Compare these statements and get ready

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Compare these statements and get ready

Post by Silver »

Ezra Taft Benson
"Even though American citizens would still be forced by law to honor the same pieces of paper as though they were real money, instinctively they would rush and convert their paper currency into tangible material goods which could be used as barter. As in Germany and other nations that have previously traveled this road, the rush to get rid of dollars and acquire tangibles would rapidly accelerate the visible effects of inflation to where it might cost one hundred dollars or more for a single loaf of bread. Hoarded silver coins would begin to reappear as a separate monetary system which, since they have intrinsic value would remain firm, while printed paper money finally would become worth exactly it's proper value--the paper it is printed on! Everyone's savings would be wiped out totally. No one could escape. (An Enemy Hath Done This, p. 218.)" (The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson p 639-640.)

Brandon Smith
“I think the plan is to kill the dollar’s world reserve status, and that will severely limit the dollar’s value on the global market. We’ll still have our green dollars, with the presidents, but the value will no longer be controlled by the Federal Reserve… I think the Federal Reserve will step aside for the IMF, and the IMF will become the new global mediator of currency values.”

The United States will be hit the hardest, with the reliance upon the dollar’s reserve currency status…. “and an extreme shift from first world down to third world living conditions. It will be a disaster, there will be people who will die during this process, [just as people did] during the Great Depression. It’s going to be a disaster.” (end quote)

Find more at:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... insurgency" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davedan
captain of 1,000

Re: Compare these statements and get ready

Post by davedan »

This would be true except for the Walmart factor. As the US prints, Walmart dictates to manufacturers what Walmart will pay in USD (take it or die).

This leads us to war first instead of economic collapse first

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I am starting to accumulate gold and silver Britannia's, in anticipation of the collapse of fiat money.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I trust many of you are working on your financial reserve as commanded by the Lord. The question is what's in your financial reserve.

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

davedan wrote:This would be true except for the Walmart factor. As the US prints, Walmart dictates to manufacturers what Walmart will pay in USD (take it or die).

I'll disagree with you on one simple premise.

Going to war with the U.S before the financial collapse, we are going to either win or put up a very strong fight because of our massive military.

It makes far more sense to collapse our economy, which one effect is the military collapses because it can no longer be funded, this makes the war much more manageable for our enemies.

The WalMart factor itself depends somewhat on the USD reserve status - take that away, and many of Walmarts suppliers will now find the stick of being able to set prices in their own hands, and it will be WalMart that will either pay or die.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

This is one reason, that I have such an interest in Venezuela. I think, we can see a model of what may come.

Recently, Venezuela, engaged in a policy of eliminating all 100 Bolivar notes. The purpose of which was to kill the black market. What is the black market, in Venezuela? Any exchange that doesn't involve buying and selling stuff at government approved stores for government approved prices.

No doubt, as things get tougher and tougher the government will use the manipulation of money to stop anybody from doing any trade or business that it doesn't approve of.

Regards,

George Clay

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

Anybody heard of Goldmoney.com?

https://www.goldmoney.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Separatist wrote:Anybody heard of Goldmoney.com?

Thanks for sharing that video. It raises an interesting point:
In 1986 a Big Mac cost $1.60. Not sure what it costs now because I haven't been in a McDonalds in a long while, but in gold today it costs the same 0.13 grams as in 1986. Of course there have been fluctuations over time, but the value of gold, since it is real money, stays stable as compared to easily inflated paper money.

Here's another way of looking at the stable value of real money. In 1964 a dime was worth 10 cents. In 1965, a freshly minted dime was also worth 10 cents but something interesting was happening. Wise men and women began saving all the 1964 (and earlier) dimes they could find. Why? Because 1964 dimes were 90% silver while the new coins were nickel-clad copper coins. Nickel and copper are not as valuable as silver. The US government had embarked on a mission to debauch the coins of this country.

Gresham's Law says that bad money drives out good money. That's what happened in 1965. The good money was driven out of the market to the sock drawers of America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham%27s_law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today the intrinsic value of a 1964 dime is $1.16 ( http://www.coinflation.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) while a 1965 dime is still worth just 10 cents. Both are dimes, but if you have a 1964 you can go to the coin shop and sell it for 10 times its face value.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

davedan wrote:This would be true except for the Walmart factor. As the US prints, Walmart dictates to manufacturers what Walmart will pay in USD (take it or die).

