I expect that Romney will replace Trump - White Horse, anyone?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: I expect that Romney will replace Trump - White Horse, anyone?

Post by Matchmaker »

MrNasty wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:
InfoWarrior82 wrote:They are only scandals because the mainstream media tells you they are scandals. The real scandals are the Wikileaks dumps on Hillary.
The media has become so powerful in this election. (I know they have been for years but were less obvious about it in the past.) They are trashing Trump and reporting almost nothing negative about Hillary. Even the debates were obviously biased. It's sickening!
I do agree with this. It would be more troubling if the stuff they were trashing Trump with was all made up. It is not. However, they should be equally going after Hillary for the corruption. If they do this though they will be implicating themselves in the corruption because the media and those in the media are involved. They are protecting their own. I also find it interesting that other media outlet like drudge and Breitbart are also skewing media coverage. They focus mainly on anti Clinton. The whole system is corrupt.
Amen, Amen, and Amen!

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

MrNasty wrote:
Sandinista wrote:Mosiah 29:27. Both major candidates are an embarrassment. And the dream of a third party candidate swooping in to "save the day" is jut that, a dream. No matter who wins I think that the "voice" of the people have chosen iniquity and we are all just waiting around for the hammer to fall.
I second this! The majority is choosing iniquity. I will continue to put my faith in God and act according to my view of right and wrong. I will never put my faith in a single man or woman and this is why I can not vote for Hillary or Trump. God is still in charge.
With just one side note. Satan is the one running the show in this world known as Babylon. And the nations of the earth are playing along in their roles in Babylon. God just allows the great deceiver to do his dirty deeds and He gives everyone agency to accept or reject those dirty deeds. Politics is a great breeding ground for Satans minions. They love to pursue power and gain and control over others. The quicker one understands this game and reverts their attention to building up the Kingdom of God on earth the closer we can become to realizing that ultimate goal of the redemption of Zion. All this other stuff is just a major distraction from having an eye single to the glory of God. Orson F Whitney once said: “The redemption of Zion is more than the purchase or recovery of lands, the building of cities, or even the founding of nations. It is the conquest of the heart, the subjugation of the soul, the sanctifying of the flesh, the purifying and ennobling of the passions.” That is where our greatest challenge lies.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Matchmaker wrote:
MrNasty wrote:
Sandinista wrote:Mosiah 29:27. Both major candidates are an embarrassment. And the dream of a third party candidate swooping in to "save the day" is jut that, a dream. No matter who wins I think that the "voice" of the people have chosen iniquity and we are all just waiting around for the hammer to fall.
I second this! The majority is choosing iniquity. I will continue to put my faith in God and act according to my view of right and wrong. I will never put my faith in a single man or woman and this is why I can not vote for Hillary or Trump. God is still in charge.
I voted already, and I voted a straight Republican party ticket. I did not have to specifically check off Trump's or anyone else's name. I'm saying I support the party nominee, whoever that may be. If Trump steps down, I guess I will be supporting Mitt Romney, or whoever the RNC chooses to replace him. I've got a clear conscience.
And this is the problem with american politics. In Utah at the electronic voting machine you just can select Republican ticket or Democrat and it auto fills. This is part of the corruption of the 2 party system. We now just click our lives away and the people are conditioned to not even look at the candidates or what they stand for. I never do this and always look at each name and issue. It won't get any better until people are held accountable for their votes. I believe that time is coming.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Mark wrote:
MrNasty wrote:
With just one side note. Satan is the one running the show in this world known as Babylon. And the nations of the earth are playing along in their roles in Babylon. God just allows the great deceiver to do his dirty deeds and He gives everyone agency to accept or reject those dirty deeds. Politics is a great breeding ground for Satan's minions. They love to pursue power and gain and control over others. The quicker one understands this game and reverts their attention to building up the Kingdom of God on earth the closer we can become to realizing that ultimate goal of the redemption of Zion. All this other stuff is just a major distraction from having an eye single to the glory of God. Orson F Whitney once said: “The redemption of Zion is more than the purchase or recovery of lands, the building of cities, or even the founding of nations. It is the conquest of the heart, the subjugation of the soul, the sanctifying of the flesh, the purifying and ennobling of the passions.” That is where our greatest challenge lies.
This is what I mean when I say God is in charge. Satan is a pawn in God's plan.

Patriot16
captain of 100

Post by Patriot16 »

Okay, you guys. Many of the posters in this thread think there's nothing good about America and that both parties are corrupt. So to what less objectionable country could you move to find a governmental system more acceptable?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Australia.
Patriot16 wrote:Okay, you guys. Many of the posters in this thread think there's nothing good about America and that both parties are corrupt. So to what less objectionable country could you move to find a governmental system more acceptable?

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Oxbow wrote:None of this Julie Rowe-esque stuff is going to happen, guys. Hillary will win the election handily and will take office on January 20th without incident. McMullin will take Utah.

If I'm wrong about any of this, I'll eat my hat. :ymcowboy:
McMullin will not take Utah - Trump will. Most voters still operate under the notion that a 3rd party is a wasted vote and that the republicans are the good guys. :ymsick: =))

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Elizabeth wrote:That was the most inspiring speech and video, :) what a man Mitt is, may God continue to bless him and his family. :ymapplause:
:ymblushing: :ymsick:

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Col. Flagg wrote:
Oxbow wrote:None of this Julie Rowe-esque stuff is going to happen, guys. Hillary will win the election handily and will take office on January 20th without incident. McMullin will take Utah.

McMullin will not take Utah - Trump will. Most voters still operate under the notion that a 3rd party is a wasted vote and that the republicans are the good guys. :ymsick: =))
I don't know, I think McMullin will take Utah. We're a fairly gullible people.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

shadow wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:

That 2nd part is true which is why when we hit the pools on 11/8, Trump will win Utah - our state is never going to vote anything but republican, even if the party itself embraced Nazism. :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: Of course, that's exactly what began happening after 9/11 - just look at the Gestapo in our own backyard (NSA Data Center in Bluffdale). X(

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Col. Flagg wrote:
shadow wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:

That 2nd part is true which is why when we hit the pools on 11/8, Trump will win Utah - our state is never going to vote anything but republican, even if the party itself embraced Nazism. :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: Of course, that's exactly what began happening after 9/11 - just look at the Gestapo in our own backyard (NSA Data Center in Bluffdale). X(
I believe McMullin is a tool to get people not to vote for Trump so Hillary will win. I can't stand either real candidate, but I'd prefer Trump over Hillary any day. I suspect republican insiders like Bill Krystal are behind McMullin. Entrenched Repubs prefer Hillary. Utahans are gullible enough to give the election to Clinton.

Canada looks better and better every day. Too bad B.C. isn't affordable to live.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

shadow wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:

And how are Utahan's gullible?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Patriot16 wrote:Okay, you guys. Many of the posters in this thread think there's nothing good about America and that both parties are corrupt. So to what less objectionable country could you move to find a governmental system more acceptable?
Switzerland.

No alliances.
No EU.
No wars.
An armed population.
Regular referendums.
Highest standard of living on the planet.
Beautiful scenery.
Holes in the cheese.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Robin Hood wrote:
Switzerland.

No alliances.
No EU.
No wars.
An armed population.
Regular referendums.
Beautiful scenery.
Holes in the cheese.
The Swiss Confederation is actually a Republic too, like the USA, which says a lot about why it would be a great country to live in. I just don't like the fact that it is so close to Russia, China, and the Middle East. If war breaks out over there, where are you going to go?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Matchmaker wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Switzerland.

No alliances.
No EU.
No wars.
An armed population.
Regular referendums.
Beautiful scenery.
Holes in the cheese.
The Swiss Confederation is actually a Republic too, like the USA, which says a lot about why it would be a great country to live in. I just don't like the fact that it is so close to Russia, China, and the Middle East. If war breaks out over there, where are you going to go?
DisneyWorld!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

You fans of Mitt Romney need to realize thathe has a history of promoting and supporting legislation and programs that are egregious violations of various principles of the US Constitution. When he ran for the US Senate in 1994 he stated that he would be more liberal than his opponent, Senator Ted Kennedy. As governor of Massachusetts he introduced a mandatory healthcare program (Romney Care), a form of welfare that forces people to pay for the needs of others. And while campaigning for POTUS in 2008 and 2012 he voiced support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA, among other things. I realize many Americans do not realize these are violations of constitutional principles. But we Latter-day Saints are susposed to iknow.

FamilyFunnyFarm
captain of 50

Post by FamilyFunnyFarm »

Matchmaker wrote:
Sunain wrote:Trump won't back down. Romney's chances are gone.

What is the saying, "It's not over until the fat lady sings?"
My first thought reading this was " Hillary can sing?". I'm terrible I know. :D

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Matchmaker wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:Do you seriously think it is as easy finding a righteous young LDS woman? Sorry, but I see a sea of confused, equally-uncommitted young women out there as I do young men in the Church.

