The real Trump?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
cyclOps
captain of 1,000

The real Trump?

Post by cyclOps »

I did not vote for Trump, but I'm glad he beat out Hillary. There were lots of people, in Utah at least, who did not vote for Donald Trump because we were told he was not a good guy. We were told he was evil, the lesser of two evils. We were told he is sexist, racist, homophobic, and all these other fancy words that are used in political discourse to shut down dialogue.

Look, who knows what to believe anymore, right? We must have the Spirit of discernment in today's world. I can tell you I am more optimistic now that Trump is elected, and I only hope and expect that optimism to brighten as he takes office and starts to lead. Please watch the videos below, I believe they show the true Donald Trump and Mike Pence. I believe Trump is a good man who has a good heart and truly wants to help this country. I believe he truly loves this country. What a contrast. What a breath of fresh air. Again, please watch the videos and let me know what you think.

One last question: Compared to before the election, when it seemed inevitable that Hillary would be elected, now that Trump has been elected, does it change your thoughts or feelings on the proximity of the tribulations/2nd coming? I, for one, feel like we may have more time than I previously thought. It's due to the hope and optimism I spoke of, and I'm OK and thankful if we do have more time.

May God bless this country as we remember it is His land.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Re: The real Trump?

Post by gclayjr »

LDScop,

I don't know about things as profound as the second coming, but in regards to crap thats coming, I think he will hurry it along a bit. An analogy I have used before, is that the government is full of cockroaches, and he is going to give it a kick, and the roaches are going to come scurrying out and I believe that will precipitate something. Had Hillary won, the roaches would have kept feeding for awhile longer until that "unsustainable" moment occurred, then everything would have come crashing down.

I have always been a bit ambiguous about whether I wanted the crap thats coming to hurry up and get here (so that we can get through it), or whether every day we get before it gets here is a blessing to be enjoyed.

Regards,

George Clay

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

gclayjr wrote:LDScop,

I don't know about things as profound as the second coming, but in regards to crap thats coming, I think he will hurry it along a bit. An analogy I have used before, is that the government is full of cockroaches, and he is going to give it a kick, and the roaches are going to come scurrying out and I believe that will precipitate something. Had Hillary won, the roaches would have kept feeding for awhile longer until that "unsustainable" moment occurred, then everything would have come crashing down.

I have always been a bit ambiguous about whether I wanted the crap thats coming to hurry up and get here (so that we can get through it), or whether every day we get before it gets here is a blessing to be enjoyed.

Regards,

George Clay
I like your analysis. There are so many variables, really. Protesting, rioting, assassination threats. You may be right.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Oh please. Few around these parts are naive enough "to be told" what to think about anything. Opinions of Donald Trump can be squarely blamed on Donald Trump. We learned what we did of him FROM him.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

LDScop wrote:I did not vote for Trump, but I'm glad he beat out Hillary. There were lots of people, in Utah at least, who did not vote for Donald Trump because we were told he was not a good guy. We were told he was evil, the lesser of two evils. We were told he is sexist, racist, homophobic, and all these other fancy words that are used in political discourse to shut down dialogue.
From what Trump said, he confirmed he was a sexist and racist. He also made lots of promises, now we find out what will happen.

He won, so what is expected:
- On day 1(?), all violent illegal immigrants will be sent home. (Does this include Obama?)
- ObamaCare will start to be dismantled. It can only be repealed if 9 democrat senators help to vote against it. Otherwise, parts of ObamaCare can be shut down due to items related to the budget. The republicans already tried this, but Obama vetoed it. Trump can sign this now.
- Mexico starts building the southern wall.
- Iran sends speed boats to harass our ships. Trump blows them out of the water. Trump also tells Iran the deal that Obama made with them is revoked.
- Massive tax cut. How will this deficit be covered?

We will have to see what actually happens. Hopefully no groping.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

ebenezerarise wrote:Oh please. Few around these parts are naive enough "to be told" what to think about anything. Opinions of Donald Trump can be squarely blamed on Donald Trump. We learned what we did of him FROM him.

