So if you believe things might "Hit the fan " what are you doing?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
Joy N Wisdom
captain of 10

Re: So if you believe things might "Hit the fan " what are you doing?

Post by Joy N Wisdom »

IF GOT 10 SHOVELS .... SELL 9 & GET A NIGHT SCOPE ........................IF GOT 10 SPARE TIRES ........ SELL 9 & GET A NIGHT SCOPE ..................... IF GOT 10 BIKES .... SELL 9 & GET A NIGHT SCOPE ........ CIVIL UNREST HITS MOST // WORST AT NIGHT "S.H.T.F." ........... I KNOW THEY CAN MOUNT ON SOMETHING ........ MAYBE I NEED TO GET RID OF 9 OF THEM ...... OR MAYBE TRADE ONE YEAH ! ! ! TODAY BEFORE ITS TO LATE ...... LATE & DARK & WHAT WAS THE NOISE I JUST HEARD , I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING WITHOUT MY ...... " " I'm USELESS ....... ENDGAME ! ! ! ! ! !

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Joy N Wisdom wrote:IF GOT 10 SHOVELS
Please shut off the ridiculously annoying shouting. I've no idea if you've said anything of value because when someone posts in ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME I assume they're a pimple-faced 13 year old with nothing of value to add, and so I glide right past what they're saying.

We're committed adults here, and we already take seriously the things we discuss on this site: gospel principles, preparing for the Last Days, the LDS role in liberty. Shouting at a political convention may get you noticed, here it'll get you ignored.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Older/wiser? wrote:All depends what you were shooting

For fun! :D

Of course, all trigger time is practice. B-)

Joy N Wisdom
captain of 10

Post by Joy N Wisdom »

Dear skmo ..... God Loves The Good In You ....... Thanks for the welcoming mat, I just joined this forum! ....... You would perhaps lose your calling as a designated greeter in a Baptist Church. ...... Ha Ha ...... We need people like you who aren't afraid to speak their mind, please don't stop. However some weaker souls may never come back and be scared away. The #1 reason people leave the church's is cause of criticism by other's have you read the forum rules yet, I'm only 13 & don't have 3411 posts yet, but I knew this #1 reason did you! Ha Ha ...... Love your quote of a fair fight. Other than being a 13 year old CHILD OF GOD which i sung on my wedding day we probably have a lot in common and mutual friendships. OLDER or YOUNGER all are precious and welcome in Gods & LDS house's, if truthful, honest & trying their best etc. I AM VERY HUMBLE Seriously, .... & have backbone when needed also. We need you older member's & our newer members also, would you agree. Police, in jail, check to see if new inmates have much of a attitude before deciding what to do with them, is this your job, or is it now mine, Ha Ha "DEAR SKMO " I need your help or advice again humbly .... Do most people in this forum think it is shouting & immature or is it your feelings only. I wear glasses and can't always see the fine print! Next you may be shocked when you realize how much I love & respect your statement " We're committed ....... in liberty " if you meet & talk to me & wife someday you may be pleasantly surprised. I have debated many a subject against many Stake Presidents & Bishops simultaneously on many a subject, with debate's lasting for up to three years, and then one of the Quorum of the Twelve, come's, and again I am not corrected, but they are instructed to do what I've said, and not what they were doing. My dog would get along great with your's. MIRKWOOD good sense of humor you helped me & other's figure out what all the shooting i mean shouting is all about. Keep it up.

Joy N Wisdom
captain of 10

Post by Joy N Wisdom »

Saving the Priesthood or Destroying It & Your Survival ....... I'm learning again that some forum people take this here very seriously! GOOD ...... You got to stand for something or you fall for anything. ........ They are standing up for us you guys and the forum may need some funds also. ...... VOTE WITH YOUR POCKETBOOK ....... While you still have a chance ! ! ! .. Farmers all work together. ...... Are they the farmers, or the Priesthood, more apt to survive when united, or fragmented. Team Up .. Train Up .. Store Up .. Can Up .. Priesthood Up .. BEFORE NOT AFTER .. "Hit the fan " .... I have spoken many a time to very smart, strong, & wealthy men, and whenever I have asked, what do they think will happen to there loved ones without them around to help, love, and protect them they have always teared up, greatly. So when " Hit the fan " hits who will take care of your family when your not there, hello. ........ Dozens of times i have asked the missionaries do they like the idea that others are watching there families while there away, and the help & networking, they get very solemn and serious & happy at the same time. I tell them to tell of all the dozens of benefits I just got them to really get exited about. What a blessing each moment and opportunity each is, praise God & the Church! THANK YOU .. THANK YOU .. THANK YOU ........ With Love, Wisdom N Joy

