Interest in lecture on "Reagan's Crusade Against Communism?"

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
jlj93byu
Hi, I'm new.

Interest in lecture on "Reagan's Crusade Against Communism?"

Post by jlj93byu »

I have recently begun lecturing on Ronald Reagan's 50 year crusade against communism after studying it for the past decade. I've given lectures to private LDS-oriented schools and to groups of church employees in Salt Lake and it has been very well received. I bring in the history of the church during the same time period and the church's experience with communism and their own efforts to combat its rise, but focus primarily on Reagan's war that was relentless and even led the KGB to document in their large Reagan file that while most politicians were not consistent, Reagan was, and that he was a man who "in word and deed" was solidly set against them. Even in the 50s, a Hollywood communist responded, when asked why they failed to make inroads into the motion picture industry, "We ran into a one man battalion named Ronald Reagan."

Of course, as president, he finally had the opportunity to take direct action against the heart of the Soviet Union and recently declassified minutes and memos from National Security council meetings and other documents have opened our eyes to just how instrumental and stalwart Reagan really was in combating communism and that, to him, it really was a battle between good and evil, right and wrong, and he truly believed in his foreign policy which he summed up to one adviser as "We win, they lose." Contrary to the idea that he was lucky, in the right place at the right time, and surrounded himself with smarter advisers, we now know he was the one driving support for his policies, which he often forged ahead with alone, and he was instrumental in the demise of the Soviet Union. Far from an "amiable dunce," Reagan was a well educated, principled, and consistent crusader of liberty and freedom.

I'm wondering if there would be local interest to schedule a lecture at a library or something. If so, let me know and I'd love to make accommodations. I've logged over 2500 public speaking hours on historical topics (the vast majority on the Titanic), and have been the sole proprietor for many years of Living Titanic, an organization dedicated to historical research and public speaking. I have also been on contract for 5 years now with American Heritage School in American Fork where I have helped develop and teach their online courses. While all my published works so far have been regarding the Titanic (I've studied that topic for 25 years), my efforts in recent years have been primarily focused on presidential and political history, namely the Cold War and Ronald Reagan. Feel free to contact me or post here if there would be any interest in a Reagan lecture (they're free, BTW, kind of important to know).