Who to vote for?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
ason123
captain of 50

Who to vote for?

Post by ason123 »

Concerning the upcoming election, who are you going to vote for? And why? I know this is vague, but I really am disturbed by both the democrat and republican candidates. Since libertarians never seem to win is it fruitless to vote that way? What do you think? All of this has been overwhelming me lately.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Who to vote for?

Post by Silver »

I'm not going to tell you who to vote for, but don't vote for Clinton or Trump. That only encourages the elites of both parties. Don't give them the satisfaction.
Last edited by Silver on May 20th, 2016, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

If a prophet told you how to decide whom to vote for, and on that basis your choice were an apparent no-chance-to-win candidate, would you take the prophet's counsel and vote for that no-chance-to-win candidate ?

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

The Libertarian candidates look more and more appealing by the day, esp Austin Petersen.

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

lundbaek wrote:If a prophet told you how to decide whom to vote for, and on that basis your choice were an apparent no-chance-to-win candidate, would you take the prophet's counsel and vote for that no-chance-to-win candidate ?
Yes, I probably would take their advice. Ezra Taft Benson has said to not vote for the lesser of two evils, which is what prompted these thoughts. I am just trying to gather opinions and see what others on this forum are doing. My husband thinks that if I vote libertarian, then it is a wasted vote. I think otherwise, but keep getting pulled in two different directions because both sides of the argument have their good points. Thanks for the sound reminder! :)

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

Silver wrote:I'm not going to tell you who to vote for, but don't vote for Clinton or Trump. That only encourages the elites of both parties. Don't give them the satisfaction.
Ugh, I know, I feel the same way, Silver. They are both just not at all what I think would be a good leader of our country. Thanks for sharing!

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I am still looking around, a few people I work with are for Johnson

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

Joel wrote:I am still looking around, a few people I work with are for Johnson
This is very helpful. Thanks!

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Which Gadianton Robber am I going to vote for.

Good question.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Take a good look at the Constitution Party candidate, Darrell Castle.

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

Thanks to all who have helped with my thought process. I have decided who to vote for (Johnson). While I don't agree with his stances on every issue, I do believe that they do align with my beliefs the most. I have funneled both time and money into making sure his campaign goes forward. I do believe that there are other good options out there besides Johnson as well... Darrell Castle being one of them (this is my mom's pick!) Again, thanks for the answers. I appreciate you all.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

ason123 wrote:Thanks to all who have helped with my thought process. I have decided who to vote for (Johnson). While I don't agree with his stances on every issue, I do believe that they do align with my beliefs the most. I have funneled both time and money into making sure his campaign goes forward. I do believe that there are other good options out there besides Johnson as well... Darrell Castle being one of them (this is my mom's pick!) Again, thanks for the answers. I appreciate you all.
I've been voting Libertarian for decades. I never "win", but I do have the satisfaction of voting my mind.

I do not like their positions on abortion and gay marriage, but when / if these 2 issues are pushed back to the states, at least you have a chance of getting the laws you want on a per state basis. The rest of their platform / beliefs I am pretty aligned with.

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

Obrien wrote:
ason123 wrote:Thanks to all who have helped with my thought process. I have decided who to vote for (Johnson). While I don't agree with his stances on every issue, I do believe that they do align with my beliefs the most. I have funneled both time and money into making sure his campaign goes forward. I do believe that there are other good options out there besides Johnson as well... Darrell Castle being one of them (this is my mom's pick!) Again, thanks for the answers. I appreciate you all.
I've been voting Libertarian for decades. I never "win", but I do have the satisfaction of voting my mind.

I do not like their positions on abortion and gay marriage, but when / if these 2 issues are pushed back to the states, at least you have a chance of getting the laws you want on a per state basis. The rest of their platform / beliefs I am pretty aligned with.
I feel the same way about the abortion issue too. As a woman, I cannot fathom the logic of thinking that a baby doesn't have the constitutional right of life, just because they happen to be attached TEMPORARILY to a woman's body, while a baby that sees the light of day is considered to be a human and therefore has human rights. The cruel irony behind the whole thing kills me...but anyhow... Bottom line is, the less the federal government needlessly sticks their expensive noses into our lives, the better off our country will be.