Vote every unrighteous candidate out of Office

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
susanlou
Hi, I'm new.

Post by susanlou »

In a Country so big as this, and a population as numerous, surely there are intelligent, righteous people who can be encouraged to serve. Remove all candidates who do not support the constitution and bill of rights, I don't care what party they belong to.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Vote every unrighteous candidate out of Office

Post by mes5464 »

I support this idea. I think there is a problem if finding constitutional candidates, even among church members. Also, I think it will be a life threatening undertaking, because I believe the Gads will kill you if you try and move in on their turf.

susanlou
Hi, I'm new.

Post by susanlou »

I call them that too, and it fits them well. LOL

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

There are men and women out there who I believe espouse the principles of the US Constitution as the Lord intended it to be understood. Some, like Chuck Baldwin, Darrell Castle, Scott Bradley, and Joe Fabiano have run for president, vice-president, senate and both house and senate, respectively. Currently freshmen in Congress and showing promise, but based only on their voting record beginning 2013, are Thomas Massie - KY, Jim Bridenstine - OK, and Steve Stockman - TX. However, the contest between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney convinces me that America is not ready for a president who would abide by the principles of the US Constitution. The support, or lack thereof, in Utah for the two above-named LDS candidates in Utah convinces me none of them would have a prayer's chance in a barroom of getting past the primaries if they ran as republicans, nor of winning as 3rd party candidates.

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

lundbaek wrote:There are men and women out there who I believe espouse the principles of the US Constitution as the Lord intended it to be understood. Some, like Chuck Baldwin, Darrell Castle, Scott Bradley, and Joe Fabiano have run for president, vice-president, senate and both house and senate, respectively. Currently freshmen in Congress and showing promise, but based only on their voting record beginning 2013, are Thomas Massie - KY, Jim Bridenstine - OK, and Steve Stockman - TX. However, the contest between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney convinces me that America is not ready for a president who would abide by the principles of the US Constitution. The support, or lack thereof, in Utah for the two above-named LDS candidates in Utah convinces me none of them would have a prayer's chance in a barroom of getting past the primaries if they ran as republicans, nor of winning as 3rd party candidates.
i think the simple answer is that we haven't awakened enough people yet to the secret combination that is destroying America. i think that increased awakening will alert more people to take righteous actions to save our constitution and liberty.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

moonwhim wrote: i think the simple answer is that we haven't awakened enough people yet to the secret combination that is destroying America. i think that increased awakening will alert more people to take righteous actions to save our constitution and liberty.
+1 unfortunately, many seem to not want to awaken, which is sad.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

susanlou wrote:In a Country so big as this, and a population as numerous, surely there are intelligent, righteous people who can be encouraged to serve. Remove all candidates who do not support the constitution and bill of rights, I don't care what party they belong to.
Ban all unrighteous people from voting first and you might get it done...

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Things to consider:

"President David O. McKay tried valiantly to alert the Church to the dangers of statism. In that context he encouraged us to "study Constitutional principles" and to participate "in some type of organized self-education" concerning "the alarming conditions that are rapidly advancing about us." (The Elders of Israel and the Constitution, by Jerome Horowitz, p. 191) Many members of the Church heeded his counsel and became quite knowledgeable on these matters.

"Unfortunately most members of the Church ignored President McKay's counsel and continued in their uninformed state. In some instances this has led to problems as those who heeded President McKay's counsel and became better informed were not as patient as they might have been with their less informed brothers and sisters. Sometimes they even seemed to let an element of pride enter their hearts to the extent of being critical of less informed Saints.

"It seems to me that those who have put forth the effort to be informed on these matters must exercise great care to avoid pride and be loving and respectful and patient.

"In addition to this being the proper gospel attitude, they should bear in mind that their less informed brothers and sisters are not likely to seek increased understanding if they are treated critically or are fed strong meat when they are only ready for milk."

Jerome Horowitz, http://www.inspiredconstitution.org/jh_ ... er_10.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Voting unrighteous people out isn't the issue, it's voting righteous people in.

