Evan McMullin for President 2016 LDS?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Re: Evan McMullin for President 2016 LDS?

Post by Lexew1899 »

McMullin saddened as John Boehner is stepping down...
But not to fear, a new GOP establishment goon will take his place...
Part of the new team, left corner...
The "3rd Party" plan was hatched in March. It has to be someone from the "Republicans" to steal votes away...

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

"As your president, I will do everything in my power to protect LGBTQ citizens"

- Donald J Trump

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Lexew1899 wrote:McMullin saddened as John Boehner is stepping down...
But not to fear, a new GOP establishment goon will take his place...
Part of the new team, left corner...
The "3rd Party" plan was hatched in March. It has to be someone from the "Republicans" to steal votes away...
Wow a candidate who is respectful. Thanks for sharing!

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

"I’m very pro-choice. I am pro-choice in every respect.”

-Donald J Trump

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

GrandMasterB, if you are going to quote Trump, you shouldn't attempt to take it out of context.

Here's the full quote:
As your president, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology, believe me.
He is obviously referencing ISIS.

Let's see, Hillary wants to bring in over a million immigrants her first year in office, unvetted. I guarantee that ISIS will be amongst them in full force. We will literally have war right here in America.

Trump wants to stop immigration from potential terrorist countries, until there is a way to properly vet these people.

So, yes as a President he has a responsibility to protect US citizens, obviously.

This just goes to show how stupid Clinton's policies are. Who thinks it is a good idea to mix ISIS with homosexuals, and think that's not a powder keg ready to explode.
Last edited by anonymous91 on October 25th, 2016, 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

GrandMasterB wrote:"I’m very pro-choice. I am pro-choice in every respect.”

-Donald J Trump
He's changed his position. It happens. He's pro life now and that's the main reason I'm voting for him. He stands a chance to protect millions of unborn babies. McMullin would prefer Hillary and she's extremely pro choice. McMullin has zero chance of becoming president. His role is to be a spoiler for Trump so Hillary can turbo charge planned parenthood to ensure thousands more moms feel a-ok about killing Gods children. Way to go McMullin and those who support him :ymsick:
Let's see, who claims that he's NOT the lesser of two evils? Oh yeah, Evan McMullin.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

“I’m very capable of changing to anything I want to change to,”

- Donald J Trump

Merriner
captain of 50

Post by Merriner »

Kate Dalley on 10/22. She rips McMullin apart with the facts. Kate Dalley is also LDS and lives in St. George, and she can't believe how naive Utahans are. Good thread guys. If people want to vote 3rd party, Darrel Castle is the only legit candidate. He has no chance of winning like any other third party, but if you are voting for a candidate rather than trying to cast a vote against a candidate then you should vote for Darrel. Who are you voting FOR, not who are you voting against. If you are voting against Hillary, then you will vote for Trump. I actually don't think he is evil. Listen to Kate Dalley and maybe she can help you through your decision process.

https://soundcloud.com/user-201995189/d ... lin-102216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merriner
captain of 50

Post by Merriner »

Here's my cut and paste of a post about voting 3rd party vs the lesser of two evils that I wrote for another thread. I don't like repeating myself, so here's the paste.

Here is a great article about voting on principle. http://www.ldsliberty.org/why-you-vote-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... e-matters/

He goes through how voting for something bad for the right reasons instead of voting for good for the right reasons is a form of idolatry. It's like what President Kimball called being "anti-enemy" instead of "pro-kingdom of God" It is a deception. Speaking against something or someone by picking the lesser evil is still voting for evil (supporting evil) making you anti-kingdom of God. We think by destroying the worst and choosing semi-bad that we will get some sort of gray in the middle. We are either voting for good, or we are voting for evil.

Here's a few quotes I like.

"Under existing circumstances we have no alternative, and if we can accomplish our object, well, if not we shall have the satisfaction of knowing that we have acted conscientiously, and have used our best judgment. And if we have to throw away our votes, we had better do so upon a worthy rather than an unworthy individual who might make use of the weapon we put in his hand to destroy us.” -Joseph Smith, Jr., talking about his Presidential run.

