Rand Paul and Mike Lee?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
forliberty
Hi, I'm new.

Rand Paul and Mike Lee?

Post by forliberty »

Hi I'm new here! Wondering the general thoughts of this forum on Ron Paul's views on liberty (social, economic, etc) and whether you are supportive of his run for presidency (last elections). And what do you guys think of Rand Paul and Mike Lee? Some say they have been corrupted already, but I see it more of a "work with the enemy to seize their power". By power, I mean that which can promote or cause liberty or tyranny. I think Rand Paul sees it as the only hope to change America, and that is to do "whatever" (to a limit) it takes to get the presidential spot, and then he will hold up to the same beliefs and standards as Ron Paul. Hopefully I am right, and this is why I think we should support Rand Paul, as he is already having enough problems from both the liberty lovers and the mainstream warhawks. I think his vote against Russian sanctions and bailing out Ukraine is a strong sign that his real beliefs have not fallen far from the tree of Ron Paul. What do you guys think? Perhaps you don't even like Ron Paul?

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Rand Paul and Mike Lee?

Post by creator »

Welcome.

I would guess that many here do like Ron Paul (I do), but are less supportive of Rand Paul and Mike Lee.

Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Mormon »

I am supportive of all three people.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Ron Paul had the superior understanding but lacked the ability to deliver his message in sound bites that Boobus Americanus could grasp.

Rand and Mike I don't think understand the principles as well (or are willing to compromise on them) but do have the ability to persuade those that they disagree with. Both Rand and Mike are among the best that we have in DC right now, in my opinion.

forliberty
Hi, I'm new.

Post by forliberty »

Nice to know your opinions! I'm not too familiar with Mike Lee (even though I'm in Utah) but I heard he endorsed Romney even after Ron Paul endorsed him! (well Rand did too but I think that was more of a political move because Rand's always looking into the future for a presidential spot)
So do you think Mike Lee is still an honest man that cares about the constitution or he's sold?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Brian, why are you "less supportive" of Mike Lee ? I ask that because I was disappointed that Scott Bradley was not elected to that Senate seat, but some Utah constitutionalists seemed to think Lee was the better candidate.