I expect that Romney will replace Trump - White Horse, anyone?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Re: I expect that Romney will replace Trump - White Horse, anyone?

Post by ebenezerarise »

My, my. Indeed. When you can't get agreement you get personal attacks.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

If Evan is such a righteous Mormon, why is he unmarried at 40 years old? This is a serious question. Maybe the word "righteous" is too harsh. Sorry. Is he an active Latter Day Saint? With so many eligible LDS women looking for husbands, one would think he would be married. Brigham Young, as well as some of our other latter day Prophets, had stern things to say about unmarried men in the Church over a certain age.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Do you seriously think it is as easy finding a righteous young LDS woman? Sorry, but I see a sea of confused, equally-uncommitted young women out there as I do young men in the Church.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

rewcox wrote:I would like Romney too, but any change now wouldn't help.

Circumstances will probably be even worse when the time comes to save the country. The radical right, which includes Breitbart, will probably create a third party. They use propaganda and lies to promote their agenda. They are a real secret combination. They are positioning for after the election.

It doesn't help to have prepper mania going on either. This place is overrun with preppers and radical right.
Your last chance to get your prepps - time to start panic prepping inflation about to hit the roof.

Trump is the man of the moment, all the other Republicans are cowardly dogs with no backbone and Obama just steamrolles over them.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Matchmaker wrote:If Evan is such a righteous Mormon, why is he unmarried at 40 years old? This is a serious question. Maybe the word "righteous" is too harsh. Sorry. Is he an active Latter Day Saint? With so many eligible LDS women looking for husbands, one would think he would be married. Brigham Young, as well as some of our other latter day Prophets, had stern things to say about unmarried men in the Church over a certain age.
40 and single is a smart man indeed - in this modern world there is no benefit to marriage.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

MrNasty wrote: . . . . Here is what I believe is happening. I have prayed a lot about this. The American people already rejected a morally right man in Mitt Romney in 2012. Strike 1? He was more moderate on governments role than I would have liked but his character was sound. Still the people rejected him and chose Obama who was already taking away our freedoms and plunging American into accepting all manner of wickedness. Now the Lord puts 13 candidates out there. And what do we do? We select the worst one by character alone and probably by policy too depending on which one Trump has today. I firmly believe the Lord is running the show/test. When judgment comes no one will be able to cry and say, "but why Lord?" We had a chance with Mitt to turn things around. Then the Lord gives us the benefit of the doubt and provides 13 candidates to choose from to see if we will still choose the worst one. And the people did! Strike 2? Trump is the worst candidate. He was the most vile during the primaries by far. That choice I believe will testify against this nation when judgment comes. Maybe the Lord will give us a third chance but as we know only 2 witnesses are required. At this point it wouldn't matter if Hillary or Trump became president. The end result would be the same. They are both hungry for power and wealth. Trump used crony capitalism while Clinton used the political system as a means to gain power and wealth. And they have both succeeded. This is just my opinion and no scriptures will be provided. I believe judgment is next. I also believe that Evan is running specifically so all those who want to can show the Lord that character still matters to them. The Lord had always provided a choice other than evil. With Evan, Castle and dare I say Johnson we have another choice in contrast to blatant wickedness. I thank the Lord for that.
You obviously have a high opinion of Mitt Romney. I see him as extremely naive . . . . or complicit, in his political views and actions. Mitt's father, George, did exactly the equivalent thing to Goldwater in 1964, that Mitt has done and is doing to Trump, the only candidate with a hope of turning things around . . . especially because of his understanding of the globalist onslaught.

And Evan McMullin is certainly not an option given to us by the Lord. The actually people behind him are prominent neoconservatives and 'Never Trumpers'. Republicans voting for McMullin are in effect helping Hillary win the election.

Hillary, by almost an infinitive amount, is the worst candidate. The reasons have been before you for almost decades and touted repeatedly on this forum and certainly elsewhere . . . . . and she keeps adding to her list of awful conduct and misdeeds

What will invite the judgements of the Lord on us, is if we allow her to get into the White House.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Spaced_Out wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:If Evan is such a righteous Mormon, why is he unmarried at 40 years old? This is a serious question. Maybe the word "righteous" is too harsh. Sorry. Is he an active Latter Day Saint? With so many eligible LDS women looking for husbands, one would think he would be married. Brigham Young, as well as some of our other latter day Prophets, had stern things to say about unmarried men in the Church over a certain age.
40 and single is a smart man indeed - in this modern world there is no benefit to marriage.
You may have a point there. Mark at least one plus for Evan. #:-s

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ebenezerarise wrote:
larsenb wrote: And guess what? This large group of people aren't going away, regardless of how the election goes.