"We engage in the election the same as in any other principle; you are to vote for good men, and if you do not do this it is a sin; to vote for wicked men, it would be sin. Choose the good and refuse the evil. Men of false principles have preyed upon us like wolves upon helpless lambs. Damn the rod of tyranny; curse it. Let every man use his liberties according to the Constitution. Don't fear man or devil; electioneer with all people, male and female, and exhort them to do the thing that is right. We want a President of the U.S., not a party President, but a President of the whole people; for a party President disfranchises the opposite party. Have a President who will maintain every man in his rights." -Pres. Hyrum Smith

Another one I like, but haven't been able to verify as of yet is the one in the article linked.

"If you vote for the lesser of two evils you are still voting for evil and you will be judged for it. You should always vote for the best possible candidate, whether they have a chance of winning or not, and then, even if the worst possible candidate wins, the Lord will bless our country more because more people were willing to stand up for what is right." Ezra Taft Benson (supposedly)

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Merriner wrote:Kate Dalley on 10/22. She rips McMullin apart with the facts. Kate Dalley is also LDS and lives in St. George, and she can't believe how naive Utahans are. Good thread guys. If people want to vote 3rd party, Darrel Castle is the only legit candidate. He has no chance of winning like any other third party, but if you are voting for a candidate rather than trying to cast a vote against a candidate then you should vote for Darrel. Who are you voting FOR, not who are you voting against. If you are voting against Hillary, then you will vote for Trump. I actually don't think he is evil. Listen to Kate Dalley and maybe she can help you through your decision process.

https://soundcloud.com/user-201995189/d ... lin-102216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I actually will have to listen to the Spirit on this one. Satan has misinformation out there on everyone. Only the spirit can help us dicern what is right or wrong anymore.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Merriner wrote:Here's my cut and paste of a post about voting 3rd party vs the lesser of two evils that I wrote for another thread. I don't like repeating myself, so here's the paste.

Here is a great article about voting on principle. http://www.ldsliberty.org/why-you-vote-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... e-matters/

He goes through how voting for something bad for the right reasons instead of voting for good for the right reasons is a form of idolatry. It's like what President Kimball called being "anti-enemy" instead of "pro-kingdom of God" It is a deception. Speaking against something or someone by picking the lesser evil is still voting for evil (supporting evil) making you anti-kingdom of God. We think by destroying the worst and choosing semi-bad that we will get some sort of gray in the middle. We are either voting for good, or we are voting for evil.

Here's a few quotes I like.

"Under existing circumstances we have no alternative, and if we can accomplish our object, well, if not we shall have the satisfaction of knowing that we have acted conscientiously, and have used our best judgment. And if we have to throw away our votes, we had better do so upon a worthy rather than an unworthy individual who might make use of the weapon we put in his hand to destroy us.” -Joseph Smith, Jr., talking about his Presidential run.

"We engage in the election the same as in any other principle; you are to vote for good men, and if you do not do this it is a sin; to vote for wicked men, it would be sin. Choose the good and refuse the evil. Men of false principles have preyed upon us like wolves upon helpless lambs. Damn the rod of tyranny; curse it. Let every man use his liberties according to the Constitution. Don't fear man or devil; electioneer with all people, male and female, and exhort them to do the thing that is right. We want a President of the U.S., not a party President, but a President of the whole people; for a party President disfranchises the opposite party. Have a President who will maintain every man in his rights." -Pres. Hyrum Smith

Another one I like, but haven't been able to verify as of yet is the one in the article linked.

"If you vote for the lesser of two evils you are still voting for evil and you will be judged for it. You should always vote for the best possible candidate, whether they have a chance of winning or not, and then, even if the worst possible candidate wins, the Lord will bless our country more because more people were willing to stand up for what is right." Ezra Taft Benson (supposedly)
Gracias!

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Merriner wrote:Kate Dalley on 10/22. She rips McMullin apart with the facts. Kate Dalley is also LDS and lives in St. George, and she can't believe how naive Utahans are. Good thread guys. If people want to vote 3rd party, Darrel Castle is the only legit candidate. He has no chance of winning like any other third party, but if you are voting for a candidate rather than trying to cast a vote against a candidate then you should vote for Darrel. Who are you voting FOR, not who are you voting against. If you are voting against Hillary, then you will vote for Trump. I actually don't think he is evil. Listen to Kate Dalley and maybe she can help you through your decision process.

Excellent podcast. Kate's got her head screwed on right. She gets it.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Lexew1899 wrote:McMullin isn't even a legitimate 3rd Party candidate. He is a GOP establishment shill. Everyone who knows anything about him know he loves Paul Ryan and John Boehner. McMullin is a neoconservative.
And a liar. Check his website in regards to foreign policy.

