Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Last edited by EdGoble on July 9th, 2015, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Re: Book of Abraham Presentation on MormonDiscussions podcas

Post by Gad »

Cool thanks. Please update this thread with a link. (I'm subscribing to this one and will get the notice.)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I've read a few blog posts, and will continue to read more. Thanks for the link!

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I enjoyed listening to David Bokovoy's testimony of the BOA

http://radiowest.kuer.org/post/scriptur ... and-belief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Last edited by EdGoble on July 9th, 2015, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Last edited by EdGoble on July 9th, 2015, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

You aren't a real quitter. This should help you change your mind to come back! :D

triple777
captain of 100

Post by triple777 »

=== wrote:You aren't a real quitter. This should help you change your mind to come back! :D

The whole program is a propaganda type video. The sly techniques of mind control and false hoods are many, too many to name. You can see the main goal of this video is to cause LDS members to leave the church and you can see that some have. Good.

I know this is the church of Christ by the gift and power of the Holy Ghost. By the way all of the Egyptian lore all come from Abraham and the true gospel of Jesus Christ. In fact, Pharaoh love Abraham so much that he made him teach the gospel to all of Egypt. Of course the teaching have been corrupted and names replaced with ISIS and HORUS ect... That is why it is so remarkable like the true gospel teachings. Also, Lucifer is the master of deceit and has done a lot of work here to confuse the masses.

Joseph was not perfect and did make mistakes but this does not change the fact that through him Jesus Christ restored his gospel to the earth. No other church comes even close the restoration of the Church of Christ in any fashion at all.

triple777
captain of 100

Post by triple777 »

Hear the words of an Apostle.

An example of what I am talking about is the recent discovery of the papyrus scrolls from which Joseph Smith was presumed to have translated the book of Abraham in the Pearl of Great Price. Modern scholars, looking at the scrolls, found nothing they considered to be similar to that book. I remarked at the time that such a finding didn't bother me in the least. God doesn't need a crib sheet in the form of a papyrus scroll to reveal Abraham's thoughts and words to Joseph Smith, with any degree of precision He considers necessary for His purposes. If the only function of the scrolls was to awaken the Prophet to the idea of receiving such inspiration, they would have fulfilled their purpose.

—Henry Eyring, Reflections of a Scientist, p. 46

Let's also remember that Joseph really did not even need the plates of gold to translate them. He received every single word without even opening the plates themselves. That is how the book is the most correct book of any book on the entire earth.

triple777
captain of 100

Post by triple777 »

I will add that I don't like the truth sugar coated and given to me because I am a tender branch that will wither and die if the full truth is displayed.

I can understand why these saying were said. Just saying he translated the BOM is easy to understand. It is in fact true but all the details have been left out. I don't like details left out like he used a seer stone and a hat to see the words of the BOM one at at time. The book is there to show that it is real. The means of translation is not as shown in many movies and artiest renditions. This fact, when I first came upon it did widen my eyes for a second, yet seem a very logical thing to "leave out" of the explanation as it would take a long time to explain such things.

IF you can't tell the difference and think all if false based on this one single fact then you need more spiritual guidance from the holy ghost.

Try and explain Calculus to an 8 year old you will find that using simple words can give them a general idea of what it is but they can never truly know what it is until the proper "pre-requisite" math is taken and understood first. The same applies here.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

:-\ here is another "translation" of the BOA facsimiles, followed up with a testimony of this prophetess' dad:

While it was helpful to see the "translation" process happen in this video, I didn't get that bosom burning feeling, neither did I feel any pure intelligence flow into me, besides it looked like some of the time she was translating the words on the page and not the facsimiles :-w

roggerrnadddal
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Book of Abraham Presentation on MormonDiscussions podcast

Post by roggerrnadddal »

hello everyone.....