This is exactly what Joel Skousen stated in his presentation in Highland earlier this month. He believes that War will break out first before a collapse. He continued with stating that cash would be King for a bit. Next best after cash begins to dwindle, SILVER over gold. (I believe 'Silver' will love this) :)

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

The biggest problem with precious metals, during a time where they are necessitated, is setting an agreed upon base of exchange. If things are so bad that precious metals must be used, the person with the most guns, or biggest brute squad sets the price.
If you think you can march into a food warehouse, that is successfully guarded from anarchic style looting mobs, and claim that your 1oz Gold Eagle should be exchanged at spot price of $1500, back when the stock tickers were still ticking before SHTF happened, you're fooling yourself. The cashier at the front desk, surrounded by a dozen fully-automatic machine gun guards, is gonna look at the $50 stamped on that coin and declare "I'll give ya 50 bucks of food". And don't even think you'll be able to exchange foreign gold coins. "A Krugga-what? What the ^@#$* is that??", "A gold panda? Do I look Chinese to you??", "Fine. I'll give you $50. Minus a 25% translation fee", as the guards chuckle and sneer. "Platinum? Looks like shiny aluminum to me. And its not even as big as a pop can!"
Once SHTF is over, and things return to their regular order, it'll be those guys that are cashing in your 1oz gold at spot price once again.

The point I'm getting at is, go for precious metals that don't have such a large span between their stamped value and their prior to SHTF exchange value. Silver dimes and quarters are your best bet. Silver 50c pieces start to get heavy and bulky, even though they are technically just twice the weight of the quarter. Silver nickels will be iffy, since there is just a 5c printed on them. You might want to even consider the 60/40 silver 50c pieces, because some exchangers may think they're 90% silver.
And when you're buying these for SHTF purposes, never pay premiums for nice, new, shiny, fancy design. When it comes down to it, a silver dime is a dime is a dime. In fact, you may even consider buying the culls and highly worn coins. As long as its distinguishable enough to be identified as a dime or quarter.

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

I have a stockpile of brass, lead, powder and primers. I bet I can get your silver and gold coins!

Kidding of course, but think about it. If things do go as bad as some think they may (and I agree that they might) then the rule of law, respect for others property, etc. go out the window very quickly. Exchanging precious metals for goods and services only works as long as someone doesn't point a weapon at your head and just takes what they want.

So where is the real safety? I think we will see like minded people (members of the Church and others) gathered together for common support. At that point you can establish any sort of system the group agrees on for exchange of goods and services and be just fine. Doesn't have to be precious metals, it could be a Bishop's storehouse concept where all forms of property and exchange can be used.

If you let go of the concept of what is "valuable" that we have been schooled in for thousnads of year and start to look at the differnet possibilities you can come up with a any number of interesting scenarios.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

[quote="Separatist"]Anybody heard of Goldmoney.com?

I really like your quote: "The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves. We cannot force love" --William Hazlitt

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

James Rickards is currently predicting the switch to a 'World Currency/Money base' will take place just after midnight at the start of 1 January 2017.

Rickards is the author of a New York Times bestseller Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis, published in 2011, as well as the author of: The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System, published in 2014, and The New Case for Gold, published in 2016.

He's really sticking his neck out on this one because we only have to wait 10 more days to see if he's wrong.

And of course, if he's right, the dollar will plunge along with dollar-denominated assets.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote:James Rickards is currently predicting the switch to a 'World Currency/Money base' will take place just after midnight at the start of 1 January 2017.

Rickards is the author of a New York Times bestseller Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis, published in 2011, as well as the author of: The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System, published in 2014, and The New Case for Gold, published in 2016.

He's really sticking his neck out on this one because we only have to wait 10 more days to see if he's wrong.

And of course, if he's right, the dollar will plunge along with dollar-denominated assets.
Larsen,
What are the odds, in your opinion, of Rickards being right? By "right" I mean on timing. I have no doubt that the US$ is due to plummet, it's just that bothersome "when?" thingy that has me concerned.