McMuffy knows he is only in it to destroy Trump. So he can make outlandish claims and get away with it at this point of the game. Sad thing is that the press in Utah will not call him on it.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Fiannan wrote:
Lexew1899 wrote:McMullin isn't even a legitimate 3rd Party candidate. He is a GOP establishment shill. Everyone who knows anything about him know he loves Paul Ryan and John Boehner. McMullin is a neoconservative.

McMuffy knows he is only in it to destroy Trump. So he can make outlandish claims and get away with it at this point of the game. Sad thing is that the press in Utah will not call him on it.
Awesome. Thanks for helping me want to vote for McMullin even more.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

I listened to the show. Didn't hear much ripping apart. Mostly Trump talking points and selling of Hillary's America documentary. She didn't share any facts and just generalized what she thought of McMullin's website for 10 minutes. Just another biased opinion. Shame!

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Fiannan wrote:

What is wrong with liars? Trump and Hillary are both liars.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

What is wrong with liars? Trump and Hillary are both liars.
At least you admit the CIA dude is a liar.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

Why not vote directly for Hillary and skip the middle-man?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Fiannan wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

Sure I can vote for Trump. A vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

You go ahead and do that then.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:

Yes, so vote for Trump! :)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I hope someone takes the most significant posts and makes a new "Evan McMullin Is Bait" thread, especially since some of the better stuff is back a few pages... The Plan C comment he put up on social media, the Republican woman, a few Kate Dalley comments in print, the "Paul Ryan guy", etc.

At the top, please destroy the myth of "voting for the lesser of two evils" as a President Benson quote.

There is great and important information, but back in here, very few will see it.

And please, Utahns, remember that king Noah, Amlici, and Amalickiah were all "good Mormons".

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

GrandMasterB wrote:He is not admitting to murdering anyone. He says that people like Fiannan may call him a murderer as their opinion. He knows he is killing evil people but has a clear conscience knowing those people can no longer harm anyone. Nephi killed Laban. Yes by some anti mormons out there Nephi committed murder, but that doesn't make it true or what Nephi did, wrong.
When McMullin goes on record that "the Spirit commanded me to kill them", let me know...

BIG question: Is killing evil people, justifiable murder?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
Killing is not the same as murder. Are you calling Nephi a murderer? Since when do terrorist who behead men woman and children for pleasure not deserve to die? Sounds like you are the one condoning murder of the innocent.
Since he was not doing his job when ISIS existed who were the men or women he might have erased? I think we have a right to know what kind of entity wears an LDS label and asks us to vote for him.
They (terrorists) were doing this in Afghanistan. They were blowing up little girls trying to go to school. Did you serve in the hospital in Afghanistan and see what happened to these people at the hands of these terrorist murderers? We had CIA all over Afghanistan and Iraq even before the wars. Why don't you go learn for yourself about these things instead of restating alt/right Gadianton Robber lies.
How does he know these people were terrorists? Or was he blanket killing, and letting God sort them out?

What I have seen, are pictures of all kinds of babies born with horrendous deathly birth defects, thanks to the USA's depleted uranium. Have you? No? Ah, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlAtE-IuPk8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Read some more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlAtE-IuPk8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

JohnnyL wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
Killing is not the same as murder. Are you calling Nephi a murderer? Since when do terrorist who behead men woman and children for pleasure not deserve to die? Sounds like you are the one condoning murder of the innocent.
Since he was not doing his job when ISIS existed who were the men or women he might have erased? I think we have a right to know what kind of entity wears an LDS label and asks us to vote for him.
They (terrorists) were doing this in Afghanistan. They were blowing up little girls trying to go to school. Did you serve in the hospital in Afghanistan and see what happened to these people at the hands of these terrorist murderers? We had CIA all over Afghanistan and Iraq even before the wars. Why don't you go learn for yourself about these things instead of restating alt/right Gadianton Robber lies.
How does he know these people were terrorists? Or was he blanket killing, and letting God sort them out?

What I have seen, are pictures of all kinds of babies born with horrendous deathly birth defects, thanks to the USA's depleted uranium. Have you? No? Ah, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlAtE-IuPk8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Read some more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlAtE-IuPk8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If this is a link to info wars I am not interested. I am sure you believe the government is also mixing human DNA with fish DNA and creating fish people? Please for your own good stop smoking Alex Jones.