Then you didn't learn anything. Did you even watch the video? Do you know anything about Donald Trump? I don't think so.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

rewcox wrote:
LDScop wrote:I did not vote for Trump, but I'm glad he beat out Hillary. There were lots of people, in Utah at least, who did not vote for Donald Trump because we were told he was not a good guy. We were told he was evil, the lesser of two evils. We were told he is sexist, racist, homophobic, and all these other fancy words that are used in political discourse to shut down dialogue.
From what Trump said, he confirmed he was a sexist and racist. He also made lots of promises, now we find out what will happen.

- On day 1(?), all violent illegal immigrants will be sent home. (Does this include Obama?)
- ObamaCare will start to be dismantled. It can only be repealed if 9 democrat senators help to vote against it. Otherwise, parts of ObamaCare can be shut down due to items related to the budget. The republicans already tried this, but Obama vetoed it. Trump can sign this now.
- Iran sends speed boats to harass our ships. Trump blows them out of the water. Trump also tells Iran the deal that Obama made with them is revoked.

Trump is no sexist nor racist.
If you think that you have very very poor powers of discernment. Did you even watch the video?
dc

Look, the election is over. Your beast lost. Give it up.
No matter what you say or do Trump is the President for the next 4 years.
Find something productive to do with your life.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

David13 wrote:
rewcox wrote:

Trump is no sexist nor racist.
If you think that you have very very poor powers of discernment. Did you even watch the video?
dc
I listened to Trump, his remarks, his debates. Many "videos". Maybe he just said the bad stuff to get votes?

Let's see what happens in "real life".

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

I can't watch the videos in the OP right now. But I did just want to say that I think it's great to be optimistic about what you can control. Be happy and live well. But be careful not to get too comfortable because you think we have more time. This is exactly how Satan would catch you off guard. Get you comfortable, thinking there is always tomorrow, then... it's too late. Jesus will come like a thief in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-6

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

rewcox wrote:He won, so what is expected:

I would love to see many of those things happen, and more.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

LDScop wrote: . . . . . There were lots of people, in Utah at least, who did not vote for Donald Trump because we were told he was not a good guy. We were told he was evil, the lesser of two evils. We were told he is sexist, racist, homophobic, and all these other fancy words that are used in political discourse to shut down dialogue. . . . . .
This should be a cautionary tale for you regarding the reliability of the MSM and outlets that parrot their points of view, such as the Deseret News (almost ALL of the national/international news and commentary printed by the Deseret News comes from AP, Washington Post, New York Times and NY Time News service . . . all of which were/are extremely anti-Trump.

I learned NOTHING about Trump’s real positions from the Deseret News. Instead they pumped out a steady stream of anti-Trump spin and misrepresentation all during the campaign, sometimes printing as many as 3-4 anti-Trump stories per edition. Nothing about the serious accusations against Hillary that I’m aware of.

I strongly suggest you get in the habit of visiting so-called alternative news/information sites if you want to have any hope about discovering the truth about what is happening.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

David13 wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:Oh please. Few around these parts are naive enough "to be told" what to think about anything. Opinions of Donald Trump can be squarely blamed on Donald Trump. We learned what we did of him FROM him.

Then you didn't learn anything. Did you even watch the video? Do you know anything about Donald Trump? I don't think so.
dc
Watch the video? Which ones are you going to believe? The one where he drops the f-bomb? The one where he talks about grabbing women by the p*ssy? The one where he goes on a racist rant about mexican judges?

I don't think you've got the first clue about the guy and only want to defend what cannot be defended. Good grief.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

David13 wrote: Look, the election is over. Your beast lost. Give it up.
This is typical of the disenfranchisement those who don't embrace the mainstream face. My vote counts just as much as yours. You voted for this guy, now YOU defend him. Edit and post all the glorifying videos you want. It doesn't change the monster that is Trump any more than the lies so sickeningly promoted about Clinton changed her.