Joy N Wisdom
captain of 10

Post by Joy N Wisdom »

Family Reunions .... Family Reunions .... Is VIP ! ! ! ....... Relatives are far more apt to help you then strangers. You may not fit into other's team's. Not enough room or food etc for outsider's. The Best "Hit the fan " Insurance then is lots of ? Reunions .... Reunions ....... " TEAM UP AT FAMILY REUNIONS " ...... With Wisdom N Joy N Gods Love!

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Joy N Wisdom wrote:Family Reunions .... Family Reunions .... Is VIP ! ! ! ....... Relatives are far more apt to help you then strangers. You may not fit into other's team's. Not enough room or food etc for outsider's. The Best "Hit the fan " Insurance then is lots of ? Reunions .... Reunions ....... " TEAM UP AT FAMILY REUNIONS " ...... With Wisdom N Joy N Gods Love!
Well I'm glad to hear your not some 13 yr. Old kid, so welcome, and as far as family reunions go, well were I live we have 8 months of winter and 4months of guests . Every one who kinda knew me is now family. So reunions are every week... Gotta love it, good luck with your preparations. Prices keep going up, back in the day when we walked 10 miles barefoot to school, potato chips were 1.59 for a 1lb bag now the family size( family of what) is almost $4.00 . I guess I would miss that the most. Hey I bet with potato flakes and ranch powder I could make my version of Pringles.

Joy N Wisdom
captain of 10

Post by Joy N Wisdom »

Thank You Kindly .. " Older/wiser? " ...... You are my 1st greeter ....... Now you get the designated greeter for the Baptist Church Calling & Award :) Ha Ha , .... We are all called to do these things in different capacity's. ... W O W, that neighbors become family makes me seriously tear up right now this is a very important point you made, please tell this to the world. You don't know how lucky your are my friend. We live for our personal eternal family plus all of our precious spiritual family's in our lives on earth through the eternity's. Comment " Well I'm glad to hear that your not some 13 yr Old kid". Well, now perhaps " Old/wiser? " you are now the mediator. The ? of the day is whats wrong with 13 yr Old kids. Sorry to tell you But ..... You "skmo" & me, were once 13 year old kids. Ha Ha perhaps were older,wiser with joy and wisdom Ha Ha Ha ! ! ! ....... & ......... Praise God The Church Is Full Of 13 Year Old Kids Like Us ........ & ...... Tell " skmo "please if you could for me, also, see, I also noticed you thanked him for his post, & again I'm new here, & have bad glasses but I'm working on all these communication & sight problems. The reason I said I'm tearing up seriously is cause the wife & I do a very serious frontline outreach to members & none members on drugs, prostitution, homeless, suicide, etc etc and it has been many a year since we had any real close continual balanced fellowship, life, peace, etc etc trust when on the frontlines it's hell and miraculous at the same time, now matter how much you pray, sing, exercise, cry, & mediate, & walk you dogs etc.etc Many a member just need to understand how VIP it is what you just said. This awesome extended family support is what the Quakers and African Quanza and other church's and cultures do to keep and pull their lost members back into the fold. I study a little socio-cultural anthropology. Anyway my friend you & skmo keep on doing the Lords work & God bless you both. THANK YOU ..... THANK YOU ..... THANK YOU ...... WITH LOVE WISDOM N JOY

