What? Important Climate Update!

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: What? She'll win, he'll whine.

Post by freedomforall »

rewcox wrote:Whining doesn't work, it sure imploded on the alt-rad-right. Conspiracy whiners.
If you only knew.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What? Colin Powell is voting for Clinton

Post by JohnnyL »

Colin Powell might be voting for Clinton, but whom is his dog voting for? That's what I really want to know!

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Vision wrote:
If Mormons vote for a questionable CIA dude and throw this election to Hillary they will gain nothing but ill-will from true Americans.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Fiannan wrote:
Vision wrote:
If Mormons vote for a questionable CIA dude and throw this election to Hillary they will gain nothing but ill-will from true Americans.
It won't be the first time we were persecuted and won't be the last.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
Vision wrote:
Becoming persecuted for doing right is praiseworthy, being persecuted for doing something wrong is karma.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Fiannan wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
Vision wrote:
Becoming persecuted for doing right is praiseworthy, being persecuted for doing something wrong is karma.
So not voting for a progressive liberal is wrong? I will now answer my own question to you by saying. Indeed it isn't!

Besides, I can't vote for a man who says things like this.

"We must have universal healthcare...I'm a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses...

Doctors might be paid less than they are now, as is the case in Canada, but they would be able to treat more patients because of the reduction in their paperwork..

The Canadian plan also helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans. There are fewer medical lawsuits, less loss of labor to sickness, and lower costs to companies paying for the medical care of their employees. If the program were in place in Massachusetts in 1999 it would have reduced administrative costs by $2.5 million. We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing."

-Donald J Trump

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Just go ahead and pay your new premiums GrandB. Enjoy it. Hillary will give you higher premiums, less choice and less quality. Enjoy.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What? A new way to Vote!

Post by rewcox »

Maybe I just don't like spinning the wheel to vote. How about we change!

- Vote from the comfort of your own home and computer
- Required fingerprint, retina scan, and picture taken

The news media do a lottery for which group presents the tallies. Like a Fund Raiser Chart or something.

Let's say CNN wins the first lottery.

- Voting starts 2 weeks before the Tuesday in November
- Going to CNN.com, you can see how your candidate is doing
- You get 1 time to change your vote

Don't you think this would make voting a lot more fun! We would probably double the amount of voters!

Let's do it!

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

rewcox wrote:Maybe I just don't like spinning the wheel to vote. How about we change!

The news media do a lottery for which group presents the tallies. Like a Fund Raiser Chart or something.

Don't you think this would make voting a lot more fun! We would probably double the amount of voters!

Let's do it!
Sure, Let's fix things that aren't broken. It worked out so well with Obamacare.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

GrandMasterB wrote:

"We must have universal healthcare...I'm a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses...

Doctors might be paid less than they are now, as is the case in Canada, but they would be able to treat more patients because of the reduction in their paperwork..

The Canadian plan also helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans. There are fewer medical lawsuits, less loss of labor to sickness, and lower costs to companies paying for the medical care of their employees. If the program were in place in Massachusetts in 1999 it would have reduced administrative costs by $2.5 million. We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing."

-Donald J Trump
I can't vote for a man who thinks he can keep the part of obamacare that makes it expensive and subsidized.

"The few positive elements of Obamacare, such as guaranteed coverage for pre-existing conditions, could easily be incorporated into a new program in a much more efficient manner.

The heart of any Obamacare replacement should be a tax credit for every household that does not have insurance through an employer."
-Evan McFluffin

So Evan doesn't really want to repeal Obamacare since he wants to keep it's basics, and honestly, Obamcare is "established law" so Evan wouldn't do anything anyway. He'd probably golf more than Obama does.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

shadow wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:

-Donald J Trump
I can't vote for a man who thinks he can keep the part of obamacare that makes it expensive and subsidized.

"The few positive elements of Obamacare, such as guaranteed coverage for pre-existing conditions, could easily be incorporated into a new program in a much more efficient manner.

