Here in Arizona....

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Here in Arizona....

Post by lundbaek »

Common Core is a major and controversial topic. Some reports say Supt. of Public Instruction John Huppenthal supports it, while his Republican challenger Diane Douglas is adamantly opposed to the federally-funded program.

There are many wealthy attorneys and business people, as well as many Mormons who want open borders with Mexico and I have heard/read reports of activists going to Democrats' homes and asking them to change their registration so they can vote in the Republican primary in support of Republicans who support open borders and amnesty.

Then there are candidates and incumbents who support a balanced budget, while others are clearly tax and spend advocates.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Here in Arizona....

Post by gkearney »

lundbaek wrote:Common Core is a major and controversial topic. Some reports say Supt. of Public Instruction John Huppenthal supports it, while his Republican challenger Diane Douglas is adamantly opposed to the federally-funded program.

There are many wealthy attorneys and business people, as well as many Mormons who want open borders with Mexico and I have heard/read reports of activists going to Democrats' homes and asking them to change their registration so they can vote in the Republican primary in support of Republicans who support open borders and amnesty.

Then there are candidates and incumbents who support a balanced budget, while others are clearly tax and spend advocates.
Just how are common core and open borders related?

survivaldealer
captain of 100

Post by survivaldealer »

Aside from they are both bad ideas, evil in nature, promoted by Lucifarians, in support of their Master, to prove how much they hate God, and especially any of Jesus' ideas.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Common core and open borders have been and are now causing a great deal of controversy in this here part of Arizona and probably in other parts of the state as well. They generate hard feelings and alienate ward members from each other. I've seen and experienced it in our ward and in our stake. There are other issues that members of the Church are divided on, but none that I know of are as divisive as these two

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

gkearney wrote:Just how are common core and open borders related?
survivaldealer wrote:Aside from they are both bad ideas, evil in nature, promoted by Lucifarians, in support of their Master, to prove how much they hate God, and especially any of Jesus' ideas.
Agreed. They also both serve as a perfect 'divide and conquer' method to keep people fighting with each other.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

This Tuesday, September 30, 2014, a Libertarian gubernatorial candidate, Barry Hess will be speaking at the Burke Basic School, 131 E. Southern Ave. in Mesa. The meeting will start at 6:30 PM and should be over around 8:00 PM. Barry is the Libertarian gubernatorial candidate running here in Arizona against Republican Doug Ducey and Democrat Fred Duval. Barry has fought some legal battles to get and keep his name on the ballot this November. AZ voters are invited to come and listen to the alternative and decide for yourself who they believe is the best candidate to hold the state's highest elected office.

Even though Doug Ducey won his Republican primary race it seems he is not popular among voters who support small government, and his integrity was called into question during the primary race. To many voters he is a lesser of two evils. But to others he is viewed as a "spoiler" who could conceivably throw the fight to the Democrat candidate Fred Duval.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I like Barry, I have voted for him every time he has run :)