Evan McMullin for President 2016 LDS?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Evan McMullin for President 2016 LDS?

Post by AI2.0 »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Lexew1899 wrote:Evan McMullin is responsible for his own disgraceful actions. Blaming others for his vile and hateful lashing out against the American voters is really sad. If Evan was so concerned about the country he should have ran for President in an open and honest election. Not sqiurm his way in via Bill Kristol and the Romney, Bush money men. Perhaps his puffed up ego couldn't stop him from spending some time in the limelight.

But thanks for constantly bumping this thread. Many guest readers have thanked me for writing it. Getting the truth out about McMullin is wonderful. Much thanks! :ymapplause:
What is disgraceful about his actions? You mean exercising his freedom of speech? The primaries are held so the 2 corrupt parties can select their nominees and make the people feel like they have a say in that process. Anyone can run for president outside of the disgraceful 2 party system. Just remember you can buy anything in this world with money, even the Presidency of the United States.
Yea, I don't get it? What has McMullin done that was so evil? He decided to run for President...was Ron Paul evil for doing the same thing four years ago? Why so much hatred directed at a man? I really don't understand the attacks, the accusations, the jeering at him that I've observed on this forum, it's disturbing. I also don't understand the bullying against those who don't support Trump. I wonder if there is a need among Trump supporters to feel that others must also join them or they don't feel validated in their choice--talk about peer pressure!!!

I don't remember so much backlash directed at a third party candidate and those who choose to vote for them, as I've seen from Trump supporters on this forum. I also heard that David French (who was considering a third party run several months ago) was viciously attacked and stalked, and his family as well. Something is wrong this election season and it's frightening the spirit of darkness and evil which has gained power....

The fact is, we MUST break the two party system that has brought about this evil or there will be no chance to change the direction we are headed. The Dems are leftist liberals and if Trump and his supporters remain in power, the Republicans will become moderate-left, with Nationalist/populist/totalitarian leanings. Under either one, the Country is lurching away from Constitutional rule and it will take strength outside the two parties to stop it. Of course no third party will win this election, but if we continue to encourage, believe and promote the lies about having to vote for the Dem or the Rep. and never vote for anyone else, we will continue to see the demise of our country.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Fiannan wrote:
If it goes to the House, McMullin has 0% chance. Clinton has 100% chance.
That is what that operative wishes. He was covert ops. He knows his business. And what is unfair is he is manipulating the most trusting people of all time.
Yup, that's the plan. Which is why it must be kept out of the house. Seriously, low-ranking GR are going to take on a high-ranking GR that's executing a GR plan? Lol.

mhewett
captain of 100

Post by mhewett »

McMullin is there for one purpose only, to split the Republican vote so that Hillary gets elected. It's that simple.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Mormons are getting conned if they vote for this spoiler.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

mhewett wrote:McMullin is there for one purpose only, to split the Republican vote so that Hillary gets elected. It's that simple.
How is that possible? He's only on a handful of ballots, he has NO CHANCE in He** of splitting the Republican vote! No, the reason he's running is because many principled LDS people did not feel they could vote for Trump or Clinton and McMullin got in the race to start a movement for after the election and in this election-- give them a person to vote for. He has no name recognition, he'll only get a small percentage of votes. He may get 10 to 20 percent in Utah, but I think the wind is out of his sails with several Utah politicians coming forward and saying they will not endorse or support Trump but they will cast their vote for him. That will influence many LDS to vote for Trump and not McMullin and Trump will carry Utah. Utah voters are big on name recognition--they voted Huntsman in even though he was very much like Trump--a democrat who pretended to be Republican so he could be elected Governor. My prediction is Trump will still win Utah and McMullin votes will hardly register anywhere else.

