Evan McMullin for President 2016 LDS?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Re: Evan McMullin for President 2016 LDS?

Post by Lexew1899 »

McMullin dead in the polls. Work accomplished. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archiv ... ird-place/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to everyone who helped contribute to the thread, especially those who didn't necessarily agree with it, but realized how important it was for people to sincerely study a candidate out before blindly following them only because of their religious affiliation.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I wonder how many non-forum hits this thread had...

///
Though I'm not thinking "this is over" until it really is.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Joel wrote:White supremacist and BYU grad, William Johnson robocalls Utah voters again

Johnson robocalled Utah back in the primaries
Yes, he did indeed make robocalls--My sister received one. He made them in order to try to sway LDS to vote for Donald Trump. Notice that? A white supremacist for Donald Trump and so he made the calls to hurt Evan McMullin.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

JohnnyL wrote:It sounds like a set-up, or the guy is crazy.
It wasn't a set up, This guy had his won PAC in support of Donald Trump and was attempting to stop McMullin's rise in the polls. He stopped the calls and 'apologized' a couple of days ago when news of it hit the media.

McMullin's rise in the polls has ended and Trump is winning, easily.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re:

Post by AI2.0 »

Elizabeth wrote:So what? The white race is entitled to representation and protection.
If this was a general discussion forum, you could get away with saying 'so what', but it's not. This is an LDS forum and our LDS faith is incompatible with racist views.

Your views are not in harmony with the teachings of the church.
"The church's position is clear," LDS Church spokesman Michael Purdy said. "We believe all people are God's children and are equal in His eyes and in the church. We do not tolerate racism in any form."
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7655 ... tml?pg=all

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Lexew1899 wrote:McMullin dead in the polls. Work accomplished. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archiv ... ird-place/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to everyone who helped contribute to the thread, especially those who didn't necessarily agree with it, but realized how important it was for people to sincerely study a candidate out before blindly following them only because of their religious affiliation.
How about blindly following a candidate because they like his 'style' or his wealth and fame? As for 'work accomplished' in destroying Evan McMullin, it seems that 'the end justifies the means' is Trump's modus operandi and it's apparently shared by his supporters. I don't think you REALLY wanted the people to sincerely study Trump's record (of business/personal/political) cause if they had, he wouldn't have become the Republican nominee.

But that's water under the bridge now. No going back. I guess we just wait and see what happens Tuesday.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

I wouldn't suggest for anybody to like any political candidate because of their "style", or their religious affiliation, or because they apparently say their prayers and take their vitamins every night. I am glad enough good and honest people in the state of Utah did their due diligence and studied out the policies of Evan and realized they weren't in harmony with their own principles.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

AI2.0 wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:It sounds like a set-up, or the guy is crazy.
It wasn't a set up, This guy had his won PAC in support of Donald Trump and was attempting to stop McMullin's rise in the polls. He stopped the calls and 'apologized' a couple of days ago when news of it hit the media.

McMullin's rise in the polls has ended and Trump is winning, easily.
I mean, anyone can set up a PAC without the candidates clearance, can't they?

This guy had his won PAC"--I'm not sure what this means?

Maybe the calls worked, eh? Lol. I hope, and hope not more...
Last edited by JohnnyL on November 5th, 2016, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

AI2.0 wrote:
Joel wrote:White supremacist and BYU grad, William Johnson robocalls Utah voters again
Yes, he did indeed make robocalls--My sister received one. He made them in order to try to sway LDS to vote for Donald Trump. Notice that? A white supremacist for Donald Trump and so he made the calls to hurt Evan McMullin.
"A white supremacist for Donald Trump AND SO he made the calls to hurt EM." Is EM a White?

Would you say EM is racist? I mean, going after and killing people for doing things everyone else is doing--what is his motivation, I wonder?

Is Clinton racist? Have you watched her video about Blacks? Lol, no need to ask that question... And as we see the GR and population control, do you think Whites are at the top of the thinning list?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Final election results for the Deseret News' poster boy, Evan McMullin . . . . from: http://www.politico.com/2016-election/r ... /president" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Election Results for Evan McMullin:

Arkansas: 1.2 %
Colorado: 1.0%
Idaho: 6.8%
Iowa: 0.8%
Kentucky: 1.2%
Louisiana: 0.4%
Minnesota: 1.8%
New Mexico: 0.7%
South Carolina: 1.0%
Utah: 20.6%
Virginia: 1.4%

Somewhat gratifying that only 20% of Utah voters were gulled by this attempt by the Deseret News to foist this guy on it's readers. Idaho's 6.8% is even better, but still dismaying.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

larsenb wrote:Final election results for the Deseret News' poster boy, Evan McMullin . . . . from: http://www.politico.com/2016-election/r ... /president" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Election Results for Evan McMullin:

Arkansas: 1.2 %
Colorado: 1.0%
Idaho: 6.8%
Iowa: 0.8%
Kentucky: 1.2%
Louisiana: 0.4%
Minnesota: 1.8%
New Mexico: 0.7%
South Carolina: 1.0%
Utah: 20.6%
Virginia: 1.4%

Somewhat gratifying that only 20% of Utah voters were gulled by this attempt by the Deseret News to foist this guy on it's readers. Idaho's 6.8% is even better, but still dismaying.
Now that segment of the LDS population will have to go back to judging teenage LDS gals they see wearing bikinis and men who pass the sacrament wearing blue shirts. ;)

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 5bc85e.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Poor Evan.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

So glad Utah didn't fall for it!

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Evan McMullin is in the news again for being the first to suggest making a Stasi style blacklist, which inspired AOC and the rest. A wolf in sheep's clothing confirmed.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Egg McMuffin's 'wolf in sheep's clothing' status was well-confirmed four years ago. All the deceived, deluded Mormons who voted for him should have their names on a list, too - and no doubt they will, as Satan loves to eat his own.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

What? I thought he was a conservative mormon with Utah values who represented dignity, apple pie and the American Way.

My faith in the system is shook.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

LOLOLOLOL You're funny. ^