Cool political quiz/ visualization

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates for the 2015/2016 elections.
User avatar
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3967
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Holbrook, Az
Contact:

Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby SmallFarm » Tue May 17, 2016 9:49 am

SO I found this neat political quiz, I thought it might be a good way to display our different political leanings simply.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's mine... been moving to the left lately.... #:-s
Image
~

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Tue May 17, 2016 10:15 am

Image
Before the photoshop job :)

Silver
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4502
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Silver » Tue May 17, 2016 10:22 am

Some of the questions need another choice. Like this one:
Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment.
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly agree

I would have chosen the government has no right to do either. I chose "Disagree" because their premise in asking the question is wrong. The Brits have strayed from the Magna Carta.

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.21
Libertarian.png
Libertarian.png (17.29 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
As a prophet reveals the truth it divides the people. (T)he worldly either want to close the mouth of the prophet, or else act as if the prophet didn’t exist, rather than repent of their sins. Popularity is never a test of truth. Ezra Taft Benson

User avatar
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3967
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Holbrook, Az
Contact:

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby SmallFarm » Tue May 17, 2016 11:42 am

Silver wrote:Some of the questions need another choice. Like this one:
Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment.
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly agree

I would have chosen the government has no right to do either. I chose "Disagree" because their premise in asking the question is wrong. The Brits have strayed from the Magna Carta.
I agree... some of those questions are skewed for a desired result ;)
~

User avatar
Robin Hood
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3132
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 am
Location: England

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Robin Hood » Tue May 17, 2016 2:05 pm

I came up way to the right in the purple libertarian section!

Nah........ just kidding! ;)

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:10 pm

I got about the same result with another test

Image

Image
Image
Image
Before the photoshop job :)

Ezra
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3872
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:53 am
Location: Not telling

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Ezra » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:06 pm

Wow most of those questions are totally leading and the fact that I disagree with the question puts me in the authoritarian left. Which is completely bunk.

User avatar
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5583
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 am
Location: Pf, Texas

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby ajax » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 pm

chart.png
chart.png (17.31 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
“I love that man better who swears a stream as long as my arm, yet deals justice to his neighbors and mercifully deals his substance to the poor, than the smooth-faced hypocrite." - Joseph Smith

User avatar
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5583
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 am
Location: Pf, Texas

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby ajax » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:42 am

Ezra wrote: puts me in the authoritarian left. Which is completely bunk.
We all figured as much. :p ;)
“I love that man better who swears a stream as long as my arm, yet deals justice to his neighbors and mercifully deals his substance to the poor, than the smooth-faced hypocrite." - Joseph Smith

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:31 am

ajax wrote:chart.png

I figured you and I were around the same area
Before the photoshop job :)

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:35 am

Ezra wrote:Wow most of those questions are totally leading and the fact that I disagree with the question puts me in the authoritarian left. Which is completely bunk.
I still love ya even if you are a commie cupcake :ymhug:
Before the photoshop job :)

User avatar
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5583
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 am
Location: Pf, Texas

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby ajax » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:37 am

Joel wrote:
ajax wrote:chart.png

I figured you and I were around the same area
I'm sorry. I really am. I feel bad for you. There is no light down here in the lower right quadrant. Only cynical cold hard facts, hopefully splashed with some humor and common sense.
“I love that man better who swears a stream as long as my arm, yet deals justice to his neighbors and mercifully deals his substance to the poor, than the smooth-faced hypocrite." - Joseph Smith

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:13 pm

Image


how they figure this https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image
Before the photoshop job :)

User avatar
Obrien
Up, up and away.
Posts: 4929
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Obrien » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:25 am

My test looked almost exactly like silver's test.
I suspect that if a person does not view the world through the establishment's "right / left" paradigm, the dot will be in an unlikely place.
I must have gotten just enough libertarian background from a boss in my formative years to offset the authoritarianism inculcated in me by LDSCo.

Alas - I am lukewarm, and fit to be spit from the paradigms of man.
Peace be unto you...

User avatar
Obrien
Up, up and away.
Posts: 4929
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Obrien » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:24 am

I have undergone somewhat of a paradigm shift in the last 5 years. I took the test again, based on how a 5 year younger Obrien would have responded. I went from the libertarian side of the line to the authoritarian side of the line. My 5 year ago self ( as best as I remember him) would have been exactly like silver, just 2 lines into the authoritarian side of the equation. Maybe my paradigm has shifted less than I thought. Perhaps I am just older now, and not willing to be trammeled by an authority.
Peace be unto you...

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:08 pm

:))

Image
Before the photoshop job :)

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:37 pm

:))

Image
Before the photoshop job :)

User avatar
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3967
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Holbrook, Az
Contact:

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby SmallFarm » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Joel wrote::))

Image
Hmm.... where would hot wheat mush be on this diagram I wonder... :-?
~

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Image


Image
Before the photoshop job :)

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Image
Before the photoshop job :)

Jonesy
captain of 100
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Jonesy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 pm

IMG_0059.PNG
IMG_0059.PNG (409.99 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
Boom. Now you know. I don't consider myself politically-minded. Maybe somewhat of an anarchist? :-?

Yeah, most seem to be framing the question. Plus, why poll with words like 'sometimes' or 'usually'? At least draw the line somewhere so we can answer ideally.

User avatar
Joel
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3378
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby Joel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Image
Before the photoshop job :)

eddie
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Re: Cool political quiz/ visualization

Postby eddie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 pm

SmallFarm wrote:
Tue May 17, 2016 11:42 am
Silver wrote:Some of the questions need another choice. Like this one:
Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment.
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly agree

I would have chosen the government has no right to do either. I chose "Disagree" because their premise in asking the question is wrong. The Brits have strayed from the Magna Carta.
I agree... some of those questions are skewed for a desired result ;)
Don't you move to the left Small farm, you have better sense than that!


Return to “2015 / 2016 Elections”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests