For Arizona Voters

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

For Arizona Voters

Post by lundbaek »

https://kelliward.com/issues

Dr. Kelli Ward will be running for Jeff Flake's seat in the U.S. Senate. Here are just a few of her principles:

Kelli agrees with the late Justice Scalia’s view that “The Constitution is not a living organism. It's a legal document, and it says what it says and doesn't say what it doesn't say."

National Security starts with border security. We can never be secure as a nation as long as we have wide open borders and a dysfunctional immigration system. We cannot reward breaking our laws with citizenship, ever. Kelli believes that national security begins with border security. She holds Congress and the past three administrations directly responsible for their unwillingness to secure the border, which was a failure on their part to fulfill the primary function of government – to protect its citizens.

Kelli believes that life begins at conception. She also holds strongly to the view that Planned Parenthood should never receive taxpayer funding. Learn More

Dr. Kelli Ward is a strong advocate for simplifying our nation’s tax code. Kelli is proud to support President Trump and his bold tax reform agenda. As senator, Kelli would work hand-in-hand with the president to advance meaningful, long-lasting tax reform that eliminates the complexity surrounding our current tax code.r. Kelli Ward is a strong advocate for simplifying our nation’s tax code. Kelli is proud to support President Trump and his bold tax reform agenda. As senator, Kelli would work hand-in-hand with the president to advance meaningful, long-lasting tax reform that eliminates the complexity surrounding our current tax code.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Re: For Arizona Voters

Post by Arenera »

...Republicans have warned that Ward is a weak candidate whose nomination would jeopardize GOP chances of holding Arizona’s Senate seat.

The winner of the Aug. 28 Republican primary could face Rep. Kirsten Sinema, D-Ariz., considered the Democratic Senate primary front-runner.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

From a staffer of one of Arizona's congressional representatives Re. Kelli Ward: "I have only heard, is that she might be one who goes along with leadership to get in the committee she wants."

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Dang Kirsten Sinema and her cool sounding name. That will sadly make a difference with the low information voters.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Well, as has so often been the case, the election results are a disappointment to me. And now we have the situation, as I understand, in which Arizona Govenor Ducey will pick the replacement for Senator John McCain. This will, IMO, really show what Ducey's political persuasions are. I have heard and read suggestions that he may appoint Cindy McCain. Maybe some of you have a good ideas on who would be a good replacement . It would be nice (IMO) if a bunch of us could lean on the governor to appoint a person that espouses constitutional principles. Best I can do by myself is to write to Gov. Ducey, and encourage others to do the same, and advise him of my disapproval of anyone who was associated with McCain and insist that he appoint a person who will honour and uphold the Constitution. There are such people out there. I don't think it is too early to try to get a person who espouses the principles of the U.S. Constitution into the U.S. Senate. Do any of you Arizona voters have any thoughts/ideas on who would be a good replacement ?

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Kelli Ward?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

lundbaek wrote: August 29th, 2018, 8:36 am Well, as has so often been the case, the election results are a disappointment to me. And now we have the situation, as I understand, in which Arizona Govenor Ducey will pick the replacement for Senator John McCain. This will, IMO, really show what Ducey's political persuasions are. I have heard and read suggestions that he may appoint Cindy McCain. Maybe some of you have a good ideas on who would be a good replacement . It would be nice (IMO) if a bunch of us could lean on the governor to appoint a person that espouses constitutional principles. Best I can do by myself is to write to Gov. Ducey, and encourage others to do the same, and advise him of my disapproval of anyone who was associated with McCain and insist that he appoint a person who will honour and uphold the Constitution. There are such people out there. I don't think it is too early to try to get a person who espouses the principles of the U.S. Constitution into the U.S. Senate. Do any of you Arizona voters have any thoughts/ideas on who would be a good replacement ?
Bennett got some heat from Ducey / The Press when he tweeted that nominating Cindy McCain would be a mistake. Despite the truth of that statement, the press zeroed in on how dare he say something so callous so close to John McCain's death. I can't find the article I was reading yesterday, but Bennett's response to the criticism was the Senate position is not a family dynasty but a representation of voters. Too bad he lost!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 661465002/

Of course, there has been actual speculation of Ducey nominating Cidy McCain - just google it. Some stories say he's supposedly shut down the rumors. This one back in May in regards to speculation of John leaving his seat early:

http://ktar.com/story/2089279/ducey-shu ... to-senate/

If Ducey were to do this, this action would represent all that is wrong in Washington - a group of elitist insiders who represent themselves and their families above the american people.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

A number of us active in the freedom battle in Arizona are contacting the governor to urge him to appoint Dr. Kelli Ward to fill McCain's seat in the U.S. Senate. Please consider joining in via the link below.

https://azgovernor.gov/engage/form/cont ... rnor-ducey

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ehind.html

The wife U.S. Republican John McCain callously left behind.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Looks like Jon Kyl is the replacement.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Have any of you other Arizona voters caught wind of the possibility of Jeff Flake running for POTUS in 2020 ?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Nope. Heaven help us he'd certainly lose his own state unless we don't replace the current election overseers. How that broward County overseer has maintained her position so long is beyond me. Shameless corruption.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Elizabeth wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 1:46 am http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ehind.html

The wife U.S. Republican John McCain callously left behind.

Pretty much sums it up about the man
When you build up a $200,000,000 empire from political connections and corruption, that should tell you something...

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

lundbaek wrote: November 10th, 2018, 10:17 am Have any of you other Arizona voters caught wind of the possibility of Jeff Flake running for POTUS in 2020 ?
I read on either Drudge or Fox that he said he might. He is delusional.