Utah's favorite fast food restaurant is ?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Utah's favorite fast food restaurant is ?

Post by DEEPER storm »

in and out 700492316.jpg
in and out 700492316.jpg (96.67 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
In-N-Out topped the Beehive State. Texas was the only other state where that fast-food chain ranked highest.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Re: Utah's favorite fast food restaurant is ?

Post by Onsdag »

Just curious, but for the purposes of this contest, I would like to know the following:

What is classified as a "fast food" restaurant? Food served? Time/speed of service? A drive-thru window? National chains?
What measurements are used to determine Utah's 'favorite'? Money spent? Number of customers? Speed of service? Quality/taste of products? An unreliable poll? In-N-Out sponsoring/buying votes? You saying it is? Something else?

For what it's worth, I've lived here in Utah for 22+ years and I have never eaten from In-N-Out while here.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

they are excellent hamburgers. Although I feel the food at locations I have been to in Utah are inferior to those I have been to in Southern California.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

The only reason In-N-Out can be first is because there isn't a Dick's Drive-In here.
http://www.ddir.com/

Dick's is the most life changing burger in the country, according to Esquire magazine.
http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/resta ... n-7210891/

I haven't had any since February, and I would love to eat a bag of Dick's right about now.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

You know if restaurants know you are talking about them this way the problem is it makes them likely to raise their prices. :(

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

When I visit Utah I have to go to Crown Burger. Or Apollo Burger. Or Atlas Burger, Atlantis Burger, Olympus Burger, or Palace Burger.

Those Greeks make a mean pastrami burger. I haven't been able to find its equal anywhere else I've visited.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

captainfearnot wrote: October 21st, 2017, 10:42 am When I visit Utah I have to go to Crown Burger. Or Apollo Burger. Or Atlas Burger, Atlantis Burger, Olympus Burger, or Palace Burger.

Those Greeks make a mean pastrami burger. I haven't been able to find its equal anywhere else I've visited.
If you like the pastrami burger at Crown Burger then you'll love it at Six Sisters.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Both Chick Fil A and In n Out were originally founded by Christian fundamentalists.
At one time In n Out featured biblical quotations on the bottom edge of their soda cups.
The previous or perhaps original owners were killed in a helicopter crash some years ago in I think Orange County. The ownership devolved to a single young lady.
She then went thru' some miscellaneous husbands and divorce issues, but I believe still owns the billion dollar business.

I had thought they both were just fast food joints til I had a lady JW friend who introduced me to them. I then realized they were rather good.

In N Out advertises or did advertise no refrigerators. All food fresh daily.

They are preposterously popular in So Cal. But they do move so you usually don't wait too long.

I did find one where the food always seemed bad. But going to several others, it was always good. Not something for every day, maybe once a month or so.

In Utah, Lehi, I think I liked Calvins? Calvary? I forget the exact name. It's a burger chain local to Utah perhaps. They have a sign on the wall "Thanks to the Farmers". That made me like the place a lot more.
dc

Culver's that's it.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

When I ate meat...JCW's! I don't know what people see with In and Out? I agree with captainfearnot...CROWN burger.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

kittycat51 wrote: October 21st, 2017, 2:11 pm When I ate meat...JCW's! I don't know what people see with In and Out? I agree with captainfearnot...CROWN burger.
Couldn't agree more. I went to In-N-Out in a moment of indiscretion when they opened. Everyone was raving about them and I felt like they were as bad as Wendy's. JCW's is much better. There are a lot of better places.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

The ones in Utah aren't nearly as good. I haven't met a native Californian who disagrees. Utah is just obsessed with California stuff for some reason. I blame Disney*.
*disclaimer: I blame Disney for a lot of Utah stupidity.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Tommy Burgers is the best fast food burger ever! The heathens in Utah do t have one yet though, they have to drive to Vegas.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

PressingForward wrote: October 23rd, 2017, 2:10 am Tommy Burgers is the best fast food burger ever! The heathens in Utah do t have one yet though, they have to drive to Vegas.
Can any good thing come out of Vegas? Oh, wait....