A lot has to happen between now and 1Jan2017 for a new currency to be implemented. However, if it's done in a roughshod, devil-may-care manner, it is not impossible. But if it is going down, would Trump have pre-knowledge of it? If he does (and it seems likely he would), how would that change your opinion of him? (Look at me take my own thread off topic.)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote:
larsenb wrote:James Rickards is currently predicting the switch to a 'World Currency/Money base' will take place just after midnight at the start of 1 January 2017.

Larsen,
What are the odds, in your opinion, of Rickards being right? By "right" I mean on timing. I have no doubt that the US$ is due to plummet, it's just that bothersome "when?" thingy that has me concerned.

A lot has to happen between now and 1Jan2017 for a new currency to be implemented. However, if it's done in a roughshod, devil-may-care manner, it is not impossible. But if it is going down, would Trump have pre-knowledge of it? If he does (and it seems likely he would), how would that change your opinion of him? (Look at me take my own thread off topic.)
I don't have an opinion on the odds of this happening, having no knowledge of Rickard's' sources or reasoning. Yesterday, I got hooked on listening to an infomercial he put out, and listened long enough to pick up his prediction . . . and also yesterday, in the process of cleaning up one of our messes, discovered my wife had purchased his book: The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System.

So, I just put this out for what it may be worth to anyone.

Do you have any knowledge of Rickards and his work? If so, is he credible?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote:
Silver wrote:

Larsen,

I don't have an opinion on the odds of this happening, having no knowledge of Rickard's' sources or reasoning. Yesterday, I got hooked on listening to an infomercial he put out, and listened long enough to pick up his prediction . . . and also yesterday, in the process of cleaning up one of our messes, discovered my wife had purchased his book: The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System.

So, I just put this out for what it may be worth to anyone.

Do you have any knowledge of Rickards and his work? If so, is he credible?
I have read some of his material as it appears occasionally in zerohedge articles, but I have not read any of his books. Even though he says good things about precious metals, I'm not certain if he is always correct.

I must say that you are a lucky man to have a wife who is interested in a topic such as the death of fiat money.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Be careful not to get stiff necks carrying around all that gold and silver...

12 And now behold, my brethren, this is the word which I declare unto you, that many of you have begun to search for gold, and for silver, and for all manner of precious aores, in the which this land, which is a bland of promise unto you and to your seed, doth abound most plentifully.

13 And the hand of providence hath smiled upon you most pleasingly, that you have obtained many riches; and because some of you have obtained more abundantly than that of your brethren ye are alifted up in the pride of your hearts, and wear stiff necks and high heads because of the costliness of your apparel, and persecute your brethren because ye suppose that ye are better than they.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

rewcox wrote:Be careful not to get stiff necks carrying around all that gold and silver...

12 And now behold, my brethren, this is the word which I declare unto you, that many of you have begun to search for gold, and for silver, and for all manner of precious aores, in the which this land, which is a bland of promise unto you and to your seed, doth abound most plentifully.

13 And the hand of providence hath smiled upon you most pleasingly, that you have obtained many riches; and because some of you have obtained more abundantly than that of your brethren ye are alifted up in the pride of your hearts, and wear stiff necks and high heads because of the costliness of your apparel, and persecute your brethren because ye suppose that ye are better than they.
Three things:
1. It helps to turn off the footnotes when pulling scriptures from lds.org so you don't end up with "aores" instead of "ores," or "bland" instead of "land."
2. As long as the owners of precious metals avoid the sin of pride, we're OK, right? I mean nobody ever felt an inordinate amount of pride for their food storage or water filter or guns, right?
3. Send me your mailing address via private message and I'll bless you with an ounce of silver for Christmas. Once you get that shiny orb in your hand you'll never speak of stiff necks again.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote:
rewcox wrote:Be careful not to get stiff necks carrying around all that gold and silver...