You should be more worried about the fact that the dufus party chose the candidate with the highest negatives of the 17 running. If anything, THAT will depress voter turnout and give Clinton the win. Honestly, it comes down to who's more feared, because that's what's driving a lot of the voting and of course, who actually makes the effort to cast a vote. The Dems are much better at getting their voting base out to the polls.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

The reality is that Mcmullin wants Hillary to win, he's a shill. He has this seething hatred and animosity against Trump. Just take a look at this news interview he recently had:
Then he he straight up lies about Trump. Either that or his CIA buddies ought to be in jail for sharing classified information with him, see this clip:
Here are a couple of LDS members who understand what we are really facing. First a video clip here:
Finally, a sound clip from another LDS member can be found here:

https://soundcloud.com/user-201995189/d ... lin-102216

usa
Hi, I'm new.

Post by usa »

Here's a real test for Evan McMullin supporters: Are you in it to win it, or are you in it to elect Hillary? If you're in it to win this election, there's exactly one strategy that stands a chance of working, and that's to deny all candidates 270 electoral votes. So you'd vote for Evan in Utah, vote for Gary Johnson in New Mexico, and vote strategically according to this map to split the votes among Hillary & Trump in all the other states. If Evan has just 1% support nationwide, this will work. The other nice thing about this strategy is it's gaining support among None-of-the-Above voters who just want to see some election reform this time around. www.VoteZero.org

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

I saw Sister Julie B. Beck was saying the prayer at a Pence rally a couple days ago...
https://twitter.com/tvheidihatch/status ... 5436285952" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Bill Kristol loves Evan

https://www.libertarianinstitute.org/bl ... a-in-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Last edited by Lexew1899 on November 5th, 2016, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

White supremacist and BYU grad, William Johnson robocalls Utah voters again

Johnson robocalled Utah back in the primaries

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

It sounds like a set-up, or the guy is crazy.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Johnson even made some news back in May being chosen as a Trump delegate. Johnson is just trying to be a good example for white supremacists
Trump Campaign Corresponded With Its White Nationalist Delegate Long After "Database Error"

On Tuesday, Mother Jones broke the story that the Trump campaign had selected William Johnson, a prominent white nationalist leader, as a California delegate. The Trump campaign responded with the following statement:
Yesterday the Trump campaign submitted its list of California delegates to be certified by the Secretary of State of California. A database error led to the inclusion of a potential delegate that had been rejected and removed from the campaign's list in February 2016.
Reached again by Mother Jones late Tuesday, Johnson said he would resign as a delegate if asked to do so by the campaign. "I accept Trump's explanation," he said, regarding the statement. "I don't want to gainsay the Trump campaign. If I am not removed from the database, I will resign."

Although the Trump campaign blamed a "database error" for including Johnson as a delegate, the campaign corresponded with him personally just over 24 hours ago. Trump's California delegate coordinator, Katie Lagomarsino, sent Johnson a congratulatory email on Monday, and when he asked for clarification about how to send his completed pledge form back to the campaign, she replied. Here is the email exchange (with the personal contact information redacted by Mother Jones):

Mother Jones also has a copy of the pledge form discussed in the email exchange, which Johnson signed and sent to the Trump campaign on Monday. You can see his pledge here.

Update, 6pm PDT: ABC News' Candace Smith reports that Johnson may remain a Trump delegate per California regulations:

NEW: White Nationalist William Johnson remains on Trump's delegate list. Statement from CA Secretary of State Spox: pic.twitter.com/v7DNg0QE7v

— Candace Smith (@CandaceSmith_) May 11, 2016

Screen shot of tweet:

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

So what? The white race is entitled to representation and protection.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Here is an older video that goes over the origins and secret combinations of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), which Evan is a member of.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

McMullin dead in the polls. Work accomplished. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archiv ... ird-place/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to everyone who helped contribute to the thread, especially those who didn't necessarily agree with it, but realized how important it was for people to sincerely study a candidate out before blindly following them only because of their religious affiliation.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I wonder how many non-forum hits this thread had...