The heart of any Obamacare replacement should be a tax credit for every household that does not have insurance through an employer."
-Evan McFluffin

So Evan doesn't really want to repeal Obamacare since he wants to keep it's basics, and honestly, Obamcare is "established law" so Evan wouldn't do anything anyway. He'd probably golf more than Obama does.
Again, Evan can't do anything without congress. A president does not make laws they execute them.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Donald Trump Has Won The 2016 Presidential Election

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Voter Turnout For Trump Smashes Records

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

GrandMasterB wrote:
shadow wrote:
GrandMasterB wrote:

-Donald J Trump

-Evan McFluffin

Again, Evan can't do anything without congress. A president does not make laws they execute them.
This also applies to Trump :-? #-o

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

FYI - just copied this from one of my FB posts, thought this may be important:
On election day, if your voting machine is a SmartMatic brand, DEMAND a paper ballot. George Soro’s now owns SmartMatic. You have the right to require a paper ballot, and under FEDERAL LAW the polling place MUST provide one for you. Don’t throw your vote away.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

anonymous91 wrote:FYI - just copied this from one of my FB posts, thought this may be important:
On election day, if your voting machine is a SmartMatic brand, DEMAND a paper ballot. George Soro’s now owns SmartMatic. You have the right to require a paper ballot, and under FEDERAL LAW the polling place MUST provide one for you. Don’t throw your vote away.
How do we get around the Electoral College?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What? Trump - the orange amoeba

Post by rewcox »

I've seen the pictures, he does look orange. It's also hard to have a discussion about policies with an orange amoeba.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

rewcox wrote:I've seen the pictures, he does look orange. It's also hard to have a discussion about policies with an orange amoeba.
Does your mom know you are on the computer?

HorribleUsername
captain of 50

Post by HorribleUsername »

Fiannan wrote:
rewcox wrote:I've seen the pictures, he does look orange. It's also hard to have a discussion about policies with an orange amoeba.
Does your mom know you are on the computer?
OohBurn.gif
OohBurn.gif (499.87 KiB) Viewed 3906 times
:o)

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

rewcox wrote:Maybe I just don't like spinning the wheel to vote. How about we change!

Let's do it!
You just lost your party card. They will be coming for you soon comrade.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

“One thing that has to be said here is Donald Trump really does represent 40% to 45% of this country. They are petrified of their future. Their next job once they get laid off is going to be flipping hamburgers. They’re going to live until 85 and their Social Security is not enough to live on and they’re being forced out of their jobs in their fifties or whatever,” the multi-billionaire media and technology magnate said at Bloomberg’s “The Year Ahead” conference in New York on Tuesday.

He acknowledged that technology, not global trade, is destroying an enormous number of jobs. Indeed, this explains why manufacturing activity is up even as manufacturing jobs falter. This is a problem that affects the constituents of both political parties.

Bloomberg later added that the “greatest conundrum” the next administration and the country faces will be how to create jobs as technology forces more people out of work. He noted some estimates suggest that up to 40% of jobs could be automated.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

rewcox,

I definitely agree that technology is a major factor in the loss of jobs. One of the fears I have with raising minimum wage is the loss of even more jobs.

It's already happening:

However, outsourcing jobs to other countries is also a huge problem. I work in tech support, and jobs are constantly being outsourced overseas. You know how many people I talk to daily, that are surprised they are actually talking to an "American?

No one person is gong to be able to fix this mess our country is in. Most of us don't even know where to start.

The best we can hope for, is to try to slow down the insanity.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

anonymous91 wrote:rewcox,

I definitely agree that technology is a major factor in the loss of jobs. One of the fears I have with raising minimum wage is the loss of even more jobs.

It's already happening:

However, outsourcing jobs to other countries is also a huge problem. I work in tech support, and jobs are constantly being outsourced overseas. You know how many people I talk to daily, that are surprised they are actually talking to an "American?

No one person is gong to be able to fix this mess our country is in. Most of us don't even know where to start.

The best we can hope for, is to try to slow down the insanity.
I agree. I work in IT. Many IT workers in the US are foreign now. Many, many jobs are now in India. Trump just says many many jobs will come to America if he is president. Wrong. Corporations (following their master, Greed) always go where the money is.

Small business wants a global economy so they can sell their product to the world.

Corporate greed controls a lot more than we realize. I have learned a new talent, being able to understand Indians sometimes. :)

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

Rewcox said:
Corporate greed controls a lot more than we realize. I have learned a new talent, being able to understand Indians sometimes. :)
I can totally relate to this. Funny enough, the hardest accent for me is the Southern Cajun/Creole accent, I can't understand what they are saying: