I expect that Romney will replace Trump - White Horse, anyone?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: I expect that Romney will replace Trump - White Horse, anyone?

Post by Matchmaker »

If there ever is anything like a Mormon "White Horse" in the future, maybe it will be Senator Jason Chaffetz from Utah, instead of Mitt Romney. He and Trey Gowdy are real straight-arrow Constitutionalists.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I suspect nearly 99% of American LDS voters have no idea what President Benson talked about, or else found much of what said not to their liking. Clearly, not every LDS espouses and abides by every principle of the gospel.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Matchmaker wrote:If there ever is anything like a Mormon "White Horse" in the future, maybe it will be Senator Jason Chaffetz from Utah, instead of Mitt Romney. He and Trey Gowdy are real straight-arrow Constitutionalists.

First off, I don't believe in the so-called White horse prophecy, it's already been dismissed by church leaders several times.

But, I think you are thinking of Senator Mike Lee. Jason Chaffetz isn't always reliable and he's a Congressman. Mike Lee has an excellent reputation for defending the Constitution and he's even irritated a lot of the moderate Republicans in Utah politics--that alone is a great recommendation.

Most of the other Utah politicians are hit and miss.

Orrin Hatch; terrible.
Mia Love; She talked big but then didn't deliver.

Bishop, Stewart, they come out for the Constitution when they need votes. Otherwise, we don't hear much from them.

Jason Chaffetz is better than the others, but not as consistent a Constitutional Conservative as Mike Lee is.

I really am unsure why so many on this forum are so critical and abusive towards Mitt Romney. He's not running for anything and he didn't win in 2012 when he did run. I doubt he'll ever run again. I don't understand why there's so much vitriol for him and yet, the one who probably deserves it, Orrin Hatch, is ignored here.

Maybe it's because Hatch endorsed Trump.

This election cycle has truly proven the saying 'Politics makes strange bedfellows'.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Orrin Hatch has not been ignored on tihs forum. Have a look at search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... start=1890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Romney has been more of a pied piper in leading Mormon voters away from constitutional principles than Hatch has been. Romney's record in business and church service has impressed lots of LDS voters into thinking this political persuasions are good, when in fact it appears he would undermine the Constitution.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

lundbaek wrote:Orrin Hatch has not been ignored on tihs forum. Have a look at search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... start=1890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Romney has been more of a pied piper in leading Mormon voters away from constitutional principles than Hatch has been. Romney's record in business and church service has impressed lots of LDS voters into thinking this political persuasions are good, when in fact it appears he would undermine the Constitution.

You give Romney way too much credit. LDS voters are easily swayed--didn't you notice that as soon as Utah Politicians started saying they would not 'endorse' Trump but they would vote for him, the polls changed in Trump's favor? The LDS voters just needed someone to give them an excuse to vote for trump. And, LDS don't care about the constitution because they are as ignorant as most Americans that's it's under threat. A lot of them like Obama and think he's been a great president.

I mean Orrin Hatch has been ignored lately, I'm sure he was vilified in the past. Back when everyone hated 'Establishment' politicians--last year.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

AI2.0 wrote:I really am unsure why so many on this forum are so critical and abusive towards Mitt Romney. He's not running for anything and he didn't win in 2012 when he did run. I doubt he'll ever run again. I don't understand why there's so much vitriol for him and yet, the one who probably deserves it, Orrin Hatch, is ignored here.

Orin Hatch didn't take money from Trump in 2012 and then turn around and tear Trump down in 2016.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Vision wrote: Orin Hatch didn't take money from Trump in 2012 and then turn around and tear Trump down in 2016.
Giving money doesn't qualify one to be president -- and it doesn't buy a free pass either when it comes to the truth. Say what you will about Romney. He's right about Trump.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

not likely to occur.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

ebenezerarise wrote:
Vision wrote: Orin Hatch didn't take money from Trump in 2012 and then turn around and tear Trump down in 2016.
Giving money doesn't qualify one to be president -- and it doesn't buy a free pass either when it comes to the truth. Say what you will about Romney. He's right about Trump.

We will have to agree to disagree. Fighting for the establishment is more vile than all the bad things Trump has said or done.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I have said to more people more times than I could ever hope to remember that a persons record in church activities and in their professional life is no indication of their smarts in the political arena, or their appreciation of and dedication to constitutional principles, or their awareness of the secret combination that is destroying the freedoms of America and other nations. Mitt Romney is an excellent example of that in my mind, even though I realize I'm like "The Lonely Little Petunia in the Onion Patch" on that issue.

In voting for Castle & Bradley I did what I understood certain latter-day prophets advised us to do, even though their advice was given many years ago. I am not sweating and fretting over the outcome of this election. The "murderous combinations" that Moroni warned us to not let get above us are now in position to create whatever havoc they wish to expedite their goals, regardless of who becomes the next POTUS. I remember how the latter-day gadiantons opposed and manipulated President Eisenhower, and to a greater extent President Reagan. Since they are much nearer their goals now, I expect their machinations will be much worse now, regardless of who is POTUS.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

As all the dark evidence continues to come out about those in politics and positions of power it is easy for us to sit here and judge. Maybe Romney has been stupid, or maybe he has not. Either way, I think we'll all bear the burden of how we misjudged the likes of him one way or the the other.

David Cassani
captain of 10

White Horse, anyone?

Post by David Cassani »

The spirit has witnessed to me the white horse prophecy is important and to see patterns from it in my life. I realize it is not official doctrine.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: White Horse, anyone?

Post by kittycat51 »

David Cassani wrote:The spirit has witnessed to me the white horse prophecy is important and to see patterns from it in my life. I realize it is not official doctrine.
What kind of spirit was witnessing to you? Several Prophets and apostles have stated that the White Horse prophecy is WRONG. And THAT is why it's not official doctrine.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Joseph F. Smith: The ridiculous story about the "red horse," and "the black horse," and "the white horse," and a lot of trash that has been circulated about and printed and sent around as a great revelation given by the Prophet Joseph Smith, is a matter that was gotten up, I understand, some ten years after the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by two of our brethren who put together some broken sentences from the Prophet that they may have heard from time to time, and formulated this so-called revelation out of it, and it was never spoken by the prophet in the manner in which they have put it forth. It is simply false; that is all there is to it.