It's too bad for Mitt than he doesn't belong to this group. It's not an exclusive club, but Mitt simply ain't in it . . . and further, he doesn't understand them or subscribe to the same principles they do.
I absolutely agree with your assessment. That's why Trump was a pretty necessary element. The Republican party needed to implode. And it continues to need to fracture even more. Trump has captured the anger and a LOT of people are feeling it. I'm feeling it, just that I can't let Trump carry that for me.

Trump can't accomplish what that large element within the Republican party wants him to do. And the reason he can't is because he has no allies, no major position players to help him. He's going to get stone walled at every turn. That's why he needs to and will continue with his caustic path. He will have to bully his way through everything.

The RINOS in Congress -- McCain, Paul Ryan, etc -- are left partyless here. Romney isn't really one of them. First of all, he holds no office. But he could be a bridge builder. Romney would be far more effective in a role bringing sides together on what issues they DO hold in common, much better than someone like, say, Palin or Christie. Or Gingrich. Huckabee might be useful too in such a position.

But I doubt Trump has the deft touch to be so forward thinking. His slash and burn methods will give rise to another party and while it will make things more divisive for a while it would actually be for the best. A Moderate Party with the likes of Ryan seems to make more sense to me and a separate Conservative Party group with people like Chaffetz would be appropriate too. The groups might be smaller but I think it is high time we have more representative parties if we have to have parties at all.

Romney could still be useful.
Good analysis. Probably a lot of truth to what you say.

I actually voted for Romney, thinking he might be amenable to the Spirit in helping him wake up to some of the horrible things that are happening.

He could be useful, if he really acted as a bridge builder and if he actually became aware of things that, so far, he gives no evidence of understanding. His performance against Trump at the Hinckley Institute didn't even have the faint whiff of bridge building.

Just my opinion.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

larsenb wrote: He could be useful, if he really acted as a bridge builder and if he actually became aware of things that, so far, he gives no evidence of understanding. His performance against Trump at the Hinckley Institute didn't even have the faint whiff of bridge building.

Just my opinion.
That was a different time. Before the nomination. Romney has said little since Trump was nominated other than he won't vote for him. His silence is very loud. I think that's about as fair as anyone can expect from him and I think it is wise.

cwass
captain of 100

Post by cwass »

The video imbedded is excellent. Trump has been remarkably consistent throughout the years. He may be immoral. We know that without an acknowledgment that God is at the helm we will never get our country back....but Trump provides me with much more hope than anyone else based on what I have heard. Who in their right mind would run for president and go through the torture and mistreatment that he gets on a daily basis? He has plenty of money and has said that he was happy as an insider.

If Trump is an insider, he is the worst treated insider and the biggest fraud ever. I believe Trump is imperfect as a person but he is the only hope that I see right now. If Romney spoke even one quarter of the truths that Trump speaks I would have much more respect for him. Trump is diagnosing the problems we have but gets zero good coverage from the corrupt media. It's so obvious now....Good luck with Evan....CFR, Goldman Sachs, CIA, 40 year old single man. I hope he eases all the Utah Mormon's minds to know they are voting for a Mormon. What times we live in...

blob:https://www.facebook.com/35b04c9d-c44d- ... 56f8eab2e3

cwass
captain of 100

Post by cwass »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxf1XmVZ9qY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

let me try that link again..