Sorry to say, that ship has sailed. Some time ago.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

If the combined efforts of Presidents McKay, Clark, Romney, Benson, and others could not get very many American LDS voters to learn, uphold, and abide by the principles of the US Constitution as those who established it intended it to by understood, we gotta problem.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

And who, pray tell, would be left??? Angels are not inclined towards politics.

They merely represent the voting public, sad to say.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

There are efforts underway by members of the Church, some of my acquaintance, to familiarize themselves and others with the original Constitution, to oppose principles and actions contrary to it, and bring to attention of fellow Church members the instructions of prophets and the responsibilities placed upon them in the scriptures. It appears that how we each honour our responsibility to salvage our freedoms is largely an individual decision as we seek guidance in prayer and take into account our individual gifts and interests.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

There are about 12-15 LDS people of my acquaintance who are actively involved in educating people on the principles of the Constitution. One is currently a state senator, two are retired state senators. I think it is safe to say that we all believe that at this point out time and resources are better spent educating other people on the principles of the Constitution than in running for office ourselves. Until enuf voters come around to espouse the principles of the Constitution, running for office would be futile for most of us.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

As long as the masses are asses, we will keep getting candidates who do not support the constitution and bill of rights, I still hold American Mormons more responsible than even Congress for the "awful situation we are in. Mormons have been told by prophets and apostles of the vital importance of learning the principles of the US Constitution as it was meant to be understood, and of defending, upholding and adhering to its principles. They have also largely ignored the warnings of prophets and apostles, as well as those in our scriptures, about secret combinations among us striving to gain control over their government and steal our wealth. Because of this failure on the part of the Mormon people, many others whom they might have inspired to study, embrace, and abide by the principles of the Constitution have been denied the opportunity to learn and act on those principles.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Put in mind that what we consider constitutional is debatable, even with other members of the church. Hard to accept by some people, but true. Again, just because some member of the church doesn't jive with your version or interpretation of the constitution doesn't mean that they are somehow tied to some NWO conspiracy crap.

leth
captain of 100

Post by leth »

I say we line them up like Moroni did the kingmen and put em' to sword or oath.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

In the October 1987 General Conference, President Ezra Taft Benson told us ".......we must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers."

During preceding General Conference sessions he stated: "Men who are wise, good, and honest, who will uphold the Constitution of the United States in the tradition of the Founding Fathers, must be sought for diligently."
(Elder Ezra Taft Benson, October 1979 General Conference)
and: "We should understand the Constitution as the founders meant that it should be understood. We can do this by reading their words about it, such as those contained in the Federalist Papers. Such understanding is essential if we are to preserve what God has given us."
(Elder Ezra Taft Benson, April 1976 General Conference)

While Prophet and President of the Church, David O. McKay told us: "[Above] all else, strive to support good and conscientious candidates of either party who are aware of the great dangers inherent in communism, and who are truly dedicated to the Constitution in the tradition of our founding fathers."
(President David O. McKay, October 1962 General Conference)
and: "We have urged you, above all, to try to support candidates....who are truly dedicated to the Constitution in the tradition of our fathers."
(President David O. McKay, November 2, 1964, Deseret News, Letter from the First Presidency)

Those phrases " the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers", "the Constitution as the founders meant that it should be understood" have led me to seriously investigate what political persuasions the Lord would have us espouse. "The Proper Role of Government" by Ezra Taft Benson, "The Gospel Key to Our True Constitution" by Jerome Horowitz, and "Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen" by H. Verlan Andersen were extremely helpful to me in that endeavour I no longer concern myself with what other people consider constitutional. I'm confident in my understanding of what political persuasions I should espouse.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

What is constitutional is debatable, and also what is righteous is debatable. Here in Arizona the issue over how to deal with illegal immigrants has demonstrated to some of us how what may seem righteous actions in government can lead and has led to increases in legal plunder and increases in government spending.

worthit
captain of 100

Post by worthit »

3 things need to happen first, before that is even a possibility.

1. Protect the vote. Ban all electronic voting machines. Count the vote in the state it was given.
2. Eliminate tv.
3. Give the vote only to real property owners. ( living persons, not corporations)

not likely to change any time soon, not even the first step, the easiest one.