Three things:
1. It helps to turn off the footnotes when pulling scriptures from lds.org so you don't end up with "aores" instead of "ores," or "bland" instead of "land."
2. As long as the owners of precious metals avoid the sin of pride, we're OK, right? I mean nobody ever felt an inordinate amount of pride for their food storage or water filter or guns, right?
3. Send me your mailing address via private message and I'll bless you with an ounce of silver for Christmas. Once you get that shiny orb in your hand you'll never speak of stiff necks again.
Shall we rename you Silver Claus? Where do I get MY shiny orb? :((

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

iWriteStuff wrote:
Silver wrote:

Three things:
Shall we rename you Silver Claus? Where do I get MY shiny orb? :((
Unfortunately for you, you've already spoken in favor of Element 47, thus I do not need to convince you by sending the genuine article.

I'm baffled as to why rewcox hasn't contacted me. I'll keep the offer open.

Sincerely,
SC & his merry elves

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

I used to buy into the idea of having precious metals, and have bought a minimal amount of coins and bars. I quickly realized it was only a good investment if specific scenarios were to happen.

1. If inflation were to take off rapidly (and it could with the right catalyst) then PM would be good to have.
2. If there was a gradual decline in the economy PM would be good to have INITIALLY, when people think things may turn around.
3. During global economic instability to hedge against losses in other investments.

If the dollar loses all value, or there is a complete collapse with no manufacturing etc, NO ONE will care about a hunk of metal. PM only have value when people place value on them. If food is scarce do you think someone would trade you something that can sustain life for a hunk of metal? I think it was Brigham Young who said the time will come when a pound of gold will hold no comparison in value to a bushel of wheat.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Silver wrote:
Separatist wrote:Anybody heard of Goldmoney.com?

Thanks for sharing that video. It raises an interesting point:
In 1986 a Big Mac cost $1.60. Not sure what it costs now because I haven't been in a McDonalds in a long while, but in gold today it costs the same 0.13 grams as in 1986. Of course there have been fluctuations over time, but the value of gold, since it is real money, stays stable as compared to easily inflated paper money.

Here's another way of looking at the stable value of real money. In 1964 a dime was worth 10 cents. In 1965, a freshly minted dime was also worth 10 cents but something interesting was happening. Wise men and women began saving all the 1964 (and earlier) dimes they could find. Why? Because 1964 dimes were 90% silver while the new coins were nickel-clad copper coins. Nickel and copper are not as valuable as silver. The US government had embarked on a mission to debauch the coins of this country.

Gresham's Law says that bad money drives out good money. That's what happened in 1965. The good money was driven out of the market to the sock drawers of America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham%27s_law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today the intrinsic value of a 1964 dime is $1.16 ( http://www.coinflation.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) while a 1965 dime is still worth just 10 cents. Both are dimes, but if you have a 1964 you can go to the coin shop and sell it for 10 times its face value.
Locally (Holbrook, AZ, along I-40) a Big Mac costs $4.86 for one but you can get two for $5

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:I used to buy into the idea of having precious metals, and have bought a minimal amount of coins and bars. I quickly realized it was only a good investment if specific scenarios were to happen.

1. If inflation were to take off rapidly (and it could with the right catalyst) then PM would be good to have.
2. If there was a gradual decline in the economy PM would be good to have INITIALLY, when people think things may turn around.
3. During global economic instability to hedge against losses in other investments.

If the dollar loses all value, or there is a complete collapse with no manufacturing etc, NO ONE will care about a hunk of metal. PM only have value when people place value on them. If food is scarce do you think someone would trade you something that can sustain life for a hunk of metal? I think it was Brigham Young who said the time will come when a pound of gold will hold no comparison in value to a bushel of wheat.
If you read the quotes in the first post of this thread you'll see that a couple of smart men are telling you some scenarios wherein it will be beneficial to own precious metals. President Benson is specifically addressing your "dollar loses all value" future.

You think you know how things will turn out, and, big picture, you really do. Tribulations and the 2nd Coming. No argument there. However, what none of us know are the baby steps in between now and then. Many people, even in the midst of all the man-made and natural disasters, will still believe that things will get better someday. Therefore, I find it unlikely that precious metals lose all their appeal instantaneously and simulataneously on a worldwide basis.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

The end of the dollar as the world reserve currency. Why won't you focus on this one financial certainty? If the Gadiantons want to control the world, they need the world to use one currency and it won't be the US dollar. Do you believe Ether 8 or not? Then get ready with a financial reserve denominated in something besides the US dollar.

