Can It Be Any More Plain?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Finrock
captain of 1,000

Can It Be Any More Plain?

Post by Finrock »

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., and Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, said Monday that among the messages the pair exchanged are references to a “secret society” within the Department of Justice and the FBI.

“We learned today about information that in the immediate aftermath of [Trump’s] election, that there may have been a secret society of folks within the Department of Justice and the FBI -- to include Page and Strzok -- that would be working against him,”
(Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01 ... s-say.html).

How interesting and fascinating in my view.

-Finrock

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Can It Be Any More Plain?

Post by mes5464 »

Gadianton!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

No surprise

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Yes, I too have long thought it was rather obvious.
dc

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Notice how this thread gets almost no attention, but a thread about a wedding cake gets page after page of posts. No wonder we are screwed.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Vision wrote: January 25th, 2018, 8:01 am Notice how this thread gets almost no attention, but a thread about a wedding cake gets page after page of posts. No wonder we are screwed.
The general apathy around this issue is pretty amazing to me.

-Finrock

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Finrock wrote: January 25th, 2018, 8:44 am
Vision wrote: January 25th, 2018, 8:01 am Notice how this thread gets almost no attention, but a thread about a wedding cake gets page after page of posts. No wonder we are screwed.

-Finrock
I think it is just that we all feel like it is stating the obvious. What more is there to say?

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

MSM is now saying that the secret society texts messages were just a joke. I do think its funny that their secret society is called "secret society."
https://www.dailywire.com/news/26322/ab ... es-barrett

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

gradles21 wrote: January 25th, 2018, 9:32 am MSM is now saying that the secret society texts messages were just a joke. I do think its funny that their secret society is called "secret society."
https://www.dailywire.com/news/26322/ab ... es-barrett
They are trying to downplay it because it blows up their whole Russian collusion theory. I have been reading about this for the past several days and am just mad that even our local news source isn't covering it. If I try and mention it in their comment section on any article (regarding Trump), it gets axed.

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

kittycat51 wrote: January 25th, 2018, 9:47 am
They are trying to downplay it because it blows up their whole Russian collusion theory. I have been reading about this for the past several days and am just mad that even our local news source isn't covering it. If I try and mention it in their comment section on any article (regarding Trump), it gets axed.
I agree wholeheartedly. I just hope that Trey Gowdy can get to the bottom of this and tell us the truth. I do like that his response to the text messages was "which secret society?" That leads me to believe that he at least knows that they exist.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

gradles21 wrote: January 25th, 2018, 10:10 am
kittycat51 wrote: January 25th, 2018, 9:47 am
I agree wholeheartedly. I just hope that Trey Gowdy can get to the bottom of this and tell us the truth. I do like that his response to the text messages was "which secret society?" That leads me to believe that he at least knows that they exist.
Well then send Trey a Book of Mormon and give him a real head-start into today's machinations. ;)

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Michelle wrote: January 25th, 2018, 9:30 am
Finrock wrote: January 25th, 2018, 8:44 am

-Finrock
I think it is just that we all feel like it is stating the obvious. What more is there to say?
I'm not really talking about this forum and people discussing it. I'm talking about the citizens of the United States in general. The percent of citizens or People who are aware of these things, care about these things, understand why these things are problematic, and then are willing to act or do anything about it, seem miniscule. From where I'm standing it appears that people care about clothes, cars, games, Facebook, looking nice, being popular, etc. Hardly anyone seems to understand the foundations of liberty, what it means to be People, what the role of government in the United States ought to be, or even understand the Constitution and its importance, and so forth.

-Finrock

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Helaman 6:38

38 And it came to pass on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them, beginning at the more wicked part of them, until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites, and had seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.

39 And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government, insomuch that they did trample under their feet and smite and rend and turn their backs upon the poor and the meek, and the humble followers of God.

Those gadiantons are pretty clever in their methods. They are perfect geniuses at twisting truth and flipping what ordinary folk believe to be reality until no one knows end-up-from-down.

We are especially vulnerable in thinking we are righteous based upon the tokens of success we believe to be blessings from the LORD in payment for our 'obedience to His LAW.