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

larsenb wrote:
MrNasty wrote: . . . . Here is what I believe is happening. I have prayed a lot about this. The American people already rejected a morally right man in Mitt Romney in 2012. Strike 1? He was more moderate on governments role than I would have liked but his character was sound. Still the people rejected him and chose Obama who was already taking away our freedoms and plunging American into accepting all manner of wickedness. Now the Lord puts 13 candidates out there. And what do we do? We select the worst one by character alone and probably by policy too depending on which one Trump has today. I firmly believe the Lord is running the show/test. When judgment comes no one will be able to cry and say, "but why Lord?" We had a chance with Mitt to turn things around. Then the Lord gives us the benefit of the doubt and provides 13 candidates to choose from to see if we will still choose the worst one. And the people did! Strike 2? Trump is the worst candidate. He was the most vile during the primaries by far. That choice I believe will testify against this nation when judgment comes. Maybe the Lord will give us a third chance but as we know only 2 witnesses are required. At this point it wouldn't matter if Hillary or Trump became president. The end result would be the same. They are both hungry for power and wealth. Trump used crony capitalism while Clinton used the political system as a means to gain power and wealth. And they have both succeeded. This is just my opinion and no scriptures will be provided. I believe judgment is next. I also believe that Evan is running specifically so all those who want to can show the Lord that character still matters to them. The Lord had always provided a choice other than evil. With Evan, Castle and dare I say Johnson we have another choice in contrast to blatant wickedness. I thank the Lord for that.
You obviously have a high opinion of Mitt Romney. I see him as extremely naive . . . . or complicit, in his political views and actions. Mitt's father, George, did exactly the equivalent thing to Goldwater in 1964, that Mitt has done and is doing to Trump, the only candidate with a hope of turning things around . . . especially because of his understanding of the globalist onslaught.

And Evan McMullin is certainly not an option given to us by the Lord. The actually people behind him are prominent neoconservatives and 'Never Trumpers'. Republicans voting for McMullin are in effect helping Hillary win the election.

Hillary, by almost an infinitive amount, is the worst candidate. The reasons have been before you for almost decades and touted repeatedly on this forum and certainly elsewhere . . . . . and she keeps adding to her list of awful conduct and misdeeds

What will invite the judgements of the Lord on us, is if we allow her to get into the White House.
Actually, there is some scriptures that are similar to what we are experiencing this year. It's in Alma 2;
4 Therefore, if it were possible that Amlici should gain the voice of the people, he, being a wicked man, would deprive them of their rights and privileges of the church; for it was his intent to destroy the church of God.

5 And it came to pass that the people assembled themselves together throughout all the land, every man according to his mind, whether it were for or against Amlici, in separate bodies, having much dispute and wonderful contentions one with another.

6 And thus they did assemble themselves together to cast in their voices concerning the matter; and they were laid before the judges.

7 And it came to pass that the voice of the people came against Amlici, that he was not made king over the people.
Amlici was a wicked man. So is Trump.

There was much dispute and "wonderful" contentions. Sounds like this year.

The voice of the people came against Amlici. The voice of our people will come against Trump, around 3 weeks from now.

I'm sure Trump will be like Amlici and continue to cause more issues.

The Book of Mormon is great!

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Mosiah 29:27. Both major candidates are an embarrassment. And the dream of a third party candidate swooping in to "save the day" is jut that, a dream. No matter who wins I think that the "voice" of the people have chosen iniquity and we are all just waiting around for the hammer to fall.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Spaced_Out wrote:

Thank you for not referring to me as a bigot just because I asked an honest question. He may be smart in our modern day world for not being married, but the LDS Church looks at things differently. The Church would expect him to be morally clean to be in good standing (and not get ex'ed). That's hard to do at 40. If he were a serious contender, you can bet the Dems and their vetting processors would have a field day with trying to find something morally questionable in his past.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Matchmaker wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:

Thank you for not referring to me as a bigot just because I asked an honest question. He may be smart in our modern day world for not being married, but the LDS Church looks at things differently. The Church would expect him to be morally clean to be in good standing (and not get ex'ed). That's hard to do at 40. If he were a serious contender, you can bet the Dems and their vetting processors would have a field day with trying to find something morally questionable in his past.
Why would they have a field day?

I don't know this is the case, but let me give you an example. Let's say a male is gay but wants to live the LDS Doctrine, being worthy of a temple recommend and attendance.

Would you disregard this person because they haven't married? Or do you regard someone like Trump, who has committed adultery and other terrible things with women, as a better person?

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Matchmaker wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:

Why is it hard to be "morally clean" and in good standing just because you are a 40 year old man? I was for a while (in my 40's and not married) and found it no more challenging than being 25 and not married, or not drinking, or not smoking, or whatever other commandment I followed. It is simply a personal choice to follow the Savior. You make the choice and then you live with it, no matter what the world around you does or thinks.

