Comey Balks - Clinton Cleared by FBI Again

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Re: Comey Balks - Clinton Cleared by FBI Again

Post by skmo »

rewcox wrote:I know, you hate Hillary. Well, that hatred will probably get her elected.
Yes. It's been sickening to watch conservatives fall all over themselves to line up behind a generally odious man who's willing to spout Reaganisms and say unpolitical things to get the deeply conservatives fired up. It's like he was tossing raw steaks into the lions to get them fired up.

Had the GOP put almost ANY big name who has been involved in GOP politics up against the hildabeast, we'd be looking at a reversal of poll figures now. The right's hatred of the hildabeast has allowed them to be fed a steady diet of bullcrap couched in Reagan-like sayings (albeit taken to a more pointed and brusque degree than the Gipper ever did.)

Congratulations, conservatives. Your willingness to allow your hatred to blind you as to how truly disgusting Trump is has given up another, and FAR MORE Dangerous Clinton in the White House.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

skmo wrote:
rewcox wrote:I know, you hate Hillary. Well, that hatred will probably get her elected.
Yes. It's been sickening to watch conservatives fall all over themselves to line up behind a generally odious man who's willing to spout Reaganisms and say unpolitical things to get the deeply conservatives fired up. It's like he was tossing raw steaks into the lions to get them fired up.

Had the GOP put almost ANY big name who has been involved in GOP politics up against the hildabeast, we'd be looking at a reversal of poll figures now. The right's hatred of the hildabeast has allowed them to be fed a steady diet of bullcrap couched in Reagan-like sayings (albeit taken to a more pointed and brusque degree than the Gipper ever did.)

Congratulations, conservatives. Your willingness to allow your hatred to blind you as to how truly disgusting Trump is has given up another, and FAR MORE Dangerous Clinton in the White House.
Opinions are like navels, every human was born with one. Opinions are based on learned knowledge and/or the acceptance of said knowledge based of one's ability to understand and discern what is presented as to its truth or untruth. It is also based on one's own spiritual level and how much evil one is prepared to accept.
So insinuating some of us are blind is pure garbage, based on a person's unwillingness to look at both sides of an issue instead of looking at green and calling it red.
So my question is, if you dislike Trump so much why didn't you run for POTUS? It is way to easy to sit back and call people blind, rather than putting oneself in the driver's seat.
We haven't been given top notch candidates for POTUS for many years. When a rotten apple is placed in a barrel of good apples soon there will be more bad apples. The problem is that no one is removing the bad apples in order to bring back a growth, an increase of good apples. So we deal with what there is, we cast a vote for someone we hope...hope will have some of the good ideals we possess...it can be a hit or miss situation...blind or not. And I'm not clairvoyant. Are you?

This concept parallels Jacob Ch 5.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

freedomforall wrote:So insinuating some of us are blind is pure garbage, based on a person's unwillingness to look at both sides of an issue instead of looking at green and calling it red.
To be honest, it was how I honestly saw things. (Good call, though, I actually am color bling red and green - It's why I didn't get my Air Traffic job years ago.) I couldn't see how someone as farcical as Trump could get elected. As i said elsewhere, I couldn't be more thrilled to be proven wrong.
So my question is, if you dislike Trump so much why didn't you run for POTUS? It is way to easy to sit back and call people blind, rather than putting oneself in the driver's seat.
Decent people usually don't get into really high offices, there's too much evil in their way. Until we get a change of government, and I do mean a Triumphal Change, the best we're going to be able to hope for is the less bad candidate. Thanks be that this time we did, indeed, get that. I'm still in shock, frankly. Happily, though.