The article at the link below has internal links worth following if you've never sat at the feet of Brandon Smith before.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... hite-house" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Federal Reserve Initiates End Game As Trump Heads To White House

Dec 22, 2016 10:15 PM
Submitted by Brandon Smith via Alt-Market.com

For years, alternative economic analysts have been warning that the “miraculous” rise in U.S. stock markets has been the symptom of wider central bank intervention and that this will result in dire future consequences. We have heard endless lies and rationalizations as to why this could not be so, and why the U.S. “recovery” is real. At the beginning of 2016, the former head of the Dallas branch of the Federal Reserve crushed all the skeptics and vindicated our position in an interview with CNBC where he stated:

“What the Fed did — and I was part of that group — is we front-loaded a tremendous market rally, starting in 2009.It’s sort of what I call the “reverse Whimpy factor” — give me two hamburgers today for one tomorrow. I’m not surprised that almost every index you can look at … was down significantly.” [Referring to the results in the stock market after the Fed raised rates in December.]
Fisher continued his warning (though his predictions in my view are wildly conservative or deliberately muted):

“…I was warning my colleagues, “Don’t go wobbly if we have a 10-20 percent correction at some point. … Everybody you talk to … has been warning that these markets are heavily priced.”
Here is the issue — stocks are a mostly meaningless factor when considering the economic health of a nation. Equities are a casino based on nothing but the luck of the draw when it comes to news headlines, central banker statements and algorithmic computers. Today, as Fischer openly admitted, stocks are a purely manipulated indicator representing nothing but the amount of stimulus central banks are willing to pour into them through various channels.

Even with the incredible monetary support pooled together by international financiers, returns on equities investments continue to remain mostly flat. It would seem that the propping up of indexes like the Dow has been only for the sake of keeping up appearances. For many people, revenue is barely being generated.

Unfortunately, the majority of Americans do not care to educate themselves on the finer points of finance. Their only relation to the health of the economy is their daily glance at the Dow. If it is green, or at all time highs, they assume that all is well, even if their gut is telling them something is not quite right.

The elites that stand at the helm of the Federal Reserve understand this dynamic very well. They are not stupid. They know that the whole of the global economy could be in a shambles but as long as stocks remain positive the masses will continue to ignore reality until the flames of destabilization are at their very doorsteps.

With this fact in mind one might think that the Fed would consider it in their best interest to keep stimulus measures operating indefinitely; but that is not what they are doing.

In fact, the Fed along with other central banks like the ECB has been slowly peeling back pillars of support from markets that have been in place since 2008-2009 and leaving the system open to a crisis event that should have been dealt with years ago. I examined this process of deliberate destabilization in my article 'The Global Economic Reset Has Begun.'

In that piece I outlined the three major pillars holding up the U.S. market system and certain parts of our economy and how they were being systematically removed.

The first pillar was the use of bailouts and quantitative easing measures. These were diminished through the implementation of the Fed “taper,” which I predicted would happen three months prior that year.

The second pillar was the use of near zero interest rates, which allowed numerous banks and corporations to access low-cost and no-cost overnight loans from the Fed. These companies then used these loans in large part to support a never-ending program of stock buybacks, which reduced the stock pool and artificially boosted the values of the remaining stocks. I predicted in August of 2015 that the Fed would hike interest rates and that this would be the beginning of the end for the stock buyback bonanza. The Fed hiked rates in December of that year.

This process of removing backdoor manipulation through low interest rates should be our main concern right now. Early in 2016 I believed that the Fed would reach a position in which it would finally unleash a series of rate hikes. I did not think they would be so blatant as to wait until right after the U.S. presidential election to do so. I was wrong.

This is why I eventually predicted the launch of a series of rate hikes starting right after the election of Donald Trump in my article 'World Suffers From Trump Shell Shock — Here’s What Will Happen Next.' The Fed has now once again hiked interest rates with assertions that they will be “accelerating” such hikes throughout 2017.

