Support your local Constitutionalist

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Support your local Constitutionalist

Post by lundbaek »

While every member of the Church should look down with scorn upon any man or woman who would undermine the Constitution, we must also seek for and support only those who understand and will adhere to constitutional principles.

If you have a constitutionalist representative now, you may find that momentum is already being built by other members of Congress as well as some of your state legislators to unseat him/her. And if you have a member of Congress who undermines the Constitution, now is the time to seek for and support a replacement who understands and will adhere to constitutional principles.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Support your local Constitutionalist

Post by lundbaek »

Time to start thinking about this, don't you think ? After all, "We are role models to the world, protecting God-given and unalienable rights." (Elder Robert Hales, April 2013 General Conference).

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Also, on of the topics of the February Ensign, "Get Informed, Get Involved"! I really enjoyed the article and it made very clear that LDS everywhere should do just as you stated in the original post.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

lundbaek wrote:While every member of the Church should look down with scorn upon any man or woman who would undermine the Constitution, we must also seek for and support only those who understand and will adhere to constitutional principles.
Have you heard of ex-Air Force vet Kristen Meghan? I've just learned of her efforts re: the Constitution and 9/11 and geo-engineering TRUTH.
She carried a pocket Constitution during her years in the military - and was challenged for doing so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O7RUEdefVA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -- well worth watching to the end (PS - I'm in it...)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I watched the videos and enjoyed the interview of Kirsten Meghan. My audio is not all that good so I will listen to her again. If only more Church leaders would speak out about the Constitution and our sacred duty to honour the Constitution and to honour freedom.

You looked younger in that video than I remember you from 2006 when I met you twice in SLC/Holliday I think it was.

Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Mormon »

mes5464 wrote:Also, on of the topics of the February Ensign, "Get Informed, Get Involved"! I really enjoyed the article and it made very clear that LDS everywhere should do just as you stated in the original post.
I agree

Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Mormon »

http://www.constitutionparty.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I am still treasurer of the Maricopa County (AZ) Constitution Party. In Arizona the CP is few in number because, IMO, so many people who appreciate and espouse the principles of the Constitution are still determined to change the Republican Party from within.

I am real happy about the February Ensign article and hope it will inspire more Church members to become accurately informed, learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers or as those who established it intended it to be understood, find out how they can best get involved, and get involved however they best can.

Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Mormon »

lundbaek wrote:I am still treasurer of the Maricopa County (AZ) Constitution Party. In Arizona the CP is few in number because, IMO, so many people who appreciate and espouse the principles of the Constitution are still determined to change the Republican Party from within.

I am real happy about the February Ensign article and hope it will inspire more Church members to become accurately informed, learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers or as those who established it intended it to be understood, find out how they can best get involved, and get involved however they best can.
I agree and i wish my Constitution party (Idaho) was more active in the state.

Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Mormon »

Breaking–Mr. Steve Pankey announces as gubernatorial candidate
March 3rd, 2014
Mr. Steven Pankey, of Shoshone, Lincoln County, Idaho officially filed with the Idaho Secretary of State Elections Office as the Constitution Party of Idaho candidate for Idaho Governor on Monday morning, 3 March 2014.

The Secretary walked Mr. Pankey through the Governor’s Office. Mr. Pankey commented about a portrait of former President Ronald Reagan, hanging behind the desk of the Governor. “I intend to replace the Reagan picture with a painting of Thomas Jefferson. also displaying Jefferson’s quote: “I am for a government rigorously frugal and simple.