And the Church has no "expectations" as to a member's marital status. Look at Sherry Dew, who is mid-50s and not married nor ever has been, but served in as a General Authority as a member of the Relief Society Presidency.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

ebenezerarise wrote:Do you seriously think it is as easy finding a righteous young LDS woman? Sorry, but I see a sea of confused, equally-uncommitted young women out there as I do young men in the Church.

No, I don't seriously think it is easy to find a righteous young LDS woman, but I think it's certainly doable and that your chances of finding a nice young woman who will be a good wife are better if you are a successful young LDS man like Evan than if you are not.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

rewcox wrote:
larsenb wrote:

Actually, there is some scriptures that are similar to what we are experiencing this year. It's in Alma 2;
4 Therefore, if it were possible that Amlici should gain the voice of the people, he, being a wicked man, would deprive them of their rights and privileges of the church; for it was his intent to destroy the church of God.

5 And it came to pass that the people assembled themselves together throughout all the land, every man according to his mind, whether it were for or against Amlici, in separate bodies, having much dispute and wonderful contentions one with another.

6 And thus they did assemble themselves together to cast in their voices concerning the matter; and they were laid before the judges.

7 And it came to pass that the voice of the people came against Amlici, that he was not made king over the people.

The voice of the people came against Amlici. The voice of our people will come against Trump, around 3 weeks from now.

I see Obama as Amlici. He won't become the next leader of the United Nations.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Sandinista wrote:Mosiah 29:27. Both major candidates are an embarrassment. And the dream of a third party candidate swooping in to "save the day" is jut that, a dream. No matter who wins I think that the "voice" of the people have chosen iniquity and we are all just waiting around for the hammer to fall.

I sure hope not. I think we have not fully ripened yet as a nation. The really wicked leaders are the ones like Dutarte from the Phillipines, murdering his own people, and Maduro from Venezuela, who is letting his starve.
Last edited by Matchmaker on October 17th, 2016, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Matchmaker wrote:
rewcox wrote:
larsenb wrote:

I see Obama as Amlici. He won't become the next leader of the United Nations.
Obama won the election because a majority of the people voted for him. Trump is like Amlici, because he will lose. And we know how Trump acts when he loses.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

rewcox wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:

Why would they have a field day?

I don't know this is the case, but let me give you an example. Let's say a male is gay but wants to live the LDS Doctrine, being worthy of a temple recommend and attendance.

Would you disregard this person because they haven't married? Or do you regard someone like Trump, who has committed adultery and other terrible things with women, as a better person?
Absolutely not! Of course I personally would choose the righteous man (currently living a morally clean life) over the unrighteous man. Now if the adultery is in the past and has been repented of, because of the Atonement, this married man would be as morally clean as the gay man with the temple recommend.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Sandinista wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:

Why is it hard to be "morally clean" and in good standing just because you are a 40 year old man? I was for a while (in my 40's and not married) and found it no more challenging than being 25 and not married, or not drinking, or not smoking, or whatever other commandment I followed. It is simply a personal choice to follow the Savior. You make the choice and then you live with it, no matter what the world around you does or thinks.

And the Church has no "expectations" as to a member's marital status. Look at Sherry Dew, who is mid-50s and not married nor ever has been, but served in as a General Authority as a member of the Relief Society Presidency.
Sherry is a woman. Evan is a man. I believe Prophets and General Authorities in the past have placed greater expectations on Priesthood holders to find a suitable woman and propose to her than the other way around.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

What happened to judge not that ye be not judged?

I personally don't care if he is LDS.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

MrNasty wrote:
What happened to judge not that ye be not judged?

I personally don't care if he is LDS.

Me either!

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

larsenb wrote:

First this as stated was my opinion. Trump is not the only candidate capable of turning things around. In fact he is one of the worst candidates in US history. Evan is an option the Lord gave "me" so I won't have to compromise my principles and vote for a wicked man or woman. You can believe otherwise. I despise Hillary Clinton and have judged her unworthy of holding office of POTUS. I have judged Trump and found him unworthy of holding office of POTUS. I thank the Lord there are other options. And of course "Never Trumpers" are supporting Evan. They are in the same predicament and needed someone they could see as president without compromising their values and principles. That is our right as citizens of the US. We get to vote our conscience. If the American people wanted a different outcome they should have looked to God for the answers and not Trump. Trump is not going to fix the problems of this country. Only the American people can fix it through repentance.
Last edited by GrandMasterB on October 17th, 2016, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.