This dude is NOT good for America and he will lead to mass opposition and clear disaster. He's not conservative. In fact, he was Democrat as recently as 2008. Nobody really knows which way this guy is going except that he has a problem with his temper, his demeanor and, oh yeah, his integrity.

I believe he's been elected according to a globalist plan and will oversee the collapse of economies.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ebenezerarise wrote:
David13 wrote:

dc
. . . . . . The one where he goes on a racist rant about mexican judges? . . . . . .
LDScop, this is an example of someone being gulled by the MSM and their spin. Trump had very good reason to ask Judge Curiel to recuse himself from presiding over a lawsuit against himself and Trump University. The real back story on this issue has been printed many times on this forum.

Regarding the recording of his crude comments 11 years ago, notice how Ebenezer doesn't acknowledge Trump's very public apology (heard world-wide) for his comments, saying how what he did was wrong, and specifically apologizing to his family. This is a good part of the repentance process.

There is a real danger in holding on to such a black-and-white judgemental attitude against anyone, not just Trump.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ebenezerarise wrote:
This is typical of the disenfranchisement those who don't embrace the mainstream face. My vote counts just as much as yours. You voted for this guy, now YOU defend him. Edit and post all the glorifying videos you want. It doesn't change the monster that is Trump any more than the lies so sickeningly promoted about Clinton changed her.

This dude is NOT good for America and he will lead to mass opposition and clear disaster. He's not conservative. In fact, he was Democrat as recently as 2008. Nobody really knows which way this guy is going except that he has a problem with his temper, his demeanor and, oh yeah, his integrity.

I believe he's been elected according to a globalist plan and will oversee the collapse of economies.
" . . . the lies so sickeningly promoted about Clinton . . ."?? The accusations against Hillary are quite well documented, even by Comey, who gave her a by on actions she took that would have landed me in Leavenworth several times over if I had done similar things while working for the military.

Then there are the well-documented actions and threats she took against Bill's rape/attempted rape victims, among many other accusations against the woman.

And "Nobody really knows which way this guy is going . . ."?? You need to read his 100 day contract to the American voter that was printed here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44112#p749880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Maybe this will change your mind about this rather strange assertions you've made about him.

I'm seeing a profound misunderstanding of the man coming from you . . . shared of course, by a few others on this forum.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

ebenezerarise wrote:

My beliefs count as much as yours, and I believe time will prove you wrong. His temper, his demeanor and his integrity obviously didn't deter the American people from voting for him, he brought up issues that needed to be addressed, he spoke truth about changes this country needs, I do not believe he's been elected according to a globalist plan, my belief is that anti Trumpers are sorely disappointed that their votes did not count for anything but satisfying their judgemental righteousness.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

The Clintons are history. Now they can fade out of the spotlight.

Trump did say many nasty things during his campaign. It sounds like some people think this is just politics. Like Jekyll and Hyde.

If Trump can accomplish his mentioned plan, we will see how it works. Most conservatives would like this, including me. For the preppers and doomsday people, this will be very hard on them and put some out of business (that would be a good thing).

I'm not sure what the alt-rad-right will do now. No more Hillary to attack.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

rewcox wrote:The Clintons are history. Now they can fade out of the spotlight.

Trump did say many nasty things during his campaign. It sounds like some people think this is just politics. Like Jekyll and Hyde.

If Trump can accomplish his mentioned plan, we will see how it works. Most conservatives would like this, including me. For the preppers and doomsday people, this will be very hard on them and put some out of business (that would be a good thing).

Attacking Hillary was undertaken to prevent this hag from being elected President. This was accomplished. People supporting Trump will now be focused on supporting him accomplish his agenda.

They will also be standing by to prevent any derailment of Trump''s inauguration.

Not any more complicated than that.

The real question is: What? Will rewcox do with HIS time now that Trump has won. What will you do?? Your anti-Trump campaign was almost non-stop. This must leave you in an incredible vacuum.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

larsenb wrote:

Attacking Hillary was undertaken to prevent this hag from being elected President. This was accomplished. People supporting Trump will now be focused on supporting him accomplish his agenda.