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Joy N Wisdom wrote:Thank You Kindly .. " Older/wiser? " ...... You are my 1st greeter ....... Now you get the designated greeter for the Baptist Church Calling & Award :) Ha Ha , .... We are all called to do these things in different capacity's. ... W O W, that neighbors become family makes me seriously tear up right now this is a very important point you made, please tell this to the world. You don't know how lucky your are my friend. We live for our personal eternal family plus all of our precious spiritual family's in our lives on earth through the eternity's. Comment " Well I'm glad to hear that your not some 13 yr Old kid". Well, now perhaps " Old/wiser? " you are now the mediator. The ? of the day is whats wrong with 13 yr Old kids. Sorry to tell you But ..... You "skmo" & me, were once 13 year old kids. Ha Ha perhaps were older,wiser with joy and wisdom Ha Ha Ha ! ! ! ....... & ......... Praise God The Church Is Full Of 13 Year Old Kids Like Us ........ & ...... Tell " skmo "please if you could for me, also, see, I also noticed you thanked him for his post, & again I'm new here, & have bad glasses but I'm working on all these communication & sight problems. The reason I said I'm tearing up seriously is cause the wife & I do a very serious frontline outreach to members & none members on drugs, prostitution, homeless, suicide, etc etc and it has been many a year since we had any real close continual balanced fellowship, life, peace, etc etc trust when on the frontlines it's hell and miraculous at the same time, now matter how much you pray, sing, exercise, cry, & mediate, & walk you dogs etc.etc Many a member just need to understand how VIP it is what you just said. This awesome extended family support is what the Quakers and African Quanza and other church's and cultures do to keep and pull their lost members back into the fold. I study a little socio-cultural anthropology. Anyway my friend you & skmo keep on doing the Lords work & God bless you both. THANK YOU ..... THANK YOU ..... THANK YOU ...... WITH LOVE WISDOM N JOY
May I say this to you First your appreciation and gratitude commend you. Second if you and your wife " do serious frontline outreach to members & non members" then you are some of the angels that I pray for. There are those so lost that only the angels like yourselves minister to them and for this I am grateful. May you be blessed and the spirit of discernment be poured out upon you.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

Washable baby diapers and plastic pants. And everything else I use on a regular basis.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Spider wrote:Washable baby diapers and plastic pants. And everything else I use on a regular basis.
I really hope my youngest is potty trained before things "hit the fan".

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Yahtzee wrote:I really hope my youngest is potty trained before things "hit the fan".
That's unlikely. Feces hit the fan when a toddler learns to throw and decides to see what he can dig out of his diaper.

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

Canned some sausage this week. Doesn't look very appetizing, but would be a great thing to have when things go south.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Our home teachers gave us some raw milk this week, we let him borrow our pasturizer machine . We took the cream , and because we collect antiques have the butter churn as decor, so we started churning our cream and churning and churning well 50 minutes later we both had had it. So into the blender it went 3 minutes later total separation we had butter . We washed it till the water was clear working it with paddles, then lightly salted it (it lasts longer as salt kills bacteria) the best butter I've ever had. So what did I learn, forget the butter churn get a generator and a good blender, trust me it would be worth it. Have you ever said if only I knew then what I know now I would have bought that land . Well somehow I think we're all going to say that so I bought 8 more bags of black beans, I like those better than pinto,and with my trusty blender and generator , who couldn't live on burritos, and with everyone using Cpaps I can trade usage of my generator for whatever I need ( I'll let it be known for a good night sleep contact me) .

Joy N Wisdom
captain of 10

Post by Joy N Wisdom »

This is what we're doing for ourselfs, & to help other's !. :)

#1 FOOD SUPPLIER DURING WAR & SUSTAINABLE / HIDEABLE

" FREIGHT FARMS " one container grows 1.6 acres of food year round, ABOVE or BELLOW GROUND, HIDDEN. Go to this You Tube video called,
" Freight Farms Grow Fresh Food in Any Environment ", by Matt Wilkie
address here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3UhZYCJoAo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can call it a root cellar, storage, storm shelter / bunker, for multiple uses etc, or digging a well or septic tank, swimming pool or water tank, for your home improvement project, or alibi. :-$. To be secretive, you can do it in your basement, shed, shack, barn, or "Portable" R.V. tent tarp cover, or car port, for privacy.
The tunnel, or well hole can start, or begin from any of these spots, and have lots of fake or hidden doors, and traps. With many unknown extra entrances or exits. The #1 cost is a shovel and a strong back, or several extra belts used for back brace. It is cheaper, and faster than you think.

The #1 thing is safety of the dirt falling on you, so you must put up the appropriate supports, google image all the cheap, and effective ways to do this. #1 use simple to make, brick maker, google, or you tube videos called "rammed earth", then you can have all the free material you want, and build it bigger later, after disaster, when you're staying in it.
#1 get the hole preferably on high ground, so it's flood free, they say do it 200 feet above the historical maximum flooded level. #1 do your hole, and put all of your supplies, survival gear, and construction equipment to expand it later, you don't have to finish it now, but will have plenty of time for yourselves, or others to finish it later, after the disaster's hit, & your in it all the time ! .

........................................ KILLERS #1 #2 #3 #4 , ARE ... :ymdevil: CIVIL UNREST ... NO FOOD & WATER ..................................................................
........................................................... WEATHER EXPOSURE ...Bio-Epidemic & Radiation ! ...........................................................................................