///
Though I'm not thinking "this is over" until it really is.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Joel wrote:White supremacist and BYU grad, William Johnson robocalls Utah voters again

Johnson robocalled Utah back in the primaries
Yes, he did indeed make robocalls--My sister received one. He made them in order to try to sway LDS to vote for Donald Trump. Notice that? A white supremacist for Donald Trump and so he made the calls to hurt Evan McMullin.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

JohnnyL wrote:It sounds like a set-up, or the guy is crazy.
It wasn't a set up, This guy had his won PAC in support of Donald Trump and was attempting to stop McMullin's rise in the polls. He stopped the calls and 'apologized' a couple of days ago when news of it hit the media.

McMullin's rise in the polls has ended and Trump is winning, easily.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re:

Post by AI2.0 »

Elizabeth wrote:So what? The white race is entitled to representation and protection.
If this was a general discussion forum, you could get away with saying 'so what', but it's not. This is an LDS forum and our LDS faith is incompatible with racist views.

Your views are not in harmony with the teachings of the church.
"The church's position is clear," LDS Church spokesman Michael Purdy said. "We believe all people are God's children and are equal in His eyes and in the church. We do not tolerate racism in any form."
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7655 ... tml?pg=all

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Lexew1899 wrote:McMullin dead in the polls. Work accomplished. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archiv ... ird-place/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to everyone who helped contribute to the thread, especially those who didn't necessarily agree with it, but realized how important it was for people to sincerely study a candidate out before blindly following them only because of their religious affiliation.
How about blindly following a candidate because they like his 'style' or his wealth and fame? As for 'work accomplished' in destroying Evan McMullin, it seems that 'the end justifies the means' is Trump's modus operandi and it's apparently shared by his supporters. I don't think you REALLY wanted the people to sincerely study Trump's record (of business/personal/political) cause if they had, he wouldn't have become the Republican nominee.

But that's water under the bridge now. No going back. I guess we just wait and see what happens Tuesday.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

I wouldn't suggest for anybody to like any political candidate because of their "style", or their religious affiliation, or because they apparently say their prayers and take their vitamins every night. I am glad enough good and honest people in the state of Utah did their due diligence and studied out the policies of Evan and realized they weren't in harmony with their own principles.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

AI2.0 wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:It sounds like a set-up, or the guy is crazy.
It wasn't a set up, This guy had his won PAC in support of Donald Trump and was attempting to stop McMullin's rise in the polls. He stopped the calls and 'apologized' a couple of days ago when news of it hit the media.

McMullin's rise in the polls has ended and Trump is winning, easily.
I mean, anyone can set up a PAC without the candidates clearance, can't they?

This guy had his won PAC"--I'm not sure what this means?

Maybe the calls worked, eh? Lol. I hope, and hope not more...
Last edited by JohnnyL on November 5th, 2016, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

AI2.0 wrote:
Joel wrote:White supremacist and BYU grad, William Johnson robocalls Utah voters again
Yes, he did indeed make robocalls--My sister received one. He made them in order to try to sway LDS to vote for Donald Trump. Notice that? A white supremacist for Donald Trump and so he made the calls to hurt Evan McMullin.
"A white supremacist for Donald Trump AND SO he made the calls to hurt EM." Is EM a White?

Would you say EM is racist? I mean, going after and killing people for doing things everyone else is doing--what is his motivation, I wonder?

Is Clinton racist? Have you watched her video about Blacks? Lol, no need to ask that question... And as we see the GR and population control, do you think Whites are at the top of the thinning list?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Final election results for the Deseret News' poster boy, Evan McMullin . . . . from: http://www.politico.com/2016-election/r ... /president" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Election Results for Evan McMullin:

Arkansas: 1.2 %
Colorado: 1.0%
Idaho: 6.8%
Iowa: 0.8%
Kentucky: 1.2%
Louisiana: 0.4%
Minnesota: 1.8%
New Mexico: 0.7%
South Carolina: 1.0%
Utah: 20.6%
Virginia: 1.4%

Somewhat gratifying that only 20% of Utah voters were gulled by this attempt by the Deseret News to foist this guy on it's readers. Idaho's 6.8% is even better, but still dismaying.