Are we seeing the rise of Gog?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Are we seeing the rise of Gog?

Post by friendsofthe »

At the opening of the seventh seal (Rev 8:1-2) John says “And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.” As we read chapters 8 through 11 of Rev we get the story of these seven angels sounding their trumpets as well as the events associated therewith.

If you’ve seen my timeline chart, you know that I believe that these events will transpire over a period of seven years. (seven years of tribulation) And at the half way point… 3 1/2 years, Gog will lay siege against Jerusalem for 42 months or 3 1/2 years leading up to the Lord’s appearance to the Jews.
But does Gog just suddenly appear with an army of 200 million? Of course not, it will take time for him to gather this army, and that I believe is what will unfold during the first 3 1/2 years of the seven years.

And so I ask the question, if Gog is going to have power at the opening of the seventh seal, would it be surprising if he were to raise his head near the end of the sixth seal? Is that what we are witnessing presently? After all, according to Ezekiel, Gog is to come out of Russia…

If this be the case… if Gog is already raising his head, would it not be a sign of the nearness of the opening of the seventh seal? And might it also be a conformation that we are presently in the 42 months leading up to the Lord’s first appearance as the Bridegroom?
What say you?

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Are we seeing the rise of Gog?

Post by Pazooka »

friendsofthe wrote: April 8th, 2022, 8:54 am At the opening of the seventh seal (Rev 8:1-2) John says “And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.” As we read chapters 8 through 11 of Rev we get the story of these seven angels sounding their trumpets as well as the events associated therewith.

If you’ve seen my timeline chart, you know that I believe that these events will transpire over a period of seven years. (seven years of tribulation) And at the half way point… 3 1/2 years, Gog will lay siege against Jerusalem for 42 months or 3 1/2 years leading up to the Lord’s appearance to the Jews.
But does Gog just suddenly appear with an army of 200 million? Of course not, it will take time for him to gather this army, and that I believe is what will unfold during the first 3 1/2 years of the seven years.

And so I ask the question, if Gog is going to have power at the opening of the seventh seal, would it be surprising if he were to raise his head near the end of the sixth seal? Is that what we are witnessing presently? After all, according to Ezekiel, Gog is to come out of Russia…

If this be the case… if Gog is already raising his head, would it not be a sign of the nearness of the opening of the seventh seal? And might it also be a conformation that we are presently in the 42 months leading up to the Lord’s first appearance as the Bridegroom?
What say you?
Who is Gog? That age old question…

Baal-zephon or Baalsapunu, properly Ba Pūnū or sapunu (Hebrew: בעל צפון‎; Akkadian: dim Be-el ḫur.sag Ḫa-zi; Hurrian: Tšb Ḫlbğ),[1] was the form of the Canaanite storm god Baʿal (lit. "The Lord") in his role as lord of Mount Zaphon;[1][n 1] he is identified in the Ugaritic texts as Hadad.[6][7] Because of the mountain's importance and location, it came to metonymously signify "north" in Hebrew;[8] the name is therefore sometimes mistakenly given in translation as Lord of the North.

He is Lord of the North (I still think there’s a great case for that). But what is the North? That is another great question,

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Re: Are we seeing the rise of Gog?

Post by Oldemandalton »

friendsofthe wrote: April 8th, 2022, 8:54 am At the opening of the seventh seal (Rev 8:1-2) John says “And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.” As we read chapters 8 through 11 of Rev we get the story of these seven angels sounding their trumpets as well as the events associated therewith.

What say you?
I have always had a fascination with biblical prophecy. I have a few questions for you:

Why do you say the tribulations will last 7 years?

Why do you say that Gog is from Russia? Up until the book, The Late Great Planet Earth, Gog and Magog was always placed in Asia minor.
You may find these articles enlightening:

GOG AS ANTICHRIST: A HISTORICAL SURVEY https://joelstrumpet.com/?p=4373
GOG OF MAGOG (PART 1) https://joelstrumpet.com/?p=3515
GOG OF MAGOG (PART 2) https://joelstrumpet.com/?s=Gog+turkey

How do you place Gog opening the 7th Seal?

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss these important prophecies. :)