Butter... hard or soft?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
Z2100
captain of 100

Re: Butter... hard or soft?

Post by Z2100 »

gradles21 wrote: October 20th, 2017, 7:41 am
Z2100 wrote: October 18th, 2017, 7:56 am
DEEPER storm wrote: October 17th, 2017, 10:52 pm I love butter. The real thing, salted, right out of the Costco cooler in that lovely blue four-pack. Yum!

After very brief consideration, I am switching from leaving my butter out, to keeping it in the 'frig.

Yes, it's ever so easy to smear on when it's soft, but I have recently come to appreciate the effort of slicing off and spreading 'hard' butter.
I like butter soft. I only eat air-popped popcorn and putting butter on it tastes so good.
Try using Ghee on your popcorn, it's a game changer.
I’ll try that thnxs

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Re: Butter... hard or soft?

Post by Serragon »

eddie wrote: October 20th, 2017, 7:59 am
gradles21 wrote: October 20th, 2017, 7:41 am
Z2100 wrote: October 18th, 2017, 7:56 am
DEEPER storm wrote: October 17th, 2017, 10:52 pm I love butter. The real thing, salted, right out of the Costco cooler in that lovely blue four-pack. Yum!

After very brief consideration, I am switching from leaving my butter out, to keeping it in the 'frig.

Yes, it's ever so easy to smear on when it's soft, but I have recently come to appreciate the effort of slicing off and spreading 'hard' butter.
I like butter soft. I only eat air-popped popcorn and putting butter on it tastes so good.
Try using Ghee on your popcorn, it's a game changer.
What is Ghee?
Ghee is simply the Indian term for clarified butter. I suspect the term has become popular simply for marketing purposes because it sounds more exotic. Seems to have worked, too. Clarified butter has been around for ages, but my adult kids think it is some new substance invented in India :)