No, I don't seriously think it is easy to find a righteous young LDS woman, but I think it's certainly doable and that your chances of finding a nice young woman who will be a good wife are better if you are a successful young LDS man like Evan than if you are not.
I don't think it is our place to judge his unmarried status with at least more information to know why. We don't know what he has been through. Besides, he's running for President of the United States. We've had other unmarried presidents before.

I am under no delusion that this guy can or will get elected. I am only concerned about my choice. I reject the idea that there are only two candidates in this election and that a vote for anyone else is really a vote for either one of the two from the major parties. You cannot rob me my agency that way. I will vote what I think is right -- not what I'm pressured to do.

Hillary should never see office. Neither should Trump. I will continue to bang that drum.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

lundbaek wrote:You fans of Mitt Romney need to realize thathe has a history of promoting and supporting legislation and programs that are egregious violations of various principles of the US Constitution. When he ran for the US Senate in 1994 he stated that he would be more liberal than his opponent, Senator Ted Kennedy. As governor of Massachusetts he introduced a mandatory healthcare program (Romney Care), a form of welfare that forces people to pay for the needs of others. And while campaigning for POTUS in 2008 and 2012 he voiced support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA, among other things. I realize many Americans do not realize these are violations of constitutional principles. But we Latter-day Saints are susposed to iknow.
Once again, Romney isn't running for anything. This is a waste of breath.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

I also maintain that this forum is the only place on God's green earth where decent human beings like Romney and McMullin are villified as monsters. You're talking politics, people. That is all. Disagree, if you must, with their politics and whether or not every word that comes out of their mouths are blessed by the Constitution. Good grief.

What we have in Clinton and Trump are true, verified monsters. EVIL.

You choose that while castigating McMullin and Romney?

And you claim to students of the gospel and disciples of Jesus Christ? REALLY?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

ebenezerarise wrote:
lundbaek wrote:You fans of Mitt Romney need to realize thathe has a history of promoting and supporting legislation and programs that are egregious violations of various principles of the US Constitution. When he ran for the US Senate in 1994 he stated that he would be more liberal than his opponent, Senator Ted Kennedy. As governor of Massachusetts he introduced a mandatory healthcare program (Romney Care), a form of welfare that forces people to pay for the needs of others. And while campaigning for POTUS in 2008 and 2012 he voiced support for illegal wars, foreign aid, welfare and corporate bailouts, the Federal Reserve, the Patriot Act, and the NDAA, among other things. I realize many Americans do not realize these are violations of constitutional principles. But we Latter-day Saints are susposed to iknow.
Once again, Romney isn't running for anything. This is a waste of breath.
Indeed he isn't. However, he looks like a constitutional conservative compared to Trump's policies.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

The issues surrounding this election seem to be dividing the members of the LDS Church like I have never seen before in my lifetime - even more so than same sex unions or who gets the Priesthood. Some down right ugly stuff is coming out in the media and also out of the minds and mouths of the voters.

We have been counseled by the leaders of the Church that it is our duty to research these candidates and make the best choice possible for us. This is hard work. I think we are all doing the best we can with the nasty job before us. It's hard to play in the pig pen and not get dirty. Shalom.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

I wish Mormon Republicans would wake up and realize that when you find a successful Mormon Politician, he is there because he has been washed in the waters of Babylon. Maybe squeakily clean from a Sunday Observer viewpoint but certainly tainted with the Corruption of Babel.

Romney is Crap.

The next totally righteous President of this Land will be sustained by the Lord's Church, not some political party.

Romney is of the same Scum that runs Utah for the Globalists.

God Bless,
Darren

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Mark wrote:
MrNasty wrote:
With just one side note. Satan is the one running the show in this world known as Babylon. And the nations of the earth are playing along in their roles in Babylon. God just allows the great deceiver to do his dirty deeds and He gives everyone agency to accept or reject those dirty deeds. Politics is a great breeding ground for Satans minions. They love to pursue power and gain and control over others. The quicker one understands this game and reverts their attention to building up the Kingdom of God on earth the closer we can become to realizing that ultimate goal of the redemption of Zion. All this other stuff is just a major distraction from having an eye single to the glory of God. Orson F Whitney once said: “The redemption of Zion is more than the purchase or recovery of lands, the building of cities, or even the founding of nations. It is the conquest of the heart, the subjugation of the soul, the sanctifying of the flesh, the purifying and ennobling of the passions.” That is where our greatest challenge lies.
Well said.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I wish lots more Mormons would wake up to the commandments we were given by the Prophet in 1987: "We must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers.", and "We must be well informed." Even though the First Presidency and the Q of 12 are no longer reminding us of these responsibilities, those commandments have never been repealed. In fact they have been promoted, only in more quiet ways.