My blog (New Entry)

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

My blog (New Entry)

Post by marc »

For the longest time I have had experiences, thoughts, revelations, epiphanies, etc that I've wanted to put down on paper. Recently with a renewed focused study of the scriptures I have felt impressed to share the last 42 years from what might be a unique experience. If you're bored and want to learn a little more about me and the gospel of Jesus Christ from my perspective, feel free to stop by for a visit and say hello. I plan to post a new entry every day, if possible. Much of what I share might be things you have already seen me post on here, but what you see here is still only a fraction. It is my hope to inspire many people. I started it over the weekend so there are a couple entries already. I'm working on today's right now, so it will by up sometime today.

Latter-day Lamanite
Last edited by marc on January 31st, 2018, 4:44 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: So I started a blog

Post by Original_Intent »

coach, that is awesome!

I started a book project a few weeks ago. I don't know if I will ever publish, or if it will just be for my descendants.

It's called "Jubilee Year". I am going to start the meat of the book on Sept 15 - my 49th birthday. Sounds like it is going to be similar to your blog. I intend to write it throughout my 50th (Jubilee) year of my life. It isn;t going to be an autombiaography, as I ahve had a pretty mundane life in many respects. I intend it to be more of a philosophy book, but with anecdotes from my life. The goal is for it to be a distillation of what I have learned or think I have learned over the past 49 years.

I have been working on the foreword, and I think it is a promising project. I look forward to following your blog.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

OI, that is cool! And my b-day is Sept 16th. :) But you have six years on me. :p

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Today's entry is up. Whew!!! #:-s

The New Covenant, Part 1

Libertas
captain of 100

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 8/27

Post by Libertas »

Great blog, Coach. Keep on writing.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thank you. Doesn't look like I'll be able to write something every day, not because I don't have anything to write about, but because I gotta feel the Spirit when I write so that it comes out right. I need that stamp of approval...

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 8/31

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/4

Post by marc »

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Beautiful blog, coach. I've got it on my start page!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thank you. This is turning into a heritage/lineage/genealogy research project. New things are coming to light and I can't wait to share more. Just a matter of compiling scriptures, history, etc and putting it all in context. Some of this stuff is blowing me away. I don't know what will turn up, but I look forward to this journey.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I saw your comments on my blog, by the way--Thanks! I have an old blog where I used to share my gospel insights but no one read it--not even my mom. I switched to stories and now I've got a bunch of regular readers. I hope I can inspire people to make good choices through some of the stories. My favorite is the one about throwing my husband's cell phone out the front door. Believe it or not, but that has been one of the most spiritual experiences of my life.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Maybe I should write more stories. Just updated today's with a more "personal" entry:

Genealogy

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Love the picture! Your parents look like the kind of people I like to encounter at parties or other get togethers.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thank you. :)

Updated with a meatier subject:

Times of the Gentiles

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/9

Post by marc »

A short observation on the Book of Mormon.

No Samites

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/10

Post by marc »

I finally posted my latest, probably most controversial so far:

An Overflowing Scourge

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/10

Post by Original_Intent »

coachmarc wrote:I finally posted my latest, probably most controversial so far:

An Overflowing Scourge
Hmmm.
Just a thought on John Taylor's vision.

In two scenes, he sees mothers cutting the throats of their children and drinking the blood or in New York they were killing their own offspring and eating the raw flesh, and then in a few minutes dying themselves. And he said he knew that these things were also happening all over the country.

I see a possible fulfillment of this with our current financial situation. The monetary policy of debt means that we are satisfying our appetites at the expense of destroying the future of our children. Furthermore, by so doing we are indeed bringing about our own destruction as well. I have often been both shocked and appalled that many seem to understand what a bad situation our country is in, but it seems everyone just wants to kick the can down the road, and hopes that they can get through life with the benefits etc. that we have and little concern for future generations.

I'm definitely not in a position to declare the interpretation, but it seems like a reasonable possibility that it could be.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/15

Post by marc »

That implies that the vision is allegorical. It certainly beats it being a literal account of a future event. There is another vision that I thought about sharing, but I I figured this one was enough. The other one is about the disease itself and how it will rot out the flesh. It will begin as a purple spot on the flesh until it consumes the body. I imagine this will make aids or even the Bubonic plague in the middle ages look like a simple flu.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/15

Post by marc »

Ah, the memories...

Fear the chancla!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/18

Post by Rose Garden »

That was a great story, coach. Reminded me of the time I washed my parents' living room carpet. That one will be posted on my blog soon, thanks to you.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: So I started a blog-Updated 9/22

Post by marc »

I look forward to reading it! :)

New entry. It's almost here!

The Brigham City Temple

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

A new update. :)

A Centurion’s Faith

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Great blog Marc! Thanks for sharing it with us. I have always been a fan of yours and the way you approach things. I could learn a lot from you! Look forward to browsing your blog more! Long live Zion!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote:Great blog Marc! Thanks for sharing it with us. I have always been a fan of yours and the way you approach things. I could learn a lot from you! Look forward to browsing your blog more! Long live Zion!
Thanks, bud. That means a lot. Got a new one this morning:

A hummingbird and a prayer