As I have been arguing for most of the past year, the election of Donald Trump was inevitable and would precede the triggering of the final stage of our ongoing economic crisis. I came to realize that the Fed’s timing of their latest rate hike is highly strategic. Not only does it set the stage for a series of hikes that will crush U.S. stock markets this coming year and finally shock the public out of their fiscal stupor, but it also maneuvers the crisis right into the lap of Donald Trump and the conservative movements that support him.

Beyond this, it perpetuates an increasing Left/Right division in America. Think about it — during a fiscal crisis under Trump, tiggered by accumulating Fed rate hikes, liberals will immediately set upon Trump as the culprit, while conservatives will immediately defend Trump as a victim of Federal Reserve meddling.

The Federal Reserve and the mainstream media are already composing the narrative by stating that Trump's potential economic policies and a widening budget deficit would REQUIRE higher rates at a faster pace in order to be accommodated.

I have heard arguments from some that this tactic would simply not work. That people would “never buy” a narrative in which Trump and conservatives are blamed for a market collapse that was at least eight years in the making. I have to say, this view is incredibly naive.

I understand why people would want to embrace the notion that the public is as savvy as the liberty movement when looking at economic events, but this simply isn’t reality. A large portion of the U.S. population identifies with the “Left” end of the political spectrum. We have already seen how they react in the face of a Trump election win. They are predisposed to believe that Trump is responsible for a market crash regardless of the facts. Not to mention, much of the rest of the world is economically ignorant and will likely jump on the anti-conservative bandwagon during a crisis as well.

But the real master stroke of this strategy on the part of the elites is that it creates the perfect platform for the destruction of the U.S. dollar’s world reserve status — the third and final pillar I mentioned months ago that is supporting our economic system.

Imagine that the Fed’s rate hike frenzy sparks an open feud between the central bank and Trump? Some people might say “Good! Shut the bastards down!” However, this is exactly what the elites want. With the Fed “at odds” with the president of the U.S., faith in the U.S. dollar will plummet. Its world reserve status will be destroyed. And instead of being blamed on central banks, the majority of people around the world will claim it was the fault of Trump.

With a historically sufficient excuse for the end of dollar dominance in hand, the elites can move forward with their great global reset, which includes the replacement of the dollar with the IMF’s special drawing rights as the go-to reserve currency mechanism. The SDR basket is an essential bridge in the formation of a single global monetary authority and a true single global currency.

I believe that the Fed will not only continue hiking interest rates throughout 2017, but that some of these rate hikes may be LARGER than many people expect (50 basis points or more). I believe this will be designed to foster extreme tensions between the executive branch and the central bank.

A few months ago I would have said that Trump may or “may not” be aware of this dynamic and the potential that he is a scapegoat. Now that I have seen Trump’s cabinet picks which include neo-con and Goldman Sachs alumni, I have little doubt that he is fully cognizant of the plan. I will be writing more on the issue of Trump as a "Trojan horse" in my next article. In the meantime I would point out that all of the elements of psychological support for stock markets will also disappear in the face of a Trump versus establishment narrative.

All those leftist media outlets cherry picking economic stats and telling half truths to support the recovery lie now have no reason to continue cheerleading for the economy. I expect that propaganda rags like Reuters and Bloomberg will quickly change their tune with Trump in the Oval Office and begin a consistent chorus of negative financial data. Not only will the Fed remove all support from the system, but the mainstream media will be pounding day traders with the kind of “doom and gloom” headlines that they have been criticizing us for over the years.

Make no mistake, the election of Trump may have some in the liberty movement ready to pack up their preps and forget about any national crisis in their lifetimes, but the truth is, vigilance is needed now more than ever. I said it before the election and I’ll say it today — do not get comfortable; the times are about to get even more interesting.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

I don't believe hyperinflation will happen. If it does, I will pay off my house with a single paycheck and then be set, so I'm not worried about it anyway.

I think deflation will happen because that will allow the rich to take all our homes and properties at a cheap cost since most people are in a lot of debt. It's in their best interest and our worst interest. If anything else happens, I'm not that worried. And people can talk all day about how the dollar is the reserve currency and stuff, but there are hundreds of trillions of dollars borrowed in dollars and they drive a pretty hefty demand.

As for my hedge against inflation (might as well have one) I choose goods over precious metals, because I can use them no matter what. I think everyone should have a little hedge.