_Intent wrote:
Called to Serve wrote:Hope I can rely on this thread as a source to find out when Ender's Game comes out. I haven't heard a word of it from anywhere else.
November 1, 2013
How sweet and terrible is that.....find out my all time favorite book is coming to video....only to have to wait a year for it!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thanks, Libertas and OI. CTS and Legion, Hollywood has mulled over making a movie for over a decade. I think they've finally got it right this time. I know a year is so far away. I really look forward to it. I also believe they've found the right solution for the zero gravity tactics employed by Ender in the war games.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 12/23

Post by marc »

Merry Christmas with love.

The Innkeeper (Let Him In)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 1/14

Post by marc »

I gave a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday:

God’s hand in all things

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 2/4

Post by marc »

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

#:-s no NBA of NHL logos. Thanks Marc. :D

However I'm a little upset about the MLB logo. Baseball is God's game. ;)

All joking aside....very true. Might I add this from Spencer W Kimball:

"In spite of our delight in defining ourselves as modern, and our tendency to think we possess a sophistication that no people in the past ever had—in spite of these things, we are, on the whole, an idolatrous people—a condition most repugnant to the Lord.

We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel—ships, planes, missiles, fortifications—and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become anti-enemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan’s counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior’s teaching:

“Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 5:44–45.)

(The False God's We Worship, https://www.lds.org/ensign/1976/06/the- ... p?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Excellent quote, ajax, thanks!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 7/20

Post by marc »

It's been a while, but yesterday's newspaper prompted a new entry.

More Things To Do