Event in Mesa, AZ

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Event in Mesa, AZ

Post by lundbaek »

Frank Fluckiger, member of the LDS Church and National Chairman of the U.S. Constitution Party will be speaking the evening of Sunday, 14 January 2018, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm, at our home in Mesa, AZ. His topic The Special Importance of the United States Constitution to Latter-day Saints.

If you would like to attend please send me an email at gretheandralph@hotmail.com so I can give you directions.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Event in Mesa, AZ

Post by lundbaek »

Brother Fluckiger He spoke for an hour to about a dozen and a half of us about the special importance of the United States Constitution to Latter-day Saints. It was an inspiring evening, especially since all of us were well aware that the Lord told us that He established the Constitution of this land by the hands of wise men whom He raised up unto this very purpose. For many years I have had a burning testimony of that fact, and that He intended that the Constitution be established for ever and be maintained for rights and protection of all people. (all flesh). The October 1987 statement by then President Benson that "We must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers" still rings like a clarion in my head.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Some of us can't go that far but would be interested in hearing what he said later afterwards. That's just too far for me to drive.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Brother Fluckiger started by relating stories from the American colonial and war for independence; the Old South Church (Boston) story, the Monongahela or "Bullet Proof George Washington" story, and the Yorktown story, all of which show evidence of miraculous, divine intervention in favour of the Americans. Although he did not intend to promote the Constitution Party, he did go on to explain evidence that the D&R parties are destroying the US Constitution and explained at the very end why the Constitution Party is the only party that truly intends to uphold and abide by the principles of the Constitution. A week and a half later I cannot remember all the details of his presentation partly because my memory is failing and partly because I was already aware of most of what he would say. Only 17 people (by my wife's count), all LDS, attended out of over 70 who were invited -which is about what I have come to expect in events like this. I've gotten good feedback from those who I consider new to this topic.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Arizona State Senator David Farnsworth is starting a group called “Arizona Constitutionalists” which will hold meetings planned once a month for the next six months. The group’s first meeting will be this Wednesday evening starting at 6pm (meet, greet, and eat) followed by the presentation at 7. The meeting is predicted to run until 8. The address is 560 S 80th St. Mesa, AZ 85208. If you have any questions, you can find the group “Arizona Constitutionalists” on Facebook, or feel free to give David Farnsworth's office a call at 602-926-3020

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The Arizona Constitutionalists held their second meeting last week with again, about 50 people in attendance. The nest meeting is planned for 7 November at the same location, in the Fountain of the Sun Activities Center, located at 560 South 80th Street in Mesa.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

lundbaek wrote: November 15th, 2018, 10:56 am The Arizona Constitutionalists held their second meeting last week with again, about 50 people in attendance. The nest meeting is planned for 7 November at the same location, in the Fountain of the Sun Activities Center, located at 560 South 80th Street in Mesa.
Is that date right? It’s already past.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Oops! Error on me. 17 December is the next meeting. Thanks for catching that. I expect to have more on that meeting in early December.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re:JBS Event in Mesa, AZ

Post by lundbaek »

Education - Intellectual Meeting!
Request: Bring a patriot.

WHEN: This Friday, January 4th, 2019!
TIME: 7: PM
PLACE: Blewster Home, 915 W. Fairway Drive, Mesa 85201
We will be showing ANARCHY USA, which was made during the riots of the 60s. The great value of this video is the Communist tactics used then are current! Discussion will follow.
We have good refreshments.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

A couple of us here in Mesa, AZ are trying to organize a fireside type presentation by Congressman Andy Biggs, two term Congressional Representative of the Arizona 5th Congressional District, a former state legislator, and President of the Arizona State Senate. His presentation will be based on his book THE DOCTRINE OF LEBERTY - INSIGHTS FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON, and is expected to take about an hour and a half. Date and location not yet determined, but we expect it will be late February of early March. So it's probably at least a month away, but I'd like to give those of you who live in or near Mesa a heads up.

scottja
captain of 100

Post by scottja »

Im interested

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

THE DOCTRINE OF LIBERTY - INSIGHTS FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON
Congressman Andy Biggs, current two term Congressional Representative of the Arizona 5th Congressional District, and a former state legislator and President of the Arizona State Senate, will be speaking the evening of Wednesday 20 March, starting at 7:00 PM, at the Heritage Academy at 32 South Center Street in downtown Mesa. His presentation will be based on his book THE DOCTRINE OF LIBERTY - INSIGHTS FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON, and is expected to take about an hour and a half.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The evening of Sunday, 24 March, Arizona State Senator David Farnsworth spoke and gave a power point presentation at a fireside at the Peralta Trail Stake building in Apache Junction on how the US Constitution was inspired of the Lord and the role of Latter-day Saints in upholding and defending it. Two presidents of other stakes have expressed interest in hosting the same presentation.

The 20 March THE DOCTRINE OF LIBERTY - INSIGHTS FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON presentation went over great to about 55-60 people.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The next meeting of The Constitution Study Group conducted by Brother Rick Dalton of Mesa, AZ will be on Wednesday evening, 6:30-8:00 pm, on 20 May 2020 at the home of Carlos and Yvette Carroll, 152 E Campbell Rd, Chandler AZ 85225. It's just east of Country Club/Arizona Ave. on Campbell, which is just south of Guadalupe Rd.. First timers are most welcome.

We will discuss Lesson 5, "Principles of Liberty", from the workbook "Proclaim Liberty Throughout all the Land - A Discussion Guide on the Founders Principles of Liberty and the Meaning of the Constitution. Lesson 5 deals with 3 topics:
1.) The majority of the people may alter or abolish a government which has become tyrannical,
2.) Why the United States of America was established as a republic, and not as a democracy,
3.) The Constitution was structured to permanently protect the people from the human frailties of their rulers

We hope to see you there, and thanks to the Carrolls for making it possible!

If you can RSVP to Rick Dalton it will give an idea of how many chairs to have ready. rickdalton89@hotmail.com

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The next meeting of The Constitution Study Group conducted by Brother Rick Dalton of the Kleinman Park Ward will be on this coming Wednesday evening, 6:30-8:00 pm, on 16 June 2020 at the home of Carlos and Yvette Carroll, 152 E Campbell Rd, Chandler AZ 85225. It's just east of Country Club/Arizona Ave. on Campbell, which is parallel and just south of Guadalupe Rd.. First timers are most welcome.

We will discuss Lesson 6, on page 38 of the workbook "Proclain Liberty Throughout All The Land - A Discussion Guide on the Founders Principles of Liberty and the Meaning of theConstitution" This will feature Principles of Liberty 14-15. "Property must be secured or Liberty cannot exist." (John Adams).

We hope to see you there, and thanks to the Carrolls for making it possible!

If you can RSVP to Rick Dalton it will give an idea of how many chairs to have ready. rickdalton89@hotmail.com