They will also be standing by to prevent any derailment of Trump''s inauguration.

The real question is: What? Will rewcox do with HIS time now that Trump has won. What will you do?? Your anti-Trump campaign was almost non-stop. This must leave you in an incredible vacuum.
A few people understood what I was doing. I give the anti's, disaffected, false news, and preppers a hard time. I like that AI2.0 has posted a couple of threads on Trumps promises. Let's see how he does and hope it is successful.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

ebenezerarise wrote:
David13 wrote:

dc
Watch the video? Which ones are you going to believe? The one where he drops the f-bomb? The one where he talks about grabbing women by the p*ssy? The one where he goes on a racist rant about mexican judges?

I don't think you've got the first clue about the guy and only want to defend what cannot be defended. Good grief.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

ebenezerarise wrote:

This is typical of the disenfranchisement those who don't embrace the mainstream face.

Thank you. If you weren't so busy crying your crocodile tears you may realize what a complement that is.
dc

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

rewcox wrote:
larsenb wrote:

A few people understood what I was doing. I give the anti's, disaffected, false news, and preppers a hard time. I like that AI2.0 has posted a couple of threads on Trumps promises. Let's see how he does and hope it is successful.
Please explain, so you were indeed playing the devils advocate? You could redeem yourself by exposing that you did NOT vote Hillary.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

eddie wrote:
rewcox wrote:
larsenb wrote:

Please explain, so you were indeed playing the devils advocate? You could redeem yourself by exposing that you did NOT vote Hillary.
I did not like Trump's campaign method, it was quite offensive.

I did not vote for Trump.

I did not vote for Hillary.

I prefer conservative principles.

Trump made some promises. I expect him to do his best to deliver those promises. If he does, that would be good.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

larsenb wrote:
LDScop wrote: . . . . . There were lots of people, in Utah at least, who did not vote for Donald Trump because we were told he was not a good guy. We were told he was evil, the lesser of two evils. We were told he is sexist, racist, homophobic, and all these other fancy words that are used in political discourse to shut down dialogue. . . . . .
This should be a cautionary tale for you regarding the reliability of the MSM and outlets that parrot their points of view, such as the Deseret News (almost ALL of the national/international news and commentary printed by the Deseret News comes from AP, Washington Post, New York Times and NY Time News service . . . all of which were/are extremely anti-Trump.

I learned NOTHING about Trump’s real positions from the Deseret News. Instead they pumped out a steady stream of anti-Trump spin and misrepresentation all during the campaign, sometimes printing as many as 3-4 anti-Trump stories per edition. Nothing about the serious accusations against Hillary that I’m aware of.

I strongly suggest you get in the habit of visiting so-called alternative news/information sites if you want to have any hope about discovering the truth about what is happening.
I think you are spot on. I already don't listen to MSM for most stuff, but when you're told something over and over, even though you know it's propaganda, it still has an effect. I try to get news from legit sources, which usually means alt news. Sometimes alt sites are a flip side of the same MSM coin though.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

larsenb wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:
David13 wrote:

dc
. . . . . . The one where he goes on a racist rant about mexican judges? . . . . . .
LDScop, this is an example of someone being gulled by the MSM and their spin. Trump had very good reason to ask Judge Curiel to recuse himself from presiding over a lawsuit against himself and Trump University. The real back story on this issue has been printed many times on this forum.

Regarding the recording of his crude comments 11 years ago, notice how Ebenezer doesn't acknowledge Trump's very public apology (heard world-wide) for his comments, saying how what he did was wrong, and specifically apologizing to his family. This is a good part of the repentance process.

There is a real danger in holding on to such a black-and-white judgemental attitude against anyone, not just Trump.
You'd think I was a bad dude based on my language back in the 3rd grade. I was a foul mouthed SOB. I still say inappropriate things sometimes. Good thing we all don't have this dirt dug up and thrown on national TV. When did we stop looking for the good in people? People can change. People can repent. Oops, but he still said it, he must be a bad bad dude.