..................... Survival...Solution...Survival...Solution...Survival...Solution...Survival...Solution...Survival...Solution...Survival...Solution...........................

BUG OUT ?, RISKY ... BUG IN ?, RISKY ... BUG UNDER ?, ....... THE ONLY #1 #1 #1 " GUARANTEE" ! ! !

WHY ?.......... Because ... " YOU DISAPPEAR ", " WITH FAMILY. "

WHERE ?..... Because ... " DON"T NEED TO LEAVE YOUR HOME so ALWAYS PREPARED . "

WHO ?.......... Because ... " FAMILY, FRIENDS, & CHILDREN CAN DO THIS BY THEMSELVES, & SURVIVE . .
BETTER THAN 96 % OF MORMONS, BUDDHIST, MILITARY, PREPPERS ETC :D . "

HOW ?.......... Because ... " #1 KILLER IS CIVIL UNREST & AND YOUR TEAM JUST DISAPPEARED & SAFE ."

# 1................. Because ... " PROOF, OSAMA BIN LADIN // VIETNAM TUNNELING // TRY REACHING PEOPLE .
TRAPPED IN MINE/TUNNELS ,,, WITH BEST TEAMS ... YOU CAN'T GET THEM ! ! ! . ''

ASAP !.......... Because ... " IT'S CHEAP & FAST .. GO INTO GARAGE, BASEMENT, OR UNDER HIDDEN FLOOR IN
CITY OR COUNTRY & START DIGGING A WELL THAT GOES EVERY WHICH WAY,
WITH HIDDEN & TRAP DOORS PROTECTING UNDERGROUND, STORAGE // FACILITY
// ROOT CELLAR ETC . "

HIDDEN !...... Because ... " AIR VENT LOOKS LIKE SAND, ROCK, OR CEMENT THAT BLENDS IN & HAS
MICRO HOLES MADE OF POROUS CEMENT & HAS LONG PIPING, OR PUT UNDER
BIG SLAB OF CEMENT TO REMOVE HEAT SO INFRA-RED CAMERA DETECTORS
CAN'T FIND YOU / IT ...CAN'T DETECT IT . "

DIG for $ !..... Because ... " IF NEED TO MOVE OR MAKE BIG $ $ $ IT'S ALWAYS THE BEST FASTEST SELLING
HOUSE. "

#1 Back ups.. Because ... " WHEN DO THIS WITH OTHER LIKE MINDED NEIGHBORS REAL CLOSE, YOU CAN
DEFEND EACH OTHER ABOVE GROUND, AND HAVE TUNNELS CONNECTING
YOUR DIFFERENT ROOT CELLARS, EARTH HOMES, ETC. BELLOW GROUND. "

* PROOF *.... Because ... " ANIMALS SURVIVING MOSTLY HAVE NIGHT VISION, WHY?... BIBLE SAYS CAVES,
WHY?... & CHINA & RUSSIA DID, WHY?... #1 TEMPERATURE CONTROL & METEOR
PROOF, WHY?... HISTORY SHOWS. "

PREPARED.. Because ... " #1 THING YOU CAN DO IS THIS TO : .....TRAIN UP // STORE UP // TEAM UP // PREP UP //
BE SUSTAINABLE // & SURVIVE // ALL & MORE TYPES OF DISASTERS THAN ANYTHING ELSE ! ! !. "

THANKS....... Because ... " NERDS LIKE ME, ELDERS, RELATIVES, FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS, PLAIN FOLK,
SCOUTS, ENGINEERS, FARMERS, MILITARY, & MOUNTAIN MEN, AND THEIR FAMILY
COMMUNITIES, .... I LOVE, & THANK THEM ALL FOR TEACHING ME THIS,
& SO MUCH MORE ! ! ! . . "

Our Mennonite & Amish Etc., Families & Teams, Say : Use It Up, Wear It Out, Fix It Up, Or Do Without ! ! !
Go to this forum at : " Emergency Preparedness & Self-sufficiency " Then click on " BBC's Wartime Farm " Article
by OCDMOM, ... at this You Tube address: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUsU5s0ofYo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a link to this You Tube video of how farming is and was in W.W.2 called the " # 1 Front Line of Freedom & Defense." By Churchill , THIS IS A MUST WATCH, if you care and are serious to see what can and will happen in a disaster. My wife and I are consultants on how to do many backup plans. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, COPY THIS PAGE, AND GIVE IT TO ALL YOU CAN ! ! !. Whether, or not, if you have the time, or desire, or best location to do it yourself. By the way the state of Utah, has more Mountains, above 11,000 feet than any other in the USA.
Last edited by Joy N Wisdom on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

