1 out of 100

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

1 out of 100

Post by lundbaek »

I just got home from a debate between the only two Republican candidates for the US "House" from Arizona Congressional District 8. Our primary elections is 26 August. And the winner will face the Democrat incumbent in November. I'll not go into the differences between the two Republican candidates, but there are some significant differences. A few days ago I sent out announcements to about 100 of our ward and stake members who I thought might want to get informed about these two Republican candidates. Not a single one showed up. One lady from another stake I invited came. One Mormon out of about a hundred had enuf interest to come listen to the debate. And people wonder why I claim that the country is heading for the eternal boiler room in a handbasket.

Bananikka
captain of 100

Re: 1 out of 100

Post by Bananikka »

I think we are at a point where we all feel pretty helpless.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Re: 1 out of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Bananikka wrote:I think we are at a point where we all feel pretty helpless.
Perhaps they all vote democrat.
In any case no one wants to go listen to a debate about how bad the economy is, debt, foreign policy failure (back to square one after the two gulf wars & Afghanistan), restriction of firearm control - everyone is fed up with bad news and switch off.
Even in Australia people just walk away if you talk about current world issues job losses etc.........