Donald Trump's 'Contract with the American Voter'--A 100 Day plan

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Donald Trump's 'Contract with the American Voter'--A 100 Day plan

Post by AI2.0 »

At the end of October, Donald Trump spoke in Gettysburg, Pa., and released a plan for his first 100 days in office.

The plan (below) outlines three main areas of focus: cleaning up Washington, including by imposing term limits on Congress; protecting American workers; and restoring rule of law. He also laid out his plan for working with Congress to introduce 10 pieces of legislation that would repeal Obamacare, fund the construction of a wall at the Southern border (with a provision that Mexico would reimburse the U.S.), encourage infrastructure investment, rebuild military bases, promote school choice and more.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368 ... t-100-days

Trump's campaign released in October a 100 day plan called "Donald Trump's Contract With The American Voter"
What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter — and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington

Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

This is my pledge to you.

And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.
Unlike his 76 promises which I shared in another thread, this 'Contract with the American Voter' is concise, well thought out and if he follows through, would be great for the country.

So, "Making America Great Again' is riding on Pres. Elect Donald J. Trump keeping his word, not allowing the Washington Elite/Establishment to deter him from what he said needs to be done. And those who voted for him and expected real change, should put pressure on him and his administration to keep these pledges.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Donald Trump's 'Contract with the American Voter'--A 100 Day plan

Post by rewcox »

AI2.0 wrote:
At the end of October, Donald Trump spoke in Gettysburg, Pa., and released a plan for his first 100 days in office.

The plan (below) outlines three main areas of focus: cleaning up Washington, including by imposing term limits on Congress; protecting American workers; and restoring rule of law. He also laid out his plan for working with Congress to introduce 10 pieces of legislation that would repeal Obamacare, fund the construction of a wall at the Southern border (with a provision that Mexico would reimburse the U.S.), encourage infrastructure investment, rebuild military bases, promote school choice and more.

Trump's campaign released in October a 100 day plan called "Donald Trump's Contract With The American Voter"
What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter — and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington

Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.
Unlike his 76 promises which I shared in another thread, this 'Contract with the American Voter' is concise, well thought out and if he follows through, would be great for the country.

So, "Making America Great Again' is riding on Pres. Elect Donald J. Trump keeping his word, not allowing the Washington Elite/Establishment to deter him from what he said needs to be done. And those who voted for him and expected real change, should put pressure on him and his administration to keep these pledges.
And you didn't even vote for him! I'm thinking those that did, were just voting against Hillary...

Let's do this!

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I agree with every single one of those actions.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

AI2.0 wrote:

AI2.0, you surprise me.

This is the type of thing those of us who supported Trump were expecting of him . . . . and more. The major theme of his campaign was to put a stop to the globalist onslaught. These proposals are an excellent first step.

Now maybe you should go back and watch/hear Trump come out in full support of our Christian heritage in the speech he gave to the Values Voter Summit on 9th of September: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Tg_wqyJmc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Maybe this will resonate with you more now that you apparently see the common sense proposals Trump has committed to.
Last edited by larsenb on November 10th, 2016, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

And this is why I was with him since day 1. If there's even a small chance that he could do these things, I'll take it over the zero percent chance of the mainstream lifetime elite politicians.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

If he doesn't, well, at least we will know better next time

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Top 8 Items for the Ardent Trump Supporters:

1) Undocumented immigrants will be deported en masse
2) Arab Americans will be racially profiled
3) United States will "bomb the s--- out of ISIS. Remember Shock and Awe!
4) Foreign Muslims will be banned from the US
5) Syrian refugees sent back to their war-torn country
6) Free trade agreements torn to shreds
7) US will build a "great wall" on the US-Mexico border, Mexico pays
8) US attorney general will push to indict Hillary

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

larsenb wrote: AI2.0, you surprise me.

This is the type of thing those of us who supported Trump were expecting of him . . . . and more. The major theme of his campaign was to put a stop to the globalist onslaught. These proposals are an excellent first step.

Now maybe you should go back and watch/hear Trump come out in full support of our Christian heritage in the speech he gave to the Values Voter Summit on 9th of September: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Tg_wqyJmc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Maybe this will resonate with you more now that you apparently see the common sense proposals Trump has committed to.
larsenb, you do know that I heard that speech? right?

It didn't move me then because I don't trust Trump. I still don't trust him, BUT, the dye is cast. He's going to be the president and I'd like to see him follow through with these pledges. I'd also like to remind his supporters here that these are things he pledged and hopefully his voters will stay involved and aware so that they can help keep the pressure on the Republicans to use their power and fix the problems in washington DC.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

rewcox wrote:Top 8 Items for the Ardent Trump Supporters:

1) Undocumented immigrants will be deported en masse
2) Arab Americans will be racially profiled
3) United States will "bomb the s--- out of ISIS. Remember Shock and Awe!
4) Foreign Muslims will be banned from the US
5) Syrian refugees sent back to their war-torn country
6) Free trade agreements torn to shreds
7) US will build a "great wall" on the US-Mexico border, Mexico pays
8) US attorney general will push to indict Hillary

These are actually some of the things I suspect he may not follow through on.

I don't think he'll prosecute Clinton and I think he'll end up working out some amnesty for illegals and not follow through on the blanket bannings of muslims. I don't know about the wall--I think he'll build some of it, but I don't expect mexico will pay any money for it.

But, if he gets rid of common core, repeals Obamacare (if he'd just remove the mandate, that would kill it off), if he cleans out the corrupt Justice Dept, lowers taxes to make the US more business friendly, those should help our country. I'd also like it if he supports a Convention of States. If he does that, he'll really come up in my estimation.

I'm willing to give him a chance and hope he succeeds in a lot of his 100 day plan.

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

AI2.0 wrote:

The Establishment Republicans will be fighting hard against Trump, so he certainly has an uphill battle. We need to put massive pressure upon them to support Trump's efforts to fulfill his lists of things that he wants accomplished.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

We have no choice but to trust Trump. No choice whatsoever. He is the President and he only answers to us every 4 years.
Just like if the beast were elected, we would have no choice but to submit when she ordered the UN troops to our houses to seize our guns, or the Nat'l Guard to do so. Or fight and die somewhat soon.
dc

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

moonwhim wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:

The Establishment Republicans will be fighting hard against Trump, so he certainly has an uphill battle. We need to put massive pressure upon them to support Trump's efforts to fulfill his lists of things that he wants accomplished.
Well, why would the Establishment Republicans fight against Trump? He's inviting them into his Cabinet, for goodness' sake. Why can't you Trump supporters see how he is betraying you? It's really strange how you've bought into him as the guy who will save America. If the elites didn't want Trump, he would not have received the media exposure he got. If he was truly a juggernaut, they would have killed him or incapacitated him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /93549214/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The link lists those joining the Trump Administration. Very few outsiders.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Chief of Staff announcement imminent.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11 ... -says.html

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Priebus is Chief of Staff. Bannon Chief Strategist.

larsenb Chief LDSFF Correspondant.

Patriot16
captain of 100

Post by Patriot16 »

Trump promises tax cuts for the middle class and even titles the legislation the "Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act." But in reality, it benefits most, NOT the middle class, but instead the rich.

"Donald Trump's new tax plan gives the top 1 percent an average cut of at least $122,400, while the middle class could get a break of less than $500, according to a new analysis.

The independent Tax Foundation said Monday that the Republican presidential candidate's plan, announced last week, would cut taxes for every income group. Yet the biggest reductions would go to the biggest earners." http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/19/donald-t ... -most.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

On top of that and contrary to conservative myths, tax cuts to the rich seldom create jobs or boost government income and Trump is relying on them to boost the national economy. Instead, tax cuts to the rich simply increase the budget deficit because they decrease government income. St. Reagan's tax cuts were supposed to be a shot in the arm to the national economy, but in reality, unemployment spiked and the cuts cratered the national budget and increased the national debt as the country fell into a recession. In fact, the budget deficits became such a serious problem that Reagan ended up being forced to preside over the largest peace-time tax increases in American history [https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html], something conservatives hate to acknowledge. And take a look at Kansas' failed tax cuts. Kansas' Gov. Brownback announced that he would try a bold new experiment following conservative fact-free voodoo economics and cut taxes to the rich and that this would trigger a fantastic economic miracle which would rev up the state economy and produce astronomical job growth and government tax income growth. Didn't happen. No economical miracle at all. Instead the tax cuts just (as tax cuts tend to) increased the budget deficit, hurt Kansas' credit rating, and caused heartbreaking cuts to spending on education. What miniscule job growth Kansas has experienced, has been outpaced by job growth in neighboring Nebraska which didn't do ANY tax cutting. And Gov. Brownback, who promised government transparency, has stopped issuing quarterly reports on the progress of his tax cuts because the tax cuts failed and he didn't want it exposed. https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... ich-worked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I've been a bank credit analyst for three decades and I've never seen tax cuts do what conservatives think they do. I've never met a businessman who says, "I just got a tax cut. Quick! Hire somebody." However I've talked to thousands of businessmen who create jobs strictly on the basis of higher sales volume requiring a new employee to help with the higher sales volume.

I have no expectation that Trumps' tax cuts to the rich will help increase job creation and government revenue increases.

Patriot16

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote:
moonwhim wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:

Well, why would the Establishment Republicans fight against Trump? He's inviting them into his Cabinet, for goodness' sake. Why can't you Trump supporters see how he is betraying you? It's really strange how you've bought into him as the guy who will save America. If the elites didn't want Trump, he would not have received the media exposure he got. If he was truly a juggernaut, they would have killed him or incapacitated him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /93549214/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The link lists those joining the Trump Administration. Very few outsiders.
Go Trump.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

rewcox wrote:Priebus is Chief of Staff. Bannon Chief Strategist.

Bannon is labeled by the gadianton 5th column media as a right wing radical rabble-rouser. Sounds like a good pick to me. ;)

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Mark wrote:
rewcox wrote:Priebus is Chief of Staff. Bannon Chief Strategist.

Bannon is labeled by the gadianton 5th column media as a right wing radical rabble-rouser. Sounds like a good pick to me. ;)
Fake/false news will reign!

On the 100 day plan, Trump said the criminal illegal immigrants are going back. Between 2mil and 3mil. Well, if you take 1 year to accomplish that, that would mean between 5,480 and 8,219 people leaving each day.

All of us might have to be Uber and help out.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Illegal immigrants being sent back home!?!?