Please stop posting the same spam in every post and every forum section.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Older/wiser? wrote:Our home teachers gave us some raw milk this week, we let him borrow our pasturizer machine . We took the cream , and because we collect antiques have the butter churn as decor, so we started churning our cream and churning and churning well 50 minutes later we both had had it. So into the blender it went 3 minutes later total separation we had butter . We washed it till the water was clear working it with paddles, then lightly salted it (it lasts longer as salt kills bacteria) the best butter I've ever had. So what did I learn, forget the butter churn get a generator and a good blender, trust me it would be worth it. Have you ever said if only I knew then what I know now I would have bought that land . Well somehow I think we're all going to say that so I bought 8 more bags of black beans, I like those better than pinto,and with my trusty blender and generator , who couldn't live on burritos, and with everyone using Cpaps I can trade usage of my generator for whatever I need ( I'll let it be known for a good night sleep contact me) .
We have bought unpasteurized milk for a while now and it creams almost into butter just during transport. This gave me an idea: in a food storage situation, we could make butter from milk by putting it on a wagon or handcart and going on a bumpy road. I think that would be the easiest way sans electricity. And you may have to make those types of trips anyway.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Good idea harakim, I fully intend to use our teams to haul and cut wood, as well as transportation our Stake is on both side of the border. Long ago before we had a wagon and teams I had an insight on grinding wheat as a wagon traveled, stones rotated as the wheels turned by a gear. Strange idea to come up with I'll admit, so I will shake my butter and grind my wheat on my way to church would that be breaking the Sabbath?

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Older/wiser? wrote:Good idea harakim, I fully intend to use our teams to haul and cut wood, as well as transportation our Stake is on both side of the border. Long ago before we had a wagon and teams I had an insight on grinding wheat as a wagon traveled, stones rotated as the wheels turned by a gear. Strange idea to come up with I'll admit, so I will shake my butter and grind my wheat on my way to church would that be breaking the Sabbath?
Good question...

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

Canned 10lbs. of ground beef tonight. Half taco seasoned, half chili seasoned.

I think we missed buying peaches to can. :|

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

paulrobots wrote:Canned 10lbs. of ground beef tonight. Half taco seasoned, half chili seasoned.

Did you can the meat using metal cans or glass jars?

If using metal cans, what do you use?
If using glass jars and a pressure cooker, what's the longest you have let a jar sit before opening it and using it? And how was the quality of the meat?

I have a pressure cooker and canning jars, and I have contemplated canning ground beef but comparing the taste of canned chicken and fresh chicken has discouraged me from trying.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

brianj wrote:
I have a pressure cooker and canning jars, and I have contemplated canning ground beef but comparing the taste of canned chicken and fresh chicken has discouraged me from trying.
My mom can's the best chicken. I prefer it over fresh chicken any day. I think she spices it with lemon.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I'm still working on my plan to move to higher ground. All I can report at this time is that I am working on it.
Well, and that I am a little closer.
dc

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

brianj wrote:
paulrobots wrote:Canned 10lbs. of ground beef tonight. Half taco seasoned, half chili seasoned.

Did you can the meat using metal cans or glass jars?

If using metal cans, what do you use?
If using glass jars and a pressure cooker, what's the longest you have let a jar sit before opening it and using it? And how was the quality of the meat?

We have chicken we canned in 2012, it is fine. We can meat in pint jars, it is the perfect size for a quick dinner for my family. We use the chicken in things like soups, chicken pot pies, and casseroles, never plain.

We have canned ground beef, brats, chicken, turkey, pork, and vennison.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

paulrobots wrote:We have chicken we canned in 2012, it is fine. We can meat in pint jars, it is the perfect size for a quick dinner for my family. We use the chicken in things like soups, chicken pot pies, and casseroles, never plain.

We have canned ground beef, brats, chicken, turkey, pork, and vennison.
By fine do you mean the taste is fairly close to that of fresh meat?

If we do one day go to camps, when other people are mixing pinto beans in with white rice to make the rice a little less bland, this ol' southern boy will be using canned spices and canned red beans to make red beans and rice! Some pint jars full of andouille sausage would sure be a wonderful addition to the meal!