Hawaii false alarm

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Hawaii false alarm

Post by kittycat51 »

Fascinating! Many people won't click the link but it is well worth it. From the article and something to really consider:
The chances that the ballistic missile alert was a simple mistake by one person even further strains credulity. One writer points out how the system is designed to prevent this precise mistake:

There is no “button” that could be accidentally hit. There are five fail safe procedures in the Hawaiian Emergency Alert Management System, the last being a two key system such as are present in US missile silos and on US nuclear missile submarines. Two keys, eight feet apart, requiring two different individuals to simultaneously and positively trigger the alert.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Yeah, there's no way someONE gave a false alarm.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I had thought the false alarm story sounds odd too. I mean wouldn't there have been some kind of protection in place from someone say...spilling coffee on the button or sitting on the keyboard ...and then oops...?

Most people when they design a desk or system would also have like a confirmation system too before it happens right? "Are you sure? Click Yes, or NO."

I can't say I'm an expert on this though. But if someone could accidentally trigger the button that easily why didn't it happen earlier when we weren't in a nuclear crisis with the new axis powers of Russia, China, NK, and Turkey?

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

I dont think the mistake was that they accidentally pushed a button. The mistake would be a miscommunication in orders. If they were supposed to be doing a DRILL, then all it would take is one idiot mishearing the order, making a typo, or doing something else like that to trigger the telephone effect and cause panic. Or maybe there was a bug in the system.

No conspiracy needed to explain this in a logical manner. That doesn't mean that there wasn't one; just remember Occums razor.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

inho
captain of 1,000

He thought attack was imminent

Post by inho »

Hawaii’s false missile alert sent by worker who thought attack on U.S. was imminent, FCC says
The Hawaii employee who sent out a false alarm earlier this month warning of an incoming missile attack said he misheard a message played during a drill and believed a ballistic missile was actually heading for the state, according to a federal investigation.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

HAH. Called it.