Voting is a fraud

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
LDSguy
captain of 100

Voting is a fraud

Post by LDSguy »

"Christie was seated at the same table as Adelson, who figures to play a prominent role in the selection of the next Republican presidential nominee."

This is why I've given up faith in the American voting process as a true and honest method of political selection... and you should too.

http://news.yahoo.com/christie-calls-mo ... ction.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Voting is a fraud

Post by lundbaek »

I would be willing and happy with a return to the original process for election of the president and vice-president, namely that spelled out in Article 2, Section 1 of the US Constitution. And likewise for the election of US senators as spelled out in Article I, Section 3.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I wonder if the Church will send our that letter to be read in sacrament meetings that urges American members to study the issues and the candidates and vote. I do not recall hearing it read prior to the 2012 elections. Actually, it otta be read well ahead of the primary elections, as in many cases that is the more important election.

I am really concerned that in this area many democrats have been and will again be persuaded to vote on the republican ballot for the most liberal republican candidates.

dtanner
captain of 100

Post by dtanner »

Primary elections certainly have some value in some states. In others they're an utter waste of time. I was a delegate to a state convention in 08 and the governor had already hand selected the national delegation and passed it through on a special bylaws committee meeting that occurred the day before the convention began. All we did was listen to 'rah rah for the party' talks. It made me sick.

What's more, thanks to Mitt Romney and his rabid lust for the nomination in 12, the entire primary process became a whole lot more meaningless for everyone.

I still vote and consider that God expects me to voice my opinion while I still can. Each walks his own path though and I can understand why people would feel differently.

StriplingWarrior
captain of 50

Post by StriplingWarrior »

I don't even bother to get involved in politics. There is no voting (for presidents) anymore. They are selected. The left-wing right-wing paradigm is just a distraction to keep you from the truth--there is no democracy it's just an illusion to make people think they are still in a democracy.

here's a good quote from the matrix movie: "Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. What truth? There is no spoon.There is no spoon? Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

Also, politics are only found in fallen worlds like ours. We will have a theocracy during the height of the Millenium. I have no faith in any political system on earth. Just faith in Christ.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It was Jesus the Christ that gave the United States the form of government it originally had. "I established the Constitution of this land by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose,..." Without actually telling us who to vote for (with one possible exception) prophets and apostles have made it very clear how we should choose which candidates to vote for and how to decide if a proposed program meets constitutional muster or not. I would think that faith in Christ would inspire one to learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers, to become involved in civic affairs to see that we are properly represented, and to make our influence felt by our vote, our letters, our teaching, and our advice, as the Prophet advised us in October 1987 General Conference.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Now - Now - Now don't be a bunch sore looses it is democracy the voice of the people - choose evil you have to accept the voice of the people, that is how the process works. Democracy is nothing other than mob rule; there is more of us so you do what we say or we beat you up!! :ymdevil:

StriplingWarrior
captain of 50

Post by StriplingWarrior »

lundbaek wrote:It was Jesus the Christ that gave the United States the form of government it originally had. "I established the Constitution of this land by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose,..." Without actually telling us who to vote for (with one possible exception) prophets and apostles have made it very clear how we should choose which candidates to vote for and how to decide if a proposed program meets constitutional muster or not. I would think that faith in Christ would inspire one to learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers, to become involved in civic affairs to see that we are properly represented, and to make our influence felt by our vote, our letters, our teaching, and our advice, as the Prophet advised us in October 1987 General Conference.
Great point. Even though the Savior gave the US the original form of government it had, I still want to emphasize that he still gave that *fallen type* of system to the US. I think he would have implemented a different system of government altogether in a millenial type world.

SuHwak
captain of 50

Post by SuHwak »

How YOU can become president of the USA with only 22% of the popular vote. (I say you, because I am excluded by way of my citizenship)

http://youtu.be/7wC42HgLA4k?t=4m18s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CGPGrey has many sad/hilarious video's.

If you've watched the above, I higly recommend this one next, and then any that piques your interest.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I don't think the word "fraud" applies in this way, but the general ignorance of voters, including LDS voters right along with the rest of them, about the candidates and the programs they are wooed to support, contributes greatly to the travesty we are getting ever deeper into now. Also, certain latter-day prophets and apostles have given us divinely inspired direction on how to decide who and what to vote for or against. And few there be that even know of that advice, let alone follow it.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

black box machines--there is no real vote anymore.

worthit
captain of 100

Post by worthit »

Voting is thoroughly a fraud. I don't want to pretend my vote counts. It only lends credence to the charade.

As a former delegate, I can also relate that the choice is already made. Usually to the candidate who is least favorable by poll, who can still read a teleprompter. The electronic voting machines are set for the "right" candidate, sent to a jewish company in Orlando, Fl. for a report of the "results". The "election" process is not made for real, but to make believable the determination made by the TPTB.
In the meantime, the real news is hidden. Watch the bills that get passed in congress, the EOs that are made, the treaties that are signed (which treaties trump the constitution), the movements of the UN. All the while the MSM fill up the airways with political analysts and tv reporters interviewing each other endlessly with meaningless drivel.
If knowing how this dog and pony show works makes one earn the label of "being cynical" count me in.
mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable

ChantDownBabylonNWO
captain of 10

Post by ChantDownBabylonNWO »

Pure Democracy is a fraud and the Constitution doesn't condone it. The Republic is what we are supposed to have, rule of law and representatives protecting that LAW of the LAND…We are to send representatives to DC to protect the People from Tyrannical government and Democracy (MOB RULE)

DICTATORSHIP OF THE 51% is this democracy or voting fraudulence. This website is great, didn't know that many members were Awake!!

Amendment 17 0f the Constitution now makes voting a fraud. DONT DO IT, DO NOT CONSENT!

But of course DC is officially a Corporation and not subject to the people. We just need secede in each state, then each city, then each town and so on and so on. BUT the Gadiantons are and have been ABOVE us so what do we expect? Voting is a check mark for the Gads. Awaken!!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Although I cannot prove it, I strongly suspect voter fraud is alive and well in America in the cases of certain races for elected office. But I believe most races for elected offices, especially local offices, are free of fraud. But regardless, we have been told by at least some of our prophets and a apostles to learn the principles by which the Lord intended America to be governed, to strive to learn as much as we can about each candidate and each issue which we must decide and vote on, and then "we must make our influence felt by our vote". I believe the commandments given us in President Benson's October 1987 Conference address "Our Divine Constitution" have never been cancelled by a prophet.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

In Britain...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G50XIlWDb_U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;