Learning Russian or Polish?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Learning Russian or Polish?

Post by gardener4life »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew some good free sites to study Russian or Polish?

I'm looking for something similar to this one below for Japanese but instead for Russian or Polish...you can see in the link below that its' a free site that has literally hundreds of free quizzes people can use to just flick through and click on. I was hoping to find something like this. To this day I don't know of other sites similar to this that are so big and so detailed that don't cost money (but that may be influenced by the concept that Japanese is one of the most complex to learn.)

www.renshuu.org

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Learning Russian or Polish?

Post by Silver »

Youtube is one of the greatest overlooked resources on the web. Why is it so good? Because it provides both visual and aural learning opportunities. If you want to cement the scholarship, write down, constantly and habitually, what you see and hear.

For example, I searched for: children's stories in Polish:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +in+Polish

By regularly changing the search parameters, there is enough material on Youtube alone to keep you busy for months. When you conquer the stuff for kids, just change the search query to "teenagers" and so on until you're working on advanced material.

Another beneficial way to learn a foreign language is to customize the material you study to match your own preexisting interests. For example, if you're interested in US history, study it in Polish.

Finally, total immersion works best. Go there. Failing that, date or marry a native Polish speaker. (You're probably going to inform us that you're already married, in which case you can accept a Polish foreign exchange student in your home although the young lady will probably want to speak more English than Polish.)

Learning a foreign language is a grand key to world peace so I commend you for your desire to become proficient in Polish or Russian.